VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

TailsYcs

Jun 19, 2022
I find it incredible that after all these years, not only the creator of this disgrace, but everyone else who made several games, can't give the least we want, 5 years without seeing the mother fucking her son. My God these guys are cursed

hafasd

Jul 4, 2021
really liked the writing and how it tackled incest as a taboo, but damn. after all these years not a single sex scene with mom its comical

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
This thread continues to fascinate me. There's absolutely no reason this thread should continue to live, and yet it has a steady flow of posts. How and why new people continue to find this game, and continue to post in this thread without realizing that the game is effectively dead, is a mystery that deserves to be explored. That some people can't quit things, whether it's here or on Patreon, despite KNOWING that they'll never get a satisfying ending, makes me want to start a Patreon account again just for the science. :)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
This thread continues to fascinate me. There's absolutely no reason this thread should continue to live, and yet it has a steady flow of posts. How and why new people continue to find this game, and continue to post in this thread without realizing that the game is effectively dead, is a mystery that deserves to be explored. That some people can't quit things, whether it's here or on Patreon, despite KNOWING that they'll never get a satisfying ending, makes me want to start a Patreon account again just for the science. :)
that's million dollar (aka scamdrop's cayman bank account) question.

S4lty0n3

Apr 9, 2018
what fucking game? there is no game.
nofront but what is your mission mate?
you are more active on this thread than everyone else but at the same time you are the biggest hater :D
Just stop push it and let it be gone soon or let the people who like it, like it.... idc but you fck yourself honestly

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I'm still following this thread and I wonder. It's been a year and over 3500 posts in this thread since Gumdrop restarted work on his game. I recall he released the first update after the hiatus sometime in April and the first of the current series of updates started on 4th of July. I may be misremembering things, but I'm not going to go back to those posts to verify.

Since over a year passed, all his "generous" free subscription offers for paying patrons have by now expired (he handed out subscriptions ranging from one month to one year of free updates depending on how long somebody was his paying supporter, I think they started sometime between May and July).

Looking at , he lost a good number of paying patrons (though looking at the graph, there is a very slight sign of a rebound, so it's hard to tell whether this is his current die hard fanbase or if there will be an increase in the coming months), so it's a given that not much has changed over the last year and he's still scamming people.

What I'm actually interested in is how much progress did Gumdrop make over the last year? I didn't download any of them, and I'm definitely not about to compare them myself, but there must be somebody who did and could report. I don't mean the side shows, but the actual game

Just so nobody accuses me of being Gumdrop's shill: I'm not suggesting that his effort is worth the money spent on this train wreck. If he had earnestly restarted work on the game for his paying supporters, he would have completed Act I and started working on an actual Act II, and not ran the stupid side show "games". I'm simply interested in how much (or how little) was done in the last year.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm still following this thread and I wonder. It's been a year and over 3500 posts in this thread since Gumdrop restarted work on his game. I recall he released the first update after the hiatus sometime in April and the first of the current series of updates started on 4th of July. I may be misremembering things, but I'm not going to go back to those posts to verify.

Since over a year passed, all his "generous" free subscription offers for paying patrons have by now expired (he handed out subscriptions ranging from one month to one year of free updates depending on how long somebody was his paying supporter, I think they started sometime between May and July).

Looking at , he lost a good number of paying patrons (though looking at the graph, there is a very slight sign of a rebound, so it's hard to tell whether this is his current die hard fanbase or if there will be an increase in the coming months), so it's a given that not much has changed over the last year and he's still scamming people.

What I'm actually interested in is how much progress did Gumdrop make over the last year? I didn't download any of them, and I'm definitely not about to compare them myself, but there must be somebody who did and could report. I don't mean the side shows, but the actual game

Just so nobody accuses me of being Gumdrop's shill: I'm not suggesting that his effort is worth the money spent on this train wreck. If he had earnestly restarted work on the game for his paying supporters, he would have completed Act I and started working on an actual Act II, and not ran the stupid side show "games". I'm simply interested in how much (or how little) was done in the last year.
If you're following this thread you already know your answer.

The majority of people drawn to this title are because they want to see the mother or daughter characters in some sort of sexual experiences. After 5 years of minimal development - just enough to keep Patreon off the developer's back - there is nothing worth mentioning. If there was, the fanboys would be clamoring to fill this thread with "I told you so."

As for the people saying this "had potential" or "it showed promise" - they were all projecting their own hopes and dreams onto the effort. Just skimming over the first 6 months of the thread shows that from day one the developer never had an actual plan, never had a goal, never had a vision. The developer put out a piece of work that got far more attention than the developer ever thought it would, more than it should have, and had nothing to back it up. All that "potential" and "promise" flatlined by August 2017.

EDIT: The initial release was right at a time when there was very little competition when compared to today - at a time when many people first learned there was an adult gaming market out there (because of games such as Summertime Saga and others). Also, there is no "rebound".
1657176011296.png 1657176071688.png

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
nofront but what is your mission mate?
you are more active on this thread than everyone else but at the same time you are the biggest hater :D
Just stop push it and let it be gone soon or let the people who like it, like it.... idc but you fck yourself honestly
i should report you but instead i answer: main "game" doesn't have content to justify it to be called to game and dollhouses etc are just dev's lsd-trips.

i don't get how fresh f95 users find this thread.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
If you're following this thread you already know your answer.

The majority of people drawn to this title are because they want to see the mother or daughter characters in some sort of sexual experiences. After 5 years of minimal development - just enough to keep Patreon off the developer's back - there is nothing worth mentioning. If there was, the fanboys would be clamoring to fill this thread with "I told you so."
(emphasis mine)
This is a common misconception stemming from a complete misunderstanding of Patreon's ToS and hopeful naïvete.
Patreon doesn't care about developers creating anything. Unless there are concerns of law breaking or developer being dead, there is literally nothing that Patreon will ever do to creators who release nothing.

EDIT: The initial release was right at a time when there was very little competition when compared to today - at a time when many people first learned there was an adult gaming market out there (because of games such as Summertime Saga and others). Also, there is no "rebound".
View attachment 1912152 View attachment 1912167
There is a rebound. Graphtreon tracks daily stats and Patreon switched to cumulative counts in January 2021.
MonthFirst dayLast dayLoss from last day of previous monthGain since 1st day
March2263079781
April216288*9172
May21129277103
June2062758669
July203N/A72
*) On April 30th, patron count was 287 due to time zone differences.
He's actively gaining patrons throughout each month. These are people who manually confirmed they want to pay gumdrop for his content after dropping payment on the first. In May, he had more patrons by the end of the month than by the end of April.
If you look at the last 2 years, he's losing patrons at a much slower rate than before. He's probably hit his bottom numbers and will probably increase from now.

This is unfortunate, but I guess there's just nothing that will happen to get rid of gumdrop.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
(emphasis mine)
This is a common misconception stemming from a complete misunderstanding of Patreon's ToS and hopeful naïvete.
Patreon doesn't care about developers creating anything. Unless there are concerns of law breaking or developer being dead, there is literally nothing that Patreon will ever do to creators who release nothing.

There is a rebound. Graphtreon tracks daily stats and Patreon switched to cumulative counts in January 2021.
MonthFirst dayLast dayLoss from last day of previous monthGain since 1st day
March2263079781
April216288*9172
May21129277103
June2062758669
July203N/A72
*) On April 30th, patron count was 287 due to time zone differences.
He's actively gaining patrons throughout each month. These are people who manually confirmed they want to pay gumdrop for his content after dropping payment on the first. In May, he had more patrons by the end of the month than by the end of April.
If you look at the last 2 years, he's losing patrons at a much slower rate than before. He's probably hit his bottom numbers and will probably increase from now.

This is unfortunate, but I guess there's just nothing that will happen to get rid of gumdrop.
A) If Patreon receives enough complaints about a creator - they will make inquiries with the creator. That is what I was meaning - and there was a period where there appeared to be a concerted effort to report the developer to Patreon at the time you see the blank spots on Graphtreon reports. It was about 4 months after that empty space that the developer announced new content was coming soon. 5 months later (just before the big jump), the developer announced that everything they stated was coming was actually NOT coming because they lost heart in the whole thing and would be changing to the new style. The month after the big jump, in February 2021, started this whole postmodern 3 piece Part 2 stuff.

B) You said "rebound" and none of those numbers show a rebound outside of statistical noise. They, in fact, show a steady decline.

Yes, there are gullible people who sign up each month. Also, some subscribers' payments aren't properly processed at the first couple days of each month and Patreon doesn't count them as subscribers until the payment is successful. So, yes, there are still gullible subscribers. That why you want to follow the same day in each month to make comparisons. Which, as you can see by looking at the Last Day numbers you posted, have - for the most part - decreased.

So, no - the developer isn't rebounding. In fact, starting this new Part 2 has actually sped up the decline of total subscribers.
1.012 of old game is out page need updating
Speaking of gullible. Hey, I've got a bridge in New York for sale - I can let it go, CHEAP. Cents on the dollar for the price.

• Haha
Reactions: sob and cxx
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes