VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
There are two things: Dual Family and DFX.

Dual Family is a game. A visual novel that's supposed to be divided into three Acts, each of them released in parts. Two+ years ago the developer actually stuck to a release schedule until Act I Part 8. Part 9 took a few months to be completed and Part 10 never arrived. I won't speculate the reason(s) for that, there's hundreds of pages of discussion here in this thread.

The developer is apparently back and working on the game, but until there is actual new content and the story progresses, your best bet is to assume it's a way to build up a patron following to milk them later.

DFX is a brain fart released to troll his supporters. Its name is based on Dual Family and part X (part 10 of act 1) which people mistakenly believed would contain sex between the main cast*.
I believe DFX Act I was released to troll the support base. After losing a lot of patrons, gumdrop apparently realized they're not as dumb as he thought they were and started working on his actual game again.
But to keep up appearances, he's still working on DFX and made Act II of it now.
At least that's my understanding of what DFX is. Ignore it, don't touch it, prove that even freeloaders have their limits.

*) Yes, for some dumb reason or another, a lot of people assumed the game would come in ten installments. Nine to build up the tension and ten to release all of it. Never mind that gumdrop himself said it's going to have three acts, each containing multiple parts. The first act is almost out. The second act is supposed to be romance and the third act is supposed to be sex.
Assuming each act is ten parts, that's a total of thirty installments, and only the last ten have any chance of sexual content. People still assumed that the game will have just ten parts and even though parts 1-9 only set the mood for romance and maybe progressed 3% towards sex, they still believed part 10 would cover the remaining 97% and culminate with multiple sex scenes.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
No sex scene with mom yet?
I haven't played this game in years, but as far as I can remember there is no sex with mom, unless you count where the son MC dreams about having sex with her. If I remember correctly he wakes up in the morning with both him and mom naked in bed, but the story plot makes you think it wasn't real sex but that he had a dream about having sex with her. Guess I should shut up now cause I really don't remember exactly.

Last edited:

JakabP

Aug 26, 2017
I like the concept of Act I. Wish there was more options for the other "friends" based on your character and things definitely need more flushed out between them all. The relationship screen needs to not have empty silhouettes so you can link relationships appropriately. Still, I would say there is a good story element.
Act II was so confusing to figure out how it worked and I gave up when I found something. Seemed to be stuck in music video type thing.
Don't think the creator is invested anymore personally and that's just my take after playing both
i just downloaded it, and i would like to play with incest but i have no idea who supposed to be who, under those silhuettes. The first is the father, then a daughter, the green and Karen i have no idea (mother and her or the father's sister?), fifth is the son and then a cousin, or another daughter?
Pls help :)

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
Ive just started this game 1st time, (PC) got upto the scene where MC invited (hoodie) to the dance then just constant frame errors until the whole thing kept crashing ! (i didnt save the error log) I was pissed off so deleted the game haha!

TokyoR

Aug 30, 2018
for reall , this piece of junk still get 300 or + supporters ... really mades me think to going swiming eep into game making , game scaming .... hey really at least .. give or made some content .... really even my other hated game
The Class Next Door
is 20times more acomplished than this polie of filthy junk , an there the developer at least give a before warning shoot, that was going to be a sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww painfull slow burning plot ... Here this game had potential , should have seem more of the daughter being on a-heago mode or something .. but ewwwwwwww . ... Gonna go to play Our Fate to heal my soul, thas a masterpiece
..maaaaaaaaaaaan

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi! Since the questions arrive daily, here a short summary of Dual Family. I did not come to F95 because of it, but it was one of the first games I visited. A game with really good potential, but with an self-censored developer and scammer. I find it completely unbelievable that this sinkhole until very recently had more patrons than "Pale Carnations", which IMHO is one of the Top 3 eroges on F95 and one you should try out. Now back to DF

DF X-mas Special: Released inbetween, but set at X-mas before the events in Dual Family. Nice to have, but it clearly shows one other thing. The father and the son should start Df not with zero relationship points with the others. The Special shows that the Father and Daughter already had a strong and loving bond and the son did not hate him as much, fo example.

(Legacy) Dual Family: The main game that is discussed. Great potential, but squandered away by a Dev overcome by greed.

DFX: That is either a test how far you can go in telling your fanbase "Fuck you all" without saying it explicitely or the end result of starting something when under the influence of a bad trip with LSD, Angel´s Dust or industrial Glue.

Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
i just downloaded it, and i would like to play with incest but i have no idea who supposed to be who, under those silhuettes. The first is the father, then a daughter, the green and Karen i have no idea (mother and her or the father's sister?), fifth is the son and then a cousin, or another daughter?
Pls help :)
The green near Karen is her mother and the sister of the MC's "mother-wife" (see last sentence) who stands near the son on the right. So the logical succession is from left to right: father, his-their daughter, his sister-in-law (mother's sister aka aunt for the "children"), her daughter (niece-cousin), mother, her-their son. I hope is understandable :)
It can be played from two points of wiew: father's or son's, both ways you need to name the characters separately.

Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
Somebody could help me to find the secret image in the part 4 for the son? The rest is done but I can't find this one.

Mezot

Jun 26, 2020
I can't believe this. I open "PANE" (This supposed Act II...) And the first thing I hear is the main theme of BG&E. Fucking moron with good taste, how you dare!

JakabP

Aug 26, 2017
The green near Karen is her mother and the sister of the MC's "mother-wife" (see last sentence) who stands near the son on the right. So the logical succession is from left to right: father, his-their daughter, his sister-in-law (mother's sister aka aunt for the "children"), her daughter (niece-cousin), mother, her-their son. I hope is understandable :)
It can be played from two points of wiew: father's or son's, both ways you need to name the characters separately.

Aug 13, 2020
Too bad this is only a "remake" of the same story. I was expecting to see some new content , story-wise and I liked the story and where it was going , but the developer didn't show signs of life for f***ing years ! ... I truly thought he was dead , and now he returns with a 'remake' of the same story ?? :mad: God that is enraging ! .. too bad, I was thinking about becoming a Patreon because I really liked the story and the renders and everything but the developer is a total disaster and I'm starting to believe the rumors that he just "milks' his patreons. .... So NO thanks, I'll pass.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Too bad this is only a "remake" of the same story. I was expecting to see some new content , story-wise and I liked the story and where it was going , but the developer didn't show signs of life for f***ing years ! ... I truly thought he was dead , and now he returns with a 'remake' of the same story ??
It's not a remake. A remake would involve some actual work. There's none of that "work" nonsense here.

He appears to have simply picked up where he left off and adding bare minimum content.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
What is up with limited save slots? In most adult VNs using Ren'Py engine, you could literally save every scene with options because of almost unlimited save pages. But in this case, you only have 16 save pages. That meant only 96 save slots...

Also, as a note, the colored save page buttons on left (blue) and right (yellow) appear to be designed for two different protagonists, blue for father and yellow for son, based on their color though you can actually save to all save pages for either protagonists.

Unfortunately, I had to overwrite saves once the empty save slots are exhausted, which is disappointing to say at least.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
What is up with limited save slots? In most adult VNs using Ren'Py engine, you could literally save every scene with options because of almost unlimited save pages. But in this case, you only have 16 save pages. That meant only 96 save slots...
Thou Shant Save On More Slots Than 96. So Rules Allmighty Scamdrop.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes