Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Merge occurs because it was always meant to occur, it was planned from the start by the patrons, that we would handle it this way as it was the easiest solution to the issue to come. This was always going to culminate one way or another, as developers learn and grow things have to change, there was no avoiding a costly merging process. All at once is the only sane way to do it, or else it would take forever. Better to get it all completed right now and then work from there on.

If you ever wanna blame anyone, blame patrons we voted and said tis what we wanted, consequences be damned. We're getting nearer and nearer the finish line, I'll let everyone know the second things change.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

Vladimir_xyz

Feb 28, 2021
Merge occurs because it was always meant to occur, it was planned from the start by the patrons, that we would handle it this way as it was the easiest solution to the issue to come. This was always going to culminate one way or another, as developers learn and grow things have to change, there was no avoiding a costly merging process. All at once is the only sane way to do it, or else it would take forever. Better to get it all completed right now and then work from there on.

If you ever wanna blame anyone, blame patrons we voted and said tis what we wanted, consequences be damned. We're getting nearer and nearer the finish line, I'll let everyone know the second things change.
i agree fpr the most part but the finish line is 365 a full in game year.

verzauberung

May 5, 2017
havent played in over a year. by now is it revealed who mao's father is and what happned to Hiroko in the past?
back when i played it was implied that she was raped by her dad.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
I'm still wondering why, and the meaning of this long/eternal merging.
Every game has phases (vol.1, vol.2 ecc.), so far only a little of renpy games can afford to have a single playthrough.
So why bother for a huge game like Ecchi Sensei?
What is wrong with going on like past years, with a Week 1, Week 2 organization?
That really blows my mind. o_O
The merge was always planned, but a big part of it is fixing bugs and optimizing the code. Right now saves don't transfer between weeks so your choices don't matter, but after the merge all weeks will work together. Right now alternate languages are coded in such a way that they take up a ton of extra space, but after the merge they'll take up far less space and be much easier to add when new translations are done. Right now the phone doesn't really work and Bluecat is just using the text message screen to fill in the parts where it's necessary, but after the merge the phone should fully work giving players access to character profiles and much more at any point while playing. Future updates after the merge will continue like the old with new weeks being released monthly. The merge is just them cleaning up the foundation and fixing the cracks so that all those future updates are easier to build without breaking anything.

viclog1

Aug 5, 2016

Wait. Games like DMD have a Chapter1/Ch.2/Ch.3 and so on organization. Their developers didn't merge anything (and you fill a little questionary ad the beginning of every chapter).

• Love

viclog1

Aug 5, 2016
The merge was always planned, but a big part of it is fixing bugs and optimizing the code. Right now saves don't transfer between weeks so your choices don't matter, but after the merge all weeks will work together. Right now alternate languages are coded in such a way that they take up a ton of extra space, but after the merge they'll take up far less space and be much easier to add when new translations are done. Right now the phone doesn't really work and Bluecat is just using the text message screen to fill in the parts where it's necessary, but after the merge the phone should fully work giving players access to character profiles and much more at any point while playing. Future updates after the merge will continue like the old with new weeks being released monthly. The merge is just them cleaning up the foundation and fixing the cracks so that all those future updates are easier to build without breaking anything.
So, again: all this worth the wait of one year or more (for the gamer) and the loss of many followers (for the developer)?

• Thinking Face

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
This is quickly getting into the " WTF is going on, this is ridiculous" territory. I do however think the devs aren't intentionally milking. I think they've realized their coding is really bad and they've spent the past months trying to unweave the code they've woven and can't figure out how to make it work.

The best course of action, if they can't figure out how to make it work soon, is to abandon the merge and just split the game like DMD and some of the other larger games are. Start fresh with new code, instead of trying to fix the unfixable.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
I was patron for three years, until last week.
These things happen, game will bounce back and when you feel Bluecat has earned it, you may become a patron once again when the regular updates start back up in force.

Might I ask, did you choose for the lumped up Merges or did you make one of the other votes? Simply curious, and I completely understand why you would stop supporting when there is legit no output.

I for one still pay, but that's out fo trust and the nature of my relationship with everyone more than anything to do with current output (IE none)

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
I was patron for three years, until last week.
Aye, same
This is quickly getting into the " WTF is going on, this is ridiculous" territory. I do however think the devs aren't intentionally milking. I think they've realized their coding is really bad and they've spent the past months trying to unweave the code they've woven and can't figure out how to make it work.

The best course of action, if they can't figure out how to make it work soon, is to abandon the merge and just split the game like DMD and some of the other larger games are. Start fresh with new code, instead of trying to fix the unfixable.
I think it's too late to abandon the merge now. Not only because it's been too long, and it would look terrible. But because it means everything that's currently broken will remain broken for a long time. If they started fresh from now, it would take another year at least to remake the game, based on how this has been. Apparently they are nearly done with it, so it would make sense to finish it and move from there

viclog1

Aug 5, 2016
Might I ask, did you choose for the lumped up Merges or did you make one of the other votes? Simply curious, and I completely understand why you would stop supporting when there is legit no output.
I think I voted for the merge, the additional bonus in the game seemed good at the time. But surely I'd voted against it if I'd know that the game itself would stop completely for months and months. If I rememeber correctly, Blue said that updates (specials and episode set in the past) would pop up more or less costantly even during the merge.

Asherandai

Sep 20, 2018
It wont be abandoned
I've heard that before... usually shortly before a game is abandoned.

I'm too lazy to read through several hundred posts since I was last here... What's the latest? Did the other dev ever return, or is anything else happening?

Also I tried but couldn't find the Yuki game someone mentioned a long time ago. Don't know if it still exists... or maybe I'm just going crazy and my brain is inventing things that never happened. Also a possibility...

• Yay, new update!

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I'm too lazy to read through several hundred posts since I was last here... What's the latest? Did the other dev ever return, or is anything else happening?
Then don't be surprised if people are "too unmotivated" to give you what you want. At least your honest about being too lazy to do your own research.

kaken

Oct 12, 2017
i write this again - xmas/ny special wasn't released - it is first step to don't give them money in patronite. Before that they do special and normal releases in time... now they all try merge it and nothing show for that, only few words about new problems...

• Angry
Reactions: Dragon59

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
I've heard that before... usually shortly before a game is abandoned.

Also I tried but couldn't find the Yuki game someone mentioned a long time ago. Don't know if it still exists... or maybe I'm just going crazy and my brain is inventing things that never happened. Also a possibility...
Development on merge is in home stretch, but unsure of timeframes until there is a playtest version sent out.

That is all the information available to be given.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes