Sep 20, 2017
Man I'm sad this hasn't gotten anything in so long, was such a promising game! Hopefully it gets revived, but I've been around enough dead-end h-games to know that's unlikely.

Also I was bored and took a look at the Patreon, about 34 people make up $3500 of the $3786 that this game gets every month. With 4 of those patrons being a whopping $2500. Who the hell is donating hundreds a month for this game which hasn't seen an update since last year?

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul and giqui

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Also I was bored and took a look at the Patreon, about 34 people make up $3500 of the $3786 that this game gets every month. With 4 of those patrons being a whopping $2500. Who the hell is donating hundreds a month for this game which hasn't seen an update since last year?
Seriously? How to you find that out? The page only shows the total and the number of Patreons.

And $600+ a month donations? I am amazed.

Reactions: giqui

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Man I'm sad this hasn't gotten anything in so long, was such a promising game! Hopefully it gets revived, but I've been around enough dead-end h-games to know that's unlikely.

OK, my initial error is inside the spoiler...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In reality, the top contributors are
5 at $100 a month
7 at $50 a month

That's 12 people providing $850, not 4 people providing $2500.

On SubscribeStar, the top contributors are:
1 at $50 a month
2 at $30 a month
$110 a month.

Last edited:

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Us? Are you like a Hive Mind or something?

And we know what we're getting. The merged 21 days, then we get back to 1.5 month releases.

The question is, when, not what.
Worse, he's a COMMUNIST!

Also the reason money is still flowing in is because there is belief in the project, and what's left of the support base is trying to hold this thing up, so it doesn't get crushed under its weight of development time.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
1 at $999 a month
3 at $500 a month
5 at $250 a month
10 at $100 a month
18 at $50 a month

That's a lot of serious supporters. It's actually $5,649, higher than $3786--I wonder if some of them are currently paused until the release of Month 1.

The loss of a few $1-5 supporters isn't going to make much of a difference.

I see the numbers are a bit less in SubscribeStar
1 at $50 a month
2 at $30 a month

I expect most of those top-tier supporters do not spend time on F95 and don't see any of the protests.
Are you sure you are reading that correctly? For the $999/month the page says 1 of 1 remaining, which seems to me that there are zero patrons at that level, since one slot is remaining, out of 1 slot. The same for the $100. 10 of 15 remaining means that 5 have subscribed at this level.

So it looks to me, the way I read it, his highest supporters are in the $100 a month group, of which there are 5, and 7 in the $50 a month group.

Still a lot, but less crazy. All others are in the $1 to $30 range

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Are you sure you are reading that correctly? For the $999/month the page says 1 of 1 remaining, which seems to me that there are zero patrons at that level, since one slot is remaining, out of 1 slot. The same for the $100. 10 of 15 remaining means that 5 have subscribed at this level.

So it looks to me, the way I read it, are that his highest supporters are in the $100 a month group, of which there are 5.
Still a lot, but less crazy.
You're right. I was reading it as 1 of 1 available. Your observation makes MUCH more sense. No wonder my numbers were so far off! That's two significant reading errors in two days (the other was for The Headmaster). Time to call the optometrist!

I think I interpreted it that way because the person I was quoting said that 4 people accounted for $2500, which would have been the case with 1 at $999 and 3 at $500.

I'll keep my blunder there as a reminder to me to pay closer attention!

Sep 20, 2017
Seriously? How to you find that out? The page only shows the total and the number of Patreons.

And $600+ a month donations? I am amazed.
Whoops, seems I misunderstood how the Patron's system was set up, I misread 1 of 1 remaining as those slots being filled not empty. Guess that's what I get for reading haphazardly. Yeah if you want the actual numbers then Dragon59 got them in their post.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Regardless, he has lost multiple higher level supporters in the past year. It's the only way his earnings are down 43% yet patron count is only 28% down.

1628306202469.png

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jeancul

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
You're right. I was reading it as 1 of 1 available. Your observation makes MUCH more sense. No wonder my numbers were so far off! That's two significant reading errors in two days (the other was for The Headmaster). Time to call the optometrist!

I think I interpreted it that way because the person I was quoting said that 4 people accounted for $2500, which would have been the case with 1 at $999 and 3 at $500.
It happens to me too, frequently, where I misread something obvious. Usually because I am doing too many things at once, or thinking about too many things at the same time. Sometimes I'll even suddenly realize 2/3ds of the way through a book, that I have been misreading the main characters name the entire time.

• Haha
Reactions: Dragon59

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Regardless, he has lost multiple higher level supporters in the past year. It's the only way his earnings are down 43% yet patron count is only 28% down.

View attachment 1339811
That does make sense. I would expect that the biggest contributors would either back out or reduce their contribution, at least until Month 1 is released. I can see how those at the bottom rung of contributions may stay on because 1) it's not a big investment for them, especially those who are already supporting multiple projects, or 2) they may see it as a way to cheaply keep updated on the progress.

Even with waning confidence, I expect many of the lower tier patrons will remain. From what I gather from Skummy, the updates the higher tiers get is more detailed and that may be why we still see some $50 and $100 contributors on Patreon.

jaredh72

Apr 26, 2017
Keep in mind that if you're going to be going off of what it says is the number of patrons for each tier, it's not going to add up to the total monthly amount of money next to total patrons. That number is after Patreon takes their cut, so really they are being given more than the $3795/month (as of writing this), but the $3795 is the amount they get to keep (i.e. if Patreon takes 15% as their cut, then the total donations are somewhere around $4465/month). There's also the possibility that 1 or more people are giving an amount that's in between tiers (i.e. they can afford to give $35/month, between the $30 and $50 tiers, and still want to give the most they can).

Last edited:

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
So...unsure if I should be bringing this up or not, but I'll keep it simple.

First off, the numbers aren't entirely accurate once you take into account Patreon's share of 10-15% (depending on plan type), plus anyone who pays otherwise outside of patreon control. You also account for the splitting between peoples working on project. Its far less for any one person than you'd think after all that is taken into consideration.

This whole experience has taught Bluecat that next time he needs to keep shit a lot simpler, and not add in all this additional stuff. So at the very least, its made Bluecat see things in a way everyone has been saying that a simpler VN would be just fine in the future. That way a buncha content can be cranked out and dealing with headaches of trying to fix broken mechanics can be left on the shelf.

As for how much is left to go, I know the gist of the problems they're dealing with, but there's not much doing for it. I'm doing what I can to help them along, but mostly my job is right here keeping you guys at least somewhat patient, and understanding of the circumstances. I hope you all can bear with me, I know I don't offer much but its a balancing act, and douchebags already inundate Bluecat with hate messages on a constant basis...

So please lets just be chill and have another rousing round of answering Ecchi Questions!

Given the chance, yay or nay on turning the basement room behind the gym into a bdsm dungeon personally? If yay? who is kept in there indefinitely and who is just the occasional occupant? :3

If Nay, what instead would you use it for? Gotta have something in mind, tell us it all.

That's it, I'm done for the night nya nya, please do try to keep in mind what I've said here?

Stay Nice, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
So...unsure if I should be bringing this up or not, but I'll keep it simple.

First off, the numbers aren't entirely accurate once you take into account Patreon's share of 10-15% (depending on plan type), plus anyone who pays otherwise outside of patreon control. You also account for the splitting between peoples working on project. Its far less for any one person than you'd think after all that is taken into consideration.

This whole experience has taught Bluecat that next time he needs to keep shit a lot simpler, and not add in all this additional stuff. So at the very least, its made Bluecat see things in a way everyone has been saying that a simpler VN would be just fine in the future. That way a buncha content can be cranked out and dealing with headaches of trying to fix broken mechanics can be left on the shelf.

As for how much is left to go, I know the gist of the problems they're dealing with, but there's not much doing for it. I'm doing what I can to help them along, but mostly my job is right here keeping you guys at least somewhat patient, and understanding of the circumstances. I hope you all can bear with me, I know I don't offer much but its a balancing act, and douchebags already inundate Bluecat with hate messages on a constant basis...

So please lets just be chill and have another rousing round of answering Ecchi Questions!

Given the chance, yay or nay on turning the basement room behind the gym into a bdsm dungeon personally? If yay? who is kept in there indefinitely and who is just the occasional occupant? :3

If Nay, what instead would you use it for? Gotta have something in mind, tell us it all.

That's it, I'm done for the night nya nya, please do try to keep in mind what I've said here?

Stay Nice, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
Yay, What do you mean by indefinitely?

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
As for how much is left to go, I know the gist of the problems they're dealing with, but there's not much doing for it.
What does "there's not much doing for it" mean?

Also, are you able to share what you know about the problems they're dealing with? Like, one thing that really concerns me is that while the save mechanism was a frequent topic of discussion in the status reports from the beginning*, a series of Discord posts by Latecomer in late June seem to suggest even that is still WIP.

* Up until report 6: "In Month 1, we put a lot of care into making sure that your save files will be filled with more information that is relevant to all features so that we can guarantee save compatibility in future versions of the game without issues."

• Wow

fashtar

Mar 23, 2019
He means "A permanent resident" in the dungeon.

Yay, I would probably stick that Alice girl as the permanent resident in that dungeon, since she's so fond of drugging people and fucking them for her own amusement. And I'd occasionally drop down there with misbehaving (female) students for detention.

...well, I didn't say I wasn't a hypocrite.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Yeah, I just thought it was funny. I think the girl he's talking about is named Akira.
right!
that was her name....
I forgot as you can imagine and as you can see that I said earlier xD
Yeah...fuckin' Akira...
I wonder what MC will say when he finds out what happened to him.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes