OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Skummy, do you have any proof, that you have personally seen, that there is significant new content? I am not talking about github updates, where anyone can write whatever gobbledygook they want. I am talking about actual images, and actual new dialog, in German or whatever?
You are asking the PR/Yes-Man if he has actual proof? I can see the future but its blurry. I can make out four things he might say to this question. 1: Insults you and everyone else asking for actual proof. 2: Writes a wall of text but never actually says anything. 3: A vague "yes" answer. 4: A miracle happens and he actually shows proof.

Seriously, he is not gonna say anything or show anything. He is PR. Meaning he is supposed to keep people on Bluecats side , or at the very least keep the damage to a minimum, and keep them happy with him. If he flat out says "Bluecat has not done shit in 20 months" , well there goes his PR position.

What would be really nice is if Skummy said fuck it and pulled a watergate and spilled all of the real shit that is happening instead of acting like it is not happening.

Last edited:

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
You are asking the PR/Yes-Man if he has actual proof? I can see the future but its blurry. I can make out four things he might say to this question. 1: Insults you and everyone else asking for actual proof. 2: Writes a wall of text but never actually says anything. 3: A vague "yes" answer. 4: A miracle happens and he actually shows proof.

Seriously, he is not gonna say anything or show anything. He is PR. Meaning he is supposed to keep people on Bluecats side , or at the very least keep the damage to a minimum, and keep them happy with him. If he flat out says "Bluecat has not done shit in 20 months" , well there goes his PR position.

What would be really nice is if Skummy said fuck it and pulled a watergate and spilled all of the real shit that is happening instead of acting like it is not happening.
Big facts. The reality is that the lack of any single image being released after nearly a year and a half of nothing shows one of two things: 1. BC is being a withholding asshole who at this point refuses to release anything just to spite people. 2. Nothing has been done and, very likely, nothing will be done and all this BS is him milking people for money as long as he possibly can at this point. Both make him shitty, but the latter makes him a straight-up crook.
And from what I’ve read of Skummy’s updates the likelihood of him going Watergate, as deserved as it would be, is very unlikely

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021

Like a few others, they've put a lot of money into this (Thousands). The last thing they'd accept is the thought of bluecat lying to them. To me skummy doesn't have any idea what's actually happening. He's just going off empty words like everyone else, and believes it without any doubt because he loses a lot of money otherwise

Plus he freely said that he's here take the heat away from bluecat; he's here to deflect away from what's happening. The PR guy that will ask questions and pretend progress is being made based on nothing, and take all the rage away. And to not only do it, but to admit it is beyond stupidity

It's like walking into a police station, admitting you murdered someone, and wondering why they're arresting you

Bluecat must think people are a new level of ret*rded to think that anyone would accept that

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
I refuse to engage at this point in time, those deletions were a wake up call for how much time I was wasting, arguing the same shit all over again. Only on here to state I'll be setting an ad for hiring German to English Translators, and not taking it down this time, fuck this whole situation. To those that give a fuck, I'm doing my best to step in as one of the few people Bluecat trusts to handle his shit for him, since he has been having so many issues. I'd translate my own damn self if I knew the slightest fucking amount of German...

Sorry folks, not gonna ask you to hang in or anything, all I can do is apologize and do all I can whether or not anyone even believes me or gives a damn. But as Dragon put it, anyone who is dismissive of me I should just be as dismissive of, good advice there.

Stay Exhausted, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out
We don't believe you because you have given us NO PROOF of ANY progress. Words are just that: words. They are hollow and meaningless without some sort of PROOF to back them up. Some sort of ACTION on BCs part to let us know that he is doing something to move the game along.

I love this game. I love the story and the renders and I did support it for a long time. What I'm saying is not out of malice or trying to discredit you or BC. I am just one of many voices that feel passionately about this game and want to see it do well.

If we just had some sort of REAL EVIDENCE that the game is moving along, you would win back a lot of hearts and minds. But for now, like I said, just words are meaningless.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
How is translation an issue? This is a merge. A merge of content that has already been translated. The new stuff (like character bios) shouldn't be difficult to translate. It's probably fewer words than the typical update. Bluecat has posted here, in English. He probably knows English well enough to do the translation himself with the help of Google Translate.

Finding translators should be fairly easy. There is literally an entire German thread on this website. Or he can ask a patron to do the translation, I'm sure they'd be glad to. This isn't like trying to hire an artist or animator. It's finding someone who knows both languages and asking them to replace the German words with English words. Pretty straightforward. We aren't talking about some obscure less common language like Icelandic. Plenty of people know both German and English.

Does anyone think most developers hire real translators? No. They hire a fan or simply add support for free fan made translation mods. People do it for free on this website all the time. The inability to find a translator is a pretty weak excuse.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Just take a look at some of these that were from Bluecats mouth.

January 2nd 2021:

Also about "milking": I already created almost two completely new updates after the month 1 merge. The current available Day release of Ecchi Sensei is day 20-21. I already created the images + coding + dialogues for Day 22+23 update and all images for Day 24-26 update and currently working on coding and dialogues while my coders and manager, who also works as proofreader and translator are busy with the merge of all previous released Ecchi Sensei updates.

Especially Latecomer, my project manager who also works as main translator is very important. (If Latecomer is his main translator shouldn't he know German? Or am I overthinking this?)

February 14 2021:

In certain areas I could look for a replacement, but the replacement would first have to be familiarized with the very complex topic. For core tasks, which e.g. Latecomer occupies, it's absolutely unthinkable to get a temporary replacement on board. (If he had just replaced him, even temporarily, they would be done.)

June 29 2021:

First of all, I don't intend to give anyone false hopes - I still cannot, in good conscience, announce a date for the release of Month 1 - BUT... We are closing in to the finish line, and the entire Ecchi Sensei team is optimistic that it could be ready soon.
At the moment, we are working on the subtleties of a number of features, such as the impeccable functionality of the character information page and its translations in all the languages we offer for the game. (See this line? Good. Read the next line from Skummy from the same day)

As of right now its just translation work for all the added features, mostly the character cards, (Remember that poll in September asking if patrons want to wait until 2022 to keep the character cards in or remove them for now to release it in 2021? Yeah, me too.)

August 14 2021:

We are also working on the translation files for the Charinfo and its functionality as a whole. (Don't worry guys. According to Skummy who gets his info from Bluecat, the biggest thing left is the translation and character cards. He told us in June.)

To be able to present you a playable Month 1 version as soon as possible, we will proceed to work our asses off. (Must have literally worked it off and had to be hospitalized for all these months.)

September 4 2021:

From Skummy:

Being clear here, all data for the chara info has already been populated by Blue, its the code that makes it work that is proving an issue of time and thus has to be put on the back burner and left alone while they commit to finally releasing Month 1 and getting things back to normal, then hopefully it can be reintroduced later on. (Didn't Skummy say in June that it was just translation work for all of the added features? Remember, he gets that info from Blue. . . Uh huh, I see that hamster wheel in your brain turning.)

-Removal of Character Info will solve the last major hurdle of the merge, thus speedlining the final build and getting us into testing phase. Keeping it in means 2022 release, and many more angry people. (Well, how did you guys like the merge? I know I enjoyed it.)

-Yes, it is still taking a long ass time, please bear just a bit longer, I know my credibility does not mean much. However, I've been trying to be a trustworthy source, and buffer for everyone's frustrations and contemplations for this entire period. I am doing my best, please just stay with be and I know we can ride this out. (Raise your hand if you trust him at this point.)

-You are being heard, understood, and communicated with, there is nothing being hidden from you, no scams, no milking, no misdirection. (Do you feel heard? Feel understood? Hows the communication? Do you believe that nothing is hidden? Scams? Milking? A PR guy misdirecting you? Hmm.)

October 11 2021: From Skummy

Reminder, the merge will be out by the end of this year, they've already scrapped Character Info for now to make that happen. (Yep)

October 29 2021: Back to Blue.

Looking for a translator! (German <-> English) (Thought Latecomer was his main translator? What happened to him?)

December 24 2021: Blue

There won't be a big merge for an extraordinarily long time after Month 1 is complete, so we will no longer run the risk of a delay. No, seriously, the next big merge will probably not come, if it comes at all, until Month 6. (Thats great. How about you finish month 1 first then worry about 6 months. Hmm ok, great.)

Thanks to some new achievements in editing the Ren'Py core code, we may have the option to never worry about merges again. I believe that is a great relief for both the dev team and all of you, our lovely patrons. (Than why don't you apply these new achievements to the current merge? Again, am I asking too much?)

January 17 2022: Back to Skummy

Bluecat did some work that he could with Merge shit, Late is still assigned to it. Nothing has changed, that's basically the take away. Bluecat is unaware at this time when he will release new content, but he did hire someone to help get the ball rolling while they wait on the Merge completion. No I don't know them, they're a translator for Blue. (Ummm. . . If he needs stuff translated, shouldn't this guy help? Or latecomer who is, once again, his main translator? I mean come on! Am I really this dumb or trying too hard to understand?)

February 13 2021: Me

What excuse will be used in this months patreon post?

Last edited:

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018

January 2nd 2021:

Also about "milking": I already created almost two completely new updates after the month 1 merge. The current available Day release of Ecchi Sensei is day 20-21. I already created the images + coding + dialogues for Day 22+23 update and all images for Day 24-26 update and currently working on coding and dialogues while my coders and manager, who also works as proofreader and translator are busy with the merge of all previous released Ecchi Sensei updates.

Especially Latecomer, my project manager who also works as main translator is very important. (If Latecomer is his main translator shouldn't he know German? Or am I overthinking this?)

February 14 2021:

In certain areas I could look for a replacement, but the replacement would first have to be familiarized with the very complex topic. For core tasks, which e.g. Latecomer occupies, it's absolutely unthinkable to get a temporary replacement on board. (If he had just replaced him, even temporarily, they would be done.)

June 29 2021:

First of all, I don't intend to give anyone false hopes - I still cannot, in good conscience, announce a date for the release of Month 1 - BUT... We are closing in to the finish line, and the entire Ecchi Sensei team is optimistic that it could be ready soon.
At the moment, we are working on the subtleties of a number of features, such as the impeccable functionality of the character information page and its translations in all the languages we offer for the game. (See this line? Good. Read the next line from Skummy from the same day)

As of right now its just translation work for all the added features, mostly the character cards, (Remember that poll in September asking if patrons want to wait until 2022 to keep the character cards in or remove them for now to release it in 2021? Yeah, me too.)

August 14 2021:

We are also working on the translation files for the Charinfo and its functionality as a whole. (Don't worry guys. According to Skummy who gets his info from Bluecat, the biggest thing left is the translation and character cards. He told us in June.)

To be able to present you a playable Month 1 version as soon as possible, we will proceed to work our asses off. (Must have literally worked it off and had to be hospitalized for all these months.)

September 4 2021:

From Skummy:

Being clear here, all data for the chara info has already been populated by Blue, its the code that makes it work that is proving an issue of time and thus has to be put on the back burner and left alone while they commit to finally releasing Month 1 and getting things back to normal, then hopefully it can be reintroduced later on. (Didn't Skummy say in June that it was just translation work for all of the added features? Remember, he gets that info from Blue. . . Uh huh, I see that hamster wheel in your brain turning.)

-Removal of Character Info will solve the last major hurdle of the merge, thus speedlining the final build and getting us into testing phase. Keeping it in means 2022 release, and many more angry people. (Well, how did you guys like the merge? I know I enjoyed it.)

-Yes, it is still taking a long ass time, please bear just a bit longer, I know my credibility does not mean much. However, I've been trying to be a trustworthy source, and buffer for everyone's frustrations and contemplations for this entire period. I am doing my best, please just stay with be and I know we can ride this out. (Raise your hand if you trust him at this point.)

-You are being heard, understood, and communicated with, there is nothing being hidden from you, no scams, no milking, no misdirection. (Do you feel heard? Feel understood? Hows the communication? Do you believe that nothing is hidden? Scams? Milking? A PR guy misdirecting you? Hmm.)

Looking for a translator! (German <-> English) (Thought Latecomer was his main translator? What happened to him?)

There won't be a big merge for an extraordinarily long time after Month 1 is complete, so we will no longer run the risk of a delay. No, seriously, the next big merge will probably not come, if it comes at all, until Month 6. (Thats great. How about you finish month 1 first then worry about 6 months. Hmm ok, great.)

Thanks to some new achievements in editing the Ren'Py core code, we may have the option to never worry about merges again. I believe that is a great relief for both the dev team and all of you, our lovely patrons. (Than why don't you apply these new achievements to the current merge? Again, am I asking too much?)

Bluecat did some work that he could with Merge shit, Late is still assigned to it. Nothing has changed, that's basically the take away. Bluecat is unaware at this time when he will release new content, but he did hire someone to help get the ball rolling while they wait on the Merge completion. No I don't know them, they're a translator for Blue. (Ummm. . . If he needs stuff translated, shouldn't this guy help? Or latecomer who is, once again, his main translator? I mean come on! Am I really this dumb or trying too hard to understand?)

You're doing great work. Can't wait to see their response to this.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020

January 2nd 2021:

February 14 2021:

June 29 2021:

August 14 2021:

September 4 2021:

From Skummy:

Everyone! Place your bets for this month's explanation

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Minx077 and Jeancul

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
How is translation an issue? This is a merge. A merge of content that has already been translated. The new stuff (like character bios) shouldn't be difficult to translate. It's probably fewer words than the typical update. Bluecat has posted here, in English. He probably knows English well enough to do the translation himself with the help of Google Translate.

Finding translators should be fairly easy. There is literally an entire German thread on this website. Or he can ask a patron to do the translation, I'm sure they'd be glad to. This isn't like trying to hire an artist or animator. It's finding someone who knows both languages and asking them to replace the German words with English words. Pretty straightforward. We aren't talking about some obscure less common language like Icelandic. Plenty of people know both German and English.

Does anyone think most developers hire real translators? No. They hire a fan or simply add support for free fan made translation mods. People do it for free on this website all the time. The inability to find a translator is a pretty weak excuse.
The "Plan B" mentioned in the case of them missing the New Years deadline was scrapping the merge in exchange of just releasing the next days. So, they might actually need a translator for realsies this time. But yeah, they should really just half arse it for now, and come back to it later when it isn't holding up development.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Bluecats said that most the work is done for the next two updates over a year ago. So if it is the translation causing the issue for the next days, he should be able to easily release those updates in German right away. And release the English versions when the translation is finished (Which should take a few days)

But that would only be the case if bluecat was telling the truth

The plan b was supposed to have started after December 2021. That's when the deadline that turned out to not be a real deadline (It was a 3 week holiday break) was missed. So that's 2 months of not being able to release an update that by his own words should be finished

And he said that over a year ago: January 2021

So unless the next 4 updates are ready to be released, what's bluecat done for the past 12 months as well? Or let me guess, the dialogue for the second update took a year to complete

My guess of what he's done is nothing

How people are happy to be robbed of their money baffles me

Falkfisch

Aug 10, 2018
Also ich spiele das Spiel lieber in englisch, denn die deutsche Übersetzung ist, gelinde gesagt, grauenvoll...
Ich verstehe die Problematik dahinter nicht, denn dass was für die ersten drei Wochen als deutsche Übersetzung abgeliefert wurde, kam doch eindeutig aus dem Google-Translator...
Wortwitz, sprachliche Adaption, Grammatik, alles nicht vorhanden...
Theoretisch bräuchte man nur einen deutschen Muttersprachler, der den Sinn der englischen Texte per Google grob übersetzt und dann korrekt überträgt...

Well I prefer to play the game in English, the German translation is awful to say the least...
I don't understand the problem behind it, because what was delivered as a German translation in the first three weeks clearly came from Google translator...
Word joke, linguistic adjustment, grammar, everything is missing...
Theoretically, you only need a German native speaker who roughly translates the meaning of the english texts via Google and then transfers them correctly...

Last edited:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020

As of right now its just translation work for all the added features, mostly the character cards,

From Skummy:

-------------

Great compilation here, cut down the quote for relevant parts I wanna reply too.

I swear a post or so I said please don't tell me it's character cards :ROFLMAO: I've forgotten everything that was said but clearly I must of unconsciously known that's what it was after looking back now. I guess just so we're all clear, the ONLY text that needs translating is related to the character cards yeah? I'm kind of surprised it wasn't already done back in week 2 or 3 whenever it was disabled but that's neither here nor there. Point is it really isn't that much, and who knows what "subtleties" the card info was supposed to have. Why hasn't BlueCat expanded upon this to try and explain why it's been so difficult.

Man I am so extremely interested in this core renpy code thing that will magically enable them to never worry about merges again. You can already accomplish this by just smart design you don't need to modify the source code to achieve that. I might actually get interested enough to learn python and see what their released version ends up being just so I can rip it apart because it will seems illogical and just like a lie to me.

February 14 2021:

Also this, I would love to hear a no bullshit answer to what they would have to be familiarized with to such an extent that it makes it impossible to replace him. If you hire anyone from here or similar minded communities I can't see what the problem would be, and outside of these places do people really care what they are hired to translate (if that's what it is) cause money is money at the end of the day. The only thing I can imagine for the "complex topic" would be hiring people to help make renders? Perhaps some animations? but you could just think outside of the box since from what I understand PlayHome etc is built off Unity so you have to make them in that first before porting them into the other, so.. hire unity devs in this case? I'm just speculating here though I know you can do it with assets (models) but I'm unsure on animations.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Also ich spiele das Spiel lieber in englisch, denn die deutsche Übersetzung ist, gelinde gesagt, grauenvoll...
Ich verstehe die Problematik dahinter nicht, denn dass was für die ersten drei Wochen als drei Wochen als deutsche Übersetzung abgeliefert wurde, kam doch eindeutig aus dem Google-Translator...
Theoretisch bräuchte man nur einen deutschen Muttersprachler, der den Sinn der englischen Texte per Google grob übersetzt und dann korrekt überträgt...

Well I prefer to play the game in English, the German translation is awful to say the least...
I don't understand the problem behind it, because what was delivered as a German translation in the first three weeks clearly came from Google translator...
Theoretically, you only need a German native speaker who roughly translates the meaning of the english texts via Google and then transfers them correctly...
Damn Falk, sounds like you know better German than Bluecat. Maybe you should apply for that translator job. Just think, if you are accepted you'd get to work with some of the greatest devs on this planet.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Ich verstehe die Problematik dahinter nicht, denn dass was für die ersten drei Wochen als drei Wochen als deutsche Übersetzung abgeliefert wurde, kam doch eindeutig aus dem Google-Translator...

Hast du dich gerade freiwillig gemeldet? ;)

Did you just volunteer?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Skalli and Jeancul

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018

Funny part about that, Bluecat is German so the German is actually the original and English is the translation.

• Haha
Reactions: npezone and Jeancul

Falkfisch

Aug 10, 2018
Funny part about that, Bluecat is German so the German is actually the original and English is the translation.
Und warum ist der erste Teil dann überhaupt nicht übersetzt und was sollen dann die Probleme mit der deutschen Übersetzung?
Sollten die Fehler dann nicht eher in der englischen Übersetzung auftauchen?
Ich bin selbst Deutscher, habe die ersten drei Wochen gespielt und glaub mir, kein Deutscher würde das so schreiben.
Und nein, ich habe mich nicht freiwillig gemeldet, ich bin mit meiner Arbeit leider voll ausgelastet...

And why is the first part not translated at all and what are the problems with the german translation?
Shouldn't the errors then show up more in the english translation?
I'm German myself, I played the first three weeks and believe me, no German would write it like that.
And no, I didn't volunteer, unfortunately I'm busy with my work...

Apart from that, I just wanted to know if there are any more days planned...
And where did the "Dark Mind" patch actually go?

Last edited:
Reactions: Skalli

huge43

Jul 2, 2017
Leave it to Germans to insult the Austrians on their German, because its not their dialect they know and find the superior version of. Its the same as calling someone's work in English trash because they refuse to use the British grammar rules, spellings, and sentence structures, even though they live in America and that's how Americans write instead.
Actually, there are no British grammar rules, they are English, because thats what the language is. Americans just bastardised words and turned them to lazy slang, but pivotally they still follow the same grammar (PS I'm a Scotsman, so know all about different dialects)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Skalli and Jeancul

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Ich verstehe die Problematik dahinter nicht, denn dass was für die ersten drei Wochen als deutsche Übersetzung abgeliefert wurde, kam doch eindeutig aus dem Google-Translator...

Well, I also prefer to play AVNs in English but it's funny to hear that the original German script is bad. Maybe it's worth a try to get a laugh out of it.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes