VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
He give up? Where did you read this?
Go to his Patreon page and join his discord. You will see what I mean.

***EDIT***

I see he has made a couple changes to his Patreon page, but not much. First and foremost he has removed the monthly patronage amount he gets which before was a few grand a month if I recall correctly. Next he has posted a new deadline for part X as "Summer 2020" and has narrowed it down as of this month, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Last edited:

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
Post the rant here if you can find it, always enjoy my meme-tacular reads.
His discord rant was several months ago so I'm not sure I could find it in history. I completely gave up on him and the "Dual Family" game after that. His rant even hacked off his loyal discord moderator amongst other people who were patiently waiting for him to get his shite together. It's really too bad because "Dual Family" was a decent game.

Mookey

Nov 13, 2017
There are no updates and there have been no updates for over 2.5 years. You just want to be lied to in perpetuity by a scammer: https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851

This is a scam, no matter how much it bothers you. That's why people call it a scam.
SMH... I've read that. you posted it almost a year ago and keep re-linking it. I don't care whether your claims are true or false. Besides, there have been developments since then. But even if it's true, those on this site are not being scammed. My point is that Gumdrop posts updates, images, etc. and it's a pain having to scroll through pages and pages to find where someone posted it. Sure, I could become a patron for the convenience but wouldn't I then be giving into the "scammer"?

I just want to check in here after he posts an update to read progress, see images, etc. (along with checking the version number to see if it's been updated) like I do with many other games. This thread has just become a smorgasbord of people who keep saying the same thing over and over again and it's frankly getting annoying.

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
SMH... I've read that. you posted it almost a year ago and keep re-linking it. I don't care whether your claims are true or false. Besides, there have been developments since then. But even if it's true, those on this site are not being scammed. My point is that Gumdrop posts updates, images, etc. and it's a pain having to scroll through pages and pages to find where someone posted it. Sure, I could become a patron for the convenience but wouldn't I then be giving into the "scammer"?

I just want to check in here after he posts an update to read progress, see images, etc. (along with checking the version number to see if it's been updated) like I do with many other games. This thread has just become a smorgasbord of people who keep saying the same thing over and over again and it's frankly getting annoying.
Dont read it then and “just check in here after he posts”. No one asked your opinion if you are “annoyed” by reading “same thing over and over again”. Easy enough.

Jan 9, 2019
Do people still not realize that doing this crap takes a few minutes max? a few minutes every few months to keep hooking extremely naive people. There are literally no assets in virtually all his "previews". Lighting is trivial. No scene-building required at all, just a flat background and extreme close-ups to conceal that fact, you don't want to spend more than a few minutes on this shit. He is not even putting effort into the scam. In fact, this proves he is not doing ANY work at all, otherwise you would be seeing actual "previews" with actual assets. He would be showering you with them to get more money, even if he had zero intentions of releasing anything. This crap is abandoned. I predicted it all almost a year ago.

But so many people here keep always falling for it, every single time: "this time for real guyz, he did the exact same thing he has done repeatedly in the past, he has shown zero evidence of work, but this time is for real, trust me". It's amazing to see so many people being manipulated by such a blatant scammer for so long. Now imagine how hard they will be taken advantage of by actually skilled manipulative people IRL. Of course, not all of them are honest. There are some who come straight out from his discord, like that one caught a while ago:

Coincidence?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
By the way, have people considered the possibility that the original author is not the one running the scam, or that the scammer relied on other people doing the actual work, people who have long left? just curious, it changes nothing about this being abandoned and an obvious scam.

Last edited:

Mookey

Nov 13, 2017
Dont read it then and “just check in here after he posts”. No one asked your opinion if you are “annoyed” by reading “same thing over and over again”. Easy enough.
And "No one asked your opinion" on your useless comments. "Easy enough."

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Macinnes: He disabled the amount shown back in April. I already gave two reasons he could have had for that a couple pages ago:
1. He hid it from his patrons to prevent them from noticing that his per patron amount dropped. This is doubtful because his patrons are not that smart.
2. He finally started looking for help with his project around April when he realized he can't do it alone. He hid his income which allows him to get away with undercutting the wage he pays.
Before he hid this amount, he was getting was around $9.50 per patron per month. If you look at graphtreon:
Their "best guess" is $1K-$5K, while my best guess is $6K-$6.3K (assuming $9.25-$9.70 per patron). But graphtreon doesn't account for past performance and doesn't look at any post statistics, just takes an average of his tiers with a "best guess" where pledges can land.
If a creator exceeds graphtreon's high estimate, that means they're doing really good at engaging high paying patrons.

As for that Discord rant, if it was months ago, then I can believe it because his updates was obviously blasé and he has since switched back to his usual tone.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
Anybody got the Wednesday update?
Update? You mean the 217th time that in game images were recycled to be an 'update', or at least feed the illusion that Gumdrop is actually doing anything beside laughing all the way to the bank?

If he were serious, at least he would be willing to show some of the update images for free (which would be the reasonable thing to do after 2.5 years of lies, missed deadlines and all that), instead of charging a buck per patreon for what is likely just a zoomed in re-render of a render already done in 2017, or 2018 at best). But he is not, and he is just trying to milk people more.

ResmiHardin

Nov 16, 2018
I hate to break this to you guys but I think that's the scene where it's the bj scene from the first 6 releases, it happens on the landing....

Please let me know if I'm wrong and I'll delete this post

P.S - When did he say he was planning to release the final version? I think he said summer right? cutting it awfully close...
I really do hope that it's nearly completed but a big part of me knows it's just like before and every other month and year he's done this.

One Can Only Hope...

Reactions: kilatin
May 7, 2017
I hate to break this to you guys but I think that's the scene where it's the bj scene from the first 6 releases, it happens on the landing (...).
I am not giving a like to qsad due to having hope in GD, but more so because he (qsad) has been, for a while now, ripping the "teasers-of-the-upcoming-release" from GD's personal site and paid-posts.

As for your question, yes, GD promised in a very ambiguous manner that the release of Part X-the Finale of Act 1 would come out this Summer.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I am not giving a like to qsad due to having hope in GD, but more so because he (qsad) has been, for a while now, ripping the "teasers-of-the-upcoming-release" from GD's personal site and paid-posts.

As for your question, yes, GD promised in a very ambiguous manner that the release of Part X-the Finale of Act 1 would come out this Summer.
He is also now discussing Act 2 apparently.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
P.S - When did he say he was planning to release the final version?
Nobody knows that because he announced that the game is expected to have 30 parts, or at least 3 acts of unknown length: first one for exposition, second for romance and third for sex.
So don't expect sex in this one.
I think he said summer right? cutting it awfully close...
I really do hope that it's nearly completed but a big part of me knows it's just like before and every other month and year he's done this.
He already reminded everyone that end of summer is in September (autumnal equinox, which falls on September 22nd this year). That's four months after his last "final deadline" of May 23rd.

Reactions: ResmiHardin

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Well atleast he lost another few hundreds of patreon maybe now he is willing to do some real work. lol.. :devilish: :p he used to have above 1000 patreons but its down to 650 but he still have too much patreon that wont force him to do some real work unless he loses another 500 more.

Till then i doubt he is even planning on releasing anything. Just milking for another 2 years.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes