Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
Sorry for asking but is the flashback at the end of day 5 is the only pastime we got in game? Cause i really want to know more about his past
no, there will be more past event, and there is a past time in one of the special too..

spacebuns

Aug 7, 2017
Where exactly do I need to save in day 2 for it to be compatible with chapter 2? I can't seem to figure it out.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Where exactly do I need to save in day 2 for it to be compatible with chapter 2? I can't seem to figure it out.
Right after your last choice in the game.
Make the choice then save on the very next screen.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
"I don't really care why" -> "I am not entitled". I mean the fact you made a post at all (Even two in quick succession as I see) a part of you is still somewhat angry if you wrote something like that. While you do say a couple of lines of "I understand" and "He has been relatively fast" (Why not just say "he has been fast"? Why say "relatively"?) the dissatisfaction and entitlement shines through.
"Despite the fact that you've put forth a completely reasonable lament that the game is taking so long and you've taken care to say that you're not angry or feeling entitled about that fact, I'm just going to ignore all that and assume that you're feeling angry and entitled."

Thank you for your service to F95 :ROFLMAO:

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
"Despite the fact that you've put forth a completely reasonable lament that the game is taking so long and you've taken care to say that you're not angry or feeling entitled about that fact, I'm just going to ignore all that and assume that you're feeling angry and entitled."

Thank you for your service to F95 :ROFLMAO:
What I saw wasn't a "Reasonable lament" . What he said didn't make sense to me - "I am not entitled" while also saying "You should create more content for me to play, otherwise it doesn't feel right", while also downplaying the speed and quality we received from the dev.

A "reasonable lament" wouldn't have criticized the devs direction and talked about how he doesn't care why the update is slow, and that also indicated that the dev should make more content for him (Because that's what he meant by "waiting for months for nothing but a merged version feels just weird compared with the speed we got new content before.". He got pampered with the previous speed, now that Bluecat is fixing stuff for the long haul, he says "it doesn't feel right" and "I don't care why".)

Reactions: GbolnHunter

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
I don't get it at all ... BlueCat is working on D8&9 while finishing Week 1.
That's a lot of effort he's putting in right now. He's almost working round-the-clock, just to make sure everything is alright and there's no major delay for D8&9 release.
Plus the improvements they are implementing will be awesome. Just take a look at the previews.

Honestly i would be rly happy when Week 1 launches in time, but i would not be angry at all if they need some more time to finish it. In the end it's all for good.
People take things for granted all the time.. blue is doing his best and he gave way more content than all other few months 5 min update game

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
What I saw wasn't a "Reasonable lament" . What he said didn't make sense to me - "I am not entitled" while also saying "You should create more content for me to play, otherwise it doesn't feel right", while also downplaying the speed and quality we received from the dev.

A "reasonable lament" wouldn't have criticized the devs direction and talked about how he doesn't care why the update is slow, and that also indicated that the dev should make more content for him (Because that's what he meant by "waiting for months for nothing but a merged version feels just weird compared with the speed we got new content before.". He got pampered with the previous speed, now that Bluecat is fixing stuff for the long haul, he says "it doesn't feel right" and "I don't care why".)
I did a quick search of the thread of all the statements in quotes that you attributed to botc76 and it turns out the only post containing those quotes was yours. Now, I'm just a meat popsicle so I'm a little slow... but I suspect it wasn't him who said those things. It was you.

And with all due respect to your personal definition of "reasonable lament," I used the word "lament" and not "criticism" for a reason. While I'm sure BlueCat appreciates your full-throated defense of him from botc76's blistering attack, I'm also sure that he's smart enough to discern actual attacks from the innocent kvetching of a fan who, like all of us, is dying to get some Day 8 in his life after months in the Ecchi Desert.

Towik

Nov 20, 2018
Dv stop wasting time on replying to them. They most likely go through life shitting on everyone and everything, most likely they will never try to understand other people troubles, hopes, worries. In short people that think everything is done without any tears or blood poured into the work should just be ignored. Seriously for fuck sake, I'm so close to be classified as a Sociopath and I see and understand more than those that you have replied to over the last few days.

Of course I'm dying to see what happens next to but bitching about how much i want to see what happens to Kaede, Nanami and so on ain't gonna help anyone and won't help me in any way at all. If a person cannot even go and read the weekly reports, than yeah... not gonna waste time on such a person. I have not visited Patreon since i dropped out of it and will not check it. since Patreon can go and fuck themselves with their (...) anyway I'm gonna go and patiently await more content :)

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Geez, some people are so infatuated with devs, they automatically go to full defence mode and make a total fool out of themselves over it.

I don't know what's so difficult to understand about my position.
Specific reasons WHY the merger takes so long aren't interesting for me. I DON'T CARE what exactly is taking so long.
I've made it clear that I'm sure there are valid reasons for the delay, but that it still sucks, especially compared with how fast NEW content arrived before.
Not suck as in, "fuck the dev! He's a fraud!" No, suck as in, it sucks that a game I enjoy takes so long to update.

Do I really, really need to know every little detail as to WHY it takes so long, even when I fully understand that there must be a valid reason for the long time it takes? Do I have to be happy about it, or can I still be bummed, even though I accept there are reasons? Do I need to waste god knows how long reading reports, just to learn what I already believe, that there are reasons for the long time it takes?

You "fan-atics" can try to find fault with me as much as you want, but what does it really gain you to act like attack drones against someone who didn't say one negative word about Blue Cat and didn't blame him for anything?
Am I not allowed to say that I don't like to wait so long for new content to a game I enjoy?
Is that reason enough to be treated like someone who came into this thread attacking left and right and hurling insults against the dev?
You all are just presuming way too much into my post, trying to find double-meaning or claiming there are contradictions.
I can understand that there are valid reasons and still don't care for what exactly they are and I can believe a dev works hard and still be bummed that it's taking so long.
That's not being entitled, that's being a fan wishing for new stuff to play.
You trying to tell me you all wouldn't want a new day to play-through yesterday, if possible?
Stop being hyper-defensive brats about this.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
You remind me of all those fanboys defending EA or Activision and whatnot, except that I didn't even attack the dev, you just interpret my post like that and start crying wolf.

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
I did a quick search of the thread of all the statements in quotes that you attributed to botc76 and it turns out the only post containing those quotes was yours. Now, I'm just a meat popsicle so I'm a little slow... but I suspect it wasn't him who said those things. It was you.

And with all due respect to your personal definition of "reasonable lament," I used the word "lament" and not "criticism" for a reason. While I'm sure BlueCat appreciates your full-throated defense of him from botc76's blistering attack, I'm also sure that he's smart enough to discern actual attacks from the innocent kvetching of a fan who, like all of us, is dying to get some Day 8 in his life after months in the Ecchi Desert.
I don't care if Bluecat cares, no need for you to point it out. Simply felt like calling out BS when I saw it.
"but I suspect it wasn't him who said those things." -The only(!) "quote" which wasn't said by him was "You should create more content for me to play, otherwise it doesn't feel right" which was literally me breaking down his message to the essence to what he said as an example.The moment people say "I'm not entitled, BUT" or anything akin to that, it is them simply them not being honest about their own entitlements. If someone was simply depressed and sad about the update not being new content, that's fine. If someone was complaining and criticizing the dev, that's fine, but you don't get to say that "I am not entitled" while also saying "Sorry, but I don't really care why".

Anyway It's pointless for you to defend him any further. Waste of time for me go in any further either, as I've already made my point, take it or leave it. I don't like people saying "I'm not entitled" while also saying that they don't care about what the dev is working on, just so he would get some new content. It bothered me, I made a post. My post bothered you, you said what you wanted ("The only post containing those quotes was yours"- You indicated that all of my quotes were made up, they weren't if you read up on this same page, you'd see the person's 2 posts which he made. Feel free to cross reference the quotes & text and really see if they were "Made up".)

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
I find a fairly common reality of people who rate games, completely subjectively with either 5-stars, or 1(2)-stars based entirely on some arbitrary factor that does or does not appeal to them. This is very disturbing to me. It is true, I like certain things more than other things, but I try to only highly rate games I feel have put forth any exemplary level of effort to create quality, extraneous of my preference for the specific aspects of the game.
I was reading a recent review of 2-stars, that by his own admission did not even read most of the story - it is a VN, so if you do not want to read, what is the point? If you want pictures, you can google "nudes". I wish people would be a bit more mature when rating content, as one awful rating can drop a game a full page down (as happened in this case).
If someone finds objective flaws in game-construction, or does not personally care for the content, a 4-star, or even 3-star may be reasonable. However, dropping a "hammer" on a game because it had too many words for one's short attention span, is really petulant behavior in my humble opinion. Especially given how many vastly inferior efforts exist on this site that maintain a 4 or 5-star rating. Everyone has the right to try 20% of a game, and decide they do not like it. That does not mean that they have any basis to then rate said game, based on their overtly limited perspective (especially if they state that they did not even read most of the 20% they did see). That is simply unacceptable, in my opinion. I have seen people rate so many games where they obviously spent as much time degrading the game as they did actually playing it.
Moderators spend a lot of time here, making sure no one is "mean" to anyone - but personally I wish they would spend time making sure that people do not drastically alter a game's attention by either giving totally unjustified 5-star, or 1-star ratings, just so they can forward a rather obvious agenda. Everyone here is (supposedly) an adult, so let adults converse as they wish. It is the ratings of games that actually impact the success or failure of the creators, and it is to them that the moderators should devote their attention.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes