VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
Just how dumb these people are? I don’t even know who’s more braindead - the ones who pledged for years of false promises or the new ones...

I knew I had enough of the Patreon when some dev of a really mediocre game I used to pledge to (Polarity if I recall) shat out some sissy longread about his life, how bad it was due to family issues and how grateful he is to us all blah blah... I’m paying your goddam bills you moron, without me you’d be a McDonald’s employee! I don’t wanna know about your life!
Which makes you wonder why you would pledge to a really mediocre game. Doesn't sound very smart.

thenono

Oct 16, 2017
At least Icstor has the decency to pause donations when he's not working, AND offer next update for free to anyone who pledged for the previous. I'd love to see him work more, but he's not the scumbag Scamdrop is.
Icstor is up there with Kyle, no doubt about that. Icstor has done 1 release in over 2 years and put payments on pause for the first 3 months of that and thats it. At least Kyle strings people along with his long waffling posts, Icstor just ignores everyone and comes back with the same excuse every time. Icstor and the word decency have no right to be uttered together imho.

TheReDeeMeR

Mar 18, 2018
At least Icstor has the decency to pause donations when he's not working, AND offer next update for free to anyone who pledged for the previous. I'd love to see him work more, but he's not the scumbag Scamdrop is.
An Icstor patreon can confirm that?
Did he stop the donations?

MyKneesDawg

Apr 9, 2020
Which makes you wonder why you would pledge to a really mediocre game. Doesn't sound very smart.
This would take a lot of work but could be an alternative explanation to suspending payments: if someone controlled a lot of ghost accounts, that someone can pledge a very high value and never get to the payment part. Just keep removing and re-adding their pledge. It's a lot of work, but keeps up appearances.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: User1230

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
But it's tedious, time consuming and only works as long as you still have paying patrons. Once you lose all paying patrons, there's no point in keeping up this ruse and we'd see his patron count drop off a cliff.
How many such fluff patrons could he have? 100? 300? It's a lot of work for a few hundred dollars.

That said, maybe he's a very solid programmer and is using Patreon's API to automate it.

sob

Apr 3, 2017
If I started selling crack, I would make some pinups to have a legit Patreon page and I would make my clients sub to my Patreon as payment. How about that? It's a win win. Clean money for both of us.

Of course that's not what he is doing. He is creating a game and 600-700 people are paying for that game. Since 2017 people are paying for this game. 2020 was supposed to be the big year for part X. He says fuck that, we're going back to 2017. And he starts the game from scratch.

And check this: somehow more people sub to him? Yea this is a money laundering scheme.

Also when a creator misses a deadline by a few days you can easily check the respective page on F95 of that game to see hell on earth. From small to medium to large creators. Each game has a devoted community. But not him.

Gd's discord is dead. He has 4 active people there. Here there's only us making fun of him. His Patreon posts only have around 5-10 likes out of 600-700 patrons.

To circle back, if I were to sell something that I wasn't allowed to sell doing it the gumdrop way is de way. Gd plez don't sue me for stealing your idea.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
And completely unfounded. In broad daylight, using easily trackable paypal or credit cards instead of unmarked cash and he wasn't caught in ~2 years?

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
This would take a lot of work but could be an alternative explanation to suspending payments: if someone controlled a lot of ghost accounts, that someone can pledge a very high value and never get to the payment part. Just keep removing and re-adding their pledge. It's a lot of work, but keeps up appearances.
But it's tedious, time consuming and only works as long as you still have paying patrons. Once you lose all paying patrons, there's no point in keeping up this ruse and we'd see his patron count drop off a cliff.
How many such fluff patrons could he have? 100? 300? It's a lot of work for a few hundred dollars.

That said, maybe he's a very solid programmer and is using Patreon's API to automate it.
He is using charge upfront. He can't pledge and cancel without having to pay, including paying taxes and fees. No way he is doing that.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
In the past, I noticed with a creator where I was the only patron at a certain level that even after my payment was denied (lost and blocked old card, didn't receive a new card yet)/ I couldn't access patron-locked posts, but I was still listed as a patron for that month. When I canceled, patron count for that tier dropped to zero.
Could that be the case here? (I kind of doubt it, since patron counts drop every 1st, but maybe that's just for a specific method of payment?)

vks017

Jun 30, 2017
Well im surpised no one mentioned it yet.
But he has released some of fatcats work on his website, "DF Party"
Still not much but might explain his patron jump somewhat

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
Well im surpised no one mentioned it yet.
But he has released some of fatcats work on his website, "DF Party"
Still not much but might explain his patron jump somewhat
Yep. He claims that's just an animation test. The remaster will have all new renders. Guess we will find out soon if he's still full of crap.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes