Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Hey, Skummy. We get that it is super disorganized, like you have said, and I understand that you don't want to ask BlueCat too often for status updates, because you don't want to bother him. But do you think Bluecat understands enough about how it is going to give us all some idea of when the merge will be released? Are we talking about 1 more month? Three months? Six? He must have some idea by now after working on it for months, right?

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Hey, Skummy. We get that it is super disorganized, like you have said, and I understand that you don't want to ask BlueCat too often for status updates, because you don't want to bother him. But do you think Bluecat understands enough about how it is going to give us all some idea of when the merge will be released? Are we talking about 1 more month? Three months? Six? He must have some idea by now after working on it for months, right?
DISLCAIMER: This is not Bluecat's estimation, as he will not give one, I am just making a bet on the matter for myself and hoping I'm right. Do not assume my personal estimation is an official source, if such a claim is made, I will refer you back to this disclaimer. Good? Good.

The best I have is that a massive amount of work on other branches was just merged into the main branch of documentation, mostly pertaining to Bluecat's data entry for character info, and Project Manager doing lots of bugfixing.

I absolutely have no official estimations on time, I'm sorry to say, anything I tell you for wait time is what I'm calculating based on evidence at present.

This should be the last of the shit that needs worked this thoroughly, before playtests begin. Once that commences, it's gonna probably be either a solid month as the builds take two weeks each for testing, and then fixes of issues noticed by testers. That or some idiot will leak the unfinished shit, and people will scream and be mad butthurt its janky and I'll be like "That's the Alpha, the shit I'm supposed to be stress testing for bugs and errors"...

So at the bare minimum, don't expect some miracle release date for any time in June, my personal bet is feeling that at least by sometime July, the testers have a game to work with finally. That is pretty much a countdown for everyone else on public version.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
Higher tiered supporters can see the gitlab notifications, but yes as a general rule those of lower standing are not privy to the most up to date information that is available to the public. I have nothing that can be considered actual evidence as I am not the developer, and I get it, my posts only measure as much as you can trust Bluecat and how you see me as either trustworthy Patron or a Suckup.
I've been a fan of Ecchi Sensei since it's 1st release on here. BC used to post here once in a while at the time. That made the delay between releases a little less worrisome since he was keeping even the lowly pirates like us in the loop somewhat.

Not to put you down or anything here, you giving us some info is appreciated, but BC is the one that should tell us stuff. Even letting us know what the backend looked like, and what it looks like now, would at least alleviate the worries of a lot of people.

I personally don't mind the delays if it means a better quality product, which is why I've been completely quiet since the last release he's done and not pestering anyone about release dates and shit. However, you have to admit that being pretty much completely quiet here, when he used to be active, is going to leave a bad taste in some people's mouth.

In any case, I'll go back to my corner and stay quiet until he feels like the update is ready and publishes it. Until then, do keep my opinion in mind when some people are being a bit.. much..

kaken

Oct 12, 2017
Never ending story - when Xmas/NY didn't realase devs milking people. Who normal want compile month of game into one? Renpy isn't good for that size of archive and script...

• Wow
Reactions: viclog1 and Jeancul

viclog1

Aug 5, 2016
Never ending story - when Xmas/NY didn't realase devs milking people. Who normal want compile month of game into one? Renpy isn't good for that size of archive and script...
I'm still wondering why, and the meaning of this long/eternal merging.
Every game has phases (vol.1, vol.2 ecc.), so far only a little of renpy games can afford to have a single playthrough.
So why bother for a huge game like Ecchi Sensei?
What is wrong with going on like past years, with a Week 1, Week 2 organization?
That really blows my mind. o_O

Vidaura

Jan 30, 2020
I'm still wondering why, and the meaning of this long/eternal merging.
My best guess is they incurred a lot of technical debt early in the project, and it's finally come due. They're probably refactoring a lot of things to make it so everything doesn't fall to pieces whenever they try a merge, and all the little features like the character list actually work, and stuff like that.

Fixing bad design decisions from early in the process is never fun, but it only gets harder the longer you put it off.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul and viclog1
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes