huge43

Jul 2, 2017
I find I now have more interest in the thread arguments over the 'is the delay just milking it or not' debate, than the game itself, but given the date I will make a little prediction - after all many of us like a little gamble!

In the next few days there will be an 'update' from the dev proudly announcing all is well and things are afoot and the game is progressing and an update will arrive soon......just in time to satisfy the '3 month rule' to stop the game being tagged as abandoned or on hold (to the pedants who post the meaning of those, dont, we know), then silence again until the next 3 month period is up in September. I could be wrong, but thats the nature of a gamble!

I have been on the discord often, and the comments from the dev are mostly immaterial and/or unconnected to the game progress, so I dont see that as a source of reliable info. Maybe I'm not 'privileged' enough, but if privilege is your excuse, I have two words for you

I seem to recall one of the dev target promises was a live feed of future development work, which was in place for some time but now seems to have ended. Unless someone can point me to where that is, the removal/cessation of that is odd if its only the merge thats been delayed.

I intensely dislike the cancel culture which appears prevelant from supporters of this game. Its a forum. People are entitled to opinions. Stating they are wrong or offer no proof when frankly nothing has come from any developer source (I accept scummy has offered what insight he can, thank you for that), is no ground for trying to cancel opinions, including those reflective of complete absence of advancement of the project. Lets stick to healthy debate, eh?

to quote a poster - Huge out!

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
The bottom line is, you either believe the Dev team is actually working on it, or you don't. At this point no one is going to be able to sway anyone from one side of that line to the other, because we've heard all of the points on both sides over, and over, and over, and over again. That's where my frustration is. That there's no point to the discussion anymore. People have decided what side of the line in the sand they stand on, and the only thing that's going to make anyone step over the line is either more time with nothing to show for it, or the merge getting released.

Some people are trying to be civil, and I appreciate that. However, there are also definitely people on both sides of the line who seem to be purposefully trying to be spiteful, and stir up pointless animosity. Please stop. I'm on this thread so it's easier for me to get actual news about the game. To talk about the characters I like, maybe. Discuss my hopes for where the story might go, that kind of thing. Having to wade through what the thread has become is exhausting.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
'bout $3.50
Gawd dammit loch ness monstah is dat you again!? Why you comin up into this thread, about a game where a teacher fucks his students, and still askin for tree-fitty?!

In all seriousness, I lashed out because, well, I'm tired as shit and bored and frustrated IRL-so I take it out on outlets like people I dislike here. despite my nature a a generally lovable type when you see me on Discord, I'm a little less nice to those on this forum. Regardless, to take our minds off the sour nature of things, I'll rouse everyone up for another question.

Question Time!

If you could give Masae sight, but lose her as a love interest would you do it? Bear in mind while she is perfectly content, this is merely a hypothetical on if you wish to give her the fullness of a working body.

Would you go back and save Hiroko from her long term abuse before it began? Negating your entire life afterwards but ultimately setting a different timeline where your lovely wifey never had to suffer and could grow up caring for her sister with a family that loved her. Yeah I'm aware she is is happy with Matsu in the most complete sense, but this is hypotheticals! Shhhhhh, don't ruin the mood!

Would you prevent the rape of Hiroko, negating Mao, but sparing a trauma? We all love Mao, don't deny it, but at the same time, at present, its still unknown who attacked Hiroko and it could be interesting of an outcome.

If given the chance, would you turn your back of Raspo Academy at the start of things, before you knew what it would be, if you were hired outright for the Ministry of Education? A completely different kind of adventure awaiting there, I'm sure.

Would you take all the mothers of these girls into your harem alongside them if given the chance? ITs a lot, but then again, Matsu has stamina, why not take a whirl on the milf ride.

Would you rather be teaching one of the younger classes than the one you have now? A different set of students provides its own degree of challenges and rewards that what we currently face.

Milk then cereal? Cereal then milk? I know the right answer, I'm curious if the rest of you do too, yes its a silly question but nya shut up :3

Do you think Matsu knows the right answer to the question above? I bet he does, he's a smort boi.

Is this getting annoying yet? I'm almost done being a dork, one moment.

When it comes down to it, are you prepared for whatever comes next, once Day 22 comes to light after this Merge is finally behind us? I feel like I am, but I'm not really sure, its fun to think about the next thing of hijinks and if Himiko is ever gonna fucking get any! >:[ Like god dammit she was the thirstiest of the three and just....nope, not gonna scramble my eggs >.>

Finally, do you find Neko annoying? I find her hot, because I fucking love nekos.

That's all, yes its many questions rather than one, but I needed to get more creative.

Stay Patient, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
If you don‘t want to support above 1$, don‘t even bother. Can‘t deal with those penny pinchers.
Seriously though, why would you limit a lower tier while higher tiers are unlimited? When I see that the first thing that comes to mind is „I don‘t want support for my passion, I want cash.“ I‘d think people who publish their stuff via patreon or other crowdfunding sites would be glad about any support they can get. He could easily remove the lowest tier as he would only lose 50$. You don‘t even get access to the update if you subscribe to the lowest tier.
I am known for having a narrow view point and I‘d be glad if someone enlightened me as to what the reason behind this practice it.
You not seeing value in the specials, doesn't suddenly undo all the effort they put into working on them. It may not be what you want, but it's still work. They worked on it, it's work. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.
You are right. They put effort into it and it is work and I never said it‘s not work. It just leaves a sour aftertaste if you expect something specific and then get disappointed. Not telling them how they should develop their game, just that I feel their efforts are misplaced. Like when you were promised your favourite food for dinner and then get hit with the „Sorry, I didn‘t have time. Here have MY favourite food instead of yours which you like less than your favourite food.“ Sure, you should be thankful that someone cooked dinner for you. But if you don‘t feel disappointed that you don‘t get what you were promised after a hard day at work, you are a liar.

Feel free to pick this analogy apart. I‘m sure it‘s bad and doesn‘t accurately convey the point I‘m trying to make.

ser55

Jun 4, 2017
Gawd dammit loch ness monstah is dat you again!? Why you comin up into this thread, about a game where a teacher fucks his students, and still askin for tree-fitty?!

In all seriousness, I lashed out because, well, I'm tired as shit and bored and frustrated IRL-so I take it out on outlets like people I dislike here. despite my nature a a generally lovable type when you see me on Discord, I'm a little less nice to those on this forum. Regardless, to take our minds off the sour nature of things, I'll rouse everyone up for another question.

Question Time!

If you could give Masae sight, but lose her as a love interest would you do it? Bear in mind while she is perfectly content, this is merely a hypothetical on if you wish to give her the fullness of a working body.

Would you go back and save Hiroko from her long term abuse before it began? Negating your entire life afterwards but ultimately setting a different timeline where your lovely wifey never had to suffer and could grow up caring for her sister with a family that loved her. Yeah I'm aware she is is happy with Matsu in the most complete sense, but this is hypotheticals! Shhhhhh, don't ruin the mood!

Would you prevent the rape of Hiroko, negating Mao, but sparing a trauma? We all love Mao, don't deny it, but at the same time, at present, its still unknown who attacked Hiroko and it could be interesting of an outcome.

If given the chance, would you turn your back of Raspo Academy at the start of things, before you knew what it would be, if you were hired outright for the Ministry of Education? A completely different kind of adventure awaiting there, I'm sure.

Would you take all the mothers of these girls into your harem alongside them if given the chance? ITs a lot, but then again, Matsu has stamina, why not take a whirl on the milf ride.

Would you rather be teaching one of the younger classes than the one you have now? A different set of students provides its own degree of challenges and rewards that what we currently face.

Milk then cereal? Cereal then milk? I know the right answer, I'm curious if the rest of you do too, yes its a silly question but nya shut up :3

Do you think Matsu knows the right answer to the question above? I bet he does, he's a smort boi.

When it comes down to it, are you prepared for whatever comes next, once Day 22 comes to light after this Merge is finally behind us? I feel like I am, but I'm not really sure, its fun to think about the next thing of hijinks and if Himiko is ever gonna fucking get any! >:[ Like god dammit she was the thirstiest of the three and just....nope, not gonna scramble my eggs >.>

Finally, do you find Neko annoying? I find her hot, because I fucking love nekos.

That's all, yes its many questions rather than one, but I needed to get more creative.

~Skummy Out
I sincerely hope that your questions are just a joke. I only like the question about the students ' mom. As far as I remember, there are a huge number of characters in the game(it turns out there is even a blind girl, I honestly don't remember her).

ser55

Jun 4, 2017
If we talk about the possible. Let's imagine that the game is officially closed. What is the probability that there will be people who will continue to make the game. They will take the characters , the story and make a game. Is such a development possible?I've seen this with a couple of other games.

artemis74

Dec 9, 2017
Visually, we know BlueCat has shown previews beyond the month merge. I'm just as eager, if not more, for the updates after the merge because my t8 character gets introduced on day 24 or 25 I believe. It was actually a fun process brainstorming with BC on the character. I do feel the merge was something of a task for all involved. If it means we get better character cards, a functional map and calendar, and whatever added quirks they have planned then I'm all for it. But, please no more merges after this one, I hope lol

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul and Jay82

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

Question Time!

~Skummy Out
I think sometimes you have "The patience of Job," Skummy.

Sight to Masae: I would definitely offer it to her, even with that price. Not sure if she'd want to take it at this point.

Save Hiroko from her long term abuse: In real life, definitely. Unfortunately, those events are necessary from a literary point of view, working to help Matsu begin to develop his own empathy. I think he needed his "gangsta" beginnings to make his current state more meaningful (and give him the power to help protect those in his life now). If there were a way to not have Hiroko cut off from her family, and still retain the gifts that came of their troubled past, a compromise of sorts....in a heartbeat!

The rape of Hiroko, negating Mao: Another one of those "if it were real life" answers. The eldest daughter may not have been the MAO we know today, but there would have been a different Mao. As far as story, not having the initial Mao animosity would take some of the feeling of progress from the game. One thing that differentiates this game from My New Family is that there are still some conflicts, that things don't fall into place as easily as it does for MNF's MC.

Alternative job: If that were the case, his primary LIs outside of the home would have been teachers and administrators rather than students. Perhaps a sequel: Ecchi Assistant Minister, where he travels across the country helping to motivate teachers to adopt the new plan.

Mothers and daughters: Definitely!

Younger classes: No, I think this is the best. Opening with students who are not in dangerous territory, age wise. Even with the teaching method, it's probably best to introduce it to the eldest students who would hopefully make the best of it (although, as I was typing this, there is something to say with starting out right with the education of younger students). The older students also have well-defined interests on the cusp of entering the outside world. Younger students' interests would be harder to define without having a good baseline.
Of course, without DM, these other classes aren't younger students, just smaller 18-year-olds.

Cereal Protocol: Definitely cereal first. I pour the milk until the cereal just starts to float. That way I know I have the right amount of milk to go with the cereal. And yes, I trust Matsu would know this as well.

I hope I'm ready!! I'm ready to take the risk!

She was, but since we've seen more of her complexity, she is less annoying.

Thank you!

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Seriously though, why would you limit a lower tier while higher tiers are unlimited?
To be honest, that surprised me as well. I'm used to limited tiers being "early adopters" where the patron gets the benefits of the next higher tier for a lower price.
[/QUOTE]
I sincerely hope that your questions are just a joke. I only like the question about the students ' mom. As far as I remember, there are a huge number of characters in the game(it turns out there is even a blind girl, I honestly don't remember her).
Perhaps because she apparently got hit by the same substance that gave Matt Murdock (Daredevil) his heightened senses. Actually, the blind master has a long tradition in Japanese literature, so if anything Daredevil borrows from that (especially under Frank Miller, back in the day).

sam1234567

May 5, 2018
One thing that differentiates this game from My New Family is that there are still some conflicts, that things don't fall into place as easily as it does for MNF's MC.
i say i does i mean for the most part the reason you haven't banged almost all the girls yet is because of the dev not because of story reasons. i mean the game starts off the the principle basically saying you can pretty much do what you want to the students of the school how big the annoyance that gonna cause just depends on how rich the student is. Not only that your banging a married woman with no real tension or worry your gonna get caught i mean you fuck her 2 feet away from her husband and there is no belief that your gonna get caught or thats gonna be a problem later your also having some form of sexual encounters with a large chunk of the student body almost instantly after meeting them with no problem. the only issues Matsu has had has come from his daughters and their mother and thats only with saki once in the bath, everyone else there has been no problem with and also the two heir to the clans daughters fuyu and tomoe and that got resolved almost instantly with a threesome (which it really shouldn't of that rivarily should've easily last till day 30 at minimum)

there actually is no real problem in this game and that actually is an issue everyone wants to bang Matsu and there really is nothing stopping them from doing that so long as his wife isnt in the same room (which she pretty much never is)

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
You are right. They put effort into it and it is work and I never said it‘s not work. It just leaves a sour aftertaste if you expect something specific and then get disappointed.
That's understandable.

In all seriousness, I lashed out because, well, I'm tired as shit and bored and frustrated IRL-so I take it out on outlets like people I dislike here. despite my nature a a generally lovable type when you see me on Discord, I'm a little less nice to those on this forum.
At this rate, it may be worth it on giving up on the PR thing. It doesn't seem to be do you any good to be in the firing line.

Can I ask her? I feel like this is something I should get her input on before deciding. But I guess I lean towards yes. It's a shame to lose her, but withholding her sight feels fucked up. Plus, for whatever reason, I've decided to fully embraced being a good Sensei more than I have the whole harem aspect. It's weird, I know. Hopefully they don't become mutually exclusive goals somewhere down the line.

I don't think so. If it just affected Hiroko, then sure, but it'd be fucked up to unperson Mao, Saki and Himiko.

Same as above, except I feel like a piece of shit for making the choice :p

No. I've got a good thing going on here, and the MoE job is just one big unknown. Appreciate what you got and whatnot.

Probably. This feels like a no-lose situation. What's the catch?

Nah. Most of my favourites are in our current class.

Cereal then milk. I know we're all degenerates here, but there needs to be a line, dude.

Yes? I'm not really sure what you mean here. I just want more time with my favourites.

Not at all. I think the combination of the neko thing, and her being dumb as a brick sometimes makes her seem like she has mental handicap at times, but otherwise, she's just a loveable dits. I'm looking forward to more content with her.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Seriously though, why would you limit a lower tier while higher tiers are unlimited? When I see that the first thing that comes to mind is „I don‘t want support for my passion, I want cash.“ I‘d think people who publish their stuff via patreon or other crowdfunding sites would be glad about any support they can get. He could easily remove the lowest tier as he would only lose 50$. You don‘t even get access to the update if you subscribe to the lowest tier.
I feel like if anything, that just backs my claim earlier of them still being a business and decisions are driven by money and not entirely passion. I'm not saying that's bad or anything, I'm just saying that it's still very much a 'conventional' business in that respect and one should not ignore that fact. Looking at those pictures earlier and their dream plan to move to japan that would make more them motivated etc, I wonder if part of the delay is a lack of motivation as well? That would suck if that's the case, it can be a hard thing to overcome if they got it bad so hopefully not.

I find I now have more interest in the thread arguments over the 'is the delay just milking it or not' debate, than the game itself, but given the date I will make a little prediction - after all many of us like a little gamble!
I tend to lose rolls generally so i'd rather not haha. I'd probably roll on chances of us seeing some new pictures of future content or just pictures of redone (updated) stuff for the merge and the hopeful side of me says we'll probably see something.

Skalli

Nov 1, 2017
Second, Bluecat still has a few days to make an update, he only ever aid in the next days and I originally assumed that meant a week at most.
Feels like I'm seeing a pattern there. :unsure:;)

Third, This is not a conventional business, it does not have to obey the same rules and standards as actual legitimate companies and organizations. At the end of the day the purpose of ES isn't about making money, its about making ES, the money is just what allows the team to keep making it.
That is actually thin ice to walk on. Legally it IS a conventional business. They accept money from donators/investors and promise work for that. While there are risks as the dev not being able to deliver, legally the dev has to do all they can to fulfill the promised rewards. No in some cases this is some difficult terrain as there are no real promises in this case, but not doing any work (not saying or assuming they're doing that!) would be fraud.
I still believe they really fucked up the management part, no idea what can hold up a merge like this for so long (even if the team members would not have been away for sick leave). I know it's not their full time business. 4k is not enough for a dev alone, let alone for a team, but when you collect something, it would be nice to at least give status updates regularly.

Well, it's not nice to let you frustration out on strangers anywhere, also not on a forum. It just contributes of the spiral of hate and disrespect and poisons the discussion even more.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Yes, if that were also her preference.

Yes

Pretty sure the above yes covers this too

Not entirely sure I understand the implications of the question, but I'm gonna go with no.

Yes, but Kaede's mom would require some attitude adjusting.

All the classes have their charm, so, any of them would be fine with me.

If Cereal then milk is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

I feel like he'd do it "wrong" just to spite whomever told him he couldn't do it that way.

Rapid fire questions aren't really that annoying to me, honestly.

Whether I'm prepared or not, I want to see it as soon as possible.

Yes, but in a sort of endearing way. I do wish she'd stop pretending to be dumber than she is, though. Hopefully Matsu will help with that.

pheebor

Jun 29, 2017
I am not saying that the next update has to be ready at a given time, but I do think there are two simple things bluecat really should do ASAP:

1. We're past the point where basic update news on patreon should be behind even a $1 paywall (I realize it does get repeated here, but I'd rather not have to trawl through a 150+ page comment thread to find it). A dev who is not delivering on promises should not be seen to be trying to lock in donations just for update news, which is given rarely.

2. And related to 1, the dev should continuously release notes about progress made, at least weekly. Even if its not much - just to show the fans and patrons that they are not forgotten or taken for granted. They can put artwork and votes and more behind a paywall, and mention them in these notes, but these notes themselves should be released without need of donation, just as they are for most projects I follow.

Even if the final product takes way longer than expected and runs into all sorts of unexpected bugs and problems, this simple communication would do a massive amount of good towards maintaining fan goodwill. And not only is it the right thing to do, it will likely keep donations higher over time. /soapbox

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
Agree for the most part, except i don't think there is news to actually relay lately. Correct me if i am wrong but that's the impression i am getting, might be better after summer.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Internally they should have an estimate of when they can release. Unless their team is all over the place. That would be embarrassing though. They have a so called project manager so they should have adopted some kind of project management methods. I‘m sure you nerds all heard of Scrum.
Besides if they don‘t have an estimate (they don‘t need to communicate it), then they don‘t know how much work is still left to do, which would imply that they have no idea of the project scope. Kind of sad if that would be the case, because they boast about how many team members they have and have an oh so important project manager.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes