Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
It worked for Icstor. He released an update like a week or 2 after getting the abanadoned tag. It was a shitty update but at least he was forced to release something.
Ha, yeah that guy's shamelessness knows no bounds! I don't think the same thing would happen here but I could be wrong.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
So, got a cold late last year, I get seasonal colds but never flu and only stomach viruses and Covid back before anyone know what was going on.
Take care, Skummy. Glad you are feeling better.

None of us should take anything that has happened as your fault. You are just giving us all the message.

I doubt that any of us are surprised at this point.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
Uhhh, just to note, I'm not going anywhere lol Lurking mode just means not gonna be a constant stream of activity out of me. Too tired of trying to wave the banner at this point, and I'll generally only pop in occasionally, typically with news of the hour. But yeh I ain't leavin, probs ever, too much of a seasoned internet user to just give up.

That was all, just wanted to remind people I'm not vanishing :3 You'll never be rid of me!

Last edited:

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
well, if I must... fuck pooh marry tigger( gonna be more fun too have around) and piglet goes on the barbeque

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
Do I need to download the dark mind patch, like I won't miss any story if I don't right? I read what it includes and yeah don't think I want it on my PC
You're missing over half the girls if you don't have the patch. Also, a lot of Matsu's characterization plays out in his interactions with 2 of his underage daughters. So yes you'll miss story without it.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Uhhh, just to note, I'm not going anywhere lol Lurking mode just means not gonna be a constant stream of activity out of me. Too tired of trying to wave the banner at this point, and I'll generally only pop in occasionally, typically with news of the hour. But yeh I ain't leavin, probs ever, too much of a seasoned internet user to just give up.

That was all, just wanted to remind people I'm not vanishing :3 You'll never be rid of me!
Will you still be answering any questions directed at you, or is that on hold too?

arms99

May 11, 2018
Personally, I believe f95 needs to change the requirement for the Abandoned tag. The current system is way too easy to abuse, any dev (and a lot do) can keep the thread alive by making a bs post every 3 months.

In my opinion any game that hasn't had an update in 12 months should automatically be marked as abandoned, regardless of how often the dev claims he's still "working" on it.

Jay82

Oct 4, 2017
I mean would not suprise me. I asked this on the Discord a few days ago. Seems like Bluecat himself has no idea what the status is. And the progress in the git channel is only every few days at the very best.

EDIT: At this point it kind of feels like Latecomer is just bullshítting everyone and Bluecat just looks the other way and doesn't want to deal with it. That is just my read on it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also someone else asked some stuff in a different channel as well:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That one hurts. On so many levels. This guy lost all credibility (with me) with just those 3 posts.
What I take away from that and that is purely my personal conclusion:

Bluecat has no idea how to handle the current situation. This is his project, he is the boss, so it is solely his responsibility. It certainly is not Latecomer's job to answer questions. Never ever say that to a user/patron/customer/etc. For every task that is not explicitly delegated to a member of his team it's his job to deal with it.

He is practically silent on Patreon (the place where he makes his money), with his last updates being an assurance there won't be another merge soon (who cares about that. It's like telling tornado victims "Lucky you, we don't expect another Tornado soon") and an ultimatum with no follow up when the deadline wasn't met.

Moral can't be good within the team at this point and that is also a leadership issue. He doesn't get that latecomer could theoretically stretch the development until he finds something better to do and just quits. Bluecat should do more than walk over to him, ask when it's done, nod and leave.

How can I take someone serious when in one (discord) post he says "ask latecomer" but in another answers a question, if latecomer could write a status update with "he is busy coding".

Enough ranting - time for solutions.
Identify and list all the current issues within the game. You don't know, or understand them? Have them shown and explained to you.
Prioritize the core issues and get external help if necessary. Hell, look at games that have a similar foundation and look/ask how they have done it. Don't just wait until Latecomer is finished. Maybe he is stuck and just fiddles around in hopes to have an idea.
Everything else that is "nice to have", cut it. You can always add it later.
Get a regular written update from your team about what has been done and post a user friendly version on patreon.
Ask your team, based on their reports what you can do to assist them.
Finally, cease all communication on other channels. When you don't know how to talk to people, don't do it. Wait until everything is back to happy talk. That is easier.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I made a post in the Midnight Paradise thread that was basically "If you can't code it, don't do it". That definitely applies to this situation.

I understand BC doesn't understand coding. Heck, I don't either. The only things I know is what the Renpy tutorial game shows. And even that is basic and shallow knowledge, I doubt I could code anything and it not have a lot of bugs or write down what the keywords are and what they do on a piece of paper.

But at this point Latecomer obviously doesn't understand coding either. It's been mentioned ad-nauseam and even demonstrated a few pages ago that merging the game shouldn't be that difficult, especially not difficult enough to take over a year. This should be a 1 month coding project, at most.

But that isn't Latecomers fault. This is all on BC. This is his game. He has to accept the responsibility. I agree with the post above mine, he has no idea what he is doing. Apply this scenario to anything else, and LC would've been fired by now.

Imagine that you wanted to build an addition to your house. So you hire a friend to do it. Your friend comes over and starts working. But as time goes on, your friend seems to not know what he is doing. He made the doorframe too big. He doesn't understand how to use a drill. He can't cut the boards accurately. The tiles are crooked. The windows don't slide right. This simple addition is turning into an arduous task.

Your family is getting mad at you. "Why is the addition not done yet?" they keep asking. And you keep saying "It'll be done soon" but that never happens. A month goes by. Then 2. Then 3. Your friend is still clueless and seemingly making little to no progress. Your family is getting angrier and angrier. Your friend is having a negative impact on you and them.

Any reasonable person at this point would say "Look, pal. I appreciate your hard work but I gotta get this thing done. So I'm letting you go and hiring a professional contractor."

But BC didn't do that. In fact, he has been past that stage for a long time.

So the friend keeps derping around trying to build an addition. The family keeps getting angrier. "Why is this addition not done? It's been a year!" and all you have to say is "I don't know, ask him". Then, little do you know, your neighbor managed to build their own addition in a few days. Sure, it's not perfect. The paint is ugly. The door creeks. But it's pretty solid. Definitely better than what your friend has done. Your family notices and gets even more upset. "Our neighbor did it! Why can't you!" "I don't know babe, ask my friend"

So, eventually, the family is going to leave you and move into your neighbors house. They can't wait for this addition forever. Especially when you keep deflecting and don't know what you're doing. Their patience is wearing thin. Almost as thin as the excuses you keep making up as to why your friend can't finish the addition.

So one day, your wife and kids are happily living with your neighbor. The addition he made isn't the best, but it get's the job done. And you're left alone with just your friend, some crooked 2X4's and your shattered dreams and aspirations.

I don't know how close we are to that stage. But eventually, all of BC's fans are gonna leave him and go play Dukez merge instead. This is basically what this situation will boil down too. BC cucks himself. Maybe he'll use those 2X4's when he fantasizes about his wife...errr I mean supporters playing Dukez merge. Might get a splinter though.

Last edited:

DeeCanon

Mar 12, 2018
speaking about dukez merge, did you have an issue near the start of week 2? i got a "ScriptError: could not find label 'set_default_names'." during the conversation with fuyu in the cafeteria.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
I played it all the way through, on day 9(?) I got a fataL error found the day 15 save and played the rest of the way through.
so 5 days in the second half are currently inaccesable currently.. here is the error message

1642651999375.png

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes