baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
If they weren't trying to make money, they wouldn't have a patreon page, and wouldn't complain about early leaks to pirates.. The whole idea was to make money, I think everyone has to admit that...
The way I see it, they are neither motivated by the money nor feel particularly obligated to patrons in exchange for accepting it. On the one hand this is the reason I'm sceptical of the platforms (Patreon, etc), but on the other hand it's the reason I can't pass judgement on them.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
So the game can be considered dead now?
I‘m certain it‘s not dead. It will take some time for the merge to get released and then it‘s back to normal updates. They just work on the merge in their own speed without being too forthcoming with status updates.

I just don‘t like Bluecats attitude and don‘t think he deserves the money he is getting for this. But that‘s just my personal opinion.

Reactions: stevejerks

MarcusDBlack

Jun 8, 2017
Checking the thread for the first time in 8 months.
I did not expect that much jokes/roasts and debates, but it's definitely more entertaining :KEK: than the shitshow this game development has become or already was ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

Chucke1992

Jun 11, 2017
I‘m certain it‘s not dead. It will take some time for the merge to get released and then it‘s back to normal updates. They just work on the merge in their own speed without being too forthcoming with status updates.
I mean last time I heard the same almost a year ago or something.

I just don‘t like Bluecats attitude and don‘t think he deserves the money he is getting for this. But that‘s just my personal opinion.
Well, the thing about subscriptions is that when subscribed people really unsubscribe. It is very exploitable. I mean there is another game I think where there was not a single update for year or something with 5k+ donations. Nice passive income though:KEK:

I personally wanted to finish the month (much less the originally planned the full year) - because I stopped at the first week as I use walkthrough mods.

SoulRipper1990

Dec 22, 2017
A little Question. I dont want to search the whole thread. But on the Main Page isnt a Link to a Android Port. Do someone have a link ?

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Only Week 1 had an official Android port. Aside from that, the only thing I know for sure is that it's prohibited to post links to pre-patched (ie. Dark Mind patched) versions of the game here on F95.

You might try asking on the Discord. Just be sure to use the help channel, otherwise it's likely to get lost in the noise.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019

I don't think it is dead either, but I do think we are all being sold a bill of goods regarding the "merge". The more I read, I am more confident that the "merge" as a major improvement in the game is wishful thinking, and that many if not all of the problems we have seen with ES, will perist. Probably the only change we will notice is some additional text in the bios, probably not even for all the characters.

Nothing I read from Bluecat and his team convinces me that they have any overall plan, other than very, very, slowly (perhaps once sentence of dialog and one image a week?) cutting and pasting the updates togerther, and then fiddling with the code haphazardly to get everything to not crash.

Reactions: cloudfw and Skalli

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Nothing I read from Bluecat and his team convinces me that they have any overall plan, other than very, very, slowly (perhaps once sentence of dialog and one image a week?) cutting and pasting the updates togerther, and then fiddling with the code haphazardly to get everything to not crash.
Haphazard was what the code was before. It turned out that streamlining it took more time, especially with health and other challenges with the one who originally wrote the spaghetti code. It sounds like the spaghetti code was worse then they'd realized.
He posts every 2 and a half months to avoid the abandonned tag. In 14 months they have nothing to show for the work they're supposedly doing.
Only if you consider the holiday stories "nothing." In my opinion, they may be filler at this point, but they are not "nothing."

Honga

Jan 31, 2019
Hey,
i am in a funny mood, so first lets see what i posted in early march.
You guys wanna know whats up with the game? I will tell ya, and im not involved in anything:

[...], the one person who is "ill", is the teams main-coder. [...] He has made himself irreplacable by creating a code-monster.
Now he cannot handle his monster any longer, [...]

This game will either start from scratch, or gets abandoned.
This was obvious to me since the beginning of January.

And now, it is time to REVEAL what is up with the game, and same again, i am not involved in anything:

Right now, no work is being done on the game.
Last years halloween update was the last work. It was rushed AF and the worst of the halloween and christmas-specials that have been made. They then fiddled a bit about the merge, but since january or february at the latest i believe development is completely on hold. Maybe some third party work like portugese translation :sneaky: is being done sporadicaly, and Bluecat himself typing some words into character cards now and then, thats it.

What is the plan?
Easy, pile up enough Patreon-money to make Bluecats wish come true: Moving permanently to Japan. And when he gets there, he will never be seen again.

Probably my last post in this thread, PEACE bros :)

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes