Ren'Py Earth's Last Guardian [v0.1.3e] [EcchiYoYo Productions]

2.20 star(s) 6 Votes

Which characters scenes should I work on for 0.2.1

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
Monthly progress update:

I will start by saying, it is highly unlikely that the next update will be finished this year. I am sorry I did try to get as much done as possible in an effort to have a Christmas(ish) release but looking at the current state of the update this is not going to happen. As with my previous updates things seem to start small but then end with almost every intended feature requiring other background work, these new added background things require more of there own background work and things spiral horribly.

I have completely restructured the file structure, any file that was more than 1000 lines or so long has been broken down into smaller files, some of this was done last month, this has continued into this month’s work.

The sisters renders for her new location dependant intimacy scenes are all done, I have tested these images and all are implemented and working correctly. These scenes do still need to be re-written with slight variations to make each seem unique.

Chloes vaginal scenes are done, renders and text are implemented, like the sisters re-worked scenes Chloe’s vaginal scenes are location dependant, with slight variations in text and image composition depending on where she is.

There has also been some work on the story for Chloe, Zlata and the MCs sister, the first of Chloes story events is in the game already with 4 more story related scenes still to be added. The first 5 story events for each of these characters has a rough draft and needs to be finalised and added to the game.

As with all my updates I don’t want to give a definitive release date, mostly because life happens, this is especially true at this time of year. I will continue to work on the game and get this update out as soon as I can, again sorry for the delay.
Has anything been done or being done on the saves so don't have to cheat / restart yet or is it planned

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Has anything been done or being done on the saves so don't have to cheat / restart yet or is it planned
The problem with this is, as soon as another variable is added to an object, with the way ren'py works it requires a restart. I am trying to limit how often I add variables but with the game in active development this is quite difficult. This is the primary reason the cheat module was made as I know it can be quite tedious having to get back to where you were just to see the new content.

For example for the update I am currently working on, story events for Chloe, Zlata and the MCs sister will be required to progress past certain breakpoints in their intimacy events, this needed a variable to track whether or not these events had been triggered. The variables have been in the game since the first version. So I have tried to prevent needing restarts every update, and with a straight VN that would be easy, with a game as complex as this is becoming on the back-end it is proving difficult.
Another set of variables that will need to be tracked are related to the rescued girls getting jobs and working for the MC, these were not previously in the game but are being added by this update even though that content will not.

In short I am trying to get to a point where restarts are not required, but it may take time. I know this is probably not the answer you wanted, I guess that's what comes from this being my first project, along with me only having very limited coding experience.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
EcchiYoYo

For great games like this I always start from the start and work my way through the updates.
I also wait for 3-4 updates between playthrough because of my short term memory problem allowing me to not remember what I did before.
I keeps notes on games I like and the date of the last update I played and still have 2 more to go before trying this one again.

Reactions: EcchiYoYo

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
The problem with this is, as soon as another variable is added to an object, with the way ren'py works it requires a restart. I am trying to limit how often I add variables but with the game in active development this is quite difficult. This is the primary reason the cheat module was made as I know it can be quite tedious having to get back to where you were just to see the new content.

For example for the update I am currently working on, story events for Chloe, Zlata and the MCs sister will be required to progress past certain breakpoints in their intimacy events, this needed a variable to track whether or not these events had been triggered. The variables have been in the game since the first version. So I have tried to prevent needing restarts every update, and with a straight VN that would be easy, with a game as complex as this is becoming on the back-end it is proving difficult.
Another set of variables that will need to be tracked are related to the rescued girls getting jobs and working for the MC, these were not previously in the game but are being added by this update even though that content will not.

In short I am trying to get to a point where restarts are not required, but it may take time. I know this is probably not the answer you wanted, I guess that's what comes from this being my first project, along with me only having very limited coding experience.
Thanks for response and answering question. I still like the game and all the work you are putting into it very much appreciated (y):)

Reactions: EcchiYoYo

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
found a bug
when clicking on Tempest icon in girl stats

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/dungeon plaza.rpy", line 27, in script
menu:
Exception: Open text tag at end of string '{color=#aa78abTempest is fully uncloked\n(For now).'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/questdata/scenes/Dungeon/dungeon plaza.rpy", line 27, in script
menu:
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\ast.py", line 1903, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\exports.py", line 1010, in menu
rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\exports.py", line 1250, in display_menu
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\display\core.py", line 3804, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\display\screen.py", line 456, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\display\core.py", line 572, in visit_all
for d in self.visit():
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\text\text.py", line 1825, in visit
self.update()
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\text\text.py", line 1802, in update
tokens = self.tokenize(text)
File "D:\Ddrive\games\dadgames\EarthsLastGuardian\renpy\text\text.py", line 2270, in tokenize
tokens.extend(textsupport.tokenize(i))
File "textsupport.pyx", line 154, in renpy.text.textsupport.tokenize
Exception: Open text tag at end of string '{color=#aa78abTempest is fully uncloked\n(For now).'.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.1.22070801
Earth's Last Guardian 0.1.3
Wed Dec 20 11:52:00 2023
```

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Also, is there anything to be found extra after level 100, or when is the next boss?
Currently there are no further bosses after the Demon boss, however the entire combat portion of the game is not complete the current enemy spawning system needs to be re-done along with the way combat flows. This is planned for a future release and there will be one additional boss which will be the games final boss. Once this boss is implemented as it intended, killing it will then unlock the infinitely scaling portion of the dungeon.

Reactions: battali0n

Noxstella

Sep 10, 2023
anyone else getting an error when trying to use the cheat function? like it can't find the resources even though it was placed in the game file

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
EarthsLastGuardian-0.1.3e
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Well, don't know about anyone else but I'm liking this. When can we anticipate the next installment?
I don't like to set hard deadlines for updates, partly because this is a hobby project I am doing in my spare time, but mostly because this is my first major project, and my updates tend to spiral and be much larger than first anticipated. Half of the planned content is done for the next update, but a lot more work needs to be done to finish off unplanned content added in this update.

I may push back some of the planned content and release a partial update in the next 3-4 weeks, but this all depends on how much I can get done over the remainder of the holiday period.

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
is it possible to do a patreon? as i already have a patreon account, and i do not have any of the others

EcchiYoYo

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2022
Monthly progress update (20-01-2024)

To start, it’s not good news.

After spending time with family over Christmas and new year, and then being ill for three weeks (still not fully over it), progress has been very slow. With this in mind I have split the panned update 0.2.0 into two parts.

Part 1 (0.1.4): This will include the vaginal and anal scenes for Chloe (these are done), it will also include the first portions of story for Chloe, Nicole (MCs sister) and, Zlata these story scenes will unlock progress through their intimacy events. As previously mentioned, the rough draft for these story events is done, so I just need to finalise them and add images.

It also includes a reworking of the sister’s events, showing location specific image sets for her intimacy events, only a few of these events have variation in the text for now, but over time the scenes will be re-written.

This portion of the update will also include some QoL stuff, including hover over text for the spell book and light and dark shops, along with a handful of bug fixes and other minor updates.

The main area left to complete for this are the story events.

Part 2 (0.2.0): This update will include the remaining intimacy events for Eilana along with the update to the intimacy system to use screens much like the quests screens.

It will also include the introduction to the rescued girls, which has again been pushed back. This area will include the ability to interact with the girls that have been rescued along with a new system that will help the girls feel like they are contributing and not just relying on the charity of others.

It will likely also include some minor QoL stuff and bug fixes.

I am sorry this update is delayed again but life happens, it’s why I don’t give fixed dates for updates.

LogicalChaos91

Aug 29, 2023
Sorry you feel that way, that is however what the cheat module is for. To skip the grind for those who dislike it or for those that just wish to see the new content.
Is the cheat module a separate thing I need to download? If so, can I have a link, and if not, what do I need to do to access it?

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
Is the cheat module a separate thing I need to download? If so, can I have a link, and if not, what do I need to do to access it?
Yes it's separate this is link you can also find it on 1st page left side under cheats

2.20 star(s) 6 Votes