Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
What I am experiencing is I will have a scene transition from an image to blank screen and the game will appear to hang. After clicking the mouse a few times, the next screen will appear. I have noted this a number of times already in the first chapter. Is it possible that there is something going on in the back code that is causing the game to be so terribly slow? Suggestions?
lmao. That isn't lag, the game was made like that. This is basically how it works:

Python:
show image

# The game pauses on the image and requires you to click to continue to the dialogue.

"This is dialogue."
"This is more dialogue."

# The game pauses on the image and requires to you to click to see the next image.

show next image

Etc.
There are also a lot of those intentional click to continue pauses on black screens as well that require you to click to see what's next, which you might have mistaken for lag.

I personally hate it since it requires so much extra clicking, but it's not lag and is intentional.

Reactions: gaypimmel

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Can someone explain to me why the hell the game is not running like intended
If you better explain your problem, people would be able to help better. If you are using the Dark Mind patch, it does not go into the Renpy game folder like previous patches but goes into the main folder so it can replace the main exe file. Misapplying the patch seems to prevent the game from loading properly but outside of that guess, we would need more information as to what error you have.

Meh 1000

May 10, 2019
If you better explain your problem, people would be able to help better. If you are using the Dark Mind patch, it does not go into the Renpy game folder like previous patches but goes into the main folder so it can replace the main exe file. Misapplying the patch seems to prevent the game from loading properly but outside of that guess, we would need more information as to what error you have.

Meh 1000

May 10, 2019
Do i need that patch to run the game?

lukazil

Oct 30, 2017
So I'm getting an error when it tries to play the phone messaging bit, the first one I can skip around but the second on day 4 has me stuck

Eayz3n

Oct 12, 2018
Welp game died xD.No matter what i do cant play past the rooftop date whit Fuyu.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 416, in execute_pause
renpy.pause()
File "game/functions/phone/messager.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/messager.rpy", line 26, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/messager.rpy", line 36, in execute
File "game/functions/phone/messager.rpy", line 70, in execute
KeyError: u'incomming_m'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "Days/D4.rpyc", line 2504, in script
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 1907, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 1895, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\statements.py", line 220, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
renpy.pause()
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\exports.py", line 1457, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 534, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 534, in visit_all
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in <lambda>
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "<screen language>", line 70, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.1.457
Ecchi Sensei week1 Week_1
Sun Aug 25 20:34:26 2019

Timendo

NTR Connoisseur
Donor
Jan 31, 2018
Does someone have other link to full game ? Mega needs to wait and uploadhaven dl at 350ko so ..
Or other Split links but with Nopy for example

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
If i need the Dark Mind Patch to fully run the game then it was my mistake
The Dark Mind patch puts a lot of the ecchi back in ecchi sensei. All of the content with the daughters and some of their classmates is only in the patch. You should be able to play the game without it but you will be missing content. I downloaded the lightly compressed version of the game, maybe somebody who has the full version unpatched can see if they get that same error.

Dr.Buttlet

May 5, 2018
Welp game died xD.No matter what i do cant play past the rooftop date whit Fuyu.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
renpy.pause()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "Days/D4.rpyc", line 2504, in script
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 1907, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 1895, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\statements.py", line 220, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
renpy.pause()
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\exports.py", line 1457, in pause
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in interact_core
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in <lambda>
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
self.update()
File "D:\EcchiSensei-Week_1-light_compressed\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "<screen language>", line 70, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.1.457
Ecchi Sensei week1 Week_1
Sun Aug 25 20:34:26 2019
I had to pick the first ignore option then submit to the bj and not pick any of the extras to get through that scene.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
Fair mistake considering every game day begins with "Somewhere in Japan..." :ROFLMAO:
Oh, I know it claims that. But BlueCat has obviously never actually experienced day to day life in the Japan as there's very little that feels true to the country.

That's not a complaint! I honestly don't care, the game's fun and its setting should taken as its own thing, not compared to the real world.

What I'm saying is that the lack of honorifics shouldn't be "breaking the immersion" for someone (and hell, it's fairly recent that translated versions of Japanese media even started including them, anyway). It's like watching Back to the Future II and saying "That's not what 2015 was actually like. This movie sucks."

Reactions: Dr.Buttlet
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes