ugh223

Dec 24, 2021
Nice to see that we're finally getting an update, though I do wonder how long it'll take to get to the 1.0 release if this update took nearly 3 years

May 6, 2019
Nice to see that we're finally getting an update, though I do wonder how long it'll take to get to the 1.0 release if this update took nearly 3 years
To quote the dev back in the days on the discord, he said that this update would take a long time because it was a rework from the ground for the internal code and other shenanigans (i'm no dev so i'm not that sure about all that's impacted by that), but that it would set the ground for a more stable base, and that next updates would be way faster as it would just be implementing more content onto it, rather than rewritting it all :LOL:

Also for people that are downloading that 0.2 version, keep in mind it's a beta version of it and that it was meant for the discord server to get feedback and bug reports, so you're bound to find bugs and such, but the dev is at work on fixing it. Don't know if he will check bug reports here tho. (also yeah, it's 0.2, not 2.0 as the uploader wrote)

edit : that's also why the game is still labeled as "abandoned", but once the dev is done fixing the beta version, they'll upload it proper here and can get the status updated as well.

Med554!

Apr 7, 2023
congrats and thank you mister dev for actually pulling through on the next update. I was frankly doubting it would ever happen, but you're proving me wrong

Reactions: Leoboo and gymogle

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
he said that this update would take a long time because it was a rework from the ground for the internal code and other shenanigans (i'm no dev so i'm not that sure about all that's impacted by that)
I'm not THE dev, but I'm A dev, and I can confirm that changing certain parts of the code can 100% force a rewrite of the whole-ass game. Most professional devs get very skilled at getting that particular part right for that reason, and even then they prefer to reuse working code even if it restricts the game because it can be very very finicky and touchy and volatile.

A year is a bit long considering how much game was there in v0.1, yeah, but it doesn't surprise me that it took a long time in the general sense. Rewriting core code WILL introduce six ant nests of gamebreaking bugs and CTDs, most of which come with poor documentation and are mentioned exactly ONCE by some dude on StackOverflow who apparently fixed his problem but didn't bother to post the solution, and who died in 2021 to the 'Rona.

Professional devs, for this reason, are also skilled at conducting seances.

Dungeon Gaming

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2020
Version 0.2 has a lot of bugs and issues. We are working on ironing things out. I was planning on updating this thread with a more stable version here, but someone decided to update it with the buggy version :rolleyes: Please feel free to share your findings here or on the Discord, thanks!

Blue2272

Feb 24, 2019
Still using Twine, just becoming more familiar with it and what it can do. Biggest discovery for me was Widgets, which are basically functions in C++ or C#. So now I can code things once and call them as needed instead of having multiple instances of the same code. Other than that, just trying to consolidate my code and clean things up.
I'm personally happy your still working on the game at all I really miss all the old text based dungeon games

hanahsolo

Dec 21, 2018
Interesting, there was link to mod image packs earlier. Least (unless it was just my laptop) there isn't anymore error about game missing image packs (when they are in there already).

hanahsolo

Dec 21, 2018
Feeling that Patricia's spell is broken: Error: <<silently>>: error within contents (Error: macro <<ResourcefulSorcererTrigger>> does not exist)

Reactions: neyhy

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Game has futa but it isn't tagged.
one of the traps available turns raiders into futanari
and you can evolve your succubus minion into a futa

Last edited:

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
At the current stage of development, is it a better overall user experience to play this or the original Dungeon Lord?

Trapquest

Feb 26, 2018
At the current stage of development, is it a better overall user experience to play this or the original Dungeon Lord?
I'd argue no, but once it reaches the point of having a mid-game it will be. At present you only play up to having 3 rooms, but aside from that, there's more depth on the mechanics and more things to do in the game. There's a little bit of "Brothel King"/"Simbro3" going on in the background that interacts with the other mechanics of the game, which I personally like.

The question I think, is if the balance going into the late game will cement it as a great game or merely a good game by the time the developer gets to that point.

4.30 star(s) 18 Votes