tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Is there a reason these updates are behind paywalls? Doing that has only seemed exacerbate the issues with peoples trust here.
Yes, people pay they deserve it. Peoples trust here is not an issue with devs. More and more devs have lost the trust in this site and quit posting. Seems in most threads you have the same 20-30 people posting the same shite every couple days and complaining about anything and everything thinking everyone feels the same because its posted here. You can complain all you want , all it does is drive more away.

Look at the stats for how many members on this site and how many are online. 20-30 people do not make a majority here, for every post there's 10 that don't. Most are patient and understand its free.

I did come here thinking to post the update but now I think to myself Why?

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
Yes, people pay they deserve it. Peoples trust here is not an issue with devs. More and more devs have lost the trust in this site and quit posting. Seems in most threads you have the same 20-30 people posting the same shite every couple days and complaining about anything and everything thinking everyone feels the same because its posted here. You can complain all you want , all it does is drive more away.

Look at the stats for how many members on this site and how many are online. 20-30 people do not make a majority here, for every post there's 10 that don't. Most are patient and understand its free.

BC got popular by this site but when he failed 1 billion times this promises ppl started to ask him questions but he just decides to hide his head in sand and settle to own discord channel where he got all power to kick or ban and post some random *** almost every 10 mins instead of working with game and showing real progress. And let me guess what said in patreon update: "we working as hard as we can but we don't show u anything what we done. pay us 100$ for high tier and we get u access to special discord channel and tell some fairy tales about merge progress".
And main loool that he posted it right at time not to get on hold tag here!

Last edited:

Sjmurphy

Mar 24, 2018
Ecchi Sensei - Month 1 - Status Report No. 22

Hi Guys!

It's time again to bring you up to date, and therefore, there is again a status update on the current events.

First of all, I don't intend to give anyone false hopes - I still cannot, in good conscience, announce a date for the release of Month 1 - BUT... We are closing in to the finish line, and the entire Ecchi Sensei team is optimistic that it could be ready soon.
At the moment, we are working on the subtleties of a number of features, such as the impeccable functionality of the character information page and its translations in all the languages we offer for the game.

The same applies, of course, to the calendar, which has also been optimized a bit on top.

Bottom line, every existing feature has also been significantly reduced in terms of "weight." That means instead of 20 MB for the calendar, we now only need 5 MB, even though further functions and languages have been added.

Of course, the image quality doesn't suffer in any way because of it - we have simply replaced most of the unnecessary graphics with code.

For those of you who have no idea what am I talking about:

Instead of creating the same graphic four times in four different languages, only one graphic is used, and the different languages are added by coding.

These thinning measures affect all existing features and also core elements of Ren'Py itself - such as the main menu. As a result, we have so far been able to save over 1 GB of "unnecessary" graphics, which will simply be omitted in the future and thus not only reduce Month 1 in overall size, but of course, this procedure will also apply to all subsequent updates of Ecchi Sensei.

I know that some people have already lost patience, and I will once again officially apologize for the extremely long waiting time when Month 1 is released - although it is probably me who suffers most from the delay.

I finally want to produce new content again and let you all be part of what the future holds in Ecchi Sensei.

There is a lot you can look forward to. The previous experiences in the game were only a small foretaste of what's to come.
But I'll tell you more about that another time.

With this in mind, I would like to thank everyone who continues to believe in Ecchi Sensei. Your encouraging words that have reached us in the last few weeks gave us strength, and we will do our best to deliver a good final product in the form of Month 1 as soon as possible.

So long,

Blue

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019

I wasn't complaining, and was simply asking a question. I actually go out of my way to prevent misinformation, or just not get involved, but sure, group us all together if you want ¬_¬

Reactions: Skalli

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019

Hi Guys!

It's time again to bring you up to date, and therefore, there is again a status update on the current events.

First of all, I don't intend to give anyone false hopes - I still cannot, in good conscience, announce a date for the release of Month 1 - BUT... We are closing in to the finish line, and the entire Ecchi Sensei team is optimistic that it could be ready soon.
At the moment, we are working on the subtleties of a number of features, such as the impeccable functionality of the character information page and its translations in all the languages we offer for the game.

The same applies, of course, to the calendar, which has also been optimized a bit on top.

Bottom line, every existing feature has also been significantly reduced in terms of "weight." That means instead of 20 MB for the calendar, we now only need 5 MB, even though further functions and languages have been added.

Of course, the image quality doesn't suffer in any way because of it - we have simply replaced most of the unnecessary graphics with code.

Instead of creating the same graphic four times in four different languages, only one graphic is used, and the different languages are added by coding.

These thinning measures affect all existing features and also core elements of Ren'Py itself - such as the main menu. As a result, we have so far been able to save over 1 GB of "unnecessary" graphics, which will simply be omitted in the future and thus not only reduce Month 1 in overall size, but of course, this procedure will also apply to all subsequent updates of Ecchi Sensei.

I know that some people have already lost patience, and I will once again officially apologize for the extremely long waiting time when Month 1 is released - although it is probably me who suffers most from the delay.

I finally want to produce new content again and let you all be part of what the future holds in Ecchi Sensei.

There is a lot you can look forward to. The previous experiences in the game were only a small foretaste of what's to come.

With this in mind, I would like to thank everyone who continues to believe in Ecchi Sensei. Your encouraging words that have reached us in the last few weeks gave us strength, and we will do our best to deliver a good final product in the form of Month 1 as soon as possible.

So long,

Blue
Much appreciated, Friendo

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
U told few month ago that merge almost ready, but devs still has nothing to show (at least on partreon). I woudn't trust any words about merge progress until somebody post gameplay video here from it. Text for now means nothing it's have same weight as a wind so we need more real proofs...
I check on here time to time for any new development of the game.
I find your comment kinda funny, Why would you trust him/her/it words in the first place ?he is not the Dev or one of his team member .he is like a pr guy for ecchi sensai at most . The fact is nobody knows when the update will drop .you will just get a patreon post every 3 months so mods here don't put an abondened tag. There will be no updates anytime soon unless Dev says otherwise .

huge43

Jul 2, 2017

Hi Guys!

So long,

Blue
Yay! I won my bet. Right on the 3 month deadline, a post about no actual product release. We can all come back now in September for the next, same info. Perhaps we could all stop posting to this thread til then, as the supporters seem rather tetchy in their posts

Thank you to the original poster of the paywall update, most appreciated

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Well that was a fuckin useless update lol, how many times can you say the same thing in a different way?

Also "Instead of creating the same graphic four times in four different languages, only one graphic is used, and the different languages are added by coding." -- This is like, common sense? In fact it was already like this because you could already change the text colours etc. Perhaps his talking about some transition scene pictures or something.

Honestly there is nothing they could say at this point that could justifiably convince me as to why this is taking so long. I'm convinced having never used renpy (but other engines) I could rip the game assets and merge it myself before he releases it if I was to go back in time to when they started working on it. Either they had some awful data flows, or it's still awful now but even that wouldn't convince me.

Going from "before 2021" to now 7 months later, and still can't give a date. Either highly incompetent or there is some foul play here which looks the most likely to me.

Praetor31

Jul 3, 2018
Everytime I try to click names at phone this error shows up and ignore is also not working even can't see chat via phone events, anybody know how to fix this problem?

Jul 17, 2019
I'm pretty sure none of us fucking care about 1gb of saved space at this point, and just want the fucking game already. Just sayin

Also, pretty convenient timing on the update, 2,5 months after the last, just in time to not get the on hold tag, like always.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Oh, so now that he posts an update, where he says "Still not done, sorry, but here's what we have left" you guys bitch that "There's nothing here!"

Where was that energy when you guys were all complaining that he should just keep posting updates even if he has nothing to show? Where was that energy to say "Well at least he posted something to keep us updated". Yeah this is why I get so fed up with you guys, you act like children that nothing is ever good enough for you.

That being said, in relation to earlier question post, the correct way to eat cereal is cereal first then milk. Anyone who says otherwise is either a troll or a fool.

How about we cleanse the palate with another one? Because we gotta flush out the bad vibes rocketing through this thread.

When it comes down to it, would you wish to dictate what those in your harem were dressing up in, what kind of accessories and makeup? Would you wish to dictate or let them adjust themselves according to what they would perceive you'd enjoy.

No outro today, bye.

DualWolf

Aug 10, 2018
When it comes down to it, would you wish to dictate what those in your harem were dressing up in, what kind of accessories and makeup? Would you wish to dictate or let them adjust themselves according to what they would perceive you'd enjoy.

No outro today, bye.
I'd say let them adjust themselves. One cause It would be mentally exhausting trying to think of something unique for each of them all the time and two because there efforts would likely yield better results.

sam1234567

May 5, 2018
Oh, so now that he posts an update, where he says "Still not done, sorry, but here's what we have left" you guys bitch that "There's nothing here!"

Where was that energy when you guys were all complaining that he should just keep posting updates even if he has nothing to show? Where was that energy to say "Well at least he posted something to keep us updated". Yeah this is why I get so fed up with you guys, you act like children that nothing is ever good enough for you.
i m gonna break this down into points real quick because i think this has gotten to the point where even you cant defend this skummy.

1." here's what we have left"

When did they say that, he said they're close to the finish line and then went on to say how he shrunk small amounts of code down to smaller sizes but he didnt say what the have left and if hes close to the finish line then what does that mean? does he have most of the coding done and their just cleaning up now? are the renders all done and their just polishing them? i mean if your close to almost finishing the product and putting out a playable copy you should be able to tell me what you have left or at the very least give a decent ballpark as to how long is gonna take till you have one but all he did was talk about improvements that not only could've done in the next update but also dont really matter, this is a 16-40gb update i really dont care if its 1gb smaller it aint gonna matter with the internet speed its still gonna take a long ass time to download and not only that but if in 7 months, hell even 1 month and thats all the improvements/ changes/ fixes to the game he talk about then what has he been doing then? 7 months you should be able to have 3 paragraph status update at the very least into what you've done not like 5 sentences

2."Where was that energy when you guys were all complaining that he should just keep posting updates even if he has nothing to show? Where was that energy to say "Well at least he posted something to keep us updated".

Because we wanted him to post at least once a month regular updates that explain what he's doing and how its going and giving us a status update into what's still needed to be done and also stuff like showing of renders of future updates (that he has apparently already done) of stuff with characters, settings clothe types even. even if he doesn't give us alot it still gives us some idea of whats going on. Not only that but we also have questions with the game going forward i mean the guys going to introduce a sandbox mechanic into a choice-based linear story type game (i dunno if thats the correct word type but hopefully you get my meaning) how is that going to work? is it going to change the pace and tone of the game dramatically? is it going to affect the story heavily and if so how are you going to shape it? there's also story based stuff we wanna kniow like what characters is he going to focus on in the next few updates? are there any favourites of his that he wants to do more with? are there any characters he doesn't like that we're gonna see less of? are there any big character or story arcs coming up? what is going to happen in the future with certain characters? ( not spoiler stuff obviously but general hints and stuff like that)

3."you act like children that nothing is ever good enough for you."

Because nothing is still nothing. if he produced even something we would be more patient and less accusatory but he didn't he still, just like the last one 3 months ago, produced nothing.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I'd like them all to find their own style, leaning on the more exposure, the better, while still having some cover. Maybe convince the school that clothing could be optional. I'm not going to be able to come up with the name of the side piece that always wears some form of lingerie at school, but she has the right idea. But there are others that give us side boob or under boob on a daily basis so that is also good.

Sloth-chan was way ahead of the times with the mask and oven mitts, maybe make that her only outfit, skipping the clothes entirely. Maybe Blue knew a global pandemic was on the way and designed a character to reflect that.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
i m gonna break this down into points real quick because i think this has gotten to the point where even you cant defend this skummy.

1." here's what we have left"

When did they say that, he said they're close to the finish line and then went on to say how he shrunk small amounts of code down to smaller sizes but he didnt say what the have left and if hes close to the finish line then what does that mean? does he have most of the coding done and their just cleaning up now? are the renders all done and their just polishing them? i mean if your close to almost finishing the product and putting out a playable copy you should be able to tell me what you have left or at the very least give a decent ballpark as to how long is gonna take till you have one but all he did was talk about improvements that not only could've done in the next update but also dont really matter, this is a 16-40gb update i really dont care if its 1gb smaller it aint gonna matter with the internet speed its still gonna take a long ass time to download and not only that but if in 7 months, hell even 1 month and thats all the improvements/ changes/ fixes to the game he talk about then what has he been doing then? 7 months you should be able to have 3 paragraph status update at the very least into what you've done not like 5 sentences

2."Where was that energy when you guys were all complaining that he should just keep posting updates even if he has nothing to show? Where was that energy to say "Well at least he posted something to keep us updated".

Because we wanted him to post at least once a month regular updates that explain what he's doing and how its going and giving us a status update into what's still needed to be done and also stuff like showing of renders of future updates (that he has apparently already done) of stuff with characters, settings clothe types even. even if he doesn't give us alot it still gives us some idea of whats going on. Not only that but we also have questions with the game going forward i mean the guys going to introduce a sandbox mechanic into a choice-based linear story type game (i dunno if thats the correct word type but hopefully you get my meaning) how is that going to work? is it going to change the pace and tone of the game dramatically? is it going to affect the story heavily and if so how are you going to shape it? there's also story based stuff we wanna kniow like what characters is he going to focus on in the next few updates? are there any favourites of his that he wants to do more with? are there any characters he doesn't like that we're gonna see less of? are there any big character or story arcs coming up? what is going to happen in the future with certain characters? ( not spoiler stuff obviously but general hints and stuff like that)

3."you act like children that nothing is ever good enough for you."

Because nothing is still nothing. if he produced even something we would be more patient and less accusatory but he didn't he still, just like the last one 3 months ago, produced nothing.
Did you read the same update that was posted? He told you blatantly they were translating information on the character cards and calendar. Telling you guys about how they managed to fix a lot of the issues that will keep things from being too bloated in the future. I'd say that's something, I'd say that's a confirmation on the information I already gave you all a few months ago, albeit not at the pace he estimated when they began work on this area. Use your head, read the update, and match that to what I have already said in the past. I told you all already, this was what we were waiting on before it could get finished, now there's the confirmation from the developer. Do not point at proof and call it an empty pile of nothing, he has told you what is left to get done just not how fast they intend to do it.

Point two, that is exactly not what you all wanted, you wanted him to just keep posting about the fact things were happening even if he had nothing to show for it. You didn't ever say you wanted monthly updates, collectively it was demanding weekly updates, just to make sure that something was still happening. I've been here that entire time, keeping track of every last message in this thread. I have seen you guys get pissy when there's nothing coming out of of Bluecat, I've seen you upset when its just him posting these status updates. I see you guys complain day in and day out no matter what you get told.

Last point, he has been doing nothing but producing, you just haven't seen it because he's been too busy trying to get this god damn merge over and done with. I can and will defend him on what I have witnessed come out of the work he, and the team, have done over these past months.

So don't sit there and think you have some gotcha position that I can't deconstruct. If you wanna be pissed that the merge still isn't out, fine that's not in contention here. However, you have all been given the information on what is left to be done, stop bitching over it. Now either play my stupid game to distract us from the long ass wait time, or chill the fuck out.

lapau

Jan 9, 2018
Good God, I like to remain silence reader of this thread, but how BC done his business is just plain embarrasing at this point.

I love this game, almost religiously. Ecchi Sensei is one of god-tiered in this site, but the current state of it and this particular thread is rather disappointing.

Because the explanation is weak af. BC only told what had done, never what hasn't done. BC never told us how far the plan has implemented, what percentage left to be done, what are those left etc. etc. IF there's no explanation of the plan whatsoever, things just this could add up unwarrantedly and further delay the release date. I don't want to believe that BC is such a milker, but what BC has done so far convinces me otherwise and it's never a good sign. Have no intention to assume, but an assumption comes when there is lack of clarity. So, it'll be no one faults if lot of users here tend to have assumptions, even accusations, for what was really happened.

Sorry in advance if my pinch of thoughts offend anyone.

Last edited:

sam1234567

May 5, 2018
Did you read the same update that was posted? He told you blatantly they were translating information on the character cards and calendar. Telling you guys about how they managed to fix a lot of the issues that will keep things from being too bloated in the future. I'd say that's something, I'd say that's a confirmation on the information I already gave you all a few months ago, albeit not at the pace he estimated when they began work on this area. Use your head, read the update, and match that to what I have already said in the past. I told you all already, this was what we were waiting on before it could get finished, now there's the confirmation from the developer. Do not point at proof and call it an empty pile of nothing, he has told you what is left to get done just not how fast they intend to do it.

Point two, that is exactly not what you all wanted, you wanted him to just keep posting about the fact things were happening even if he had nothing to show for it. You didn't ever say you wanted monthly updates, collectively it was demanding weekly updates, just to make sure that something was still happening. I've been here that entire time, keeping track of every last message in this thread. I have seen you guys get pissy when there's nothing coming out of of Bluecat, I've seen you upset when its just him posting these status updates. I see you guys complain day in and day out no matter what you get told.

Last point, he has been doing nothing but producing, you just haven't seen it because he's been too busy trying to get this god damn merge over and done with. I can and will defend him on what I have witnessed come out of the work he, and the team, have done over these past months.

So don't sit there and think you have some gotcha position that I can't deconstruct. If you wanna be pissed that the merge still isn't out, fine that's not in contention here. However, you have all been given the information on what is left to be done, stop bitching over it. Now either play my stupid game to distract us from the long ass wait time, or chill the fuck out.
1."He told you blatantly they were translating information on the character cards and calendar. Telling you guys about how they managed to fix a lot of the issues that will keep things from being too bloated in the future." " I'd say that's a confirmation on the information I already gave you all a few months ago, albeit not at the pace he estimated when they began work on this area." "I told you all already, this was what we were waiting on before it could get finished, now there's the confirmation from the developer."

translating what? the first week has already been done for the character cards the only ones that haven't are week 2 and week 3 and the calendar has already fully translated into at least 3 different languages (also the only on the calendar aside from a few events is just birthdays) which means the translating job should not only take a small amount of time, not months (unless he plans on translating them into 17 different languages which he honestly might) and not only that but if you compare the end of the week 1 character cards to the end of week 3 they're almost exactly the same even the lewd ones, nothing changes mostly because nothing really happens to any of the characters that's worthy of writing in them now if he was saying that he was writing and rewriting new cards for each days and translating those into different languages then yes with about almost 60 different characters that might take some considerable time (not months but some time) but if all he is doing is a simple for what probably amounts to about a paragraph or 2 of work then it really shouldnt take him that long and if its just that he's waiting on then what's the point of delaying at the very least the alpha part of the merge i mean i've already spent the last 8 updates not understanding the character cards im honestly fine with waiting either one more or at least a beta update until i can.

2." I've been here that entire time, keeping track of every last message in this thread. I have seen you guys get pissy when there's nothing coming out of of Bluecat, I've seen you upset when its just him posting these status updates. I see you guys complain day in and day out no matter what you get told."

well We ( since you've decided to throw everybody in with everybody) dont get told anything we only get told small amounts of information which we get from you not bluecat i mean the patreons let alone us didn't even know one of the team members was sick until feburary-april now i can understand not telling people if they'd only been sick for a little bit but after a month has passed you need to or at least should make your patreons aware that development has stalled especially if you just released a status update telling them that your almost finished not hide the information because if you do it just comes across looking like your trying to avoid losing money.

3 "i have witnessed come out of the work he, and the team, have done over these past months."

thats great im glad YOU have been well informed on the goings on but guess what none of us have been, also i do have to say why are you so well informed? i understand you have a bit of a personal relationship to the team but your not apart of the team and your a patreon just like a lot of ppl who support him, yet you are still getting updates while the rest of us aren't i mean if i was still a patreon of bluecat and was paying $20- $30 a month to them and had almost no idea what was going while somebody else who was also patreon had a seemely extensive knowledge about the project i would honestly be very pissed and start to ask why? are you a $80 paying patreon is that why your informed? is that what it takes to know whats going? and if so why, why do i need to pay so much money to get basic status updates on a project im supporting especially if im paying what most ppl would call a fairly high amount for a porn game?

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes