Apr 19, 2020
This observation simply comes from your steady drop in patrons (I don't know your actual revenues). As your development wears on with no target release people move on because of their fickle nature. And with the current release being touted as no new content (again apologize if this information is false going by the original discussion here) then expect even greater dip. Lower revenues means lower pay, lower pay means all those great team members will have to look elsewhere eventually.
For one, everyone knows this project will take years to complete. The majority of people in this community seem quite patient, compared to other ones I've seen. Also, the merge is improving features that were broken in the current versions. Such as the music player, the map, important features for most. I am not a patron, have nothing to do with development, and from an outside view it's doing well and the game is growing quite quickly from my eyes
With or without this merge, the game won't be finished anytime soon. And they are working hard to improve everything they've done so far. It looks positive in most if not all ways

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
For one, everyone knows this project will take years to complete. The majority of people in this community seem quite patient, compared to other ones I've seen. Also, the merge is improving features that were broken in the current versions. Such as the music player, the map, important features for most. I am not a patron, have nothing to do with development, and from an outside view it's doing well and the game is growing quite quickly from my eyes
With or without this merge, the game won't be finished anytime soon. And they are working hard to improve everything they've done so far. It looks positive in most if not all ways
The project can continue indefinitely, so long as the money flows in. Like a daytime soap, it has no need for a conclusion.

I think you missed the point of our discussion. Its not about the total project. Content releases halted in favor of completing a project within the overall scope of the project itself. This isn't good when your revenue is derived from customer interest and what is more or less donations. As you say yourself you aren't contributing to them financially and if we look at their numbers it is starting to leak like a faucet. And I'm not talking about the monthly spikes that happen to all accounts, its steadily on the decline as the dry period wears on. There's far too much competition and not enough donors.

While I'm 100% certain that this choice will pan out to be very beneficial in the long run, its short term hits may take too much of a toll overtime if conclusions cannot be made. You also have to keep in mind that if the outcome has no discernable improvement to the content given, then it will be seen as a wasted effort.

Contrast to other developers with honey select/renpy toolsets and there is an expected amount of output. The reputation for being above others put bluecat into a forgiveness period, but do you really want to keep yourself in that position or do you want to consider a plan b scenario? Look at teams that took the halt/revamp route and look at teams that revamped in tandem. Halting progress teams haven't seen a good recovery while Tandem content only improved or stayed the same.

When I talk project management, I'm talking about making sure revenue streams continue to flow in, That projects continue to hold interest to its audience which in turn keeps driving the development team forward to continue with the project.

BlueCat_Ecchi Sensei

Ecchi Sensei
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2017
If i would have the option to choose between work on month 1 and also release new updates on the same time vs just focus on month 1 i of course would take the first one but unfortunately this option is not available because Ecchi Sensei is a teamproject and each update requires translation since my english is shitty shit shit.

But my translator is also addicted in coding and he manages stuff which means he can just work on month 1 or new updates.
and we're not that big to hire more people. We're already a team of three people + french translator + 5+ proofreaders.

But I already work on 2 updates further which means after month 1 release we're back at business as usual and release our updates in time. I personally hate merging periods because it drains the power of my team. They like to produce more content and release new updates but the merge is required for updating our framework and also implement new features and gladly after Month 1 it will take very long for the next big merge so we already happy when the work is done.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
I hope that merge will be done before the end of the year (yeah not optimistic on it..). I really miss playing that game.

Reactions: cakeny

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
Can someone give me a hint on if you get to marry Tomoe in the current content. Im already on Wednesday night of Week 2, and there's no marriage plans yet. Is that in the current content? Next week maybe? I want her so much.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Can someone give me a hint on if you get to marry Tomoe in the current content. Im already on Wednesday night of Week 2, and there's no marriage plans yet. Is that in the current content? Next week maybe? I want her so much.
Restart, you somehow screwed up

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
I'm sorry I must've literally just had a stroke or something because I don't recall your post actually saying what it says now.

Yeah, you ain't marrying Tomoe until the wedding date dude, and that's not in yet, it'll be a few ticks

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
I can say from being on Discord that yes it looks as if things have slowed down but in fact they haven't. I've seen info go by for Halloween update, Day 22-23 and even 24-26 so Theres alot going on even as you wait for Month 1 merge to happen.

Reactions: Lucas Martinez

CptCalicoJack

Aug 29, 2020
What is happening when it crashes? Your comment is fairly vague
game just closes with no traceback log. also get error when attempting to open save menu. will copy and paste later, at work right now.

Edit: the error when attempting to save says out of memory

Edit 2: First, this is for week 1 full. here is another traceback error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/D1/67.png'>:
File "game/Days/D1.rpy", line 811, in script
scene 67 with dissolve
File "game/Days/D1.rpy", line 811, in script
scene 67 with dissolve
Exception: Could not load image u'images/D1/67.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Last edited:

Shadowlord22

Jun 27, 2018
I am having issues with the text messages in week one they all lead to code error is there something I can do to ether skip them or fix them? I have the week one final version and have had this happen on both the 16 gig and compressed versions.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I am having issues with the text messages in week one they all lead to code error is there something I can do to ether skip them or fix them? I have the week one final version and have had this happen on both the 16 gig and compressed versions.
The phone is pretty busted at the moment. It's apparently finally been fixed in the Month 1 merge.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes