RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Did someone say the merge was going to add a sandbox? If so, that's kind of disappointing. I understand the criticism that sometimes certain characters get skipped over for a while, but I personally don't think a sandbox has ever made a game better. If there's genuinely no grinding included, maybe it'd be fine, but I'm still not a fan of being able to complete someone's whole story quickly and then just do every one by one character one by one. Would this change the whole Day/Week plot structure of the game, as well?
Based on what we know, it will be optional scenes that are only available in the after school section. You're not forced to skip any if you don't want to so I'm assuming the scenes that are available on a specific day, are only available on that day. I don't think there will be any risk of blasting through peoples content.

Reactions: lonelygale

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Game is still a day by day visual novel, the sandbox elements are strictly for you to choose which girls you intend to give your extra attention to and have some minor dialogue over the next day on weekdays. It does not adversely affect the actual gameplay in any way.

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
It may sound harsh but somebody have to say it anyway. This project/game is now looks like a sinking ship just coz BC lost over control of it and need getting rid of unefficent crew members and just keep translator while trying to find new ones. I think many games was abandoned for bad managment. If u have working hands and sane mind u can work anyway like I and many others did. I don't want accuse anybody for slacking and have no right for it but this is how capitalism works. There shouldn't be non replacent members coz game could just will die if somebody want to quit. Merge defenders say that it was voted by patrons but if u ask them if they'll knew how it turn out would they do it again? I think that answer is no. And I think that their alpha version was ready in time just there were billions of bugs and they just still trying to fix them so merge became total fail.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
It may sound harsh but somebody have to say it anyway. This project/game is now looks like a sinking ship just coz BC lost over control of it and need getting rid of unefficent crew members and just keep translator while trying to find new ones. I think many games was abandoned for bad managment. If u have working hands and sane mind u can work anyway like I and many others did. I don't want accuse anybody for slacking and have no right for it but this is how capitalism works. There shouldn't be non replacent members coz game could just will die if somebody want to quit. Merge defenders say that it was voted by patrons but if u ask them if they'll knew how it turn out would they do it again? I think that answer is no. And I think that their alpha version was ready in time just there were billions of bugs and they just still trying to fix them so merge became total fail.
Ehhhhh incorrect on many fronts, sorry but that's not how this works and that's not how one should view this project. Also, that's not how capitalism works, its far more interconnected and thoughtful than simply what breeds the best short term gains, despite long term consequences. Merge is chugging along as it is right now, with steady progress back on track, though no clear point on when the alpha version will be given to testers.

This isn't a case of bad management, it's a case of inexperience in the process. Growing pains? they happen, bad management leads to total derailment, not to having to navigate extreme instances of work stoppage for unforeseen issues. As far as how the team has handled it? Pretty well, as there should be no severe delays in when the Merge is finalized and when we will see the next update after, because behind the scenes more work was being done and not just sitting and twiddling thumbs.

The crew was not inefficient, they were dealing with major health issues-that is not a case for unreasonable dismissal, and is actually highly unethical and immoral to even consider. There are reasons there are laws against it, you can't just fire someone for being unwell.

Also, if given the choice? I would tell any naysayer to suck it up we're doing it again, this is what's best for all parties because it leads to the whole thing being handled in one big swing up. Instead of constantly trying to fix and patch issues as things go by.

Bluecat and his team have grown over the years since the worse early days, they're continue to grow and learn form their mistakes. While you have the right to be critical of them, I as well have the right to be critical of what you have to say, and point out the flaws in your argument. This goes out to everyone, simply because I choose to defend my position, and the development team, does not turn me into a brainwashed moron.

This merge is nearly over, be patient and wait it out, for real this time. This project is far from dead, and we're about to get back into normalcy.

Stay Healthy, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
No one cares what you think in your reality!
BC makes the game
He is working on it.
You can believe he is not
But people paying money obviously disagree
Your thinking doesn't change the FACT they are still paying
You have no evidence otherwise
So you came here to say what a dozen other people have said (so your first line is kind of off base)
Which is they (and you) don't believe what patrons/subs of the game are saying or what BC has said elsewhere

OK. You said it now, people who do believe should be left in peace. Goodbye

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
No one cares what you think in your reality!
BC makes the game
He is working on it.
You can believe he is not
But people paying money obviously disagree
Your thinking doesn't change the FACT they are still paying
You have no evidence otherwise
So you came here to say what a dozen other people have said (so your first line is kind of off base)
Which is they (and you) don't believe what patrons/subs of the game are saying or what BC has said elsewhere

OK. You said it now, people who do believe should be left in peace. Goodbye
Relax and let it be. We don't really want to go over everything that's been discussed all over again.

Reactions: HandofVecna

Raven Tomoe

Aug 21, 2019
I am not touching that topic again, haha. But Raven Tomoe , do you have any interest in Kaede scenes? I miss Kaede and we haven't gotten many good scenes with her in the actual game.
I do plan on doing some I already recreated Aki and did Satsune as well next plan is Kaede on the family list once I recreate her I be thinking up scene ideas between them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Skalli and Smarmint

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Skummy, since you talk with BlueCat I was wondering a few things:

1) Does BlueCat himself have much to do regarding the merge? It sounds like from your comments before that he is more the artist, character poser and dialog writer, so the merge is handled primarily by the other team members, right?

2) Does BlueCat have the technical ability to create and release stand-alone updates, like the Halloween update, but with main story content? I am not a Renpy expert (though I know Python well), and since Ecchi Sensei has very few (basically zero) meaningful choices so far, there isn't much if anything to program, and no variables to keep track of.

3) If BlueCat can release stand-alone updates, why doesn't he release another day of content that all his fans and supporters can play to tide us over, since it has been over 6 months and more to come before any new content?

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019

1) Does BlueCat himself have much to do regarding the merge? It sounds like from your comments before that he is more the artist, character poser and dialog writer, so the merge is handled primarily by the other team members, right?

2) Does BlueCat have the technical ability to create and release stand-alone updates, like the Halloween update, but with main story content? I am not a Renpy expert (though I know Python well), and since Ecchi Sensei has very few (basically zero) meaningful choices so far, there isn't much if anything to program, and no variables to keep track of.

3) If BlueCat can release stand-alone updates, why doesn't he release another day of content that all his fans and supporters can play to tide us over, since it has been over 6 months and more to come before any new content?
Regarding 3, I believe the intent is to build new days on top of the merge and it's fixes. If I'm interpreting it right, releasing new days would render the merge redundant unless they remade the prematurely released days after the merge finally came out. At least if I'm understanding what we've been told correctly. I'm far from an expert on any of this.

Couldn't say anything either way on 1 & 2 though.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Regarding 3, I believe the intent is to build new days on top of the merge and it's fixes. If I'm interpreting it right, releasing new days would render the merge redundant unless they remade the prematurely released days after the merge finally came out. At least if I'm understanding what we've been told correctly. I'm far from an expert on any of this.
Yes, I see what you mean. You make a good point. I was more thinking that once the programmer is back on track, he can add the new day, to the merge before it is released, so we all get the best of both worlds, a working merged game with fixed features, and some new content.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Yes, I see what you mean. You make a good point. I was more thinking that once the programmer is back on track, he can add the new day, to the merge before it is released, so we all get the best of both worlds, a working merged game with fixed features, and some new content.
That would definitely be nice, yeah.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019

Well shit has to be added, like all the character info, calendar shit, things that weren't included originally. Because they knew they were gonna fix it during merge anyways, since these were non functional parts of the game. Essentially doing all the work once the old hardcode was ripped out and the new cleaner stuff was in play. So yeah he's currently working generally long hours to get that stuff operable now that the files have been properly merged together.

Bluecat doesn't do code, so no making more days, sorry but gonna have to wait till after merge for content-but everything will work and no more of this "Which weeks do I download?"

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes