Dungeon Gaming

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2020
maybe but on the other hand, it seems a bit odd that the game would be pulling all that information just to open the save menu. I get lag without any saves. Menus which don't even have anything going on like Town screen can take 3-5 seconds before allowing me to progress with any links. Some of the code might need to be used only when called for.
So right now the game is storing the previous 10 passages so you can go back if needed, which good thing because the game is a hot mess right now. I have a feeling this is the problem for most people and once there isn't a need to store any previous passages, I hope these issues will clear up. Otherwise I can look over my code to try to optimize it better.

Reactions: Wolfar

Nighplasmage

Dec 24, 2019
So what is the pregnancy content? I saw mention of ass impregnation by spider, is that all?
$anal_birth.includes($raiders[0].class)>>\
<<if $raiders[0].kinks.includes("Ass")>>\
<li>She gave birth through her anus, increasing her Lust by a lot because of her Ass Kink.
Can also verify birth events for Breasts(nipples) and Vagina, so pregnacy confirmed for raiders.

Reactions: Furmilk

BTX

Oct 7, 2017
I don't really see the connection beyond how the in-game things could look like cards, but that way would make Boss Monster basically a rip off of MTG or Yugi-Oh
But I've never played Boss Monster: The Dungeon Building Card Game, can you describe it?

Basically you are each a boss monster in your own dungeon who can build a trap or monster room each round which in turn attracts different heroes to your dungeon to hopefully die in so you can harvest their souls. Does not play at all like MTG or Yugioh. It's a "board" game but played with cards instead of a board. It's fun

Nighplasmage

Dec 24, 2019
I see a lot of duplicate code that could probably be tied to if statements. My initial reaction was do we really need a paragraph for each room, but your also storing layout data there.

As for pregnancy events, you could probably shorten those into checking which pregnancy, and introducing variables into the text string rather. not sure if that would result in any improvements though.

We have 3 pregnacy paragraphs per raider class? 24 identical paragraphs devoted to pregnacy birthing? Couldn't this be streamlined a bit by having 1 paragraph for birthing, detecting which type of birth inside the paragraph, and calling for it regardless of the raider class as needed? Or is there intent to customize a Knight's birth scene later as opposed to a thief's?

Some consolidations like this might help both game size and speed. On the one hand your coding is straightforward and direct. On the other it's a lot of extra code lines that could be streamlined. Probably some other optimizations you could do to reduce bulk. Maybe even preloader settings.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Dungeon Gaming

Nighplasmage

Dec 24, 2019
If you go ahead and push out the patch/fix for automatic ranking up at 200/200 reputation in your study to a button in your study, so we can still visit study and not rank up until we choose to (and leave that buttoned disabled/unlinked). Some of the code is already there as you have a message saying rank 2 is not ready yet pop up.

Fix that code break, and see if it helps any lag issues and variables turning into strings like gold variable becoming $pc_gold string play testers are experiencing. If not there might be a few coding errors hidden affecting other sections.

Dungeon Gaming

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2020
If you go ahead and push out the patch/fix for automatic ranking up at 200/200 reputation in your study to a button in your study, so we can still visit study and not rank up until we choose to (and leave that buttoned disabled/unlinked). Some of the code is already there as you have a message saying rank 2 is not ready yet pop up.

Fix that code break, and see if it helps any lag issues and variables turning into strings like gold variable becoming $pc_gold string play testers are experiencing. If not there might be a few coding errors hidden affecting other sections.
I've been trying to recreate the bug where the player's gold amount breaks but I have not been able to still. I'm hoping it's part of the rank up issue but if anyone has experienced it, any information about when it happened and what you did prior.

Otherwise I'll add a small patch for the rank up issue and other small stuff on Monday.

Nighplasmage

Dec 24, 2019

Produces 11 Errors and 16 possible errors/redundancies from examining the html.

half of these could probably be smoothed out or omited.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nighplasmage

Dec 24, 2019
Big slime upgrade resulted in a soft lock, no picture/text below to confirm. Still rank 1.

roughly night 6, mousing over hypersomia for tooltip reads $hypersomia.tooltip from toxic slime post combat on busty witch.
hovertip "$hypersomia.tooltip">>Hypersomia // Does not work
hovertip $gokkun.tooltip >>Gokkun //Does Work

Can sell girls over 10 times(indefinantly) in a row getting gold but keeping slave, atleast slaves from room 2, or bought from market, may require selling first slave.

Checking amorous for same flaw as hypersomia. Amorous worked
No longer Edging. tooltip reads as" [object object] "

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020
I'm really liking this game so far but i keep running into an issue with the money becoming PC_money instead of a real number. No matter how much i earn, lose, or make from selling things seems to fix it and the game treats it as if i have 0 money so i can't buy anything.

Nighplasmage

Dec 24, 2019
I'm really liking this game so far but i keep running into an issue with the money becoming PC_money instead of a real number. No matter how much i earn, lose, or make from selling things seems to fix it and the game treats it as if i have 0 money so i can't buy anything.
It's a know unknown bug. If you could figure out when it happens or which browser is doing it that might help. It hasn't happened to me over on fire fox.

grimbeer

Feb 12, 2021
I've been trying to recreate the bug where the player's gold amount breaks but I have not been able to still. I'm hoping it's part of the rank up issue but if anyone has experienced it, any information about when it happened and what you did prior.

Otherwise I'll add a small patch for the rank up issue and other small stuff on Monday.
It's one of those "why would the player do that" glitches.
(Step 1) Buy/enslave a slave. Build Slave Room Two. (Step 2) Buy/enslave a second slave. (Step 3) Go to sell slave page. (Step 4) Sell any slave. I do not leave the sell slave page. (Step 5 Infinite) Sell remaining slave. Money is given. Remaining slave does not leave inventory page.

Nighplasmage

Dec 24, 2019
I tried that, all it did for me was continuously rack up gold without breaking the variable. It's also happening pretty frequently we have 4 different reports or so, so far. Atleast in so far has having 2 slaves, in two rooms and selling one, and then trying to sell the other.

Nearly 60k lines of code. easily 50k even if you take out spaces. Trying to decode it into a reasonable format where " instead &qout is the normal. But decoder chokes when doing it in bulk. so going in 5k groups.

I can't find a single instance outside of the intial set gold to 1500 where $pc_gold is being used to set the value of something, always with addition or subtraction or Greater then or less then. Short of a loose > or < showing up somewhere I can't see why it would be being set.

I guess we could try defining PC_gold to be a integer only so it won't accept strings but thats less fixing the problem and more trying to bypass it.

Last edited:

grimbeer

Feb 12, 2021
The selling mechanic is directly tied to the $slave_room number, but there's nothing to move the slaves into a lower $slave_room number, but it's coded like it does.
So when:
REMOVE SLAVE
<<switch _i>>
<<case 0>>
<<set $pc_bedroom.type to "Empty">>
<<case 1>>
<<set $slave_room_1 to $empty_cell>>
<<case 2>>
<<set $slave_room_2 to $empty_cell>>
(etc)
triggers:
"set $slave_room_1 to $empty_cell" removes the contents of $slave_room_1.
"set $slave_room_2 to $empty_cell" is empty, end <<switch _i>>
BUT THEN:
triggers:
"set $slave_room_1 to $empty_cell" is empty, end <<switch _i>>
Does not trigger at all:
"set $slave_room_2 to $empty_cell" removes the contents of $slave_room_2.
It also doesn't matter who you sell, it always triggers <<set $slave_room_1 to $empty_cell>> first, so $slave_room_1 is who always gets removed.
So if you buy a Worthless Bum ($slave_room_1)
and then buy a Mythic Princess ($slave_room_2)
then realize you really needed that money, and
try to sell Mythic Princess ($slave_room_2)
You get Mythic Princess' sell value, and Worthless Bum ($slave_room_1) gets emptied.
Mythic Princess ($slave_room_2) remains unmoved...
You get Mythic Princess' sell value, and empty ($slave_room_1) gets emptied.

Reactions: Nighplasmage

Dungeon Gaming

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2020
Big slime upgrade resulted in a soft lock, no picture/text below to confirm. Still rank 1.

roughly night 6, mousing over hypersomia for tooltip reads $hypersomia.tooltip from toxic slime post combat on busty witch.
hovertip &quot;$hypersomia.tooltip&quot;&gt;&gt;Hypersomia // Does not work
hovertip $gokkun.tooltip &gt;&gt;Gokkun //Does Work

Can sell girls over 10 times(indefinantly) in a row getting gold but keeping slave, atleast slaves from room 2, or bought from market, may require selling first slave.

Checking amorous for same flaw as hypersomia. Amorous worked
No longer Edging. tooltip reads as" [object object] "
Good shit!

Dungeon Gaming

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2020
The selling mechanic is directly tied to the $slave_room number, but there's nothing to move the slaves into a lower $slave_room number, but it's coded like it does.
So when:
REMOVE SLAVE
<<switch _i>>
<<case 0>>
<<set $pc_bedroom.type to "Empty">>
<<case 1>>
<<set $slave_room_1 to $empty_cell>>
<<case 2>>
<<set $slave_room_2 to $empty_cell>>
(etc)
triggers:
"set $slave_room_1 to $empty_cell" removes the contents of $slave_room_1.
"set $slave_room_2 to $empty_cell" is empty, end <<switch _i>>
BUT THEN:
triggers:
"set $slave_room_1 to $empty_cell" is empty, end <<switch _i>>
Does not trigger at all:
"set $slave_room_2 to $empty_cell" removes the contents of $slave_room_2.
It also doesn't matter who you sell, it always triggers <<set $slave_room_1 to $empty_cell>> first, so $slave_room_1 is who always gets removed.
So if you buy a Worthless Bum ($slave_room_1)
and then buy a Mythic Princess ($slave_room_2)
then realize you really needed that money, and
You get Mythic Princess' sell value, and Worthless Bum ($slave_room_1) gets emptied.
Mythic Princess ($slave_room_2) remains unmoved...
You get Mythic Princess' sell value, and empty ($slave_room_1) gets emptied.
Nice! I had another room called the bedroom where you could assign one of your slaves to but scrapped the idea but forgot to adjust this after removing it. I'm also adding a confirmation when selling a slave.

Nighplasmage

Dec 24, 2019
The Whole slave room thing should probably be converted into a Array, with variables assigned to to it. More flexible and less backtracking. Selling a slave would be as simple as getting the $value, adding to your gold, and then removing a slave from that specific room with no need for fancy moving to keep all the slaves at the front. Can switch slave rooms whenever manually. More natural then Vending machine logic.

Then again i don't know Javascript.

grimbeer

Feb 12, 2021
Yeah, noticed that. It was ignoring Case 0, so I did too. Some functions have a default requirement to trigger and continue at least once, so I tested until I got an answer to the problem.

Dungeon Gaming

Game Developer
Feb 22, 2020
The Whole slave room thing should probably be converted into a Array, with variables assigned to to it. More flexible and less backtracking. Selling a slave would be as simple as getting the $value, adding to your gold, and then removing a slave from that specific room with no need for fancy moving to keep all the slaves at the front. Can switch slave rooms whenever manually. More natural then Vending machine logic.

Then again i don't know Javascript.
That could work, just have to make sure the logic works when you add a slave too.
Is this game going to get a discord?

The thought crossed my mind but I wasn't sure how many people who be interested in having a discord server for this game.

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
I keep getting a money glitch, where it says something like $player_gold or something instead of my actual gold. I think the cause might be too many raids in one night, not sure. Anyone know how to prevent this (aside from preventing more raids somehow)?

Reactions: vaaf
4.30 star(s) 18 Votes