JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
It must be the 4K texture pack or some other texture mods.
You wouldn't happen to know the program being used in making the scenes and taking the shots that make up the game?
4k sounds right since default HS isn't too great. I know he uses Unity and he might use some other model program. Best thing is to do is hop in ES discord and ask BC himself. He doesn't share too much behind the scenes unless you're a patron.

Adaptis

Oct 19, 2017
4k sounds right since default HS isn't too great. I know he uses Unity and he might use some other model program. Best thing is to do is hop in ES discord and ask BC himself. He doesn't share too much behind the scenes unless you're a patron.
I guess I can get that, since a'lot of dev's wouldn't want to share how they make their games get to a good point, I've seen a few Honey Select and Koikatsu models being used but I've never known how they got how the scenes were taken.

JustNotFatal

Apr 27, 2017
I guess I can get that, since a'lot of dev's wouldn't want to share how they make their games get to a good point, I've seen a few Honey Select and Koikatsu models being used but I've never known how they got how the scenes were taken.
I wouldn't say they don't want to share as much as people don't really ask unless that person is also interested in making games. HS has it's own studio where people take shots.

Not to get off topic but you have other games devs that show almost everything *cough* DC *cough* and it slows down development considerable.

I'm sure if you're polite/keep it short and dm blue or any dev for that matter they'll probably be happy to share what programs they use. I think we also have a forum section dedicated to this type of stuff.

Adaptis

Oct 19, 2017
I wouldn't say they don't want to share as much as people don't really ask unless that person is also interested in making games. HS has it's own studio where people take shots.

Not to get off topic but you have other games devs that show almost everything *cough* DC *cough* and it slows down development considerable.

I'm sure if you're polite/keep it short and dm blue or any dev for that matter they'll probably be happy to share what programs they use. I think we also have a forum section dedicated to this type of stuff.
I'm sure dev's don't mind sharing the name of assets for the models they use, but when it comes down to the settings that make up the models in their game like Dreams of Desire or Milfy City for example, everyone knows the assets being used but no one really knows the exact settings done to make how they look in the games themselves, so far I've only seen a few people almost come close to replicating the mothers and sisters from both those games, maybe up to 80 - 90% but only the creator knows the settings for 100%

A thread for sharing or talking about programs being used to make the games?

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
So I don't have a lot of space. Are there any issues with the newest compressed versions, and what is their quality? Is moderate compressed still like 720p and sharp looking, or is there a noticeable drop in quality from the full version size?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
So I don't have a lot of space. Are there any issues with the newest compressed versions, and what is their quality? Is moderate compressed still like 720p and sharp looking, or is there a noticeable drop in quality from the full version size?
Week 1 Light Compressed is fine. It doesn't change the resolution; it changes the compression level.

andy6915

Feb 9, 2019
Week 1 Light Compressed is fine. It doesn't change the resolution; it changes the compression level.
I'll rephrase that, does it LOOK good? Clean, textures aren't blurry, animations aren't worse, nothing looks blockier than it should, no compression artifacts? I want to know if the visuals will be noticeably worse by playing a more compressed version.

Zaon

Dec 20, 2017
What's the deal with the basement door code? Can you actually find it in-game? Is 5911 anything special? Obviously it says that it will be relevant for week 2, I'm just curious why it's even a thing you can explore if it serves no purpose yet?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I'll rephrase that, does it LOOK good? Clean, textures aren't blurry, animations aren't worse, nothing looks blockier than it should, no compression artifacts? I want to know if the visuals will be noticeably worse by playing a more compressed version.
Yes, it looks good. To me, anyway, but I'm not on the high end of visual pickiness. I can't tell the difference on most images I've compared (only been a few, though).

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I installed. no problem while patch is off. but when open the DM patch, this is the problem.

however, I downloaded the game with torrent and downloaded the latest version of the DM patch.
If it can't find the images when the DM patch is on, that means you didn't install the images from the DM patch correctly.

radeon111

Jul 18, 2017
Follow the guide to make sure you install the patch correctly
Make sure you are installing the correct patch for that version of the game.
https://f95zone.to/threads/ecchi-sensei-day-8-9-final-bluecat.14927/page-364#post-2496131

I saw now. The torrent version is only "week 1". It doesn't contain the 8th and 9th days. but I'm trying to install the latest version of the DM patch. Thanks for the reply now I get it. Now I'll download "week 1 DM patch" and try again.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
What's the deal with the basement door code? Can you actually find it in-game? Is 5911 anything special? Obviously it says that it will be relevant for week 2, I'm just curious why it's even a thing you can explore if it serves no purpose yet?
The game does not yet provide any hint, but it is guessable. In the week 1 version, check out the birth dates on the id cards from the oldest to the youngest ignoring poor Yuki who doesn't even get a card.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes