Oct 8, 2018
Poor Tomoe just want some love
Thats just what she gets for being a demi Kuudere. Screw her for making me think she hated me at first.
If you could materialize any of that fine fap material stashed away in Ecchi Sensei into the real world which would go for?
Obviously I'd go Fuyu but Sloth-chan takes second place, followed by Kaede.
Kaede has it way worse than Tomoe if you ask me

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
On one hand, I'm glad BC is taking the time now to improve various things but on the other I really would rather have the 4 (?) days of content at this point. The minor end user improvements probably won't be worth it considering the 4 months of delay.

Obviously I'll play the remaster/overhaul but I (more importantly others who pledge) can't imagine waiting again if this becomes a regular thing for every game week completed.

Reactions: botc76

「HOLLOW」

Dec 15, 2017
On one hand, I'm glad BC is taking the time now to improve various things but on the other I really would rather have the 4 (?) days of content at this point. The minor end user improvements probably won't be worth it considering the 4 months of delay.

Obviously I'll play the remaster/overhaul but I (more importantly others who pledge) can't imagine waiting again if this becomes a regular thing for every game week completed.
To be honest this update was clearly necessary, I remember following closely release of day 7 and it was a mess. Even after two weeks of postponing and multiple patch fixes it is still the most bugged day of all. Of course it won't be worth the wait, but hopefully next update (days 8-9) will be filled with content so that we forget about any delays.

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
To be honest this update was clearly necessary, I remember following closely release of day 7 and it was a mess. Even after two weeks of postponing and multiple patch fixes it is still the most bugged day of all. Of course it won't be worth the wait, but hopefully next update (days 8-9) will be filled with content so that we forget about any delays.
I'm glad for the clean-up part, even though I personally didn't run into many bugs. My issue (and what made this super long according to BC) is the translator whatever stuff they tried to do.

But yeah hopefully this makes things quicker and day 8+ is great.

「HOLLOW」

Dec 15, 2017
Personaly i would do this for each week up to 4 Weeks and merge them into a Month1 -> Month 2 -> and so on release, at the end even a Year 1 maybe.
Yeah, I agree that should probably be the way moving forward.

All of this would cause pretty harsh delays, but in the end it will pay off i think. Especially if BlueCat decides to go beyond one year tho. But that's far ahead in the future.
To be honest, when I first heard about Blue cat remaking week 1, I thought he would do something like:
1. Remaking days 1-2
2. Releasing days 8-9
3. Remaking days 3-4
4. Releasing days 10-11 and so on.

That way we would have new content along with updating older days. Maybe, we will something like this when it's time to pack first 4 weeks into month 1. But, as you said, that's far ahead in the future.

BlueCat_Ecchi Sensei

Ecchi Sensei
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Yeah, I agree that should probably be the way moving forward.

To be honest, when I first heard about Blue cat remaking week 1, I thought he would do something like:
1. Remaking days 1-2
2. Releasing days 8-9
3. Remaking days 3-4
4. Releasing days 10-11 and so on.

That way we would have new content along with updating older days. Maybe, we will something like this when it's time to pack first 4 weeks into month 1. But, as you said, that's far ahead in the future.
GFX:
5-10 images in 1 hour
10 hours 50-100 images
Working 10-15 hours each day:

10 days 500 - 1500 images - Average = 1000 images
20 days 1000 - 3000 images - Average = 1500 images

Last Releases average image amount: 1600 images

Scripting and Dialogues:

100 lines / hour
1000 lines / 10 hours
10000 lines / 100 hours

Working 12-16 hours each day:
5-7 Days (in best case)

Last Releases average amount of lines: 8900

20 Days GFX + 6 (average) days scripting = 26 Days
+ 2 Days playtesting + 1 Day photoshop + an half day music + an half day for for building the release, uploading, writing patreon post, and publish it everywhere = 30 Days

I have no free days. I have no time to work on other things while working on the next release.
So no, there is no chance to release new updates and work on the merge.

But for all who believe the next merge (which will NOT be Week 2) also takes months. The answer is no.
We added tons of new features and started from the scratch with the first 3 ingame days.

Day 1-7 is fine after week 1 merge and there is no need to spent weeks to edit things. We surely change something. Typos, better design of the code, small improvements for no lag, etc.

But the next big merge (Which will be "Month 1" will definitely not take longer than an ordinary update.)

And for all those who still believe Ecchi Sensei is a 50+ year project.
No it isn't. The game speeds up.

The game will become the biggest Visual Novel ever. That's true. But I already calculated when Ecchi Sensei is over, and I already calculated when Ecchi Sensei 2 starts, and I already calculated when Ecchi Sensei 2 ends.

If we go for an hattrick and create Ecchi Sensei 3, depends how much fun I still have, and how many people like the game.
I like the job, but it is very stressful. I easily endure it for the next 2-3 years, and if someone takes the GFX part, I would endure it for 20+ years because writing is my passion (not in english of course).

So yeah, Ecchi Sensei is my baby, and I'd like to see how it grows and gets bigger.
That means lots of effort, no reallife and hopefully many positive feedbacks in the future. Because all the hater shit I read on various platforms would depress me a little if I would care ^^

So long,
Blue

P.S.
Check out the FFA Patreon Weekly Status reports.

Fenix34

Jun 16, 2017
GFX:
5-10 images in 1 hour
10 hours 50-100 images
Working 10-15 hours each day:

10 days 500 - 1500 images - Average = 1000 images
20 days 1000 - 3000 images - Average = 1500 images

Last Releases average image amount: 1600 images

Scripting and Dialogues:

100 lines / hour
1000 lines / 10 hours
10000 lines / 100 hours

Working 12-16 hours each day:
5-7 Days (in best case)

Last Releases average amount of lines: 8900

20 Days GFX + 6 (average) days scripting = 26 Days
+ 2 Days playtesting + 1 Day photoshop + an half day music + an half day for for building the release, uploading, writing patreon post, and publish it everywhere = 30 Days

I have no free days. I have no time to work on other things while working on the next release.
So no, there is no chance to release new updates and work on the merge.

But for all who believe the next merge (which will NOT be Week 2) also takes months. The answer is no.
We added tons of new features and started from the scratch with the first 3 ingame days.

Day 1-7 is fine after week 1 merge and there is no need to spent weeks to edit things. We surely change something. Typos, better design of the code, small improvements for no lag, etc.

But the next big merge (Which will be "Month 1" will definitely not take longer than an ordinary update.)

And for all those who still believe Ecchi Sensei is a 50+ year project.
No it isn't. The game speeds up.

The game will become the biggest Visual Novel ever. That's true. But I already calculated when Ecchi Sensei is over, and I already calculated when Ecchi Sensei 2 starts, and I already calculated when Ecchi Sensei 2 ends.

If we go for an hattrick and create Ecchi Sensei 3, depends how much fun I still have, and how many people like the game.
I like the job, but it is very stressful. I easily endure it for the next 2-3 years, and if someone takes the GFX part, I would endure it for 20+ years because writing is my passion (not in english of course).

So yeah, Ecchi Sensei is my baby, and I'd like to see how it grows and gets bigger.
That means lots of effort, no reallife and hopefully many positive feedbacks in the future. Because all the hater shit I read on various platforms would depress me a little if I would care ^^

So long,
Blue

P.S.
youre game rocks and is always one of the ones that excites me most when im looking in latest updates tab. Your post really puts into perspective just how much time and effort it takes to create. It takes 5 seconds for someone to say something negative, dont let any negativeity stop you from enjoying the fruit of all your hard work. :D

「HOLLOW」

Dec 15, 2017
So long,
Blue

P.S.
Glad to hear about your goal making ES as grand as you describe and I hope you will achieve it. Don't know any other platforms and that hater stuff you mentioned about, but you should keep your head high and don't let it get to you, cheers.

I just caught myself on a thought that you remind me of Mashima Hiro. Just as you, he produced more content + bonus chapters for the same amount of time as his fellow authors. AFAIR he only had one big delay during his time working on FT. Hopefully, your delay was week 1 release.

Oh and I don't think it was mentioned in status reports, what's gonna happen with specials, are you planning to include them in week 1?

Grebbesh

Dec 5, 2018
The artwork in chapter 1 is... pretty rough. Does it get better with later chapters? And I read something about the game being remade. If the current art isn't really to my liking, is it better to wait a while? Thanks in advance!

Ichigo Kurosaki Shiba

Mar 17, 2019
Yeah in the Day 1-2 in a little rought but in the later chapters quality is improving quite significantly and when update 1 will be ready there most likely it will be even better!!!:coffee:

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes