VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Glaoui

Donor
Apr 8, 2017
There are few people wanting every game looking or behaving the same. You will find them in any game forum here or elsewhere. No one cares.
The main critics toward that game are

excessive procrastination of the story. The son path is going nowhere since 2 updates now.
Updates are too small for one month of waiting.
Rebuilding of the game every 3 versions or so with new little games no one really wanted.

May 7, 2017
I am in the same boat here, I was somewhat unsatisfied with this update, not due to lack of sex scenes or anything but because of the missed opportunities and lack of progress in one of the paths. I guess this is all because, I really like this game for how it is written (not that is the best) and the portrayal of the characters.

Reactions: Pantisocrat

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
I love this games camera work with some of the shots, but yeah, the content is pretty sparse :(.

lunamm

May 31, 2017
I honestly cant understand whats the problem? Some of you complain that the last update wasnt lengthy enough and it lasted only like 5 mins, well thats the best he could do since he cant produce more images in this quality. He could make the update last longer, even 2 or 3 hours long if he were to reuse/recycle the images or if he had 1 image for 5-10 mins of text. Would you like it? I doubt it.
I read in some comments that if the patreon money drops he will release more content, well since the bottleneck is obviously the images, the only way to increase them is to get better hardware (it needs money), hire someone to help him (needs money) and experience (needs time) so i dont understand how someone can beleve that.
Anyway i see lots of hate towards creators recently (some deserve it -impure,slonique-but the majority they dont) and i cant understand why.. Maybe we need to chill a bit? If you dont like something just ignore it and/or dont spend your money on it...
Sorry for my english

Reactions: Aibon and enokard

Glaoui

Donor
Apr 8, 2017
I honestly cant understand whats the problem? Some of you complain that the last update wasnt lengthy enough and it lasted only like 5 mins, well thats the best he could do since he cant produce more images in this quality. He could make the update last longer, even 2 or 3 hours long if he were to reuse/recycle the images or if he had 1 image for 5-10 mins of text. Would you like it? I doubt it.
I read in some comments that if the patreon money drops he will release more content, well since the bottleneck is obviously the images, the only way to increase them is to get better hardware (it needs money), hire someone to help him (needs money) and experience (needs time) so i dont understand how someone can beleve that.
Anyway i see lots of hate towards creators recently (some deserve it -impure,slonique-but the majority they dont) and i cant understand why.. Maybe we need to chill a bit? If you dont like something just ignore it and/or dont spend your money on it...
Sorry for my english
Nah, the time lost is everywhere but on the rendering: He rebuilt his game 2 times. He introduces new little games like puzzles, he redid the renders (no complain) several times and the last update on the path of the son is mainly interaction with Karen, no one cares about, or the visit of his sister which was so full of nothing I cannot even remember what she wanted. Or cared actually. So actually even if he could render more images faster I do not see what that would have changed. Son path is still going nowhere.

WoodyGB

May 5, 2017
Sorry for my english
Here's the promises that Gumdrop has made on attaining certain goals .

GOALS
  • $400 – reached!
    Meeting this first milestone means you enjoy Dual Family and are curious how this story will progress. In response, I will put more time and energy into the game for faster updates!
  • $1,000 – reached!
    Render time is a fixed, agonizingly slow variable in development. Reaching this goal would allow me to shave off tens of hours -- possibly even days of rendering time by upgrading both graphical and computer processors.
  • $3,000 – reached!
    Full-time investment into development is truly a pivotal point for Dual Family. As of now, I've been dividing the month between my work and development, giving me blurry comprehension in when I can exactly complete an installment. If Dual Family becomes my work, crystal clarity along with faster delivery will be achievable.

Current pledges = $5,737 per month

Your contribution realizes the following:
  • Upgrade computer hardware for faster rendering times – thus faster updates
  • Recruit additional developers to bring musical score, sound design, animation and more polishing elements into the game
  • Allow me to work full time on game development – a complete investment of time and focus into producing the best possible experience
In addition to the game’s colossal improvement from your support, there are many great rewards for you to reap depending how much you decide to contribute to the project.

Reactions: bernthal

HellMonkey

Sep 1, 2017
So I just got to the "stop"point as the Father and beyond the "dreams" and niece in the shower there was no real "scenes" to it. Did i make wrong choices or is that it in current development?

Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
So I just finished playing both routes, father/son and the father's route variations, and I've got to say it was a bit underwhelming, I mean it wasn't exactly just 10 minutes of game-play but... it sort of felt like that. To make it concise, I've got to say this update was heavily catered towards the Dad's route, with him raising relationship points left and right by doing almost nothing, (not that I didn't enjoy his perspective)... and as for the son's route, I felt it merely was there as an afterthought with some light story progression with blank spaces for this update (blank spaces = example: shopping scene with the mom, cut content, maybe?), that throughout the update leads to not being able to raise any points towards any relationships.
When i played it too, i felt from the beginning that the game was heavily pandering to the father route because the writing in the "son" route it's really bad and in terms of content is heavily lacking

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Devon Rehab

May 15, 2017
Honestly I'm most interested in the father-daughter part of the game so I don't mind too much but the son does seem to be getting much less content in his side of the game. The father in general seems like hes going to be the easier route to getting together with the various female characters in the game than the son. The daughter is the main focus, then there is trying to fix things with the wife, Karen seems more eager to slut it up with her uncle than her cousin, and the aunt/sister-in-law had some kind of relationship with him in the past before he married her sister and either wants to get back with you or is such a total bitch for whatever reason and wants to contribute to the end of your marriage.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
While I am more interested in the father route, I see the potential of the two routes. still, considering the problems the developer has with time managment, I would say he should stop the son route for the time being and focus full force on the father. After the father path is done, gumdrop can finish the son path. This would help the game immensly, esp. since he would then have time to make the son more playable. I played only a bit of the son route since he is atm an unmitigated a... towards most people.

As an aside: I hope the game goes on: Absolutely great renders for a one man team, nice ideas.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Actually @trumpthatbitch, I made two runs just to see where the son gains or loses relationship points with the mom and if you follow the guide you end up with two points gained, if you diverge a bit from the guide, you gain three points by not hiding and peeping at the first opportunity you have with the mom.

If you comfort her, you gain 1 point.
If you enter the mom's room without knocking and hide you lose the point, even if you move closer after the conversation and promptly confess, or simply confess it is simply the same result.
You gain 1 point if you don't go to the party and stay home, then reply in the dream sequence you are interested in mom.
If you refrain from kissing her you gain another point and that's it.

Though, I think the point of the first peeping is exposition and to show that this game is not "that kind of game" were you run in a character and bam you are doing stuff with them. Probably is simply to show the possibility of paths that can be explored and to present that your actions have consequences that perpetuate in the story.

Edited the tally of possible points in each route (F-S) inside the spoiler:

Hope it helps to bring a broader idea of the paths in-game o_O

Yeah, I was trying to follow the decrypted script may have made a mistake the guy didn't seperate Father and Son within the script and it was a mess. Didn't see the -1 coded but itmay have been missed.

I'll do a research later to confirm infact maybe I'll just do a +1 guide to make things simple

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Blockout

Mar 26, 2017
When i played it too, i felt from the beginning that the game was heavily pandering to the father route because the writing in the "son" route it's really bad and in terms of content is heavily lacking
Have to say that I am okay with it. There are countless games from the (wimpy manlet) Sons POV.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Karen seems more eager to slut it up with her uncle than her cousin, and the aunt/sister-in-law had some kind of relationship with him in the past before he married her sister and either wants to get back with you or is such a total bitch for whatever reason and wants to contribute to the end of your marriage.
I had the same impression, for Karen it seems like she really has some kind of interest for him and if you peek on them when the daughter changes you give her some leverage to actually make some progress. With the son it feels more like he's just another dick for her, at least for now. Maybe it'll change in the future.

As for the aunt I'm not sure how I feel about it, I mean it CAN provide some decent material in the future if it's done right, to make the story go on if you don't make up with your wife and it can also be beneficial for the Karen route if there'll be something like this, but as I said. It has the potential to be something good if you make it good.

Arap12

Aug 15, 2017
Have to say that I am okay with it. There are countless games from the (wimpy manlet) Sons POV.
The problem pal this is Dual family, with supposed "Dual Stories", having the father have more content is not simply fair, you want a father's game simply play DmD that is an actual game centered on F\D relationship.
Sorry but the Son needs to have more content before called even.

I had the same impression, for Karen it seems like she really has some kind of interest for him and if you peek on them when the daughter changes you give her some leverage to actually make some progress. With the son it feels more like he's just another dick for her, at least for now. Maybe it'll change in the future.

As for the aunt I'm not sure how I feel about it, I mean it CAN provide some decent material in the future if it's done right, to make the story go on if you don't make up with your wife and it can also be beneficial for the Karen route if there'll be something like this, but as I said. It has the potential to be something good if you make it good.
I think that's not going to change because the author has (from the writing in-game and the amount of content available) no interest in the son route and probably just something he implemented to not make it look so obvious that's DmD 2.0, with zero interaction with the aunt as son and no new scenes for the son while the Father gets all the attention.
The aunt should be not so trusting to her brother-in-law and should be harder (due of her sister getting separated from him because the father has treated his wife bad)to get while as the son you should be approach her more easily as the Father already has more possibilites with Daughter and Niece than the son has.
Even when the son route will be complete, i'm sure that it will just have 1\10 of the scenes that the father has.
The author should be honest to say "Guys i don't like the son route this is gonna be a father's game".

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I think that's not going to change because the author has (from the writing in-game and the amount of content available) no interest in the son route and probably just something he implemented to not make it look so obvious that's DmD 2.0, with zero interaction with the aunt as son and no new scenes for the son while the Father gets all the attention.
The aunt should be not so trusting to her brother-in-law and should be harder (due of her sister getting separated from him because the father has treated his wife bad)to get while as the son you should be approach her more easily as the Father already has more possibilites with Daughter and Niece than the son has.
Even when the son route will be complete, i'm sure that it will just have 1\10 of the scenes that the father has.
The author should be honest to say "Guys i don't like the son route this is gonna be a father's game".
Well, it's not a bad thing if two different routes get two different approaches, both can come out pretty good if you push the right buttons or rather write a good story.
It would probably be a more "natural" approach if the aunt was harder on the father for a possible divorce, but as I understand the situation they dated for a while before he chose the mother, so there may still be some feelings left or maybe something like "I'll show her that I can still have him" or something. Maybe she also sees it like everybody else that she can be quite a bitch at times, so she doesn't blame him completely or at all.

May 7, 2017
Just to bring something else to the table, there are much more missed opportunities and locked stories in the son's route than there are in the father's route, since you can only aim to score with one character at the time unlike the father's route which is much easier to do (that is in the sense, that your choices within this route can easily branch out and net relationships scores at the same time with other characters).

Tally of possible points in each route (F-S) inside the spoiler:

Hope it helps to bring a broader idea of the paths in-game o_O

Last edited:

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
I agree with some of the people who said : "1 month wait for this..." "Pretty deceived by the content", "terrible game flow".... I'm disappointed in the updates for all theses games :
- Dreams of Desires,
- Big Brother,
- Dual Family,
- The Twist,
- Au-Pair Innocence,
- Thinking About You
I stopped all my pledges. I think that sex is like drug. Just my opinion ! But I want always more exciting scenes, stories, pictures, faces. This escalation always leads to the frustration. No devs, nobody (even IRL, I think...) can fill this kind of wait. (Do you feel what I mean ? My English is not good).
Milf's Villa had a pretty great update!

U

User_51567

Disappointed with the Son route, which is the route I prefer.
I Agree completely.
I was playing it from the start, expecting a good couple of scenes..

But what do you get... A 20% Mother content 80% Sister, Niece Father etc. content..
Not what i was hoping for.
At this point it's no longer Dual Family, but another(and worse) DmD clone..
Hope that the Mother/Son route gets more content in the future, but i'm not holding my breath.

I'm seeing it more and more in Incest themed games with multiple routes.
At first the content is evened out, but after a couple months the Maker of the game personal preferences gets the better of him/her and the other routes get forgotten.
And after a couple of updates of that it's to late to make that correct and it's another game canceled or a Patreon Page inactive...

I love this kinda game....But most of the makers are to ambitious.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes