Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
Before anyone of you reports another case of "Tahoma_Correct_Version.ttf not found", please keep the following two things in mind:

1) the bug is caused by you using Lain's mod
2) we incorporated a fix that should get rid of the error in the D8+9 Final

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
my question that i seemed to have been forgetting to ask is, if you've played the previous releases, do you need to replay week 1? is there anything new in it?
There are a few minor scenes, like spying on the girls in the lockerroom, you'll notice that every girl has a crush on you (what are the odds!) Personally I found these extra minor scenes worth replaying from the beginning. Though there are only a few extra scenes. Also, it's far more stable than all the 'day releases' from before because this is all of that in a single game. Back to your question: You don't NEED to replay week 1 if you've already done it day by day with the previous releases.

Niforan

Mar 31, 2018
I've tried installing the Day 8+9 Beta Dark Mind Patch on my fresh Download, but it keeps telling I don't have the latest version installed, what am I doing wrong?

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
Accidentally toggled the german on for D8+9 and I can't find a way to switch it back anyone know?
Enable the console by editing the options.rpy by hand or using unren, then write the following (case-sensitive!) commands in the console: persistent.de = False, persistent.en = True, _preferences.language = "eng"

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Is there a way to get rid of / reject Fuyu?

The MC for unexplained reasons acts like a weirdo around her, and she's easily the worst character.
True,she has to be one of the worst executions of the mysterious girl trope I have ever seen(and I normally gun for that particular trope).
Really doesnt help that the otherwise Gary Stu MC becomes a bumbling idiot during any event involving her and possibly directly goes against other choices the player made previously(like that one with the...principal I think?which outright states "dont want to cheat on my wife" as a decline and then he goes and does it anyway...MC´s writing is still all over the place and really should have been tightened up with the week 1 release).

my question that i seemed to have been forgetting to ask is, if you've played the previous releases, do you need to replay week 1? is there anything new in it?
Really depends on how many of the routes you actually played in the old versions.
Week 1 release consolidates quite a few and erases a number of choices,effectively forcing the MC into routes he could avoid prior(like Tomoe or that stalker girl...no not Fuyu,the other one).
So if you opted out of some stuff in the old version you might very well be missing out on story context.
Final release might also support save import so there is that too.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Really depends on how many of the routes you actually played in the old versions.
Week 1 release consolidates quite a few and erases a number of choices,effectively forcing the MC into routes he could avoid prior(like Tomoe or that stalker girl...no not Fuyu,the other one).
So if you opted out of some stuff in the old version you might very well be missing out on story context.
Final release might also support save import so there is that too.

ugh routes, can't there just be a route where you get them all?!? that's what i was aiming for, i hate how they think they need to hem you into certain routes to one girl..
hell even when i was in school i never had just 1 gf, never could understand why some ppl only wanted 1 girl, there were many of them to get!

taler

Oct 5, 2017
ugh routes, can't there just be a route where you get them all?!? that's what i was aiming for, i hate how they think they need to hem you into certain routes to one girl..
hell even when i was in school i never had just 1 gf, never could understand why some ppl only wanted 1 girl, there were many of them to get!
Harem is boring to some people. True romance can also be fun.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Judging by the last half dozen pages of everyone bitching that shit is broken, I'm so glad I've decided to wait for the official release.

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
You must have been a pleasant person to be engaged with...
Anyway,considering thats exactly what Week 1 did(cutting down on actual choices and throwing together the different routes as to allow more content coverage per playthrough)it should be a more pleasant experience for you than the original version.

melvin432

Aug 20, 2019
watching all the comments about the dark mind patch that are literally all the same and just banging my head on the keyboard

wat1012

Oct 6, 2019
Can someone please help me? I am missing images of week 1???
Please guys help me. It's freaking me out.
There are some screenshots.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
I'd suggest lightly compressd week 1 and dark mind patch for that. Then wait for official release of day 8+9 and another patch for that when it's available.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes