Oozora

Dec 1, 2019
the door in the basement of day 3,

is saki suppose to open it or not?
what different in the story if saki open it or saki give up in the long run?
thx

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
Worked like a charm! The only "problem" is the phone messenger doesn't work. I checked the functions file mentioned in the exception error screen and it seems the "functions/phone/messager" file is completely missing. Is this another problem caused by improperly installing the patch or mod? Feels like one of those persistent file problems, but I'm pretty much a layperson. Maybe a problem with the file name accidentally misspelt as "messager"? I feel like I've run into and fixed this problem before, so I'll keep looking later. I checked in the zip files for the game and can't find the files in their either.

Blue Eyes710

Oct 14, 2019
Short Question: Why are the Information about the Girls I met in week 1 not in the database of part II? I just see my Girls and noone else. Is it possible to Import the old file. And I think that it isn't updated in II, when I have met new persons...
Thanks for help.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
I'm having a bit of a problem with saves and modding, and hoping for some help.

My first goal is to keep modded saves separate from unmodded saves. I've finished Week 1 with Lain's mod and tried to make a separate folder without modded files, but running the .exe in the new folder taps into the modded game with its saves (and the tacoma font error).

The second goal is to keep the Week 1 unmodded saves, once created, unmerged from the Days version of week 2, and be able to make a separate copy of the Week 1 saves at any time to merge with any new Days version. By keeping the Week 1 saves uncorrupted with Days data, I could then just transplant a copy of them into whatever new Days version there is and keep my decision path constant.

So basically, I have the Ecchi Sensei main folder, with a Week 1 Lain subfolder, and the new Week 1 unmodded subfolder. The unmodded subfolder would be the source of saves and game info to transplant into any new Days version subfolder.

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
I'm having a bit of a problem with saves and modding, and hoping for some help.

My first goal is to keep modded saves separate from unmodded saves. I've finished Week 1 with Lain's mod and tried to make a separate folder without modded files, but running the .exe in the new folder taps into the modded game with its saves (and the tacoma font error).

The second goal is to keep the Week 1 unmodded saves, once created, unmerged from the Days version of week 2, and be able to make a separate copy of the Week 1 saves at any time to merge with any new Days version. By keeping the Week 1 saves uncorrupted with Days data, I could then just transplant a copy of them into whatever new Days version there is and keep my decision path constant.

So basically, I have the Ecchi Sensei main folder, with a Week 1 Lain subfolder, and the new Week 1 unmodded subfolder. The unmodded subfolder would be the source of saves and game info to transplant into any new Days version subfolder.
you would need to customize \game\menu\options.rpy and change the save folder location there

Reactions: Mondoblasto

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
the door in the basement of day 3,

is saki suppose to open it or not?
what different in the story if saki open it or saki give up in the long run?
thx
I don't think it matters, but MC tells Mao what's in there some time during D8-14, but it's not been shown yet.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
running the .exe in the new folder taps into the modded game with its saves (and the tacoma font error).
It sounds like something needs clarification. In addition to the local saves folder in each copy, there's a system saves folder in %APPDATA%\RenPy\. So, for example, any and all copies of Week 1 DM have the same system saves folder, %APPDATA%\Renpy\Ecchi Sensei. That's what the unmodded version is seeing, not the modded version's local saves.

The bottom directory is set in game\menu\options.rpy. So if you followed Latecomer's advice, you could make it so the modded version used %APPDATA%\Renpy\Ecchi Sensei (mod) instead.

Things get a bit more complicated with Week 2 due to the method used to automatically "import" Week 1 saves:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jan 6, 2019
Hey guys is the week 2 The final update or will it continue till day 365 days like Mr/Ms. Bluecat mentioned before

Last edited:

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
Honestly I struggle to understand why anyone would think this game is abandoned or on hold or completed, considering how extremely easy it is to check and verify the facts (i.e. bluecat and I are active here, our discord is very active, etc.pp.)

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Honestly I struggle to understand why anyone would think this game is abandoned or on hold or completed, considering how extremely easy it is to check and verify the facts (i.e. bluecat and I are active here, our discord is very active, etc.pp.)
Paying attention is haaaaaaaard!

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
you would need to customize \game\menu\options.rpy and change the save folder location there
It sounds like something needs clarification. In addition to the local saves folder in each copy, there's a system saves folder in %APPDATA%\RenPy\. So, for example, any and all copies of Week 1 DM have the same system saves folder, %APPDATA%\Renpy\Ecchi Sensei. That's what the unmodded version is seeing, not the modded version's local saves.

The bottom directory is set in game\menu\options.rpy. So if you followed Latecomer's advice, you could make it so the modded version used %APPDATA%\Renpy\Ecchi Sensei (mod) instead.

Things get a bit more complicated with Week 2 due to the method used to automatically "import" Week 1 saves:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
D8-14 has no options.rpy file.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
That's because it's in an rpa.

If you don't understand Ren'Py packing files into rpas...well, let's just say you've got a lot to learn. Look at UnRen. And go to and poke around.

Your attempts to mod/make changes will end in disaster if you don't learn some Ren'Py and Python basics.

Suggestion - always keep a backup.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
And beyond what goobdoob said, the rpa only contains the compiled version (options.rpyc). Unlike extracting .rpa files, decompiling .rpyc files requires you to have python2 installed. I didn't mention any of that because I wasn't sure how committed you were to trying this.

I can send you a decompiled copy if you want, but IMO any further discussion on the matter should be taken elsewhere.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes