Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
i write this again - xmas/ny special wasn't released - it is first step to don't give them money in patronite. Before that they do special and normal releases in time... now they all try merge it and nothing show for that, only few words about new problems...
And people are giving it the attention it deserves...again.

arms99

May 11, 2018
I think I voted for the merge, the additional bonus in the game seemed good at the time. But surely I'd voted against it if I'd know that the game itself would stop completely for months and months.
Yeah, that was a mistake. I voted against it after the disaster of the week 1 merger. I remember blue promising that the merger would go smoothly and wouldn't take longer than a regular update, but after the wreck that was the week 1 merger I doubted he could pull it off and looks like I was right, this merger is going much worse than the last one.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Yeah, that was a mistake. I voted against it after the disaster of the week 1 merger. I remember blue promising that the merger would go smoothly and wouldn't take longer than a regular update, but after the wreck that was the week 1 merger I doubted he could pull it off and looks like I was right, this merger is going much worse than the last one.
June 20, 2020 was when 20+21 came out, Almost a year for a merge. I regret voting for the merge back then. I was under the impression it would speed up the process of updates. That was a foolish mistake.

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
Considering that updates were going to a pretty fast clip, like seriously, just check out how many days were released between January-June of 2020. I have absolutely no idea why any patron would have voted for the merge. Were they that unsatisfied by the visual novel style that they just needed those sandbox elements?

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Considering that updates were going to a pretty fast clip, like seriously, just check out how many days were released between January-June of 2020. I have absolutely no idea why any patron would have voted for the merge. Were they that unsatisfied by the visual novel style that they just needed those sandbox elements?
The sandbox was getting implemented regardless, I think. So, the vote wasn't motivated by that. It's still a visual novel though. The "sandbox" just adds optional scenes. No grinding or anything.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Vote was about how we wanted merges handled, all at once, spread out, or bite sized pieces. All at once is the clearly best solution as it gets all the pain and suffering out of the way in one giant go, and the foundation becomes settled which means no more major headaches from here on out on major systems breaking.

Sandbox elements were voted on by patrons, and so they get implemented after the merge. It just takes sitting and waiting at this point.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Glad to hear that he is okay But merging the whole month is not a good idea
Hindsight is often 20/20. I expect it seemed a good idea at the time, and I understand a majority of patrons agreed. One positive point is that by making all the material more consistent, future updates will be easier.

I sorta' wish they were able a couple of developers to that specific task, so that the original team could still move forward. I expect it would still have been a problem because the new material would still need to be in compliance with the new structure.

Jan 25, 2018
Hindsight is often 20/20. I expect it seemed a good idea at the time, and I understand a majority of patrons agreed. One positive point is that by making all the material more consistent, future updates will be easier.

I sorta' wish they were able a couple of developers to that specific task, so that the original team could still move forward. I expect it would still have been a problem because the new material would still need to be in compliance with the new structure.
I know but merging everything is too much for them and maybe there will be multiple of bugs that could cause trouble to them
but if its their idea and the patreons agreed with that so its okay hope they can did it clearly because merging your past works together (the past 3 weeks ) and then add the final week is a very tough situation for the developers unless they gonna remake the past 3 weeks and then added the final week which in this case will take a very long long time to make but it will reduce the chances of the bugs

Reactions: Dragon59

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Merge needed to be done one way or another, can't have faulting foundations. You also can't have development on more days if the foundation isn't done yet, you need to be patient and wait for it to be built first before you move on to other parts. So while it is not fun to wait, it is very much a needed process.

Its better than having the merging be spread out, causing more bugs, waiting longer for features to be fixed, having just this mounting slog to keep going through. Instead its legit getting all done in one go!

We're almost there, just please lets all settle in for just a bit longer :)

sam1234567

May 5, 2018
Merge needed to be done one way or another, can't have faulting foundations. You also can't have development on more days if the foundation isn't done yet, you need to be patient and wait for it to be built first before you move on to other parts. So while it is not fun to wait, it is very much a needed process.

Its better than having the merging be spread out, causing more bugs, waiting longer for features to be fixed, having just this mounting slog to keep going through. Instead its legit getting all done in one go!

We're almost there, just please lets all settle in for just a bit longer :)
i get what you mean and normally id agree but to be honest if the choice is either have a buggy game or nothing its a pretty easy choice

DualWolf

Aug 10, 2018
i get what you mean and normally id agree but to be honest if the choice is either have a buggy game or nothing its a pretty easy choice
Then you'd have other people constantly complaining the game is buggy, how lazy the dev team is for not fixing it and they'd rather have no game for a while than a buggy mess.

This merge has been a cluster-fuck all round, no one is really denying that but honestly, it was a no-win situation either way when it comes to people having complaints/issues. Either they complain about the lack of content caused by the merge, or they'd complain about the bugs in the content because there wasn't a merge.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes