RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
it's been a while
Can someone please fill me in with what's happening to this project or why there's been such a long delay/break
We're not 100% on what is happening, but we've been told that they're in the proofreading stage by a semi reliable source. That same source has said we're getting something official in a few days. Sunday is their usual day for this kinda thing, so pop back then.

Sexybitch12

Dec 5, 2020
It seems like matsu had sex with mao in days between 1-14 but i haven't faced any scene like that. Can i know which day they started making out?

slashimus

Mar 2, 2019
Hey folks. Hope everyone is doing well. Ok I wanted to start on this game but I'm a bit confused about how to make the Dark Mind patches work. Do I have to download all previous versions listed on the Lewd Patcher page or just one for the first week? Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a stupid question that I missed the answer for.

Apr 19, 2020
Hey folks. Hope everyone is doing well. Ok I wanted to start on this game but I'm a bit confused about how to make the Dark Mind patches work. Do I have to download all previous versions listed on the Lewd Patcher page or just one for the first week? Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a stupid question that I missed the answer for.
Well, currently the game is in 3 parts. Week one, week two, and day 20-21 (Which is week 3). The dark mind patches should have the same names that these parts are called. However, I'd wait a little bit longer to play. They're merging each week together into one file, called month 1, so it'll be less hassle setting the patches up, and the merge will have other improvements too

slashimus

Mar 2, 2019
Well, currently the game is in 3 parts. Week one, week two, and day 20-21 (Which is week 3). The dark mind patches should have the same names that these parts are called. However, I'd wait a little bit longer to play. They're merging each week together into one file, called month 1, so it'll be less hassle setting the patches up, and the merge will have other improvements too
Ah good to know I'll wait a bit more before starting to play. Thanks a lot for the info.

Reactions: Lucas Martinez

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
It seems like matsu had sex with mao in days between 1-14 but i haven't faced any scene like that. Can i know which day they started making out?
Day 8 is when they do the deed, I think. You need to the Dark Mind patch installed.

Ah good to know I'll wait a bit more before starting to play. Thanks a lot for the info.
The merge will come with numerous bug fixes, better implemented mechanics and will be the only way to carry saves over to future releases, so waiting is the right move. We're expecting some word from the Dev soon (I suspect tomorrow), according to a semi reliable source.

Reactions: Lucas Martinez

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Let me be clear, I am not the one who has stated Sunday, so do not conflate that if it doesn't come tomorrow. Regardless that would be the most optimal time for Blue to write something and frankly it would be in his vague window of "a few days" from earlier in the week.

Beyond that, lets hope for good news.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
I follow quite a few small patreon game devs who can manage to toss out a weekly "here's what's up" posts to update their progress. A six week radio silence is kind of worrying. How hard is it to just say "we're still here working" once a week.
It can get grating on your nerves, and Blue does not like to keep repeating himself on stuff. He wants to update you with actual news, not just more bullshit about how things are chugging. Were he to do that, a lot more people would be annoyed and pissy at the progression because "Not Done Yet!" is far more infuriating than "Radio Silence".

As a consolation, I'm here, I know where abouts shit stands on the project, and I'm friendly. Also Blue will be releasing a statement very soon, the man has a good track record and this team is doing what it does behind the scenes to get work done. Back before week 1 the patrons of the time voted to make sure that all merges, present and future, would be massive overhaul types where all the work that needed done was all at once.

So the reason this shit takes forever? People like me said it would be better to have one massive drought, whenever a merge needed to occur, rather than a bunch of start stop bullshit. This way we could get through a very long period of nothing, and then be swimming in regular content afterwards with limited interruptions if at all.

I don't get paid for this shit, but I figured this would help keep everyone civil.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
As a consolation, I'm here, I know where abouts shit stands on the project, and I'm friendly.
Well, that is encouraging. Radio silence is a little concerning for everyone, but I am glad BC is working on the game.

I do have one question, I don't know if you have an answer, but do you have any idea why BlueCat didn't just release every update as a continuation of the game, like every other game here, and instead released it first as days, and then as weeks, requiring lengthy merging, every few updates? I think I and many here don't really understand how a Illusion asset game, that appears to be a completely straightforward VN, takes so long to develop, since rendering time isn't an issue. I suppose that posing or writing dialog could be what takes so much time, but I haven't heard BlueCat say so.

I mean, as far as I am concerned, a dev can do whatever they want, if the patrons are happy, but it seems about half the development of Ecchi Sensei, over the last year and a hald, has been merging, when it would have been completely unneccesary if updates occured merged from the beginning, like every other game here.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Well, that is encouraging. Radio silence is a little concerning for everyone, but I am glad BC is working on the game.

I do have one question, I don't know if you have an answer, but do you have any idea why BlueCat didn't just release every update as a continuation of the game, like every other game here, and instead released it first as days, and then as weeks, requiring lengthy merging, every few updates? I think I and many here don't really understand how a Illusion asset game, that appears to be a completely straightforward VN, takes so long to develop, since rendering time isn't an issue. I suppose that posing or writing dialog could be what takes so much time, but I haven't heard BlueCat say so.

I mean, as far as I am concerned, a dev can do whatever they want, if the patrons are happy, but it seems about half the development of Ecchi Sensei, over the last year and a hald, has been merging, when it would have been completely unneccesary if updates occured merged from the beginning, like every other game here.
That's what I've been saying. Release one game and not tons of bits of the game spread all over the place.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019

Sooooooo, strap in a bit and I'd say like half of this is pure conjecture but, its what I've got from monitoring soooo yeah.

So I have absolutely no idea why he releases things as days and weeks instead of one massive main game, I have to believe it is because of his shitty code knowledge in the beginning, and this was his compromise. Blue's a writer and can do renders, but a coder he most certainly isn't by any means. I think this was his simplification system for how to manage the game and building it, until he got actual code help but now its just part of the quirk of how the game is built. Do realize I cannot confirm this information but I'm basing it entirely off what I know of Blue, and how is team is built.

As for what's the major issues with updates? Translations are a big one, writing it in German (his native language) and then having to have his proofreader translate everything and keeping his superb writing intact. This is the biggest drain on time, as Blue is not a native English speaker it would come out choppier and lose many idioms, metaphors, alliterations-you know all that cool wordplay and shit that makes stuff interesting. So all of Ecchi Sensei script needs to be cleaned up and read proper, this is quite a process as you might guess, you can render all you want, hell even streamline your code, but translations of this quality take time and energy to accomplish.

I know that's not specifically what you asked, but people in the past said Renders and code aren't that hard, and I have to make clear that this shit needs translated each time, and needs to be held to a high standards of narrative quality.

As for why this merge has taken forever? That's because we told them to work out literally everything they could find during a merge all at once, its a daunting task, and they had to tackle some very tough issues. Bluecat does not want this to be a simple VN, he wants it to be the greatest fucking experience of all time, he's got big ambitions for this and has a big appetite to make it into what he knows it can be. Sorry about how long its taking, but this is only the second merge, and its a massive beast to tango with.

The next merge will be six in game months, so we've still got at least a year and a half until we have to go through anything again-even then it might be super simple at that point. Also as a point, not every VN on this site just goes update to update, Mr. Dots is a known example of having split story parts up in DMD, as have other creators. It's simply uncommon to handle it this way, but merging does more than just smash everything together.

The merge will end sometime soon, I do hope, but until then just know that the reason why this is occurring is because the patrons told them to do it this way, and Bluecat is very ambitious and doesn't want this to ever be "just another VN". This whole thing is a big mess but once they clean it up, and ship it out. it'll be a nice polished stone for us all to gawk at. Until then please be patient.

I may have tangent off a bit, and I'm sorry, TL;DR-the game is made in a quirky fashion, that isn't unheard of with larger titles, and the reason the merges happen like this all at once is because Patrons said to do it that way to the Devs way back when.

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Sooooooo, strap in a bit and I'd say like half of this is pure conjecture but, its what I've got from monitoring soooo yeah.

So I have absolutely no idea why he releases things as days and weeks instead of one massive main game, I have to believe it is because of his shitty code knowledge in the beginning, and this was his compromise. Blue's a writer and can do renders, but a coder he most certainly isn't by any means. I think this was his simplification system for how to manage the game and building it, until he got actual code help but now its just part of the quirk of how the game is built. Do realize I cannot confirm this information but I'm basing it entirely off what I know of Blue, and how is team is built.

As for what's the major issues with updates? Translations are a big one, writing it in German (his native language) and then having to have his proofreader translate everything and keeping his superb writing intact. This is the biggest drain on time, as Blue is not a native English speaker it would come out choppier and lose many idioms, metaphors, alliterations-you know all that cool wordplay and shit that makes stuff interesting. So all of Ecchi Sensei script needs to be cleaned up and read proper, this is quite a process as you might guess, you can render all you want, hell even streamline your code, but translations of this quality take time and energy to accomplish.

I know that's not specifically what you asked, but people in the past said Renders and code aren't that hard, and I have to make clear that this shit needs translated each time, and needs to be held to a high standards of narrative quality.

As for why this merge has taken forever? That's because we told them to work out literally everything they could find during a merge all at once, its a daunting task, and they had to tackle some very tough issues. Bluecat does not want this to be a simple VN, he wants it to be the greatest fucking experience of all time, he's got big ambitions for this and has a big appetite to make it into what he knows it can be. Sorry about how long its taking, but this is only the second merge, and its a massive beast to tango with.

The next merge will be six in game months, so we've still got at least a year and a half until we have to go through anything again-even then it might be super simple at that point. Also as a point, not every VN on this site just goes update to update, Mr. Dots is a known example of having split story parts up in DMD, as have other creators. It's simply uncommon to handle it this way, but merging does more than just smash everything together.

The merge will end sometime soon, I do hope, but until then just know that the reason why this is occurring is because the patrons told them to do it this way, and Bluecat is very ambitious and doesn't want this to ever be "just another VN". This whole thing is a big mess but once they clean it up, and ship it out. it'll be a nice polished stone for us all to gawk at. Until then please be patient.

I may have tangent off a bit, and I'm sorry, TL;DR-the game is made in a quirky fashion, that isn't unheard of with larger titles, and the reason the merges happen like this all at once is because Patrons said to do it that way to the Devs way back when.
I vote for going to normal release system and not the current splitting into weeks/months and needing to go through merging all over again later down the line. If they know how to code it properly now, they should do so.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019

I'm not sure that would have really changed anything. I don't think the biggest issue with the merges is slapping all the content into one file, but all the foundational issues that came with BC's inexperience. Even as one game, I imagine those would still be there.
I vote for going to normal release system and not the current splitting into weeks/months and needing to go through merging all over again later down the line. If they know how to code it properly now, they should do so.
What would that change outside of increasingly bigger download times? I realise we're getting that anyway, with the merges, but if that's every release, that's going to get annoying. So, there needs to be something to gain from doing that. Is there? I don't know myself, cause I'm not well versed in game development stuff.

Jul 27, 2018
This kind of silence is never good news. Having problems in the course of developing a game is common, but the lack of feedback to your patreons is never a good sign. Well, i ll wait for news
edit: bluecat seems very ... active in the discord. Perhaps all of my concern is un...necessary

Last edited:
Reactions: -Dreamer-

witteb

May 3, 2019
yes you better wait, the merge will have an better sex scenes( now they are working at that you can change the sex scenes)

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
yes you better wait, the merge will have an better sex scenes( now they are working at that you can change the sex scenes)
I mean, you can speed them up and slow them down. I really appreciate the change, but lets not oversell what it is.

Reactions: Skalli
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes