_ROM

Apr 8, 2019
Preface: I've dared not gone far back in comment pages, but speaking as someone who develops Java EE applications I feel that a comment on the "coding" aspect of everything is within, at the very least, my realm of knowledgeable experience.

If they are placing a bunch of blame on the coding of this game for delays (along with whatever else might be said)
And its been this long since the last update. Yea, whoever is coding. Might have gotten themselves a little over their heads.

This is purely an opinion. And does not constitute or convey facts.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
If the mods gonna put the ab tag on My Employee's Family that was the last released on 2021-04-07 then this should get the ab tag as well which the Halloween Special was out on 2020-10-31
Amazing how that game got a patreon post the same day
speaking about dukez merge, did you have an issue near the start of week 2? i got a "ScriptError: could not find label 'set_default_names'." during the conversation with fuyu in the cafeteria.
A couple? pages back (maybe check my post history idk) I put a patch out for this that you can find and dump in the 'game' folder to fix that. Even so, these saves likely will not work with whatever merge version BC makes since we are expected to make fresh saves (which is fine if it's the only time).

None. Dukez literally just slapped together all 3 weeks of content. I'm pretty sure the bugfix linked two posts before yours removes one line of code that was causing crashes and didn't need to be there. Beyond that it's just all 3 weeks as is in one download.
Pretty much this. Doesn't even remove that line in the fix I made, it just creates an empty reference so it doesn't error since I have no idea what it was trying to look for anyway.

My 'knowledge' in renpy extends as far as quick glancing over some of the tutorial game renpy games with just to see how basic script code would work, then I just merged it all together and adjusted and fixed whatever errors I came across in this process. So yeah, not much was required to merge what existed without fixing anything else, though it's not like I haven't looked at other coding in the past but I am by no means a coder. I find modifying what exists to be relatively easy compared to making something from scratch.

Though I think the bugs are probably already fixed? Can't remember what was exactly disabled but didn't they fix it later in week 3? To me it makes sense it would work if enabled since it should use the fixed system but rather just missing any data they potentially didn't do which wouldn't take much effort to fill in (cards etc) unless they wanted to change some scenes that makes use of like the phone or something, which I guess would be a tad more work.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
None. Dukez literally just slapped together all 3 weeks of content. I'm pretty sure the bugfix linked two posts before yours removes one line of code that was causing crashes and didn't need to be there. Beyond that it's just all 3 weeks as is in one download.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Just wanted to be sure. Not sure why everyone is acting like it's a big "gotcha" moment, as it's known that the actual merging part was never the point, or the problem.

Not to say Dukez doesn't deserve a pat on the back for the work they put, but everyone else needs chill. This doesn't mean anything.

Reactions: yoda123

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Preface: I've dared not gone far back in comment pages, but speaking as someone who develops Java EE applications I feel that a comment on the "coding" aspect of everything is within, at the very least, my realm of knowledgeable experience.

If they are placing a bunch of blame on the coding of this game for delays (along with whatever else might be said)
And its been this long since the last update. Yea, whoever is coding. Might have gotten themselves a little over their heads.

This is purely an opinion. And does not constitute or convey facts.
Fairly sure Latecomer is straight up lying to the team about what he's doing/what needs to be done. In one of the updates they mentioned that they're changing the core ren'py code in order to fix the game system even though ren'py already has a great save system that can be used with multi-part games (see games like DMD for an example). It's not that he's a little over his head, it's that he's a completely incompetent coder that has no clue what he's doing.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Just wanted to be sure. Not sure why everyone is acting like it's a big "gotcha" moment, as it's known that the actual merging part was never the point, or the problem.

Not to say Dukez doesn't deserve a pat on the back for the work they put, but everyone else needs chill. This doesn't mean anything.
Because even what Dukez put out supposedly took the actual team months to do when the merge started (someone posted the timeline of that update recently but I can't be bothered to search for the post). It shows that they are spending the majority of their time sitting on their asses pretending to be working. What makes it worse is those discord responses posted earlier that make it sound like they're so incredibly busy that taking 20 minutes to write an update is too much.

They absolutely are not working as much as they say they are or this merge would've been done ages ago.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
I guess the big gotcha moment is the fact that bluecat doesn't know if his own game is abandoned yet or still in development

It speaks volumes about what's really happening

That and the fact that bluecats given control of the game to latecomer proves he's finished with it. You don't throw your project away to someone else if you see any future with it

Dukez did a good job merging the weeks together, but it's the closest thing to an update this game will receive. It's done. There is not one piece of evidence to show otherwise

zd69

Jan 9, 2022
So, I'm playing for the first time here; is there a list of what specials I need to download and in what order to play them? I'm about done with Week 1 here, and saw the integrated Halloween content (I guess that was 2018?). I see some lists in the thread search but nothing conclusive about what is integrated vs what is not and when they fit into the timeline.

Also, the OP says dark mode patches are available for the specials separately, I see some there but not all?

TIA!

Jul 27, 2018
The saddest part is that it was a really good game. Even though i struggled with english language i tried to read every line of dialogue. The characters were so charismatic that i cared about them. I ll not blame or curse anyone. Rest in peace ecchi sensei.

opiex942

Mar 9, 2018
I guess the big gotcha moment is the fact that bluecat doesn't know if his own game is abandoned yet or still in development

It speaks volumes about what's really happening
That was clearly a facetious answer. Whether the tone was warranted is a whole separate issue.

There's no reason to try and create ridiculous assumptions, especially when, there's a pretty good chance that by the time the merge is released they will have spent almost as much time working on the merge as they have developing the game.

• Haha
Reactions: sérginhodd

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
That was clearly a facetious answer. Whether the tone was warranted is a whole separate issue.
Yeah, that's what I think too. He seems to struggle with not being an arsehole when questioned on anything, so him simply refusing to give a clear answer doesn't strike me as unusual for him.

It's not impossible he knows nothing, but that's getting into a cartoony level of incompetence, so I think it's unlikely.

Completely unrelated, but does Illusion let people use it's games to make other games, or have they just not gotten around to cease and desisting everyone yet? Cause using another game in place of original character models seems like a legally risky move. Anyone know how it's happening?

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
Ok guys, I talked to a professional programnmer (his primary income is from industry not the game community even though he has 2 good games out) who wished to remain anonymous but this is what he wrote to me....

"But to get back to the scam thingy you were referring to. One of the problems he is facing with this game of his is that it is 2D. After a while it looks like scam because the more options you put into the game the more things you need to consider as a game developer.

I am getting things done since I have one storyline with no branches into other optional storylines. Once you go this route with many branches you need to divide your time into these branches and i guess this is why so many projects are slowing down siginficantly once they reach a certain size.

And 2D does not help either , you need a character to wear a different dress in the same situation. Needs to be positioned and rendered.. and if she needs to wear this different dress in other situations then.. well.. position and render.

3D is a big initial payload at first BUT once you have the main things going for you , it is just making animations which are ALWAYS reusable in nearly all situations and maybe some clothes which are also be useable in all situations.

Or.. maybe to get it simple , imagine creating a sims game in 2D. Imagine now that you would have to make pictures for EVERY possible combination of things that can happen.
With 3D you just enable and disable clothes and done. BUT the initial payload is massive.

This is what i think , why many of the 2D games are getting slower.. and slower.. and slower overtime."

So there you have it, a rational explanation for time and complexity... he also mentioned thats not a guarantee of the problems with ES but it is a factor. I can see it getting herder and harder to talk to your fan base when it takes more and more to get anything to press.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes