VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

SicFran

May 7, 2017
I am sure there will be a chapter or two in game design handbook, that if it takes players half an hour to set up names and relationships while watching "blank" silhouettes and the game is not named "The Sims" than youve fucked up.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Wow, now this thread has exploded. 15 new pages since yesterday...

Anyone played it yet? is it legit? does the son finally fuck the mom?
Gumdrop's original plan was three acts with ten parts each. Starting with building a relationship (act 1), going into romance (act 2) and then sexual (act 3). If he sticks to his current schedule and keeps this breakneck pace and releases one part every two years, then actual sex in the game will happen 40 years from now.

Don't download it guys. It's not worth it. I think gumdrop released it, because patreon wanted to delete his account, and he must release some crap to prove he still "create"
Same shit as with Icstor. Peeps got finally fed up, reported them to Patreon, Patreon threatened to delete their account which would make them loose their scamming scheme, so they released a bullshit size of an update to "justify" their existence. Obviously there won't be 4 years, let alone 4 weeks worth of content in these shit, but do feel free to "hope", sure.
Patreon doesn't give a damn whether you create or not.

Don't know why people here keep "reacting" when the "update" that was just uploaded is not only infected, it's not an "update".
The "infection" is the same as all other RenPy games: 32 bit version is throwing a false positive in antivirus software. If the 64 bit version is also throwing an error, then it's something new.

No wonder people are confused. It's not "Act II", it's barely connected to the originial story. Would make more sense to call it a "Reboot".
It's Dual Family legacy Act I Part X Half 1 and DFX Act II.

Has anyone thought that this was a test from the developer to see if people would still be interested on this game ?
He probably got his answer seeing how there are like 100 new pages in 1 day.
He knows exactly how badly people want to play this game. It's enough that he had 400+ hardcore supporters over the last two years who didn't give up on supporting him despite all the lies, excuses and missed deadlines.

I'm not holding my breath and I'm not downloading anything until there's the second half (father) release next Monday. If there isn't, count it as an "I told you so" from me.

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
For a game that so many people dislike this sure gets a lot of attention. Most of the comments all dislike this update and the developer.

Why does Gumdrop the 'Milker' still gets so much popular attention? :unsure::coffee:

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
For a game that so many people dislike this sure gets a lot of attention. Most of the comments all dislike this update and the developer.

Why does Gumdrop the 'Milker' still gets so much popular attention? :unsure::coffee:
Because the more times it is written on a page that this is horrendous, drug induced cowpie, the less likely it is some unsuspecting n00b will discover it and think it's a good idea to pledge.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Because the more times it is written on a page that this is horrendous, drug induced cowpie, the less likely it is some unsuspecting n00b will discover it and think it's a good idea to pledge.
You need to discern between old ("Legacy") Dual Family and new DFX. People don't want DFX, they want Dual Family to continue.

In its essence it's not different from Lust & Passion (A Wife And Mother) or DarkCookie (Summertime Saga). They're all developers who are extending the development of their respective games over unrealistic periods, milking their creations for all their worth.

I think the biggest reason why is because Gumdrop has been stringing people along, dropped hints he was not developing his game at all during that two year long hiatus and has later released that DFX train wreck, making the whole thing look like some artistic happening rather than a sincere attempt to develop a game and it went completely over his head at some point.

So he was knowingly lying to this supporter base to keep the money flowing.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Once you cheat, you need much less mental gymnastics to allow yourself to cheat again. You have rehearsed all the excuses and you know exactly why you're entitled to cheating since it's not really cheating.

Gumdrop is still actively cheating on his supporters. I didn't understand why he mentioned all that crap about voice acting, animations and recently motion capture, but now I do.
He may be actively developing legacy Dual Family, but the reasons he gives for delays are for DFX. So yes, he wants to add voice acting, animations, and use motion capture, but it's not for legacy DF, it's for the brainfart DFX. Next he'll say he's working on a VR version of "his game".

He's pretending he doesn't know what people are talking about when they just want him to complete his game and he's pleading ignorance claiming he's working on his game. It's just that he's not working on the game that people want him to work on.

Ignoring DFX, because it's a steaming pile of dung not worthy of any consideration, we're now going to have Act I of Dual Family completed. No reason not to complete it now.

So we can expect the release of second half of Act I Part X next week (father's perspective). But I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest he then dangles Act II previews over the next couple of months before releasing Act II Part I. We'll see him release a couple parts of Act II on a monthly/bimonthly schedule.

And then disappears for another two years. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
You need to discern between old ("Legacy") Dual Family and new DFX. People don't want DFX, they want Dual Family to continue.

In its essence it's not different from Lust & Passion (A Wife And Mother) or DarkCookie (Summertime Saga). They're all developers who are extending the development of their respective games over unrealistic periods, milking their creations for all their worth.

I think the biggest reason why is because Gumdrop has been stringing people along, dropped hints he was not developing his game at all during that two year long hiatus and has later released that DFX train wreck, making the whole thing look like some artistic happening rather than a sincere attempt to develop a game and it went completely over his head at some point.

So he was knowingly lying to this supporter base to keep the money flowing.
Keeping the money flowing seems a fair point.

It seems that he is acutely aware of what he is doing and how he is doing it. If patrons want to keep paying him then that is their choice. Good or bad, but either way there is a lot of interest being generated for his game that isn't shrinking.

I guess essentially, that there are enough that like the game and tolerate Gumdrop, hoping that he will provide some worthwhile output. Judging from the comments this update isn't it. :coffee:

Yatzeh

Apr 8, 2018
Yeah does anyone know a game that similar to dual family i really like the slow burn this game gave off
Light of my life is very well done.
Slow burn for his two daughters, with some lewd scenes with various co-workers.
Character models unique not dolled up models like most of this games.
Beautiful in it's own kinda jewy way

Reactions: WoodyGB and sob

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Patreon doesn't give a damn whether you create or not.
Given enough reports, they do. Icstor got back into the game admittedly because Patreon warned him 3 times in a row and he needed to show some sort of proof that he actually works on the game. Most likely the same happened here as well. Ponzi schemes eventually collapse, theirs just went on for a longer time than usual, but there's always someone above who can kick their asses.

Reactions: Ivyxxx and xortor

Ice piece

Jun 21, 2017
The game has become extremely annoying and frustrating mechanic-wise without the skip function.
using the Unren.bat and choosing the 5th option helped a lot.
As for the story, I don't think even gumdrops knows what direction he wants to take this game.
so many time-wasting features I doubt people care about music in a Coomer game.
I came to relieve my stress but this game only increased it.

WE NEED SCENES LIKE THIS IN THE GAME

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes