VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Wolfe Tone

May 11, 2017
This game is just getting disturbing. Everyone is suffering from mental health issues. Mind you, a girl jumps off a balcony back in the second update depending on your choices, so I suppose we were warned.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
Ok, so just finished it and yep, I called it.

1. More pointless peeping scenes
2. More boring/padded dialogue with no real purpose
3. That fucking cousin getting forced down our throats instead of the developer prioritising Mother/Daughter content

Complete joke yet again. This dude is just ridiculous. Not only does he miss deadlines but his updates are getting worse and worse each time. Even though he said he's qutting his job so he could "release more content at a faster rate". It's embarrassing really.

Another thing i'm noticing with this game is just the tone, it's just depressing, bland and boring. There's nothing really interesting to the narrative or plot. It's just one pointless dialogue section with no real reason for existing after another and everything is just so unappealing.

The Auntie looks annoying, the cousin IS annoying, the daughter is always upset and so is the Mother. They all just look and act like miserable cunts.

This game started off with huge potential and it has quickly became one of the weakest games on this site. Like, it's downright awful right now. Not even those renders can save it. There's no reason for this game to exist.

Want quality Mother+Son content? Go play Big Brother or Dreams of Desire. Want quality Sister content? Go play Big Brother or Dreams of Desire. Want quality Father Daughter content? Go play Dating My Daughter. Want 5~ minute updates with pointless padding, missed deadlines and the odd Kiss on the Cheek """""H-scene"""""" if you're lucky? Play this trash

manneychin

May 8, 2017
What did you understand to be the difference between CE (custom edition) & RE (regular edition)?

I searched the Patreon page => vague promises.
I searched this thread => nothing relevant.
I compared deliverables for CE vs RE for v0.61 (i.e. not the latest) and found just 16 extra tiny .png files where chars are presented on playing cards (is that in the game?). The only difference in .rpy is the introduction of a "mystery menu" with just a few lines of code behind (didn't bother diving into them). The most relevant thing I found is this image that contains lots of promises but nothing that would make me understand what CE actually contains:

So... what is the difference between CE and RE in v0.7?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So according to change log, it was what? 16 new scenes, although spread over 2 paths. There is games out there that get less content than that in a month. So is the disapointment mainly the lack of stuff to rubb your knobs too, or actual content added to the game as whole? And if 16 new scenes is not enough in a month, then what is enough? Just curious. (and no I haven't played the new update yet, so idk).

Last edited:

DonutMan

Dec 3, 2016
I have to agree with everyone else that this update was disappointing but not surprising considering the history of this game's development. Really the puzzles are the only thing I like anymore, kinda fun, and better pictures than the actual game.

The issue with the game is that there hasn't been any progression for the mother/daughter characters. Here we are in 0.7 and they don't do anything that would have been out of character for 0.1. The mother is sad and lonely, the daughter shy and naive; and yet the MC(s) are unable or unwilling to use this to their advantage. Personally I would like to see this game be more about corruption. Right now it seems a little too close to real life (bunch of thoughts but no actions). The Aunt and cousin, being crazy sluts bent on manipulating the MC(s), only seem to highlight the lack of development.

Wolfe Tone

May 11, 2017
So according to change log, it was what? 16 new scenes, although spread over 2 paths. There is games out there that get less content than that in a month. So is the disapointment mainly the lack of stuff to rubb your knobs too, or actual content added to the game as whole? And if 16 new scenes is not in a month, then what is enough? Just curious. (and no I haven't played the new update yet, so idk).
Aye. Build up is good but the new scenes are the same shite that's been put on display for the past 5 months.

johanes

May 14, 2017
ive always wanted to ask this for awhile now... so can u only go after the daughter if your the father and vise versa if ur the son?

Jul 5, 2017
I was not expecting much content when you see the records of the guy, again nothing to be surprised about.
The pace of the game is slow, sure, but it's at least decently written (especially when you look at the writing standards from most of the other games).

Plus I am not paying for the game, so it's quite pointless to complain.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
I was not expecting much content when you see the records of the guy, again nothing to be surprised about.
The pace of the game is slow, sure, but it's at least decently written (especially when you look at the writing standards from most of the other games).

Plus I am not paying for the game, so it's quite pointless to complain.
Posts like these are exactly why his quality has dropped off because no matter what shit he pulls, what deadline he misses, you can rest assured that there will be somebody trying to defend him.

His writing is weak in the sense that it had literally zero direction or purpose. So that excuse doesn't cut it.

Reactions: Arcane666

gramaton

May 16, 2017
That fucking cousin getting forced down our throats instead of the developer prioritising Mother/Daughter content
i just fkn hate her... oh, im so unhappy - let fuck! oh, i have issues let me fuck all ur family! i want to be loved - let suck some complete stranger balls!

hate this kind of chars, i want some intimacy with mom (sister, aunt or whatever) and some relation development but NO i suck u right away! i let u anal-fuck me in my second apperiance! fak this kind of chars in games that implies the development of likeble characters!

lolqwertqwergay

Jul 25, 2017
I find the son route boring because of its complete lack of content so I was happy that the dad was getting going but all we got no choice in the dad's stubbornness with the cousin and the aunt. Like, why did we go to the holiday if all that came out of it was blue balling as fuck. Tired of this guy, doubting I'll be back when he drops the new update in 2 years that introduces the great great second-inlaw-daughter character.

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
i just fkn hate her... oh, im so unhappy - let fuck! oh, i have issues let me fuck all ur family! i want to be loved - let suck some complete stranger balls!

hate this kind of chars, i want some intimacy with mom (sister, aunt or whatever) and some relation development but NO i suck u right away! i let u anal-fuck me in my second apperiance! fak this kind of chars in games that implies the development of likeble characters!
The best part is adding these characters way before anything happend with the family. There is hardly any content with them, only tons of boring monotone dialogues that go nowhere its just "there".
Adding alot of random characters right out the gate, when nothing has evolved with the main story characters is never a good move.

BobBobbinston

Mar 23, 2017
Game comes out - develop two (its in the fucking title) relationships with branching/intersecting character lines.

Mother - Son

Father - Daughter

Thats all I wanted. I wanted the premise, with those characters, to enjoy the unfolding of the relationships and narrative...I knew shit was going wrong when I played the son route a few updates ago, to basically teleport in time to and Aunts house and two new characters I didn't give a shit about.

Was this the result of polling? Lots of times when games go wrong its because developers make the mistake of asking what their patrons want and trying to deliver.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes