Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
quite some links are broken.

in the full 1st week download (16,6 GB), dropmefiles and filemail deleted the file.
the nopy link for day 8 & 9 doesn't work either.

Reactions: melvin432

melvin432

Aug 20, 2019
man i dunno about anyone else but i really could've done without the halloween special and just had the day 10-11 update instead wasnt really much to enjoy there and it was kinda boring

tohot2pimp

Nov 9, 2017
man i dunno about anyone else but i really could've done without the halloween special and just had the day 10-11 update instead wasnt really much to enjoy there and it was kinda boring
I'm just glad I'm not one of the Patreons or I would been pissed for getting this special instead of the promised update.

BlueCat_Ecchi Sensei

Ecchi Sensei
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
Valentine 2019 is a past time story.

For all those who dislike the fapoween special, and/or are angry because Day 10+11 delay:

asdkölo.JPG

So with other words:
I was that friendly and invested my time to create in just three days the "Fapoween special" as a little excuse for the delay of my translator.

Yes, the story isn't the best, yes the dialogues are short, guess why? Exactly, because my translator is busy with Ecchi Sensei Day 10+11.

I for myself already work on the GFX for Day 12-14. I'm sorry if you mainly dislike the Fapoween special, but I'm personally very proud of a 3 day work from zero update with the focus on image quality and animations.

So long,
Blue

melvin432

Aug 20, 2019

For all those who dislike the fapoween special, and/or are angry because Day 10+11 delay:

View attachment 449064

So with other words:
I was that friendly and invested my time to create in just three days the "Fapoween special" as a little excuse for the delay of my translator.

Yes, the story isn't the best, yes the dialogues are short, guess why? Exactly, because my translator is busy with Ecchi Sensei Day 10+11.

I for myself already work on the GFX for Day 12-14. I'm sorry if you mainly dislike the Fapoween special, but I'm personally very proud of a 3 day work from zero update with the focus on image quality and animations.

So long,
Blue
to be honest it wasnt so much as the delay of new content as it was the feeling that you had a choice between doing this and doing a new update and chose to do this instead and alot of ppl felt cheated by that choice now obviously you didnt actually have that option and experienced an unexpected delay that caused u to change the timeframe as to which that content would come out and the fact u went out of your way to deliver some content to appease ppl a bit does make me feel grateful and i am glad you did beacuse that lets me know what kind of creator you are and that you care about your audience but overall my main problem with all this going on ( and i feel most ppls problem) is more so to do with the lack of communication between you and your fanbase that led to some clear confusion as to what was going on behind the scenes as there was no patreon update or post on here from you or your team members to let everyone know what was happening and i feel that this is where most of the complaints concerning the fapoween special and the delay of the upcoming update were coming from. i think just in the future i might just be best to let ppl know beforehand as to what is going on so that ppl have a full clear picture and know what is happening. most ppl on here are actually fine with delays since they prefer to wait another week for the full update then to get a bad update a week earlier just so long as they know whats going on.

JTsmoothhands

Sep 9, 2017
I think your under the misconception that he is responsible for every aspect of the project and devoting time to basket A takes from basket B. This is more of a Lead time project, meaning he is waiting for another process that is out of his control. So he threw this together, for free, and is already working on what he can for the update AFTER this one so it's out quicker. This is my favorite game and I want the update as bad as anyone can, but lets cut some slack and maybe give him extra funding so he can hire TWO translators and halve the wait time.

Welshie

May 28, 2017
It has been answered at least once and it took me quite some time searching the thread to get the right combination to get the answer. The game is set to use OpenGL for rendering by default and that didn't work with my old HD 3000 graphics on the laptop I lug around.

The answer is to launch the game, hit "Shift G", that opens a window where you can select "Force Angle/DirectX Renderer" or probably "Automatically Choose" and hit return. Do as the window says and close the game and restart and that should fix the black screens leading to crashes.
Thank you!! That seems to have fixed the problem :) now I can read for more than 5 mins without restarting the game :D

Anthaeus

Dec 9, 2018
What is the code?
It's the code to open the basement door where there is nothing waiting for you. Yet.

It can be worked out from the in game clues, (which are a little obscure if you aren't paying attention), but there are over 50 posts with the code, (and/or the explanation of how to work it out), on it in the thread, (the search box really does work), and the code is in the FAQ linked on the opening post.

But just in case, it's 5911.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

View attachment 449064

So with other words:

So long,
Blue
How dare you delay day 10+11 for MONTHS because you spent ALL THAT TIME making the Fapoween special! OMG stop wasting our time! :rolleyes:

For the humor impaired, that's sarcasm. I understand the difference between rendering/writing/translating, and understand that different groups on a team can work on different things. Reminds me of the idiots who used to bitch at Blizzard for putting hairdos into World of Warcraft instead of working on balance fixes. They're different teams, and what one does doesn't affect the other!

What is a "past time story"?

Are Lewdmas/Lewd Year and the Valentine's special included in Week 1?

VincentYamato

Feb 12, 2018
is that link under fapoween the stand alone special or does it has day 8-9 also? 2gb its a bit much, does anyone have a compress version of it?

deathknight89

Nov 3, 2019
Sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it while searching. Anyway, I downloaded the lightly compressed version and the dm patch for week 1-final. Yet, when I start the game, it says that I haven't downloaded the latest patch and sure enough, I'm missing alot of images. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, does anyone know the fix or what I might be doing wrong? I copied the "game" section from DM into the "game" section of the lightly compressed version. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Raven Tomoe

Aug 21, 2019
Sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it while searching. Anyway, I downloaded the lightly compressed version and the dm patch for week 1-final. Yet, when I start the game, it says that I haven't downloaded the latest patch and sure enough, I'm missing alot of images. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, does anyone know the fix or what I might be doing wrong? I copied the "game" section from DM into the "game" section of the lightly compressed version. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
To install the patch, copy the following from the patch to the same place in the main game:
  • archive_dm.rpa
  • patch.rpy
  • game/menu/options.rpy
Enable dark mind in the options menu. Turn on kinks you want to see.

You don't copy all the files in the game folder just what is listed above because you start getting error's if you download what all in the DM patch in the game folder.
Also make sure you are using the right DM patch for which version you are playing if your playing week 1 version use that DM patch, lewdpatcher should have every version of DM just click on previous version on the bottom.

Last edited:

SirPEEPEE

May 10, 2018
Is there supposed to be a couple of missing images in the Week 1 of the Mac version of the game? Ive been playing for a while and there seems to be quite an amount of images missing.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Download Week 1 version of Dark Mind patch, install it into correct directory and turn it on from the settings.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
To you. That's the fix for missing images. After doing that there should be only one image, city1_6, if my memory serves, missing from compressed versions.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes