RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
hmmm.. i know i know but there are 50pages about and no one are exhaustive...
Patch.. if i download week 1 patch final i'm fine or need to download also the various days (this create me other question like what i should do with the all file named patch.rpy but i'm guessing they were from previous release, if i'm not wrong at first the game was day by day, right?), then.. about week 2 should apply 8-14 final and again should be fine. last... what about week 3 (that probably is named erroneous 20/21)?
The problem is that the lewd patcher page is a messy and is difficult to understand and the faq didn't help...

I've read also (from previous post) that should coming the month version with eventualy his stand alone patch (probably).
Let's hope.
Thx in advance for the reply.
Yeah, you've pretty much figured it out. Week 1 Final, 8-14 Final and 20+21 Final are what you're after. I'm hoping it get's cleaned up when Month 1 drops, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

And yeah, Month 1 should be dropping some time soon, and will come with it's own patch. It'll probably have an Alpha and Beta release so it'll probably get patches for them, but it should still be much more simplified, regardless.

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
Yeah, you've pretty much figured it out. Week 1 Final, 8-14 Final and 20+21 Final are what you're after. I'm hoping it get's cleaned up when Month 1 drops, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

And yeah, Month 1 should be dropping some time soon, and will come with it's own patch. It'll probably have an Alpha and Beta release so it'll probably get patches for them, but it should still be much more simplified, regardless.
actually the only thing i don't understand is the week 3 patch since every week have his days to download + week but week 3 have only days, 20-21 simply don't match the weight of the all week (every download are double days around 200mb) so is impossible to be that one (unless some black magic). Did i miss one file?

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Okay mods don't like my Futurama quotes or me talking about how we treat one another on Discord; noted. Anyways, the model engine is Playhome, still made by Illusion, but not Honey Select, it has an entirely different set up to Honey Select which would be closer to Daz's style of more realist looking thought with a heavy bend towards asian characters, Playhome can skirt more to Koikatsu in feeling more anime-esque without going full anime. Blue uses Playhome because when he was first getting set up he prefer the model styles in this engine best as it most suited what he was wanting to work with.

However, Playhome does have its limitations in that the modding community doesn't really tend to like it as much as everyone uses Honey Select and other engines over Playhome leaving it under supported and hard to develop inside. Without a strong development base, it doesn't get mod support and a vicious cycle ensues. Although this brings and interesting dynamic that means that Ecchi Sensei stands out far more thanks to Playhome being under utilized, this in turn creates a fantastic uniqueness that adds to the charm of Ecchi Sensei and thus grows popularity and curb appeal.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Is there any news, folks? I've kinda missed.
Yeah i think were all just chilling and waiting for news by this point. Makes complete sense he will hesitate to give another ETA until hes more confident they can hit it this time but at same time would just be nice to know what the snags have been and where theyre at in general with the merge project. Id like to think its not too far away now but the longer the silence lasts the less sure i am that its either near to release or further away than ever lol. Fair to say its far from abandoned though as some seem to try and pretend it is.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
actually the only thing i don't understand is the week 3 patch since every week have his days to download + week but week 3 have only days, 20-21 simply don't match the weight of the all week (every download are double days around 200mb) so is impossible to be that one (unless some black magic). Did i miss one file?
I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the name, it's just poorly named. If you mean, size, then I'm not 100% but I suspect that's just a sign of them getting more more efficient at keep the file sizes to a reason amount. You'll be fine with those three.

Yeah i think were all just chilling and waiting for news by this point. Makes complete sense he will hesitate to give another ETA until hes more confident they can hit it this time but at same time would just be nice to know what the snags have been and where theyre at in general with the merge project. Id like to think its not too far away now but the longer the silence lasts the less sure i am that its either near to release or further away than ever lol. Fair to say its far from abandoned though as some seem to try and pretend it is.
According to SkummDude, who I think of as the games unofficial PR guy, they're in the proofreading stages. But considering that we went from "out in a few days" to almost a month and a half delay, I can't help but suspect an unexpected problem has come up. Hopefully whatever it is, if anything, has been resolved and we're now getting close to release.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Blue said he'd write some kind of post in the next few days, might be a state of the update as it stands kind of thing. So hopefully that will either calm people down or get everyone riled up, not sure which, we'll see, but whenever its up I'm sure someone will have a transcript or I will.

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the name, it's just poorly named. If you mean, size, then I'm not 100% but I suspect that's just a sign of them getting more more efficient at keep the file sizes to a reason amount. You'll be fine with those three.
i mean what i have to download for week 3 patch, there's no 15-21 and all files i can get are script named archive_dm.rpa so can't put all together, like i've said is missing that one file for the week or i'm blind?
Sorry for bothering.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
thanks for the fast reply it was helpful (y)
I'd wait for the Month 1 merge that's due soon. Less hassle, less bugs, properly intergrated mechanics, and it will be the only way to carry over your saves to any post-month 1 content.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Blue said he'd write some kind of post in the next few days, might be a state of the update as it stands kind of thing. So hopefully that will either calm people down or get everyone riled up, not sure which, we'll see, but whenever its up I'm sure someone will have a transcript or I will.
I was joking when I said you were the unofficial PR guy, but you're really living up to the role. I hope you're getting paid for this :p

Either way, thanks for the update. :)

i mean what i have to download for week 3 patch, there's no 15-21 and all files i can get are script named archive_dm.rpa so can't put all together, like i've said is missing that one file for the week or i'm blind?
Sorry for bothering.
20+21 is the Dark Mind patch for week 3. It's just poorly named.
You'd probably be better off waiting for Month 1 though, as you won't be able to carry over saves to future content from the current versions. Plus, you have the general improvements I mentioned above.

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
20+21 is the Dark Mind patch for week 3. It's just poorly named.
You'd probably be better off waiting for Month 1 though, as you won't be able to carry over saves to future content from the current versions. Plus, you have the general improvements I mentioned above.
aah thank you.. so both main files game and patch are 20-21 for week 3... crap

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
It is never a good sign to have patreon news silence. Considering they know they are losing patrons by being silent...

Apr 19, 2020
It is never a good sign to have patreon news silence. Considering they know they are losing patrons by being silent...
Skummy said on here and they've said in discord, that Blue will make an announcement soon. I'm really hoping it's positive news, It's difficult to judge based on replies related to it if the merge is pretty much finished or if it still requires a bit more work, so hopefully the announcement comes today or tomorrow and clears that up

Reactions: RandoCard3

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Skummy said on here and they've said in discord, that Blue will make an announcement soon. I'm really hoping it's positive news, It's difficult to judge based on replies related to it if the merge is pretty much finished or if it still requires a bit more work, so hopefully the announcement comes today or tomorrow and clears that up
I'm guessing sunday. They seem to prefer sunday as a info dump day.

_Maou_

Jun 2, 2018
it's been a while
Can someone please fill me in with what's happening to this project or why there's been such a long delay/break

Reactions: XCelesX
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes