Pathalfurt

Sep 9, 2018
Is this game dead now?? Last update was nearly a year ago.. It's still not abandoned nor on hold.. But nor has there been new update.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
It would had been better to keep it as individual updates instead of a merging. would had prevented this whole thing
The merge was never just a merge though. It was also intended to be a rework of much of the game's internals. I'd wager they would have attempted the same sort of rework if they had opted to just continue the story, and would have run in to nearly the same struggles.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
It would had been better to keep it as individual updates instead of a merging. would had prevented this whole thing
At the very least he could've been making week 4 alongside it and had that come out first since it still follows the same format, the game isn't actually supposed to "change" until the first month is over IIRC. I actually wonder if there will be some backlash when we get to that point since it will become essentially, a different game experience and not what people invested time into originally. Unless the 'merge' is also changing the game experience from day 1 to match what it will be after the first month, who knows.

At the rate it's taken, they should've just done both because atleast that would've helped explain a delay reason if you were doubling up work essentially. I'm also still of the mindset that all these updates should've been accompanied by pictures of work they've done (UI changes? Scene changes? etc)

Reactions: Eponymous_01

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
At the very least he could've been making week 4 alongside it and had that come out first since it still follows the same format, the game isn't actually supposed to "change" until the first month is over IIRC. I actually wonder if there will be some backlash when we get to that point since it will become essentially, a different game experience and not what people invested time into originally. Unless the 'merge' is also changing the game experience from day 1 to match what it will be after the first month, who knows.

At the rate it's taken, they should've just done both because atleast that would've helped explain a delay reason if you were doubling up work essentially. I'm also still of the mindset that all these updates should've been accompanied by pictures of work they've done (UI changes? Scene changes? etc)
The problem with working on new content while working on the merge, is that the new content will still have all the problems the merge is supposed to be fixing. The only options were fixing the issues with the merge and establishing a functional ground work going forward, or pushing on with new content and hope issues don't pile up.

At the moment, alot of us are thinking that they should have taken the risk with ignore the problems, but if this merge works as advertised, then I think most of us will get over this wait after a few updates. Especially if it's as frequent as they used to be.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
the game isn't actually supposed to "change" until the first month is over IIRC.
The first month is over, insofar as the existing releases finished out the game month of July. Month 2 will pick up where month 1 left off and go through the end of August. And so on. IIRC this was made clear as soon as the merge was announced.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
What is the actual problem with the merge and how can it be taking them 8 months (or longer...) to resolve it? I find it really hard to believe. His updates dropped from nearly every week to once every few months. It's sketchy. It's like he's taking a page from icstor.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
What is the actual problem with the merge and how can it be taking them over 8 months (or longer...) to resolve it? I find it really hard to believe. His updates dropped from nearly every week to once every few months. It's sketchy. It's like he's taking a page from icstor.
Not counting the halloween special that came out 8 months ago the game last was updated over a year ago now.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
The first month is over, insofar as the existing releases finished out the game month of July. Month 2 will pick up where month 1 left off and go through the end of August. And so on. IIRC this was made clear as soon as the merge was announced.
I also thought 1 month = 4 weeks, until it finally sunk in that the game began on the second week of July.
Not counting the halloween special that came out 8 months ago the game last was updated over a year ago now.
I find it interesting how many want to ignore the special in order to support their narrative.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I also thought 1 month = 4 weeks, until it finally sunk in that the game began on the second week of July.

I find it interesting how many want to ignore the special in order to support their narrative.
To be fair, it's closer to 10 months rather than 8. I was being generous.

Reactions: Abagofbabies

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

Well so far the "Halloween Specials" have a little hint at something that may or may not show up in the game and instead of 8 months ago it was 10 months ago when it was released. (More like nothing to do with the game at all.)

This first came out in 2018 and was adding about 2 days worth of content each month and then a snag happen and delayed it for a while but it started back up again.
Now don't get me wrong I loved this game and it had great potential to becoming one of the best games on here then another snag happen with very little info on why, this was 14 months ago.

The finial release of week 3 came out in June 2020, 14 months ago.

So with all that being said this game should have at least the "On Hold" tag but more likely it needs the abandoned tag.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
I think the only way this would all be forgiven is when the release of month 1, comes with a full release of month 2, and them working on month 3. If they have not even started working on month 2 while waiting on this rework... I can't even begin to imagine how stupid that would be.
You're not gonna be forgiving them then. The holdup is on the code side, and while BC claims to have done* some work (rendering, story-writing) towards future releases, there's no indication the coders are doing the same. That being said, provided the merge lives up to the promise it will represent the framework for future releases.

* I don't say it this way to cast doubt, but simply because there is no publicly released evidence AFAIK.

What is the actual problem with the merge and how can it be taking them 8 months (or longer...) to resolve it?
The coders are (or at least were) in over their heads. Looking at the code of the past releases (and a few other things as well) suggests to me amateurs who were making it up as they went along and learning in a very ad-hoc manner.

My hope is that the delay is due to the fact they realized they couldn't continue working like that, and my fear is that it's due to the fact they didn't.

Last edited:

Hydronicz

Sep 24, 2017
With the amount of money that came in (still comes) they could have easily easily easily hired a professional (even a team) to help them with this code problem. I assume they are no closer to fixing it because if that were the case they would be announcing it wildly to save the remaining patrons still lingering.

El09

Apr 15, 2017
A few months ago I checked on this and saw there was one or a few people defending the creators heavily.
Do they still do atm?

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
A few months ago I checked on this and saw there was one or a few people defending the creators heavily.
Do they still do atm?
It's less defending the devs, and more countering the people who are just making up conspiracies. I don't think there was anyone who's thought the devs haven't fucked up for a while now. Even the self appointed PR guy doesn't shy away from pointing out how much of an incompetent mess this has turned into.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jeancul

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Do they still do atm?
That probably was Skummy Ecchi aka the "self appointed PR guy" that I assume RandoCard3 was referring to.

I stopped defending months ago, because they showed they couldn't actively handle the situation in a way I could properly argue for. as for why they don't discuss on Patreon, couldn't fuckin tell ya. I do apologize for my bitterness in the past but at this point I'm just resigned to watching for the end so I can tag on you guys. Plus holding the line on the fact that they're not scammers, just not good at this, I will freely admit I was defending them previously. However, this whole situation is embarrassing and there's no good way to spin that, I look forward to it being resolved sooner rather than later.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes