VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
From 7.5k to 6.5k is a good drop imo.:cool:
That drop is probably temporary. It's usual for the 1st of month, it has something to do with Patreon's charging.
Let me just remind you since his last month's fuck up his pledges increased by $1500.
It seems while a few of us older Patrons have dropped support, a lot more newbies are trapped in the spider's net.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So much hate. I can understand it if you are uppset when you pledge, but when you ain't.... Imho, his biggest mistake is to set any release dates what so ever. "It's done when its done", much better imho.

Reactions: Cirro84 and a1fox3

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
I had an 20$ pledge for 2 months, but i paused it for this month. I forgave him for the delay last month because it was the first month i pledge him. But now, I will wait here for the update. If this month he manages to release the next version in time, i will go back to pledge him.

IgisR

May 25, 2017
For me the most interesting thing in this game is the puzzles. Some of them are really tough. Waiting for the update to solve more of them. But to be honest i like the concept, but still there is a lot of similar games to his one.

Wolfe Tone

May 11, 2017
I mean I get you're just playing devil's advocate, but this dev has done literally nothing to warrant it. And the worst part is I am a fan of the renders, it just the dev seems to be completely over his head.
He needs third party help ASAP as its painfully clear he can't cope with his own game whether due to incompetence or laziness. Shambles.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
At the least it's just a delayed release, not a 'bye, and thanks for all the fish' post to announce termination. Been there, seen that. If the update is worth it peeps gonna get happy time, all forgiven. Until next release cycle's near the end. XD

I do give dev the benefit of doubt, also need to really start playtest the game ffs. No time. :( Thought I'd stall again for this update, to finally begin it. I can wait... * *
You know good and well though that "peace out thanks for the cash!" is exactly what this dev is going to do though if the pledges get low enough to make it not worthwhile for him to keep up the con, hardly the first, willl hardly be the last. The writing is all over the wall on this one how it is inevitably going to end up. (spoiler: with a bunch of angry patreons and him riding off laughing to the bank.)

Meanwhile before the hurricane poor flamecito was absolutely killing himself with all the work he was doing by himself putting out each update that was legitimately bigger than this guy's whole game, yet getting less than 300 dollars a month. No justice in the internet donation world it seems.

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
I mean I get you're just playing devil's advocate, ...
It's just that hope always dies last for me, or else I can't stand it myself sometimes. And having read the rants I know wew and others, also you, made good points...
I do hate to think of any different outcome, and to say communication *is not* dev's strength (it's not funny reading the posts anymore, just strange), as is being on schedule, having a plan to follow through for whatever it matters, is understatement of me. But it's not a me-too game like others, some more content seems urgently needed. Still it has something, an appealing quality, and a concept I just like.

I'll do my Samurai Jack now before I go all ninja, and won't try hit the thread before I didn't get a chance to playtest the newest version. Which should be out soon-ish, really, as we may know. (Sorry! XD)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

From 7.5k to 6.5k is a good drop imo.
And so it goes. Yep, dev might get punished for his delays already, too. I'll watch what happens after release... :/

... amount of content so far is so low, and then people wait forever only to get like "10min" of content. ...
Sweet. Come along with me, tell me stories as we sit and suffer together at Oni's place here. You don't know what pain feels like if you hadn't paid a visit to that shrine. Better be prepared. ;)

Edit:
You know good and well though that ... . Meanwhile before the hurricane poor flamecito ... No justice in the internet donation world it seems.
Your last paragraph cited what my first rant above / situations I mentioned was about. This Flamecito is one dev who really struggles atm, but IlD was not a game I had plenty of trust in. I saw the results.
I still hope for GD and patrons the pessimistic outcome you described won't happen, not at all (dev just riding off). This would likely be disastrous. :(

Last edited:

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
Sweet. Come along with me, tell me stories as we sit and suffer together at Oni's place here. You don't know what pain feels like if you hadn't paid a visit to that shrine. Better be prepared. ;)
I'm never prepared. Its more fun that way! :happyblush

Anyway i play both routes, so i get the "full content". But some people in here only play the Son route and that route is way shorter and all over the place. Compared to the Fathers route (its like you are drunk and you end up in random places cause you get KO'd). If you only play one route you get half the content, is that fair? well yes since the game is developed that way, what is not okay is the lack of the amount of the content and all the delays that always somehow comes up just before the end of the month.

I dont support this game. But i still feel bad for the people who do. The delays don't effect me one bit, since like i said before in this thread. My "delay" time is how long it takes for one of our heroes in here to share it with us.
And for that i'm grateful. The delays do grind my gears a bit though, cause it lacks professionalism.
But who am i to judge, i'm a pirate.:angel:

TastySnickers

Aug 14, 2017
So much hate. I can understand it if you are uppset when you pledge, but when you ain't.... Imho, his biggest mistake is to set any release dates what so ever. "It's done when its done", much better imho.
I think most of the people are not happy with him not because he delays things but because he actually gets 6 000 dollars for this kind of behavior(add also the fact that he quit his job promising to the donnor to make his game a full time self-employment job). I myself am not a patreon but I really can sympathise with the ones who are frustrated because of this.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
I'm just waiting for the damage control that's going to inevitably follow this release.

I have a feeling the son is getting shafted again in favor of pointless as fuck Cousin content. I have no idea why certain developers feel the need to shoehorn in more characters, it does nothing but bloat the game and take priority away from more popular characters. This game started off as Mother+Son and Father+Daughter. I understand the need to add the Aunt/Cousin but why do it now? Why do it before you have even a fucking makeout scene or anything even remotely lewd that isn't some pointless "peeping" scene or "dream sequence"?

I even see games I love falling victim to this. Dreams of Desire (a game I love) is forcing in that "love" interest with that tanning salon girl, she's generic, everything from her character to her bland model. It just takes away content that could instead be put to the Mother, Auntie or one of the Sisters. Same with Dating My Daughter, I find myself skipping every single scene that involves that boring as fuck Elena character.

Sometimes less is more and those other games might fall victim to it, but they only do once they have more than enough content to satisfy our needs. Dreams of Desire and Dating my Daughter for instance have plenty of content between the main characters.

This game on the other hand, has fucking nothing. Nothing but shitty dream scenes and a laughable remaster. It's so disappointing and shows zero direction as far as development is concerned. Just take the Mother+Son scene where it completely skips the "shopping" section. Now why the FUCK would the developer force in some pointless "lift up my cousins skirt" scene instead of having some lewd shopping scene with the Mother (i.e, the fucking focus of the Son route) where you maybe try to get her to put on some skimpy outfit or whatever? What was the purpose of that entire scene with your sister where she comes into your room at night to talk to you? Or the scene where you find your cousin drunk? Those scenes are fucking pointless.

It's a complete joke.

TL;DR - The developer has no direction, he's ridiculously incompetent and he doesn't know how to sort out his priorities.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Sometimes less is more and those other games might fall victim to it, but they only do once they have more than enough content to satisfy our needs. Dreams of Desire and Dating my Daughter for instance have plenty of content between the main characters.
I agree with this point the most (even though I disagree with you about Abigail, shes super hot IMO), games like Babysitter and this throws new characters in before the basic plotline is in motion. Worse than that they're doing that when the update is only five minutes long at the most. And you can see, especially with this game, they're just doing it to make it another month. The dev of Parental Love couldn't release a update this month, but guess what, he charges by update not a automatic monthly bill.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I think most of the people are not happy with him not because he delays things but because he actually gets 6 000 dollars for this kind of behavior(add also the fact that he quit his job promising to the donnor to make his game a full time self-employment job). I myself am not a patreon but I really can sympathise with the ones who are frustrated because of this.
Well, 6000 USD a month is a lot of money, but how long will it last? If you have a good job, walk away to pursue the uncertainity of Patreon, might not be that easy though. Also when working as self-employed you have to create your own framework and schedule to follow. It also makes it easier to get sidetracked and distracted, because after all you answer to yourself. Also, its not always you can just walk away from a rl job on the day, you might have responsibilities that keep you locked down for a duration before you can walk out. And last, even as self-employed you only work x amount of hours a day/week. Its not like he would go from his old job, to self-employed and then assume he work around the clock.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
He's way of development is pretty neat tho I would like for him to care about quality of both routes and his release schedule. It's obvious that there are those who like fast progression and those who like it more natural and slower. Looking at patreon you just can't make progression fast if you want to achieve anything as it will always become a pointless fuck-fest (especially in the incest genre). Building a story around fucking your family require patience to not look excessively grotesque and silly

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes