PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I am looking forward to it as well, but deep down I know I´ll be dissapointed. I replayaed the parts quite a lot, and seeing them all together is going to be cool, but as far as I know, there won´t be anything extremely new in the merge.... So like: "Yeah, I´ve seen all of this. Now more waiting..."
I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how the holiday side things get added. I'm sure some will just be more dream sequences, but others might tweak the story a little, which will be interesting to see.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I dont know what you guys think about it, but for me its a fact: The more time the update is taking, the less interested i am about it.
Slowly but surely Ecchi Sensei is moving into the land of oblivion.
For me it is not so much the delay in development, those that have been here awhile are used to delays. There are developers that I like a lot and respect and even support on Patreon that haven't had an update in 6 months. It is the fact that BlueCat refuses to communicate with his Patrons, seems to have no plan B if the actual developer stays sick or just decides to do something else with his life, and appears not to be in charge of his own game. If he just sent out a weekly update with some sort of information, something like "Hey guys, the key programmer is still under the weather this week, but we got a few code updates, and I am working on the renders for the next update. Let's hope next week has better news.", it would show that he actually values all the people that have been giving him money all these years.

Since BlueCat doesn't do this, it just shows that he doesn't care about his fans or his patrons. Skummy, who I appreciate, can say whatever he wants, but BlueCat is the developer, and BlueCat is the one receiving money to develop his game. It is his responsibility to let his fans know why development is stalled, why he hasn't paused his Patreon, and when the fans can expect some progress. Not a good look for a developer that relies on donations for his game to proceed. Communicating with the fans is a key part of the donation model. Maybe he is bitter about something, but this doesn't bode well for the future of the game, in my opinion. Is he just waiting around until the monthly donations on Patreon drops below a certain amount, say $2000 a month, and then he will finally do something? Like find someone else to work on the game? Nobody knows, and BlueCat isn't telling.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
For me it is not so much the delay in development, those that have been here awhile are used to delays. There are developers that I like a lot and respect and even support on Patreon that haven't had an update in 6 months. It is the fact that BlueCat refuses to communicate with his Patrons, seems to have no plan B if the actual developer stays sick or just decides to do something else with his life, and appears not to be in charge of his own game. If he just sent out a weekly update with some sort of information, something like "Hey guys, the key programmer is still under the weather this week, but we got a few code updates, and I am working on the renders for the next update. Let's hope next week has better news.", it would show that he actually values all the people that have been giving him money all these years.

Since BlueCat doesn't do this, it just shows that he doesn't care about his fans or his patrons. Skummy, who I appreciate, can say whatever he wants, but BlueCat is the developer, and BlueCat is the one receiving money to develop his game. It is his responsibility to let his fans know why development is stalled, why he hasn't paused his Patreon, and when the fans can expect some progress. Not a good look for a developer that relies on donations for his game to proceed. Communicating with the fans is a key part of the donation model. Maybe he is bitter about something, but this doesn't bode well for the future of the game, in my opinion. Is he just waiting around until the monthly donations on Patreon drops below a certain amount, say $2000 a month, and then he will finally do something? Like find someone else to work on the game? Nobody knows, and BlueCat isn't telling.
Ok, I do agree with you but here's a different perspective on this. From a dev's perspective BlueCat is free to communicate or not with the community. There are almost always going to be toxic people in any community and some people simply can't handle that and find it's better to just not interact. I don't know if that's blue's reason or not but it is his choice. Obviously though not communicating with your audience has it's consequences and as much as people like skummy are trying to keep things calm the constant messages about people being upset about the lack of communication and updates is blue's own fault for choosing not to interact.

For me personally I think that it's always better to be active in your community. And yes, it would obviously be better for us devs if there weren't any trolls or toxicity (criticism is fine, toxicity and trolling is just unnecessary). Unfortunately, that really isn't a reasonable expectation in online communities and if you aren't ready to face that then you should either deal with the consequences and not whine about it or officially hire someone who can. In the case of blue, he's making enough that he should actually hire skummy or someone like him to take on the PR role and engage the community, and yes every community not just the patrons.

As for the future of the game, his silence doesn't really indicate anything either way. I only started this game around end of the second week or beginning of third so I don't know for certain but from other's comments it seems like silence from blue is fairly normal and so far it hasn't really had any impact on the game itself. Of cource it's always possible that it's different now since absolutely everything seems to hinge on this one individual (which is a pretty bad way to build a team but whatever) but it's not like any of us can do anything to get them to feel better sooner.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Ok, I do agree with you but here's a different perspective on this. From a dev's perspective BlueCat is free to communicate or not with the community.
If you are talking about F95, I agree with you. However, BlueCat owes his paying customers regular status updates on his Patreon. I personally never subscribe to a developer's Patreon if they are not at least occasionally active here. That is just me. Others have a different opinion I am sure. Sure, I know some developers don't like F95, but that is where the fans are, and where they can pick up new subscribers. I'll bet 70 to 80 percent of BlueCat's subscribers found out and played his game here first.

However, I don't begrudge any developer that doesn't want to hang out here, and chat with the fans. I won't support them on Patreon, but I am fine with it if they want to stick to posting updates on their Patreon account. At least it shows they care and have at least given some thought to their game in the last week or two. However, a dev that won't even give status updates for months to his paying customers? That is a dev that has given up caring anymore, and is not a good sign for the future of their game. If Bluecat is so bitter, because of a sick member, that he abandons his paying fans, while still bringing in almost $5,000 a month? Well, you tell me what that is.

it is Blue's choice, as you say, but Skummy is not a member of the dev team, and from hearing him here he has no idea what Bluecat plans are if this sick person remains sick, or how long he is going to wait. No knock on him of course, but he doesn't know what he doesn't know.

BlueCat is free to do what he likes, even drop the game completely. But he is bleeding supporters on his Patron, and I think a lot of us here will have a bad taste in our mouth if an update ever shows up, just because of the way BlueCat has been ignoring his long time paying fans. I follow a lot of games here, and other than the ones that were eventually abandoned, I can't think of a single example of a dev that goes months without status updates, at least on their Patreon.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Is there a way to skip certain content even with the darkmode enabled? just started and I'm not really into the youngest family member(s)
???
NM
I was in a different thread in my head

I am not sure that family is optional... I never even tried. You can skip other non-relative girls but Himiko maybe not....

Zoranian

Jun 26, 2017
Anyone knows how to re-enable the in game menu that the Lain's mod recommends disabling? or better yet the auto-forward button?

Dasati

May 30, 2017
Is there a way to skip certain content even with the dark mind enabled? just started and I'm not really into the youngest family member(s)
Yes and no. No you can't skip her entirely, but you can choose to skip over the lewd scenes. They still happen canonically you just don't see them.

woops

Jun 22, 2017
Any news after that 'im sorry but my team is sick so we will milk you for another few months before I will update the thing or just told u the game was dropped for a while'? Have to ask since I canceled on his patreon.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jeancul

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
I see sadness, that sucks :3 I see Tomoe, that's awesome. I see people talking about me, needs to be said I know plenty that I just don't tell anyone, because I'm never quite sure how much I should share. Just because I'm not on Dev team, doesn't mean I'm not very aware of what's going on, I just have to chose my words carefully. All that being said, Blue does as he do, and he personally just hates giving updates without any real information, feels its just a waste to keep repeating the same shit over and over. If not liking it, I'm sorry, can't do shit about it and just gonna keep sitting and waiting as progress trickles back into things.

Also game isn't abandoned, team member IS actually unwell and it's not something that goes away quickly, not milking as everyone has the potential to stop supporting whenever they want. News is that progress is in a stop start kind of mood right now, don't like it? See above.

No question today, a bit out of it and can't think of anything good, my bad, still...

Stay Healthy, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Is there a way to skip certain content even with the dark mind enabled? just started and I'm not really into the youngest family member(s)
Every sex scene has a Skip button. It still happens canonically, but you don't have to see it. You can also go into the options and untick what kinks you don't want to come across.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
The game should be marked as abandoned though.Its already past 6 months now.
They're currently working on a full Portuguese translation. That's the game being worked on. So, no it shouldn't.

More importantly, the game isn't actually abandoned. Did you mean On Hold?

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
They're currently working on a full Portuguese translation. That's the game being worked on. So, no it shouldn't.

More importantly, the game isn't actually abandoned. Did you mean On Hold?
I've been wondering about that. Did anyone even request a Portuguese translation or did they just decide to do it for the sole purpose of saying there's work being done just to avoid the on hold tag. I ask because it's really odd either way. On the one hand it doesn't seem very likely that there would be anyone who's asking for a Portuguese translation but on the other the team itself has as good as abandoned this website so why should they care if it gets an on hold tag. Really, all the nitpicking about "no it isn't on hold because work that nobody here cares about is being done" isn't doing the game any favours.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I've been wondering about that. Did anyone even request a Portuguese translation or did they just decide to do it for the sole purpose of saying there's work being done just to avoid the on hold tag. I ask because it's really odd either way. On the one hand it doesn't seem very likely that there would be anyone who's asking for a Portuguese translation but on the other the team itself has as good as abandoned this website so why should they care if it gets an on hold tag. Really, all the nitpicking about "no it isn't on hold because work that nobody here cares about is being done" isn't doing the game any favours.
That's also, as far as we've been made aware, not the only thing that's being worked on. BC is also appararantly getting things ready for future days, but the Portuguese is the only thing that we know the details on. Skummy has also said progress is slowly getting back on track, so even without it, it's still being worked on.

The Portuguese translation has been something planned since the Week 1 merge, if I'm remembering correctly, along with a bunch of other languages, so it's probably not just a delaying tactic to avoid an "On Hold" or "Abandoned" tag.

And I'm sure people who prefer to read in Portuguese care. Just because the people of the this English speaking website don't care, doesn't mean noone at all does.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
That's also, as far as we've been made aware, not the only thing that's being worked on. BC is also appararantly getting things ready for future days, but the Portuguese is the only thing that we know the details on. Skummy has also said progress is slowly getting back on track, so even without it, it's still being worked on.

The Portuguese translation has been something planned since the Week 1 merge, if I'm remembering correctly, along with a bunch of other languages, so it's probably not just a delaying tactic to avoid an "On Hold" or "Abandoned" tag.

And I'm sure people who prefer to read in Portuguese care. Just because the people of the this English speaking website don't care, doesn't mean noone at all does.
But that's the point, the on hold tag only affects this website and with nothing concrete from the dev team other than the Portuguese translation then for this site alone it's probably proper to add the on hold tag for now until something concrete comes directly from the dev team. I am saying this as a dev myself and would expect the same consideration if my game ended up in the same situation.

Reactions: Skalli and Smarmint
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes