lapau

Jan 9, 2018
Hi Guys!
It's time again for a new state of the Nation status report.
Those of you with access to #gitlab-notification in Discord might have seen that new revisions have recently been made to the calendar and the Ecchi Phone 2.0 (or is it 3.0 by now?).
We are also working on the translation files for the Charinfo and its functionality as a whole.
Some of you have asked me why we not just release Month 1 but instead keep wasting time on “pointless” features.
Well, for some might the features be a waste of time, but for others, they are a big part of what makes the game what it is.
Even if we'd give up the features, that would only marginally speed up the work since the big challenge lies in Ren'Py itself — It's necessary to disassemble the core code of the engine because of our new storage system.
Still, we're making progress, and to all of those out there who, like me, want to see new Ecchi Sensei updates, times are getting better, I promise. We will be back to our usual rhythm after Month 1, and we will be giving out monstrous updates again.
To be able to present you a playable Month 1 version as soon as possible, we will proceed to work our asses off.
So long,
Blue
Still no exact date, or even a crude estimation. That's a classic BlueCat right there.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Still no exact date, or even a crude estimation. That's a classic BlueCat right there.
Not entirely fair IMO. Early in the merge process he 1) made it clear he was reluctant to give exact dates because of what happened during week 1 merge, and 2) made several estimations. The fact that the estimations proved to be spectacularly incorrect probably made him reluctant to do any more of that, too.

90210nyc

Apr 30, 2021
It is not in english. can't read it (week 2)

The prompts are not. The rest is in english. So I have no idea what I am responding to.

lapau

Jan 9, 2018
Not entirely fair IMO. Early in the merge process he 1) made it clear he was reluctant to give exact dates because of what happened during week 1 merge, and 2) made several estimations. The fact that the estimations proved to be spectacularly incorrect probably made him reluctant to do any more of that, too.
An estimation won't hurt, you know. It would be nice even. If they couldn't fulfill it, just communicate it. Be honest, something that BlueCat has been missed all along.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
An estimation won't hurt, you know. It would be nice even. If they couldn't fulfill it, just communicate it. Be honest, something that BlueCat has been missed all along.
Given the reaction of people when estimations aren't met, yeah, it does hurt in a way. The traffic here doesn't not encourage one to take a chance with an estimate.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I agree partially that devs giving an exact estimate can cause issues. If I were a dev and planned to release an update in 30 or 60 days, I wouldn't give an exact date either. That is just asking for complaints if anything happens. I would just say, I plan on releasing something in the next 2 to 4 months.

However, if I had a game on hold* for 10 months, I could at least say, an update is expected in the next 3 months, or the next 6 months, or the next year, or whenever. Bluecat can just take his best estimate, add a few months, and then make that the target. But to have no idea whatsoever? What has Bluecat been doing all this time?

But other than saying "soon" back in November, he has never given his Patron's anything other than meaningless or demonstrably false claims of supposed "work", without making any concrete statements about actual progress. He hasn't even released a single image, line of new dialog, or even comments about plans for the story.

If I read back all his status updates, the most specific thing I can find is that unspecified updating of coding is happening, and that they are updating some graphics in the main menu screen. And something about recoding the RenPy engine, which I don't take seriously as it is totally ridiculous. Next we will hear that he is inventing his own custom image compression format so he can reduce file sizes better than .jpg or webp. Anything other than actually working on the game, and making new content.

* Despite the forum criteria, this game is on hold based on zero evidence of specific progress in 10 months.

Probably none of the forum mods will chime in, but after 10 months of a whole lot of nothing, I am truly curious how long this game will be considered by this forum to be in active development. If a dev says he or someone else is generally working on the game, but never shows any evidence or estimates for release, and never actually does anything, forever, will it ever be put on hold here? Could Bluecat just give the same gibberish sounding status updates every 2.5 months for the next 5 years, and avoid the abandoned or on-hold tag?

I still remember that Milfy City was finally marked abandoned a few months ago, after several years of nothing, and shockingly, the dev quickly came up with an update after only a few weeks. Amazing.

BrunoB

Aug 17, 2019
What has Bluecat been doing all this time?
That's the thing I don't understand. When they are basically waiting for the programmer to finish, maybe work a bit ahead and create graphics for the next week releases, create new characters and so on. Right now I'm 10% confident that there will be another release. If there were regular status updates with actual content, this number would go way up.

steeldonkey

Jun 25, 2017
Quick question... Does the Week 1 DM patch work with the week 1 compressed version? I don't want to download either and find out they're incompatible.

EDIT:
In case anyone else has the same question... Yes, it works with the compressed version.

Last edited:

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Compressor
Apr 3, 2017
That's the thing I don't understand. When they are basically waiting for the programmer to finish, maybe work a bit ahead and create graphics for the next week releases, create new characters and so on. Right now I'm 10% confident that there will be another release. If there were regular status updates with actual content, this number would go way up.
In current situation with their programmer being a bottleneck coz works as slow as pregnant turtle - it's pointless and BC prefers post random stuff not connected to the game in his public DS instead work off ass to bring several updates ahead.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
In current situation with their programmer being a bottleneck coz works as slow as pregnant turtle - it's pointless and BC prefers post random stuff not connected to the game in his public DS instead work off ass to bring several updates ahead.

I already created almost two completely new updates after the month 1 merge. The current available Day release of Ecchi Sensei is day 20-21. I already created the images + coding + dialogues for Day 22+23 update and all images for Day 24-26 update and currently working on coding and dialogues
(from BC's last post here)
Bluecat said:
All Tier 7+ Patrons among you, who already have access to future updates in the form images I've created for the updates after Month 1: Day 22 + 23, as well as day 24-26 know that I have already done preparatory work in order to be able to fully start after Month 1.
(from Update 20)

Bear in mind that BC still has 12 T7+ patrons. So if he was lying about this we're not just talking about a dishonest dev but a bona fide conspiracy.

Also, FWIW
[H]e's always been months ahead of his team in terms of progress, and thus he's never been a blockage in the system.
Though IMO that's practically self-evident given the current state of affairs.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
what dm patch do i need for day 15-21 when it seems there is only only one for day 15-17, then one for 18+19 and then the days 20+21?

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes