Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
I wouldn't recommend it. Not only would that make you the arsehole he suggests you are, but it would undermine any point you make later, cause gaslighters are inherently untrustworthy.
I agree, I'm just annoyed this game still has nothing to show for how long it's been delayed. Release an as-is build and let people bug test it now if they want, it'll likely save some sort of time later on that front and shows that progress has been made and everyone can see to exactly what extent.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I agree, I'm just annoyed this game still has nothing to show for how long it's been delayed. Release an as-is build and let people bug test it now if they want, it'll likely save some sort of time later on that front and shows that progress has been made and everyone can see to exactly what extent.
With such a small, they need to either deal with bugs and regular development at the same time, or wait until they've done what they wanted, then have to wade through redundant bug reports. Better to do bug test during a specific bug testing period. It keeps things simple.

I want to play the game too, and it is frustrating having to wait, but there really isn't anything to do but wait, and hope that they've learned from this mess. Pushing it out early will just result in more people getting angry. And honestly, I remember how much of a mess things were after the Week 1 merge, so I'd rather they do it properly this time.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I came to see if this was abandoned after noticing the folder for it on my SSD hadn't been updated in forever but I see it isn't tagged as such so I start reading to see whats going on and there is a bunch of back-and-forth about how slow the work is and so on and I'm like ok ok, sure.

But then I look closer and it seems like everyone is just talking about merging the weeks together still, is this the case? is there actually no NEW content being talked about here? just the merge of existing content that has taken 8-9 months?
After such time and given the graphics are basic AF, not even having to wait for DAZ renders or whatever I would have thought month 2 would be nearly complete, not still trying to merge month 1.

lul if this is really how it is then thats hilariously sad, at least the one guy making Reluctant archon has been pushing out short stories and actual DAZ renders rather than HS screen grabs or whatever shit this is.

I guess if you can get away with making no content for $5k/month then why not right?

Muk_king

Oct 5, 2019
I came to see if this was abandoned after noticing the folder for it on my SSD hadn't been updated in forever but I see it isn't tagged as such so I start reading to see whats going on and there is a bunch of back-and-forth about how slow the work is and so on and I'm like ok ok, sure.

But then I look closer and it seems like everyone is just talking about merging the weeks together still, is this the case? is there actually no NEW content being talked about here? just the merge of existing content that has taken 8-9 months?
After such time and given the graphics are basic AF, not even having to wait for DAZ renders or whatever I would have thought month 2 would be nearly complete, not still trying to merge month 1.

lul if this is really how it is then thats hilariously sad, at least the one guy making Reluctant archon has been pushing out short stories and actual DAZ renders rather than HS screen grabs or whatever shit this is.

I guess if you can get away with making no content for $5k/month then why not right?
Long (annoying) story short: load bearing programmer got sick and all essential work stopped. Programmer is better(?) now, but dev team is super evasive on actual progress reports.

Drama has ensued in the forums since.

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
Gah damn, I poked my head back in here to see if there's any news of updates and I just see walls of disappointment. I'm no patron but, I give Bluecat and the team benefit of the doubt. Their updates were usually pretty much hitting right when you start to remember or think about the game and considering one of their folks got sick it ain't surprising progress slowed as they got better. At best for all, we know they could have taken on a bigger workload than expected and that's what could be triggering further delay aside from the team member.

• Angry
Reactions: jackkane

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
Does anyone have the status report posted on the 29th June for this please?
Ecchi Sensei - Month 1 - Status Report No. 22

Hi Guys!

It's time again to bring you up to date, and therefore, there is again a status update on the current events.

First of all, I don't intend to give anyone false hopes - I still cannot, in good conscience, announce a date for the release of Month 1 - BUT... We are closing in to the finish line, and the entire Ecchi Sensei team is optimistic that it could be ready soon.
At the moment, we are working on the subtleties of a number of features, such as the impeccable functionality of the character information page and its translations in all the languages we offer for the game.

The same applies, of course, to the calendar, which has also been optimized a bit on top.

Bottom line, every existing feature has also been significantly reduced in terms of "weight." That means instead of 20 MB for the calendar, we now only need 5 MB, even though further functions and languages have been added.

Of course, the image quality doesn't suffer in any way because of it - we have simply replaced most of the unnecessary graphics with code.

For those of you who have no idea what am I talking about:

Instead of creating the same graphic four times in four different languages, only one graphic is used, and the different languages are added by coding.

These thinning measures affect all existing features and also core elements of Ren'Py itself - such as the main menu. As a result, we have so far been able to save over 1 GB of "unnecessary" graphics, which will simply be omitted in the future and thus not only reduce Month 1 in overall size, but of course, this procedure will also apply to all subsequent updates of Ecchi Sensei.

I know that some people have already lost patience, and I will once again officially apologize for the extremely long waiting time when Month 1 is released - although it is probably me who suffers most from the delay.

I finally want to produce new content again and let you all be part of what the future holds in Ecchi Sensei.

There is a lot you can look forward to. The previous experiences in the game were only a small foretaste of what's to come.
But I'll tell you more about that another time.

With this in mind, I would like to thank everyone who continues to believe in Ecchi Sensei. Your encouraging words that have reached us in the last few weeks gave us strength, and we will do our best to deliver a good final product in the form of Month 1 as soon as possible.

So long,

Blue

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Well, I come back every few weeks or so to see what is happening with Ecchi Sensei, and sure enough the once every 2.5 month status update is out.

Skummy, honestly, I would just stop defending Bluecat for now. I know you mean well, but it doesn't help you, it doesn't help him, and really, I don't think it is convincing anyone, sorry to say.

Those that have faith, for their own reasons, will always believe the best of Bluecat and what he is doing, and assume he is hard at work all this time, and that he is just bad at communication.

The rest of us, just want a date, whether this month, next month, 3 months, something. We have all been asking for a specific month target for the last 8 months. Still nothing. So far all we have gotten is vague non-targets.

I agree that this status update was more detailed than most, but the details are more troubling than the vague statements. Can it really take months of hard work to translate character cards? I mean, what is it, one paragraph per character? I think at this point, we would all be happy with Google translate, and just move on. And reusing the images in the menu for the different translations? That is what Bluecat wants to lay out there as his team's big accomplishment? It is better to just say, "honestly, we haven't done much, and you all have no reason to trust us after all that has happened, but we are committed to work hard on ES from now on, and you can all expect the merge to be released in August (or whenever)". That would be more honest, and actually useful information for all his paid supporters. Or, Bluecat could just show his Patreons some of the new content he has been working on all this time, according to you. That would mostly satisfy most of us. Compare that to Braindrop, who has a similar delay for his game, but has consistently explained what is going on and regularly releases teaser renders to keep the fans happy during the long delay.

A clear statement about what work is left to do, a rough estimate of the time needed for the major tasks, and a target month for the merge release (which still has no new content), would be much welcome. Any other dev will do this for his fans, especially after such a long delay. But we have all been asking for this for the entire time.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Well, I come back every few weeks or so to see what is happening with Ecchi Sensei, and sure enough the once every 2.5 month status update is out.

Skummy, honestly, I would just stop defending Bluecat for now. I know you mean well, but it doesn't help you, it doesn't help him, and really, I don't think it is convincing anyone, sorry to say.

Those that have faith, for their own reasons, will always believe the best of Bluecat and what he is doing, and assume he is hard at work all this time, and that he is just bad at communication.

The rest of us, just want a date, whether this month, next month, 3 months, something. We have all been asking for a specific month target for the last 8 months. Still nothing. So far all we have gotten is vague non-targets.

I agree that this status update was more detailed than most, but the details are more troubling than the vague statements. Can it really take months of hard work to translate character cards? I mean, what is it, one paragraph per character? I think at this point, we would all be happy with Google translate, and just move on. And reusing the images in the menu for the different translations? That is what Bluecat wants to lay out there as his team's big accomplishment? It is better to just say, "honestly, we haven't done much, and you all have no reason to trust us after all that has happened, but we are committed to work hard on ES from now on, and you can all expect the merge to be released in August (or whenever)". That would be more honest, and actually useful information for all his paid supporters. Or, Bluecat could just show his Patreons some of the new content he has been working on all this time, according to you. That would mostly satisfy most of us. Compare that to Braindrop, who has a similar delay for his game, but has consistently explained what is going on and regularly releases teaser renders to keep the fans happy during the long delay.

A clear statement about what work is left to do, a rough estimate of the time needed for the major tasks, and a target month for the merge release (which still has no new content), would be much welcome. Any other dev will do this for his fans, especially after such a long delay. But we have all been asking for this for the entire time.
Well if it's any consolation, I did decide to just step back again until the tester versions are being given out to testers pretty much. So no more postins tryin to fight back the tidal wave of negatives, though once I get a good prompt, I'll be back with questions.

I respect you, so that's why I'm giving you an explanation, otherwise just kinda keeping tabs and keeping mouth shut until I have concrete evidence to bring to the table for everyone as proof that the end is finally near for this shit. I'm pretty damn tired and just trying to stay patient at this point, thankfully my real life is getting busier and distracting me :)

Thank you for your well put piece though, aight I be out!

pheebor

Jun 29, 2017
I second a previous poster on this, and think it bears repeating. If translations are holding this thing up, put them in later. English is enough for release. 90+% of the patrons and fans will be able to play in English just fine, even if for some it is not their first language. Other translations are great to have, but they can always be added during later, incremental updates, with English providing the "backup" language for text that has not been translated yet.

anonymous159

Mar 21, 2020

dont forget that in the middle of december he said in an update, that the alpha should be out at the start of the year (so eta 2-3 weeks). no matter what happened, this is clearly a "scam" at this point, because its impossible to still work on these things, after 7,5 months with or without illness from the staff

Reactions: Infidel and Warboss

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I know Bluecat claims this is already the biggest and longest visual novel. But I wanna just say it now Lessons in Love is updated more often than this shit and is catching up pretty fast.
Eh. Let him claim whatever. It's doesn't actually matter whether it is or not, as long as there a good amount of content, which there is.

.MASHMAN.

Oct 6, 2020
A question here i wanna install dark mind patch but there are a lot of version for each day and all of the files have same name I mean how can I have all dark mind patch in one for every week please help

Mar 5, 2018
A question here i wanna install dark mind patch but there are a lot of version for each day and all of the files have same name I mean how can I have all dark mind patch in one for every week please help
I guess that it would prolly be the ones labeled "week 1 final" , "day 8 - 14 final", and "day 20-21 Final" but those
are just guesses...

Reactions: Zankul
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes