Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Latecomer
It may "bloat" the savegames to save every choice, but if you only gather the points and load a save the game dont knows what choices you made, only how much points you have earned...or did i get this wrong? I hope so, because if choices dont matter anymore because the game dont saves them the game will lose its charm.

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
Latecomer
It may "bloat" the savegames to save every choice, but if you only gather the points and load a save the game dont knows what choices you made, only how much points you have earned...or did i get this wrong? I hope so, because if choices dont matter anymore because the game dont saves them the game will lose its charm.
To give more context, in the beginning an average day would come with around a hundred individual variables. After I joined and started optimizing things, we got anywhere from 10 to 30 depending on the day. The format I'm implementing now is just one list per day (see Python lists if you're not familiar with them) but storing all the choices.
Like, every single choice the player makes gets stored, but without bloating saves. And instead of storing individual calendar entries, messages, character info stats etc. in the save - i.e. what *really* bloats them - they get calculated ad hoc

Reactions: lalla12

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
So this project is basically on hold (Closer than before *10 months*) can you show us at least some images or sneak peaks?

P.S i was a patreon for a long time, 9 months ago i stopped because of these vage update reports.....*come on some me anything to win me back as a supporter*
On hold would mean they are not working on it.

literaloxygen

Sep 1, 2018
To give more context, in the beginning an average day would come with around a hundred individual variables. After I joined and started optimizing things, we got anywhere from 10 to 30 depending on the day. The format I'm implementing now is just one list per day (see Python lists if you're not familiar with them) but storing all the choices.
Like, every single choice the player makes gets stored, but without bloating saves. And instead of storing individual calendar entries, messages, character info stats etc. in the save - i.e. what *really* bloats them - they get calculated ad hoc
Welcome back! You were missed (even by lurker nobodies like me).

Can you shed some light on what exactly BlueCat meant about "disassembling" RenPy in the last update? It wasn't clear to me whether this was a translation error from German, or if somehow actual disassembly (i.e. converting binary code into ASM) was somehow relevant to the remaining dev work.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Smarmint

Yasuo Reynald

Jul 21, 2019
The funny thing is that some "attack" or show their disappointement toward BlueCat and the fact that the merge is taking time, but the thing they don't see, it that instead of doing all those upgrade and essentially doing all the boring work now, it would happen sooner or later and later it's happen, more time would've passed. They doing it now for the merge of Month 1 and that the right time doing it, and i pretty sure after the merge come out and after a month or 2 a new update come out, they'll have forget all that hatred toward BlueCat and his team :)

x_man

Dec 18, 2017
oh man i just come watch the topic and see blue cat is working and actually we have some news about it oh man im so glad and can't w8 so finally we see wut we promised the #1 month OMG give us the release

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Yasuo Reynald
Thats only natural since we dont hate the devs, we only hate the development time & delays because we wanna play the game, not spam this topic ^^

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
On hold would mean they are not working on it.
Perhaps they should change their patreon sub tiers then, since they still list access to *monthly* game updates, which in fact hasn't been a thing for several months now. You could heavily argue it's a scam since they aren't living up to what their sub tiers suggest and at the very least, "updates" are on hold since they are stuck in an endless loop of merging already made content into a single package.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Perhaps they should change their patreon sub tiers then, since they still list access to *monthly* game updates, which in fact hasn't been a thing for several months now. You could heavily argue it's a scam since they aren't living up to what their sub tiers suggest and at the very least, "updates" are on hold since they are stuck in an endless loop of merging already made content into a single package.
You can't heavily argue its a scam, it just isn't one, end of story. For those who do not wish to support, there is this thing called not giving the team money, that you can do. Try it out, see if it works, those who have stayed on this long are cognizant of the situation and choosing to stay in on their own volition. Cool them jets!

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Closer than before
Still a lot of work that needs to be done but we're getting there
Latecomer, thanks a lot for the details. That makes things a little more clear.

So, I understand you don't want to give an exact date, but can you give us something? You must have some general idea of how things are going, right?

Based on your efforts, do you expect a release within the next 3 months? The next 6 months? The next year?

It's been almost a year already, do you think you will have a release before the end of 2021?

As a programmer yourself, I am sure you understand why it is hard for the computer experts and programmers among us to understand why it takes a year (or more?) to do what other devs seem to be able to do in just a month or two, especially since no rendering is needed.

But, hey, we all love Ecchi Sensei, that is why we hang around here after so much time. Whenever actual new content is released, I am sure everybody here, and all your patrons of course, many which are here also, will be pleased.

Since you know best of anybody when a release can be expected, at least a rough time frame, how about letting us know?

Thanks!

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
As a programmer yourself, I am sure you understand why it is hard for the computer experts and programmers among us to understand why it takes a year (or more?) to do what other devs seem to be able to do in just a month or two, especially since no rendering is needed.

But, hey, we all love Ecchi Sensei, that is why we hang around here after so much time. Whenever actual new content is released, I am sure everybody here, and all your patrons of course, many which are here also, will be pleased.

Since you know best of anybody when a release can be expected, at least a rough time frame, how about letting us know?

Thanks!
Unfortunately my health has begun deteriorating at some point in 2019... Spent nearly half of this year in hospital, only started working full time at my job again last week, and I can't really manage that yet, which is why I took a few days off already
Progress is slow but it exists, we'll get there eventually

Waynew91

Dec 13, 2017
I lost my save and had to start over. I finished week 1 but when I start week 2 every image is missing would anyone be able to help me :eek::eek:

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Unfortunately my health has begun deteriorating at some point in 2019... Spent nearly half of this year in hospital, only started working full time at my job again last week, and I can't really manage that yet, which is why I took a few days off already
I understand, I am glad you are feeling better. Sorry for your illness. Real life is much more important than any game, so hang in there. Thanks for stopping by here to chat with all of us.

Well, I won't ask any more for a target, since it sounds like you are just starting to look at it again, but when you do have a better idea, maybe in a few months, it would be great to share some kind of estimate here.

A lot of devs get into the mindset that if they don't have good news, its better to not say anything, or keep everything vague. But I don't think this is right. We are all adults here, we can take bad news. Even if you came out a month from now and said, "You know, this is taking forever, and I can only work on it 2 hours, every other day due to health reasons and other commitments, so our best estimate for the merge is May 2022."

Just as a hypothecial, I am sure a few people would complain, but most people would just he happy to have a idea of what is going on, and we would all just do other things, and then check back next year.

c4145317

Oct 14, 2019
Are there any plans to move the megamerge to the back burner and begin work on week 4 as a standalone? I'll be the ass and assume Blue can work on that alone while you slowly chip away at the merge.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Is this what BC was referring to in the last status update when he said "It's necessary to disassemble the core code of the engine because of our new storage system." If not, can you elaborate on that statement?

I assumed he was talking about this kind of thing, but others read a lot more into it, and I'm not really sure who is correct.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes