Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
The mentality of calling people who criticize shady dev actions "trolls" is the reason they keep happening. As long as people keep pouring money to them on patreon, they will keep doing this. If after a month of no communication and failing to keep up their promises people actually all cancelled their subscription, you would see how productive they would all get.

Never understood how liberal people can be with their hard earned cash. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

Protohawk

Sep 22, 2018
Why is it called month one? last time I checked there is at least 28 days in a month... Its been bugging me now for 6 months... no wait in ESs way of counting I guess it would be close to 9 months....

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Keeping on topic, I'm glad that the teachers don't actually forget what occurred thanks to Crazy Nurse and they just use it as their launchpad with Matsu. Good continuity.

Reactions: Repuci

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
The mentality of calling people who criticize shady dev actions "trolls" is the reason they keep happening. As long as people keep pouring money to them on patreon, they will keep doing this. If after a month of no communication and failing to keep up their promises people actually all cancelled their subscription, you would see how productive they would all get.

Never understood how liberal people can be with their hard earned cash. Oh well, you get what you pay for.
Except people do criticise some aspects of this, and don't get called trolls. The issue we have is that it's the same kind of people that you see pop up in the thread of every game here that takes a while between updates, and start talking about a conspiracy about Devs scamming their patrons.

The thing is, you'd need to be an idiot to do that. Any quick cash you make isn't going to be worth the damage to your reputation after the fact. There's also plenty of circumstantial evidence that shows that once this merge drops, updates will go back to monthly releases, because that's exactly what happened after the Week 1 merge. If someone has legitimate proof that a dev is scamming it's patrons, sure, show us, but in the majority of cases it's just an emotional outrage based reaction, with little basis in reality and is a big indicator of a lack of research.
Keeping on topic, I'm glad that the teachers don't actually forget what occurred thanks to Crazy Nurse and they just use it as their launchpad with Matsu. Good continuity.
I know Suzuka remembers, and Mei doesn't, but have we seen anything from the others? I haven't touched this since it's release/s. Or is this you accidently revealing stuff we shouldn't know :p

Personally, I'm not a fan of the orgy, due to it feeling like Crazy Nurse swooped in and robbed the scene of narrative consequences. I'd have also preferred if the scene happed much later, after we fucked Mei, Hina and Ina. That's been my main issue with Crazy Nurse in general. She tends to render scenes pointless narratively by making people forget everything, like that one scene with Haruka.

I hope you're right in that everyone else remembers though. That would ease some of my issues with it.

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
I don't think Blue's out to scam anyone. I am, however, disappointed that the month one merge is suffering the same issues the week one merge had, would've hoped he came out of that with some lessons learnt.

But yeah, people should definitely be conscious with their money. Though I don't think this forum is the best place to spread that message. The majority of us aren't paying at all.
It's true this site is full of pirates, but its great advertisement as there're plenty of subscribers/"crowd-investors" here as well. After all, no one would ever see a dime from pirates anyway.

Bringing things back on topic, what are you looking forward to seeing in post-Month 1 releases?
I last played in February '20, and got meme'd on with "month one merge will be done soon". I honestly don't even remember who the characters are anymore. I do remember that Tomoe is a-fucking-cute though.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I don't think Blue's out to scam anyone. I am, however, disappointed that the month one merge is suffering the same issues the week one merge had, would've hoped he came out of that with some lessons learnt.

It's true this site is full of pirates, but its great advertisement as there're plenty of subscribers/"crowd-investors" here as well. After all, no one would ever see a dime from pirates anyway.

I last played in February '20, and got meme'd on with "month one merge will be done soon". I honestly don't even remember who the characters are anymore. I do remember that Tomoe is a-fucking-cute though.
I think Week 1 may have been rushed out the door, which is why Month 1 is taking so long. Week 1 was kind of a mess, and part of Month 1 is fixing that. Hopefully the wait will have lead to a better foundation than Week 1.

Month 1 wasn't in development that early. Feb '20 was when we were getting monthly releases I think. But yeah, Tomoe is pretty damn cute. Which is funny, considering she initially came off as a bad bitch.

Reactions: Alfredsbutler

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Except people do criticise some aspects of this, and don't get called trolls. The issue we have is that it's the same kind of people that you see pop up in the thread of every game here that takes a while between updates, and start talking about a conspiracy about Devs scamming their patrons.

The thing is, you'd need to be an idiot to do that. Any quick cash you make isn't going to be worth the damage to your reputation after the fact. There's also plenty of circumstantial evidence that shows that once this merge drops, updates will go back to monthly releases, because that's exactly what happened after the Week 1 merge. If someone has legitimate proof that a dev is scamming it's patrons, sure, show us, but in the majority of cases it's just an emotional outrage based reaction, with little basis in reality and is a big indicator of a lack of research.

I know Suzuka remembers, and Mei doesn't, but have we seen anything from the others? I haven't touched this since it's release/s. Or is this you accidently revealing stuff we shouldn't know :p

Personally, I'm not a fan of the orgy, due to it feeling like Crazy Nurse swooped in and robbed the scene of narrative consequences. I'd have also preferred if the scene happed much later, after we fucked Mei, Hina and Ina. That's been my main issue with Crazy Nurse in general. She tends to render scenes pointless narratively by making people forget everything, like that one scene with Haruka.

I hope you're right in that everyone else remembers though. That would ease some of my issues with it.
Hina, Ina, and Suzuka all get their brains fucked out by Matsu a few days afterwards after a teacher's meeting. Momo was already highly into us before the incident, and we had interactions before the orgy. So really the only thing it took form us was Ina's first time being a bit ore memorable and Mei who is the only one who can't quite recall everything about the night. Hina wanted us from the start as well.

But yeah its not everyone forgot, its that Crazy nurse pushed the fat forward for Hina and Ina and Mei got swept up basically and doesn't remember, otherwise now its all the actually attractive female teachers are under Matsu's thumb.

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016

Yeah, you look more like the troll here.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Hina, Ina, and Suzuka all get their brains fucked out by Matsu a few days afterwards after a teacher's meeting. Momo was already highly into us before the incident, and we had interactions before the orgy. So really the only thing it took form us was Ina's first time being a bit ore memorable and Mei who is the only one who can't quite recall everything about the night. Hina wanted us from the start as well.

But yeah its not everyone forgot, its that Crazy nurse pushed the fat forward for Hina and Ina and Mei got swept up basically and doesn't remember, otherwise now its all the actually attractive female teachers are under Matsu's thumb.
I vaguely remember that, now that you mention it. Huh. I wonder how much other stuff I don't remember. It's been a while since I played. But yeah, fair point. I'd have preferred Mei be more aware of the situation when we took her anal cherry, but there are plenty of those to go around, I suppose.
Yeah, you look more like the troll here.
How so?

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
No he's being completely respectful to the situation and understanding how things are.
Sorry dude, nobody attacked him but instead of ignoring them he called them trolls, this is not respectful.

Well, wall of texts of simping and like I wrote above, calling people trolls who brought rightful criticism. Just ignore them if you don't care for this, because at the end this want stop like also all the same postings of people who still love this game so much for whatever reason.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Well, wall of texts of simping and like I wrote above, calling people trolls who brought rightful criticism. Just ignore them if you don't care for this, because at the end this want stop like also all the same postings of people who still love this game so much for whatever reason.
I didn't call anyone a troll. We actually had a civil back and forth, but it got deleted by a mod.

Reactions: Lucas Martinez

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I think Week 1 may have been rushed out the door, which is why Month 1 is taking so long. Week 1 was kind of a mess, and part of Month 1 is fixing that. Hopefully the wait will have lead to a better foundation than Week 1.
I think we are all hoping that BlueCat and his team can solve the overall problems with the development of Ecchi Sensei we've seen from the beginning. The content is quite good for the most part, but the way it has been released and the initial difficulty and later impossibility of transferring saves, as well as all the broken aspects of the current interface is an issue, obviously.

I'd rather wait until it is all fixed before next release, whether it takes 1 more month or 5 more months, rather than continue with the buggy, poorly functioning releases we have seen up to now. I wish BlueCat and his team would just clean up the code, fix or remove non-working interface elements, and most of all, just release every version as an add on to the existing version. Yes, I am sure some will complain that the release is now 25 GB in size, but just use 7zip and archive-split it into 5 GB chunks ( ). Or put it up as a torrent. Or, if you have to, release it as part 1 and then part 2, without any plans to merge later, like several games here. This is much better than releasing one day at a time, then doing a week merge that takes months to do, then releasing a few separate weeks, and then do a month merge that takes more months.

I understand that BlueCat and his team were learning from the beginning, which is completely understandable. But now that we have all seen the mess that splitting and merging has caused, just fix it now however long it takes, and eliminate the need to ever merge in the future.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I think we are all hoping that BlueCat and his team can solve the overall problems with the development of Ecchi Sensei we've seen from the beginning. The content is quite good for the most part, but the way it has been released and the initial difficulty and later impossibility of transferring saves, as well as all the broken aspects of the current interface is an issue, obviously.

I'd rather wait until it is all fixed before next release, whether it takes 1 more month or 5 more months, rather than continue with the buggy, poorly functioning releases we have seen up to now. I wish BlueCat and his team would just clean up the code, fix or remove non-working interface elements, and most of all, just release every version as an add on to the existing version. Yes, I am sure some will complain that the release is now 25 GB in size, but just use 7zip and archive-split it into 5 GB chunks ( ). Or put it up as a torrent. Or, if you have to, release it as part 1 and then part 2, without any plans to merge later, like several games here. This is much better than releasing one day at a time, then doing a week merge that takes months to do, then releasing a few separate weeks, and then do a month merge that takes more months.

I understand that BlueCat and his team were learning from the beginning, which is completely understandable. But now that we have all seen the mess that splitting and merging has caused, just fix it now however long it takes, and eliminate the need to ever merge in the future.
For what it's worth, I think cleaning up the code and making the file sizes smaller is some of the issues that were to be sorted in the Month 1 Merge. Week 1 was so bloated, I'm pretty sure all of Month 1 is going to be smaller. Plus a bunch of other stuff. I think the actual merging part of the Month 1 merge, is probably the part causing the least hassle.

If all goes as planned, then I think the plan for 6 Month Merge and the Final Merge is just to slap it all together, Maybe fix a few bugs that cropped up later. In theory, the next two merges shouldn't take this long. That does depend on this merge going as planned though, which it may not.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
But yeah, Tomoe is pretty damn cute. Which is funny, considering she initially came off as a bad bitch.
Initially, I didn't like either of the secret marriages. If MC is going to be a perv, he should just go for it, and secret weddings didn't seem like it would work. However, now that we have the beginnings of a secret wives club that helps MC, I can get behind that. I really want to see Matsu allow Saki to learn more about what is really happening at the oppai club. I understand he doesn't want to share her, but I think there are plenty of pervy things she could be doing there that would be fun.

Apr 19, 2020
Sorry dude, nobody attacked him but instead of ignoring them he called them trolls, this is not respectful.

It wasn't really 'rightful criticism'. They called the developers scammers and said anyone who supported them were bootlickers. Just because you agree with them, does not make anyone who disagrees with them a troll. And simping? Projecting onto other people is really sad

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
It wasn't really 'rightful criticism'. They called the developers scammers and said anyone who supported them were bootlickers. Just because you agree with them, does not make anyone who disagrees with them a troll. And simping? Projecting onto other people is really sad
The thing is, there is no way to really know at the moment. it's not like any of us know what is really going on with ES, and how much actual work is going on behind the scenes. Anyone that says they know one way or the other, unless they have an inside connection with the dev team, is just total speculation. We had a serious of flawed, but high content releases over the last year, that have slowed down to a snail's pace. I remember about 8 months ago (I don't feel like searching for forums to find out for sure), BlueCat said that he hired a accomplished programmer to enhance the game, and fix all the problems. So far, everything has gotten much worse. But I am willing to give BlueCat and his team the benefit of the doubt, and assume they are working on fixing it and eventually will get back on a reasonable track. As far as the other patrons? Lots of people have enough disposable income to spend $5 to $20 a month for a game or two they like, so if they are happy with the track record here, and want to keep their cash flowing, it only helps the game in the long run. If everyone cancelled their pledges every time there was a delay, I don't think many games would continue. Would you (those calling for mass patron boycott) want to continue to work on a game that the fans abandoned? I wouldn't.

We will just have to wait until the next update with no new content that supposedly will fix all the long-standing problems with ES, and then wait again for the following update to see actual new content, whenever that is in the next 4 to 6 months, and then we will all see.

Reactions: Lucas Martinez
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes