Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
OK... It was a big pain in the ass to start Chapter 3.

It seems it's impossible to correctly load the save from Day 4 with the last update (EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2).
Errors when loading, no rollback, impossible to save or load... The game was unusable and totaly brokken.

But ! Using the Day 5 update from december 2018 (I used the crunch version) to load the save from Chapter 2, doing a save (I did it at the "Day 5" screen) and loading it with the last update (EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2) seems OK.

So, going directly from chapter 2 to the last version of Chapter 3 seems impossible, you have to use an intermediate version to read the backup of chapter 2 and make a Chapter 3 compatible save...

Last edited:

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Its any save in chapter 3 after the initial start, I can get the game to start from my chapter 2 save but when I load a save later in chapter 3 it crashes. ill probably just wait for the rework
Look my post just above yours ;)

cabap

Feb 21, 2018
i dont know whats going on. all the other work great but chapter 3. Chapter 3 coud barley start then i cant save or load the game and when i reach a serten point where the teacher in i csply it just says error and i cant rollback or try re load where i was able to save.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I want to replay this so bad but I will wait for the full 1st week to come out.
Lot of changes are being made and replaying whats here will be different than what is going to come out soon.

Reactions: IceBearApproves

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
Im glad he drops quality and quantity in one long term bundled update.. none of this 5 scenes per month crap.

SlendermanX

Jan 8, 2018
Day 1-2 Works perfekt but day 3 every 5 massages or image error and that the hole time

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
KeyError: u'mcmm'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "menu/savestuff/saves.rpyc", line 25, in script call
  File "Days/Day3/mainD3.rpyc", line 2085, in script
  File "E:\F95\29.06.2019\Neuer Ordner\Neuer Ordner\EcchiSensei-Day_4\EcchiSensei-Day_4-market\renpy\ast.py", line 678, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\F95\29.06.2019\Neuer Ordner\Neuer Ordner\EcchiSensei-Day_4\EcchiSensei-Day_4-market\renpy\exports.py", line 1204, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\F95\29.06.2019\Neuer Ordner\Neuer Ordner\EcchiSensei-Day_4\EcchiSensei-Day_4-market\renpy\character.py", line 1012, in __call__
    who = who_pattern.replace("[who]", sub(who))
  File "E:\F95\29.06.2019\Neuer Ordner\Neuer Ordner\EcchiSensei-Day_4\EcchiSensei-Day_4-market\renpy\character.py", line 1007, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "E:\F95\29.06.2019\Neuer Ordner\Neuer Ordner\EcchiSensei-Day_4\EcchiSensei-Day_4-market\renpy\substitutions.py", line 244, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u'mcmm'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Ecchi Sensei Day_4
Sun Jul 14 19:05:13 2019

Dec 15, 2017
GFX:
5-10 images in 1 hour
10 hours 50-100 images
Working 10-15 hours each day:

10 days 500 - 1500 images - Average = 1000 images
20 days 1000 - 3000 images - Average = 1500 images

Last Releases average image amount: 1600 images

Scripting and Dialogues:

100 lines / hour
1000 lines / 10 hours
10000 lines / 100 hours

Working 12-16 hours each day:
5-7 Days (in best case)

Last Releases average amount of lines: 8900

20 Days GFX + 6 (average) days scripting = 26 Days
+ 2 Days playtesting + 1 Day photoshop + an half day music + an half day for for building the release, uploading, writing patreon post, and publish it everywhere = 30 Days

I have no free days. I have no time to work on other things while working on the next release.
So no, there is no chance to release new updates and work on the merge.

But for all who believe the next merge (which will NOT be Week 2) also takes months. The answer is no.
We added tons of new features and started from the scratch with the first 3 ingame days.

Day 1-7 is fine after week 1 merge and there is no need to spent weeks to edit things. We surely change something. Typos, better design of the code, small improvements for no lag, etc.

But the next big merge (Which will be "Month 1" will definitely not take longer than an ordinary update.)

And for all those who still believe Ecchi Sensei is a 50+ year project.
No it isn't. The game speeds up.

The game will become the biggest Visual Novel ever. That's true. But I already calculated when Ecchi Sensei is over, and I already calculated when Ecchi Sensei 2 starts, and I already calculated when Ecchi Sensei 2 ends.

If we go for an hattrick and create Ecchi Sensei 3, depends how much fun I still have, and how many people like the game.
I like the job, but it is very stressful. I easily endure it for the next 2-3 years, and if someone takes the GFX part, I would endure it for 20+ years because writing is my passion (not in english of course).

So yeah, Ecchi Sensei is my baby, and I'd like to see how it grows and gets bigger.
That means lots of effort, no reallife and hopefully many positive feedbacks in the future. Because all the hater shit I read on various platforms would depress me a little if I would care ^^

So long,
Blue

P.S.
Check out the FFA Patreon Weekly Status reports.
Soo, you guys are gonna take a vacation after Week 1 releases, right? Because that is some crazy level of work and dedication, and I fear burnout will occur if you don't take a break. I know you said you will endure it for the next 2-3 years, which is great. But everyone needs a break and a breather even from stuff they love. Anyways, thank you all for your hard work on this game. Take care!

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
OK, I can confirm that it worked.
Not a single error, bug, crash or whatever during the 3 days in Chapter 3 using an old release to create a Chapter 3 compatible save from Chapter 2.

OK... It was a big pain in the ass to start Chapter 3.

It seems it's impossible to correctly load the save from Day 4 with the last update (EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2).
Errors when loading, no rollback, impossible to save or load... The game was unusable and totaly brokken.

But ! Using the Day 5 update from december 2018 (I used the crunch version) to load the save from Chapter 2, doing a save (I did it at the "Day 5" screen) and loading it with the last update (EcchiSensei-Day_7-V2) seems OK.

So, going directly from chapter 2 to the last version of Chapter 3 seems impossible, you have to use an intermediate version to read the backup of chapter 2 and make a Chapter 3 compatible save...

DZ Emy

Apr 7, 2019
View attachment 327841

after this you get the endless error screen
first one is:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 416, in execute_pause
renpy.pause()
File "game/functions/phone/messager.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/messager.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/messager.rpy", line 19, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/messager.rpy", line 29, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/messager.rpy", line 63, in execute
KeyError: u'incomming_m'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "menu/savestuff/saves.rpyc", line 25, in script call
File "Days/Day5/d5_main.rpyc", line 4340, in script

second is the same except File "Days/Day5/d5_main.rpyc", line 4340, in script change to 4341 then next is 4342, 4343 etc forever or as how long you click ignore

edit:: also added savefile if u wanna check
I love you

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
GFX:
5-10 images in 1 hour
10 hours 50-100 images
Working 10-15 hours each day:

10 days 500 - 1500 images - Average = 1000 images
20 days 1000 - 3000 images - Average = 1500 images

Last Releases average image amount: 1600 images

Scripting and Dialogues:

100 lines / hour
1000 lines / 10 hours
10000 lines / 100 hours

Working 12-16 hours each day:
5-7 Days (in best case)

Last Releases average amount of lines: 8900

20 Days GFX + 6 (average) days scripting = 26 Days
+ 2 Days playtesting + 1 Day photoshop + an half day music + an half day for for building the release, uploading, writing patreon post, and publish it everywhere = 30 Days

I have no free days. I have no time to work on other things while working on the next release.
So no, there is no chance to release new updates and work on the merge.

But for all who believe the next merge (which will NOT be Week 2) also takes months. The answer is no.
We added tons of new features and started from the scratch with the first 3 ingame days.

Day 1-7 is fine after week 1 merge and there is no need to spent weeks to edit things. We surely change something. Typos, better design of the code, small improvements for no lag, etc.

But the next big merge (Which will be "Month 1" will definitely not take longer than an ordinary update.)

And for all those who still believe Ecchi Sensei is a 50+ year project.
No it isn't. The game speeds up.

The game will become the biggest Visual Novel ever. That's true. But I already calculated when Ecchi Sensei is over, and I already calculated when Ecchi Sensei 2 starts, and I already calculated when Ecchi Sensei 2 ends.

If we go for an hattrick and create Ecchi Sensei 3, depends how much fun I still have, and how many people like the game.
I like the job, but it is very stressful. I easily endure it for the next 2-3 years, and if someone takes the GFX part, I would endure it for 20+ years because writing is my passion (not in english of course).

So yeah, Ecchi Sensei is my baby, and I'd like to see how it grows and gets bigger.
That means lots of effort, no reallife and hopefully many positive feedbacks in the future. Because all the hater shit I read on various platforms would depress me a little if I would care ^^

So long,
Blue

P.S.
Check out the FFA Patreon Weekly Status reports.
As long as you don't disappear into the ether like some other devs have done, I don't really mind taking a long time for updates. Like there are several devs that literally disappear for over half a year, release an update that can be done in like 5-10 minutes, then disappear again for an unknown period of time... Or constant promises of updates and not updating anything for a year.
I have no reason to believe that you'll do the same for now, and hope that you'll be able to find a good an consistent pace for the upcoming updates. I guess you spoiled everyone with those almost monthly updates previously, and not seeing an update for 3 months was somewhat unnerving for me as well.

Godspeed Ecchi Sensei. Hope that you don't forget the people who support you!.. For whatever reason they might support you!

Sep 11, 2018
Soo, you guys are gonna take a vacation after Week 1 releases, right? Because that is some crazy level of work and dedication, and I fear burnout will occur if you don't take a break. I know you said you will endure it for the next 2-3 years, which is great. But everyone needs a break and a breather even from stuff they love. Anyways, thank you all for your hard work on this game. Take care!
breaks nay man this is the crazy train no breaks on here.

The parteon updates make it sound like they plan to just roll on to the next game with no stops. As day 8-9 is already in the works. They want as little idle time as possible.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
As long as his patrons are fine with it, I know I wouldn't want to wait months for a release without any new content.
Don't get me wrong, I like the game a lot, it is really unique in scope and humour and character numbers etc..
And I completely understand wanting to make the first week one big chunk of a game, but I for one honestly thought Ecchi Sensei was already abandoned since it's been so long since the last update and I would never have guessed that the hold-up is just working on the complete week 1 release.

I don't doubt that Bluecat works like a slave on this, that was something you could see from the first release, that he must put a lot of time and effort into it and we got big updates with lots of content in a relatively fast pace, yet that's also part of the reason why the long wait just for the merged version seems so weird.

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
As long as his patrons are fine with it, I know I wouldn't want to wait months for a release without any new content.
Don't get me wrong, I like the game a lot, it is really unique in scope and humour and character numbers etc..
And I completely understand wanting to make the first week one big chunk of a game, but I for one honestly thought Ecchi Sensei was already abandoned since it's been so long since the last update and I would never have guessed that the hold-up is just working on the complete week 1 release.

I don't doubt that Bluecat works like a slave on this, that was something you could see from the first release, that he must put a lot of time and effort into it and we got big updates with lots of content in a relatively fast pace, yet that's also part of the reason why the long wait just for the merged version seems so weird.
Go read all the weekly report and u will know why

Reactions: Skalli and Bakkalon

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Go read all the weekly report and u will know why
Sure, I have nothing better to do with my life.
Sorry, but I don't really care why.
I'm not blaming the dev, I'm not angry or accusing anyone of anything, no entitled demands from my side or anything, but it is what it is, waiting for months for nothing but a merged version feels just weird compared with the speed we got new content before.
Not saying there's no valid reason (of course there is, I wouldn't dream of accusing bluecat of lying), but it still sucks.

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
Sure, I have nothing better to do with my life.
Sorry, but I don't really care why.
I'm not blaming the dev, I'm not angry or accusing anyone of anything, no entitled demands from my side or anything, but it is what it is, waiting for months for nothing but a merged version feels just weird compared with the speed we got new content before.
Not saying there's no valid reason (of course there is, I wouldn't dream of accusing bluecat of lying), but it still sucks.
"I don't really care why" -> "I am not entitled". I mean the fact you made a post at all (Even two in quick succession as I see) a part of you is still somewhat angry if you wrote something like that. While you do say a couple of lines of "I understand" and "He has been relatively fast" (Why not just say "he has been fast"? Why say "relatively"?) the dissatisfaction and entitlement shines through.

Let me break it down for you. I have played through the game a couple of times, from start to finish, and the separate clients for episodes are annoying. I also remember issues with different bugs, etc, while trying to transfer over my save to the next client. Most games have a single client and that's also something necessary for NEW players. The current client system is clunky at best. Even if he took another 3 month break, he would've still created more content in the previous 12 months then a lot of other game devs that still monetize themselves.
It seems you have never heard of "Dual Family" (Pretty sure it's abandoned by now, the dev was making constant promises until January of this year, but now has seemingly gone silent) or "A town uncovered" (Needing like 4-6 months to add in 2 incomplete scenes that could be completed in 5-10 minutes WITHOUT the skip button.)

McWoodz

Oct 28, 2018
"I don't really care why" -> "I am not entitled". I mean the fact you made a post at all (Even two in quick succession as I see) a part of you is still somewhat angry if you wrote something like that. While you do say a couple of lines of "I understand" and "He has been relatively fast" (Why not just say "he has been fast"? Why say "relatively"?) the dissatisfaction and entitlement shines through.
Well the two posts were about 3 hours apart. Does that really count as quick succession or is it just relatively quick succession?
:unsure:

dlhd5050

Nov 14, 2018
Sorry for asking but is the flashback at the end of day 5 is the only pastime we got in game? Cause i really want to know more about his past

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes