VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Charming! And somewhat ironic.
Excuse me for having a slightly different opinion on that matter - But yes, it's obviously venting. The point is that at some point you're supposed to let go of things after a while.
Like.. there are without a doubt alot of people that were quite angry over this whole situation. Just like you guys. And then they got over it, unlike you guys.

I mean, what do I care - If you think that is entertaining, all power to you.
Is that me or you sound salty for no reason?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I mean.. I don't like pickles on my hamburgers. So I usually order something that doesn't have them.
I was asking why people invest so much time & energy into posting such hateful comments every day in here? I mean.. I know it's the internet, hating on things is normal but my god.. you guys are taking it to the next level.
On the other hand, most people, when paying for a hamburger, expect there to be an actual meat patty between the buns.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
So that nobody would believe this scammers lies and give him more money. You can see almost daily new people coming here asking "when is the new release" or something similar, so it is to inform them about the situation. All of the messages are meant as a warning for new people, and also because we know that Scamdrop Kyle and his fanboys are still lurking this thread so they get their panties twisted up.
Considering the developer deletes messages on his forums that mention the lack of progress, this is probably the only place for someone to find out what is happening.

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018
I mean.. I don't like pickles on my hamburgers. So I usually order something that doesn't have them.
I was asking why people invest so much time & energy into posting such hateful comments every day in here? I mean.. I know it's the internet, hating on things is normal but my god.. you guys are taking it to the next level.
Some of the people who post here were former Patrons of Gumdrop but quit when they realize it was a scam so they are simply pissed! And because their posts get deleted over on Scamdrops discord this is pretty much the only place they can vent and warn other potential victims not to get suckered into the scam.

That's why!

This thread is a warning label and a vent!

Lurker

Apr 30, 2017
Some of the people who post here were former Patrons of Gumdrop but quit when they realize it was a scam so they are simply pissed! And because their posts get deleted over on Scamdrops discord this is pretty much the only place they can vent and warn other potential victims not to get suckered into the scam.

That's why!

This thread is a warning label and a vent!
I get that and that's reasonable. I stopped my pledging the moment the initial release for part X got delayed and decided to (maybe) pick it up again when some update happens. But dear god, not in my wildest dreams I'd decide to play the avenger of the supporters.
People should realize the state of affairs when seeing the "abandoned"-tag on the thread before even opening it. No need to "warn" them any more so I guess that leaves only constant venting then. On the other hand people also complain on their Discord alot.
It's just mindblowing to me how people can be so butthurt for such a long time.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Do pickles exploit innocent people? I'll never understand how people pretend not to get that some people care about others being wronged even if it doesn't benefit them personally.

Casikaz

Dec 4, 2020
I get that and that's reasonable. I stopped my pledging the moment the initial release for part X got delayed and decided to (maybe) pick it up again when some update happens. But dear god, not in my wildest dreams I'd decide to play the avenger of the supporters.
People should realize the state of affairs when seeing the "abandoned"-tag on the thread before even opening it. No need to "warn" them any more so I guess that leaves only constant venting then. On the other hand people also complain on their Discord alot.
You don't seem to mind Scamdrop constantly being scamming people for third year in a row, but you seem to have a problem with people being angry to this scammer on this thread, which seems little odd to me... "No need to warn them any more", oh yes there is, because some people don't know how to use this site, they don't know what the tags means, or then don't understand english too well and it shows, and especially when the Scamdrop himself is being just too much of a chicken shit that he doesn't even have the balls to let people voice their opinion in his own discord or Patreon, then this is more than needed. When the grass is cut, the snakes will show.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I haven't really seen anyone playing avenger yet. Unless you talking about the guy that keep documenting this tomfuckery. Good on you, I guess, for being able to get over it so quickly, but, as you can see, there's a plenty of people who harbor strong resentment for the guy, his apologists and remaining supporters.
And I get that. As I said, I have zero financial or emotional investment is this mess and just here along for the ride. But even I feel some resentment towards people that still support the guy. After all, it's because of this type of people we now have microtransactions in video games.
So forgive them, with all your grace and wisdom, for still not being able to get over it.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
You don't seem to mind Scamdrop constantly being scamming people for third year in a row, but you seem to have a problem with people being angry to this scammer on this thread, which seems little odd to me... "No need to warn them any more", oh yes there is, because some people don't know how to use this site, they don't know what the tags means, or then don't understand english too well and it shows, and especially when the Scamdrop himself is being just too much of a chicken shit that he doesn't even have the balls to let people voice their opinion in his own discord or Patreon, then this is more than needed. When the grass is cut, the snakes will show.
He sounds exactly like TenLogos. Next he will accuse critics of "spreading misinformation".

Last edited:

Lurker

Apr 30, 2017
I did mind. Like you said, this whole thing is going on for so long why would I invest myself in this any further?
You guys are being hypocrites but that's to be expected so I can't really blame you. Yet it'd be interesting to see some self-awareness.

I haven't really seen anyone playing avenger yet. Unless you talking about the guy that keep documenting this tomfuckery. Good on you, I guess, for being able to get over it so quickly, but, as you can see, there's a plenty of people who harbor strong resentment for the guy, his apologists and remaining supporters.
And I get that. As I said, I have zero financial or emotional investment is this mess and just here along for the ride. But even I feel some resentment towards people that still support the guy. After all, it's because of this type of people we now have microtransactions in video games.
So forgive them, with all your grace and wisdom, for still not being able to get over it.
I don't know. I think there's a problem if I don't have a clear insight on things and yet start to feel "resentment" towards other people that might have a different opinion than I do. Don't get me wrong, I know where you're coming from and I think it's fine if people trash-talk on the developer all the time (even though it's a bit excessive) but you can't deny that there's alot of speculation going on.
There are several people here that constantly feed this thread with false informations but noone bothered to check-up on it but because it fits the current mood people rather jump on that shit-train. It's funny to observe and I shouldn't be surprised but this thread here is nothing but close to being a 4chan-board.

Last edited:

Macinnes

Feb 19, 2020
Don't forget that Dual Family is still for sale on Steam. The reviews there mention nothing about the scam. Now paying about $7 for a game on Steam is not as bad as pledging on Patreon but people are still being suckered in. I laugh at his relaunch announcement because it's obvious people are not going to buy another delay in the release of Part X. So what's the best excuse? Oh sorry but due to team member issues I'm just going to completely redo DF so now I REALLY, REALLY need your support guys thanks. With that support I will be able to give you an even better game than previously mentioned, but I'm gonna need to build even newer rendering rigs with NVIDIA ray tracing cards so keep those pledges coming guys thanks, Kyle.

BTW my sarcasm is based not on speculation but actual statements on his pages with a bit of sarcastic license added for effect. I bought DF originally on Steam and then pledged for a few months until he delayed the release of Part X a couple times after. I was newly discovering VN's at the time and did know about any of this including F95 Zone. I have moved on but curiosity brings me back to this board every now and then when I see a notification pop up.

Last edited:

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I did mind. Like you said, this whole thing is going on for so long why would I invest myself in this any further?
You guys are being hypocrites but that's to be expected so I can't really blame you. Yet it'd be interesting to see some self-awareness.

I don't know. I think there's a problem if I don't have a clear insight on things and yet start to feel "resentment" towards other people that might have a different opinion than I do. Don't get me wrong, I know where you're coming from and I think it's fine if people trash-talk on the developer all the time (even though it's a bit excessive) but you can't deny that there's alot of speculation going on.
There are several people here that constantly feed this thread with false informations but noone bothered to check-up on it but because it fits the current mood people rather jump on that shit-train. It's funny to observe and I shouldn't be surprised but this thread here is nothing close to being a 4chan-board.
Ok, you bringing up good points. I personally don't see anything excessive going on here. From everything I've seen it seems like a clear cut case.
As for false information, would you be kind to correct it if you come across such thing? Afer all this thread's supposed purpose is to open people's eyes to such scum, or so people say. No pressure thought.

Casikaz

Dec 4, 2020
You never voiced any unhappiness towards Scamdrops scamming, so it is quite difficult to try to read your mind you know. You don't want to invest yourself any further, but you still invest yourself further and further in to this all this time by coming out here to call out other people for exposing this scammer day in and day out, when he tries to cover up his own marks himself as much as he possibly can so that nobody would find out about his little fraud. Calling other people hypocrites while being one of the biggest hypocrites in this thread at the moment is quite hilarious set up for yourself.

Lurker

Apr 30, 2017
As for false information, would you be kind to correct it if you come across such thing? Afer all this thread's supposed purpose is to open people's eyes to such scum, or so people say. No pressure thought.
Really? Come on now, why would I do that?
It doesn't matter what I would say, people here already have their opinion and it won't change. Nor am I interested in assisting. I can live with the fact that some strangers on the internet just believe everything that they're being told instead of using their head. That's part of the entertainment.

I'm aware that I may come across asshole'ish too most of you guys and that's okay. I was just curious and hoped to receive a different answer to my question to be honest.

Lurker

Apr 30, 2017
You never voiced any unhappiness towards Scamdrops scamming, so it is quite difficult to try to read your mind you know. You don't want to invest yourself any further, but you still invest yourself further and further in to this all this time by coming out here to call out other people for exposing this scammer day in and day out, when he tries to cover up his own marks himself as much as he possibly can so that nobody would find out about his little fraud. Calling other people hypocrites while being one of the biggest hypocrites in this thread at the moment is quite hilarious set up for yourself.
You're making too many assumptions.

Gr8Dumper

May 11, 2018
You don't seam to get it or want to get it. I like others who post here lost money on this, feel cheated and while I got out in time, I still care and want to warn others.

In order for a WARNING label to work you need to constantly update the narrative to counter the propaganda that Gumdrop and his disciple Tenlogos (and other fellow scammers) are pumping out. They are very clever with the psychology how to sound genuine and honest and some how come clean with: "we failed and now we start all over again please for give us for lying for 3 years not delivering shit but it will be different this time - really" to keep people buying into it.
Everything they say and write is a part of a very well thought through communication plan how to bring a bad message and make it a win - throwing in a mixture of good cop bad cop routine in it.
His scam is a moving target. The latest scam letter he posted is an evolution of his scam narrative and it proves that a thread like this desperately need to be keep alive and active to counter the latest scam development.

I just hope there are more people who reads this thread.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes