VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
Sunken cost fallacy, supporters oblivious to recurring charges, people that believe hope is the last to die and retards.
Sunken cost fallacy could be the case if they lost what they invested in when giving up. This isn't the case here. They can delete their pledges and if Gumdrop releases a new version they can pledge again to get it.

I think it is more that they feel that if they give up now, they have to come to terms with the fact that they have been scammed. As long as they don't give up, they haven't been scammed. It's a mental defense.

Reactions: boraxkarloff

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
This never should have been dual-route game. No one cares about dad-daughter route anyways. That was Kyle's first major mistake. Working on both routes at the same time is inevitable burnout.
While it was a mistake from the beginning to go full blown two routes with his "work ethic", you are a bit mistaken about which it should have been. The Dad-Daughter route was more popular, one reason the Dad might have his flaws (e.g. former workaholic, unusually prude, at least from a European perspective), but is a halfway normal guy with a functioning relationship at least with his daughter. The Son on the other hand, it became clearer during the game, has major mental problems well outside the family situation and is a ticking timebomb.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
who the f these 580 supporters on his patreon? it's been almost 3 years he's doing nothing
People are dumb and easy to fool.

This game is a lost cause, but what annoys me is that because of devs like Gumdrop, more and more newer devs like Dammed and RAinces use the same milking tricks. They know all they have to do is come up with periodic lies/excuses that at least some will fall for, and then use ALT accounts and mods to censor their discords/F95 threads to quiet those of us who are wise enough to notice the scam so more people won't catch on. Repeat, repeat...

Still, you'll have some fools who blindly cheer while their money is sucked out of their pockets with no return :LOL:

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
I think it is more that they feel that if they give up now, they have to come to terms with the fact that they have been scammed. As long as they don't give up, they haven't been scammed. It's a mental defense.
So that's what the Aunt thought: "If I push my nephew away while he's fucking me without consent, then I admit he's raping me. Therefore, I'll let him finish inside so it's like I wanted it"...

...tbh, kind of big-brain strategy to be called "self-defense".

makmaru619

May 25, 2019
Is the game complete, asking cause of the previous request by someone asking for full save, also why does this have an abandoned tag, Patreon page of the developer looks active...

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Is the game complete, asking cause of the previous request by someone asking for full save, also why does this have an abandoned tag, Patreon page of the developer looks active...
Bruh it's abandoned, and the dev has been actively excusing why he no release update.
i think my english skills went to shit on this post.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
full save, also why does this have an abandoned tag, Patreon page of the developer looks active...
Pick a random page among the last 400 or so and you will realize that the developer is celebrating 3 years of absolutely no work done on the game. Whatever he posts is just poor blurry zoom ins from previous images (already in game), and tons of excuses as to why he has not done anything for the last three years.

Chances of Donald Trump changing gender are higher than this developer actually finishing the game.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
That's because the developer IS active...actively coming up with new ways to fool people into continuing to give him money for doing nothing :LOL:

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
I know some people already aswered your question, but I'll leave you this as a proof of what do we mean:
https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851

It's an endless cycle of scamming, stronger now that Gumdrop decided to "remaster" an incomplete game. The truth is, we veterans have to face all newbies who come here, expecting to see a game with full potencial completed, but that will never come true because of a scammer, greedy and lazy developer (in fact, the completed version of this game is an utopia).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
dev can be as active on patreon as wants (could say scamdrop is hyperactive) but if no updates then game gets abandoned tag after some months until dev releases update and only scamdrop's brainless followers believe that he will release update someday.

Mar 22, 2018
dev can be as active on patreon as wants (could say scamdrop is hyperactive) but if no updates then game gets abandoned tag after some months until dev releases update and only scamdrop's brainless followers believe that he will release update someday.
If he release? He released christmas prequel right?

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes