Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
For whoever said that MTL's are accurate enough for solid translations, thanks, I've been looking into it for Blue's sake to help get things back on track. There isn't much to add here, but I just wanted to let that be known as it is a serious option due to the decrease in cost if you only need to proofread instead of hiring translators.

So yeah, thanks for that reality check, I'm not always able to see those options and they can slip through the cracks a bit, and having solid options is always good.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Will it continue or not, who knows. But the smart idea is to just abandon this game like I have. It was a great and fun game but it's not worth the praise anymore.
I think committing to anything so definitive is a bit much. I think the best route is to just focus on other things, and not be that invested if it comes back. That way, if it doesn't come back, you're not disappointed, but if it does, it's a pleasant surprise.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
For whoever said that MTL's are accurate enough for solid translations, thanks, I've been looking into it for Blue's sake to help get things back on track. There isn't much to add here, but I just wanted to let that be known as it is a serious option due to the decrease in cost if you only need to proofread instead of hiring translators.

So yeah, thanks for that reality check, I'm not always able to see those options and they can slip through the cracks a bit, and having solid options is always good.
Just to add on to this as a reminder: Skummy does not work for BlueCat so expect absolutely nothing from this and BlueCat has had 18 months to figure this shit out and look into it himself to solve these problems. Perhaps he already has and Skummy doesn't know, since he wouldn't know everything anyway since he doesn't work for him.

Although I find it truly hilarious if the native german version isn't considered that well written and bluecat has been going on about translations for so long now when the base version it's coming off isn't that good apparently. I guess the translators were doing more than simply translating but fixing the script as well potentially, although creative change would always be a thing since languages aren't 1:1.

@Skummy so if we're in the camp of the merge is on hold to put out days 22-23(?) which BlueCat has said previously has been fully completed outside a translation, meaning it's script, pictures & coding has already been completed. When are we going to see this released since the translation is the smallest part of the work and even he should be able to give an ETA or release date with this in mind since it's not like he hasn't done many episodes before that he can make a basis for translations off of.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Soooo. . . Will this months excuse be that Blue is having to learn how to do machine translating and it'll take 2 months to learn? Or that he can't find a proofreader? OH! I know! Latecomer saw that Blue is doing MTL and told Blue that if he takes apart the code he can make it faster and more accurate! Nailed it.

AtlisH27

Oct 1, 2017
Honestly, between this, and Offcuts, I'm starting to wonder if BlueCat, and stencilbits are the same person IRL. One hasn't been updated in two years, while the other three.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Honestly, between this, and Offcuts, I'm starting to wonder if BlueCat, and stencilbits are the same person IRL. One hasn't been updated in two years, while the other three.
No way. Stencil posts a copy/paste update each month that says nothing. Bluecat posts once every two months to keep this from being abandoned while giving excuses for why its not done. Stencil also has paused his patreon every month for 30 months, while Bluecat sits back, does nothing, and rolls around in the cash from the moronic masses.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
By this point, this needs to get either an onhold tag or an abandoned tag. The excuses and delays are adding up and we have 0 proof anything is actually being done at all. Whatever Skummy says doesn't mean anything, he isn't a team member. He's just a player like the rest of us is/was. And Bluecats every-so-often updates are basically meaningless, since they actually contain no proof either. Just excuses and contradictions.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Alright, guys. For those of us that are regulars around here, I would like to hear everyone's best estimate.

From 1 to 100%, in your mind, what is the likelihood that there is any significant new content at all; that Bluecat has actualy done anything at all to work on Ecchi Sensei over the last 16 months?

Is there any chance at all, in your opinion, that Bluecat has actually produced any new content as he claims, and is actually working on it, but just waiting for a translater (or whatever the delay reason of the month), or is everything from Bluecat and repeated by Skummy is just a smokescreen so Bluecat and Latecomer can collect as much Patron cash as long as possible?

I'll start:
Even if their Patreon drops to $100 a month, it is still free money. Bluecat and Latecomer will milk it until it goes down to under $100 a month.

Since nobody has seen a single line of dialog or a single image from the supposedly already created new content, nor has the merge been completed, which we have all seen can be done in an afternoon by a non-coder, my best estimate of the chance Bluecat has done anything for 16 months, and is working at all on on Ecchi Sensei now is:

2%

What about you all? Anyone out their with more faith than me? Are there any estimates as high as 10%? 20%? 50% or more?

Let's hear everyone's best estimate.

stevejerks

Aug 7, 2018

I'd honestly say using an MTL is the best solution at the moment. It gets stuff rolling again, and faster. The end product might not be perfect, but Blue can always put out the update, then fix the bad text later afterward.

• Yay, new update!

Juliana

Jun 6, 2017
Has anyone tried reporting Blue Cat to Patreon for not following through with promises and asking for a refund (if you're still donating xD)? I'd imagine if enough people did that, patreon might have to do something which could force Blue Cat to do something.

I kinda feel bad suggesting a nuclear option, but Blue Cat's already made his ultimatum and nothing came of it (He did claim the images for the next week were pretty much done, so he should have *something* to show and he still hasn't). So I think it's time his supporters make their ultimatum.

• Thinking Face

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019

The issue with this is that you yourself mentioned knowing about MTL's and claimed they weren't good...
"MTL is a last resort, its utter shit, no reason to use it unless literally nobody can be found for work-you should always be having a human translate. As it stands its a wait and see again like everything, but if this next one falls through I'm stepping in and finding translators myself."
So is it a change of heart toward MTL's because you didn't really know about them but asserted you did..or is it a deflection since it was brought up so much in the previous posts and this is to quiet them down. Really trying to understand here.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
So is it a change of heart toward MTL's because you didn't really know about them but asserted you did..or is it a deflection since it was brought up so much in the previous posts and this is to quiet them down. Really trying to understand here.
Sounds more like a drowning man grasping for something to keep afloat. Maybe he has come down to reality, sees this for the sinking shitshow that it is, and is now throwing everything at the wall to see if it sticks just to get this moving along.

• Wow

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Alright, guys. For those of us that are regulars around here, I would like to hear everyone's best estimate.

From 1 to 100%, in your mind, what is the likelihood that there is any significant new content at all; that Bluecat has actualy done anything at all to work on Ecchi Sensei over the last 16 months?

Is there any chance at all, in your opinion, that Bluecat has actually produced any new content as he claims, and is actually working on it, but just waiting for a translater (or whatever the delay reason of the month), or is everything from Bluecat and repeated by Skummy is just a smokescreen so Bluecat and Latecomer can collect as much Patron cash as long as possible?

I'll start:
Even if their Patreon drops to $100 a month, it is still free money. Bluecat and Latecomer will milk it until it goes down to under $100 a month.

Since nobody has seen a single line of dialog or a single image from the supposedly already created new content, nor has the merge been completed, which we have all seen can be done in an afternoon by a non-coder, my best estimate of the chance Bluecat has done anything for 16 months, and is working at all on on Ecchi Sensei now is:

2%

What about you all? Anyone out their with more faith than me? Are there any estimates as high as 10%? 20%? 50% or more?

Let's hear everyone's best estimate.
I think this is basically what happened.

- The merge starts. Bluecat was legitimately working on other content while the merge was being coded.
- A little while later, the coders realized the game is a complete mess and they can't figure out how to do the new features.
- Bluecat then started posting about the delays and merge issues. However, he was still working on new content.
- Later. The coders realized this is unfixable, and they need to redo a lot of stuff. By this point, BC was pretty much done with the content he had planned to make.
- A little more times goes by....

And this is where the real issues start. BC and the team realized that they're still making a good bit of money, so let's drag this out a little more. I don't believe, not even a little, that they planned this whole thing from the start. That takes planning and competence. They fully intended to get the merge done and release new content shortly after, they have no prior history of being shady as far as I know. They just happened upon the fact that they don't actually have to do anything to make decent money.

And that's when the excuses start to pile up. Can't figure out the new features. Can't figure out the save system. Can't find translators. And they somehow have to recode renpy itself to make their stuff work. Which is completely nuts.

So, as of now, I think pretty much nothing has been done for a few months at least. BC has finished new content. The merge is either complete or got abandoned. And they're just dragging it out a little more before they finally post a new update when they're funds dip too low. 3k is still a lot more than most games get, so it'll probably take a while.

As far as Skummy goes. They should be, by far, the angriest one of us all. Skummy is a fan, just like the rest of us. But BC has been sending him out (or he is doing it willingly) to be the sacrificial lamb and a punching bag for the rest of us. Meanwhile, BC and latecomer are still lurking around here. Latecommer has been posting in other threads too. But they haven't dared to come in here in months, since latecommer dropped by a while back to talk about the coding stuff.

But honestly, I'm not mad at all. I liked the game, but it was never one of my favorites. This tread is just entertainment at this point.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Alright Skummy, if that is even your real name, I got a question: In January 2021 Bluecat says that Latecomer is his main translator, now here we are 13 months later and Bluecat is telling you which then tells us that he needs a translator. From what I've read or took from what I read was that Plan B was to put the merge on hold or abandon it completely to work on new content. Now my question: If Latecomer is the MAIN TRANSLATOR, why does he need a translator? What happened to Latecomer?

Wanna be trustworthy? Wanna be transparent? Want us to at least think you are a decent person? Than answer this honestly and without bullshit PR speak.

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
As far as Skummy goes. They should be, by far, the angriest one of us all. Skummy is a fan, just like the rest of us. But BC has been sending him out (or he is doing it willingly) to be the sacrificial lamb and a punching bag for the rest of us. Meanwhile, BC and latecomer are still lurking around here. Latecommer has been posting in other threads too. But they haven't dared to come in here in months, since latecommer dropped by a while back to talk about the coding stuff.
This would be more believable if he was not sucking BCs cock in every post he made. I have a feeling that he is on BCs payroll as well and has the sole purpose of being the scape goat.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Well I prefer to play the game in English, the German translation is awful to say the least...
Ok, so I just randomly started the second week set the language to German and oh my good I couldn't even make it through the sex scene with Mao. I mean WTF is that writing?!?!?!
Well, at least now I know why no one wants to translate the scripts for Bluecat.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Sounds more like a drowning man grasping for something to keep afloat. Maybe he has come down to reality, sees this for the sinking shitshow that it is, and is now throwing everything at the wall to see if it sticks just to get this moving along.
Though I can see that my post seems disparaging towards Skummy, that wasn't really my intent. It just seems to me that the two quotes I referenced are paradoxical and was requesting clarification from the one posting both. Also, not disagreeing with you but with such lack of any evidence..who knows where it stands?

• Thinking Face

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Though I can see that my post seems disparaging towards Skummy, that wasn't really my intent. It just seems to me that the two quotes I referenced are paradoxical and was requesting clarification from the one posting both. Also, not disagreeing with you but with such lack of any evidence..who knows where it stands?
No mate. My comment was not disparaging towards Skummy, more like finally pulling the blindfold off. What I meant was I think Skummy finally sees that the excuses are not working anymore. He sees that Latecomers head is so far up his ass that he can't see his PC to work on the merge. He sees that people are dropping this game, the profits are dropping. So what I meant was I think he is so desperate for Bluecat to get content out that he says "Fuck it, lets use MTL". Even if he hates it, he knows its progress towards updating this game. Sometimes I don't explain properly.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Please don't engage trolls or negative posters, it only encourages more activity on their end, and creates a big fuss for everyone involved.

This merge will be out this year, by which I mean at least a testers version and thus a pirated copy I'm sure, if it isn't that's probably the end of this game most certainly. Until said time arrives, however, there's still enjoy gas left in the tank to get us to the end of the year.
Well, well, well. . .What do we have here? Well guys. From Skummys mouth to us. Should have looked harder to add this to my compilation. From October 27th. Just in case anyone was wondering.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes