AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
So. Do we want to start taking bets on what the next excuse will be when it's not coming out before the end of the year? (which was promised in exchange for leaving out the character info thing), since it's complete radio silence again since the last update post
It'll be exactly as stated in the last update: latecomer will have not fulfilled his side of the ultimatum and they'll move on to the less-than-ideal solution. Still have a couple weeks left before that though so hopefully latecomer is pulling a lot of late nights right now to get this done. Guess we'll see soon enough

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
Well, nobody has to donate if they are unhappy with the speed. If those that continue to contribute, think that the dev team deserves their monthly contribution, who are all of us to second guess it.

So, do we all think that Latecomer is hard at work burning the midnight oil to get his merge out by the deadline (3 more weeks), or is he just running out the clock? Any predictions?
Last I remember seeing Latecomer was still limited on how much time they could spend working. With nothing else said about it, and Bluecat issuing an ultimatum, I'm guessing work is still going but not the typical extra hours of crunch time.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
I haven't payed attention, since page 390 or so/October 2019 or so, anyone can give me the gist of what's the situation with the VN?
The person doing the coding for the merge was given an ultimatum, get it done before the end of the year or else. BC has not stated what the else option is yet, but probably no merge, maybe a simpler interface just to get something out. We will know more by the end of the year.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
So, while DEV and rest of the team are just waiting for programmer they were certainly writing story and rendering in advance for past year? So now after merge we can expect few big updates in short time? Or not?
There is one problem while Bluecat probably has continued to write and made new "renders" there is the little problem that he writes in German and the programmer who slowed the merge down is also the translator for the game. In the last status update, Bluecat said he looking for a translator but who knows if he found someone.

Jan 18, 2020
I've been following this (albeit fairly loosely) for quite a while now and one thing I haven't seen brought up yet is: why not just start over? Lots of devs have put out the current amount of content or more in a year. Why not start over with the new ideas in place from the beginning?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jeancul

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
I've been following this (albeit fairly loosely) for quite a while now and one thing I haven't seen brought up yet is: why not just start over? Lots of devs have put out the current amount of content or more in a year. Why not start over with the new ideas in place from the beginning?
If they'd known it would be like this from the beginning then this would have been the better option. The problem is they never actually knew how close or far it was (and from one of the updates it sounds like latecomer has been spouting bullshit to the rest of the team which makes it hard to estimate) and once they put x amount of work in it would make no sense to restart and lose all that work. Plus having to restart all your work can be really daunting and even depressing to creators and might actually delay further depending on the team

Allosa1

Nov 13, 2021
If they'd known it would be like this from the beginning then this would have been the better option. The problem is they never actually knew how close or far it was (and from one of the updates it sounds like latecomer has been spouting bullshit to the rest of the team which makes it hard to estimate) and once they put x amount of work in it would make no sense to restart and lose all that work. Plus having to restart all your work can be really daunting and even depressing to creators and might actually delay further depending on the team
lets be honest, no dev would wait someone for a year while losing patreon...
so if bluecat was really intrested in pushing out update he could hire somebody else and not just wait
so in any case is bluecat fault, lets face it... is easy to blame the programmer

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
lets be honest, no dev would wait someone for a year while losing patreon...
so if bluecat was really intrested in pushing out update he could hire somebody else and not just wait
so in any case is bluecat fault, lets face it... is easy to blame the programmer
I agree that most people wouldn't wait this long for a programmer while losing money, but is it that easy to find a reliable programmer that is willing to work on an adult game, especially one with with some very taboo content? Working on adult games is not really something that people usually want to have on their CV.

• I just jizzed my pants
Jul 17, 2019
I agree that most people wouldn't wait this long for a programmer while losing money, but is it that easy to find a reliable programmer that is willing to work on an adult game, especially one with with some very taboo content? Working on adult games is not really something that people usually want to have on their CV.
Finding programmers is easy, however getting them up to speed on the specific code that was used in Ecchi Sensei was the problem if I recall correctly.

• Haha
Reactions: jinxw1 and Jeancul

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
I think regardless of what happens, if BlueCat has long term plans (which he does) he should sack Latecomer regardless and bring in someone new to take over. How could you ever trust them with your plans and to hit schedules on time when we're now over a year behind schedule.

It's unacceptable from a business standpoint and I dunno if maybe they're IRL friends or something but that needs to be put to the side when pursuing business ventures because it will only be a potential massive hindrance in the future and the longer it's left the bigger potential problem it could be. If he doesn't want to do this than he should accept he needs another programmer regardless to halve up the work and more than likely do more than half frequently.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Credit where due. Its all his fault but he's managed to herd the sheep into the direction of the programmer when it comes to the ire. He said himself the Halloween update (ie last update last year) was done well in advance so were talking closer to a year and a half without having to prove a shred of work has been done since. He can just keep throwing others under the bus and make full time wages for zero proven effort on his part in return. I cant even blame him at this point - if someone told you that after well over a year of zero substance you would still have simps paying you thousands a month you would laugh all the way to the bank. And all for what? a merge only a minority wanted or cared about? or promises of all these new mechanics even LESS people wanted or cared about. Its a scam but if you buy into it then its entirely 100% your own damned fault not his at this stage.

The game itself is mediocre. Lets be honest its nowhere near the prettiest game, its far from the best story, the sex scenes are aplenty but how many are memorable? Its success was rooted in being one of the more prominent taboo games on the market - if NONE of that content was in the game it would have bombed years ago from taking a year and a half off. People latched onto it because it was so taboo, it really is as simple as that. Most people think DMD shat the bed years ago but they keep coming back for similar reasons - its one of the OG popular games based on its Taboo content which gives it infamy. Now theyre a dime a dozen and the most taboo ones make mega bucks still because of said content (Proud Father likewise a dreadful looking game and hardly remarkable script but it is pulling what 14k a month last i looked?). If Ecchi Sensei offered none of the more extreme taboo stuff it would have been a barely heralded game because its average without that stuff and much better games make far less money to be honest despite being better overall games and better supported albeit with less or none of the extreme content that has ES fans flocking to it even after all this time.

headhunter32

May 15, 2018
This game just need to be put to rest, because promis after promis after promis is never bin hold.
Dont get me rong i was a mayor fan, but u can not leave fans and loyal people that have or are still supporting u this long in yea it come soon.

• Wow
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Minx077 and Jeancul

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Aight I been slackin and you guys are going on a tear again so I'll put this down for you guys to tear into:

-Game ain't goin nowhere, somehow shit will come out next year, understand that much
-Yes there has been a lot of internal issues, but no it really doesn't concern anyone here
-We're all fatigued, if you don't care anymore then you are free to leave, but stop bringing up the same topics please
-Chill the fuck out, go play one of the other many awesome games on offer, much like I'm doing now.

That's all really, I'm out of energy, and I'll probably get told I need to take a break, which I've been doing as it is. I just stepped in to try and shift people's hate at me for a bit. Laters.

Stay Solid, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

Last edited:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
-Game ain't goin nowhere, somehow shit will come out next year, understand that much
Here's something that probably hasn't been asked? Let's say nothing comes out this year, Latecomer is sacked for failing his duties (assuming?) and BlueCat moves into Plan C (Maybe he called it B, I'm called it C since we're over a year late) how long into the next year are we going to be waiting for *anything* to come out? Mid next year? Has worked even started on this other plan in the case of the likely scenario it has to be done?

Maybe someone needs to make an Ecchi Man parody game at this rate, come for all those patreons lol that'll get him moving.

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
Just my 2 cents, but if the merge doesn't happen by the deadline, I would just say forget about it, and release a new chapter with new content. Who really cares if it is one release or several chapters?

Just release Ecchi Sensei Chapter 2, with whatever content Bluecat has been working on all this time, and just keep adding to it every few months without bothering to merge anything with existing content. If some great programmer wants to merge everything later, and while Bluecat keeps releasing new content, in parallel, rather than have everything come to a standstill, they can surprise everyone with an actual merge in another 6 months to a year. But since we will all be getting regular new content, few will care either way.
The ones going for a specific route since only a selected few will be into all of the characters
You know that the best way to implement separated chapters is to just have one route right? unless you go for the Daughter for Dessert route of having to go back and forth between updates to experience self-contained routes on self-contained chapters

And i assume Ecchi sensei is a special kind of spagheti code, the newer updates would progressively fuck the older ones to the point that it might become impossible to do a full merge, this merge was an attempt to prevent that

Hopefully that's plan B, at this point releasing the basic game and releasing updates as patches is far better that release things that will become uncompatible later on If anyone knows that one VN about the divoced dude with two jet-black haired step-daughters and a ginger step-daughter from a previous marriage, then kind of like that, yeah.
Also now is when the edit button decided to work.

Last edited:

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
This game just need to be put to rest, because promis after promis after promis is never bin hold.
Dont get me rong i was a mayor fan, but u can not leave fans and loyal people that have or are still supporting u this long in yea it come soon.
Yandev managed to procrastinate for almost a decade and Fenoxo might break that record with Trials in Tainted Space being close to their 9 year of developement, he still get like 30k monthy and to top it off, it's a text game, the only images are portraits of characters, a very selected few have more that 1 picture sorry to disapoint you but redraws from a different artist don't really count

I think regardless of what happens, if BlueCat has long term plans (which he does) he should sack Latecomer regardless and bring in someone new to take over. How could you ever trust them with your plans and to hit schedules on time when we're now over a year behind schedule.

It's unacceptable from a business standpoint and I dunno if maybe they're IRL friends or something but that needs to be put to the side when pursuing business ventures because it will only be a potential massive hindrance in the future and the longer it's left the bigger potential problem it could be. If he doesn't want to do this than he should accept he needs another programmer regardless to halve up the work and more than likely do more than half frequently.
Some programmers explained to me that well.. programming is like art, everyone has their own style, so for the sake of the argument, imagine calling Picaso to finish a work from Vangoh or Da Vinci

I do apologize for having to use two posts but i accidentally clicked on post reply and the website refuses to do anything when i click on edit.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Some programmers explained to me that well.. programming is like art, everyone has their own style, so for the sake of the argument, imagine calling Picaso to finish a work from Vangoh or Da Vinci
This is true to some degree but it mostly comes down to just variable naming and how you make comments in your code. Sometimes different programmers have preference of one solution over another but it doesn't mean another programmer can't take on the project or adapt it to their style. Most of the time programmers are actually working in teams and if they aren't following the standards and conventions then they are either way too inexperienced for a project like this anyway or are an asshole.

A project like this should have had multiple programmers working on it from a long time ago anyway specifically so that stuff like this hugely delayed merge because one guy has health issues don't happen. The best would be to have a whole new team of programmers come in and fix the mess that latecomer created but also acceptable would be to hire someone new as a lead programmer, have latecomer guide them through his mess to get everything fixed quicker and then have this new lead programmer be in charge of latecomer so that these fuck ups and spaghetti code don't keep happening.

Reactions: JohnTitor1up
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes