OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
But what makes less sense is why latecomer is still listed as the Ecchi Manager. When they're apparently not on the team anymore.
Edit: As for LAtecomer, he's still in the Discord, so I'm not sure what's happening.
Don't wonder about Latecomer. Skummy will show up later, tell us to shut the fuck up about Latecomer and the merge, proceed to tell us how Bluecat is hard at work, then ask us about who's tits are the best. Just be patient. He'll give us all the info we need to solve this wonderment.

Armnorn

Jan 27, 2021
Another thing that rubs me the wrong way is that BC basically only updates his very high tier patreons. Everybody else just gets a "working on it" in a few more words every 3 months or so. Apparently everybody giving him less than like 50 quid a month are not worth talking to.

Like I get why he doesn't talk to the people in this forum. I disagree with it strongly. But I can see where he is coming from. But to also keep the people in the dark that do pay him is a bit of a dick move. Like the last update the "normal" (as in not paying more money to him than a Netflix subscribtion costs) patreon supporters got, was also in december where it was basically "yeah the merge is being worked on".

And he is asking 4,50€ to even get that much. So basically he is asking 15€, if you keep pleding, to be told every 3 months: "working on it".

It is pretty sad. Also the main reason I stopped supporting like a year ago. Again sometimes stuff spirals out of control. Shit happens. As I have said before. But holy shit fix your communication BlueCat. If not to us "freeloaders and pirates" then maybe at least to the people that pay you. Even if it isn't the cost of a AAA video game every month

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
It's probably too late to make much of a difference, but regular, official and public status updates would have kept more good will, trust and money than this nightmare limbo scenario we're in. At this point, the only thing that's gonna work is actual progress.
Yeah, I tried explaining that to BC on Discord, but didn't make much progress. It's not worth much, but I did get:
as soon as i get more infos, i will post a status update
from him yesterday at least. So, progress? I guess? But not really?

Reactions: Skalli

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Yeah, I tried explaining that to BC on Discord, but didn't make much progress. It's not worth much, but I did get:
The status update will probably say something like "The Portuguese translations are almost finished. Don't worry my paying people, in the next mega merge at 6 months it will be easier than the month 1 merge." I very much doubt that there will be any actual progress in the post. Just filler and nonsense to make it seem important.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
You'd think the guy running the show would have all the info he needs, lol. Bouncing off the patreon updates though I do think he should return them back to public ones, or at least for a while after some consistency in releases has come back.

The status update will probably say something like "The Portuguese translations are almost finished. Don't worry my paying people, in the next mega merge at 6 months it will be easier than the month 1 merge." I very much doubt that there will be any actual progress in the post. Just filler and nonsense to make it seem important.
Sad part is even once it's here, it'll be in alpha/beta for probably an extra month on top lol. Perhaps he plays Star Citizen and deems these development times acceptable.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
I refuse to engage at this point in time, those deletions were a wake up call for how much time I was wasting, arguing the same shit all over again. Only on here to state I'll be setting an ad for hiring German to English Translators, and not taking it down this time, fuck this whole situation. To those that give a fuck, I'm doing my best to step in as one of the few people Bluecat trusts to handle his shit for him, since he has been having so many issues. I'd translate my own damn self if I knew the slightest fucking amount of German...

Sorry folks, not gonna ask you to hang in or anything, all I can do is apologize and do all I can whether or not anyone even believes me or gives a damn. But as Dragon put it, anyone who is dismissive of me I should just be as dismissive of, good advice there.

Stay Exhausted, Stay Ecchi!

~Skummy Out

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
I'd translate my own damn self if I knew the slightest fucking amount of German...
That's just an excuse. Go for it. I translated Marsupilami movie from frenchish language (perhaps valloon, as machine translation knew only half of the words) to finnish without knowing more than couple french words. Later it got translated officially and I haven't done comparison yet, but I think my version was somewhat close to original meaning :D

Why is translation even issue when we're talking about merge, which has already been fully translated. From what I've seen Bluecat messaging in Discord, his english would be decent enough for publication. I'm sure fans would correct all mistakes in few days after first release.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Why is translation even issue when we're talking about merge, which has already been fully translated. From what I've seen Bluecat messaging in Discord, his english would be decent enough for publication. I'm sure fans would correct all mistakes in few days after first release.
He needs a translator for the new stuff. Thats what we've been told.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
That's just an excuse. Go for it. I translated Marsupilami movie from frenchish language (perhaps valloon, as machine translation knew only half of the words) to finnish without knowing more than couple french words. Later it got translated officially and I haven't done comparison yet, but I think my version was somewhat close to original meaning :D

Yeah I still don't get this hang up on translation when all the days that's in the merge has already been translated prior. They do NOT need to be re-translated and I've yet to hear BlueCat or Skummy explain what exactly is getting translated in the merge that isn't already done. Even if it's extra stuff it would be overwhelmingly minor stuff that wouldn't take 18 months or Bluecat could probably do himself -- pls don't tell me its the fuckin character card info lol since it's supposed to be scrapped in the merge to get it out currently.

Bluecat be like:

npezone

Dec 31, 2020
He needs a translator for the new stuff. Thats what we've been told.
I know this is a stupid observation, but: if the issue is translation, they could have just published a German version.
I mean; that would instantly nullify 90% of the criticism/complaints, while there would probably be a ‘fan’ translation (effectively work for free) within a week, it would probably make more linguistic/grammatical sense than it currently does, and half the players probably don’t bother reading the text anyway...

Obviously; I specifically said IF. It’s also quite obviously not the case.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
I know this is a stupid observation, but: if the issue is translation, they could have just published a German version.
I mean; that would instantly nullify 90% of the criticism/complaints, while there would probably be a ‘fan’ translation (effectively work for free) within a week, it would probably make more linguistic/grammatical sense than it currently does, and half the players probably don’t bother reading the text anyway...

Obviously; I specifically said IF. It’s also quite obviously not the case.
Me personally, my view is that you can't translate something that doesn't exist. Bluecat has been lying to people for over a year and Skummy is Bluecats yes-man, so who the fuck knows if he is even telling the truth about translating. Yes, I do agree with you. If they did release it in German, it would be translated for free by people on here. A few posts back I mentioned machine translating German to English and letting native English speakers fix the grammer. Either one of these would be faster than looking for a translator for 10 months.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
This is an excellent idea. I bet with machine translation, and us fans going over the script to change odd English word choice, it would be fully translated in a week, like you said.

Me personally, my view is that you can't translate something that doesn't exist.
This is almost certainly the real truth.

To those that give a fuck, I'm doing my best to step in as one of the few people Bluecat trusts to handle his shit for him, since he has been having so many issues. I'd translate my own damn self if I knew the slightest fucking amount of German...
It seems every other month Bluecat has more excuses why he can't show anything. First it was the merge, next it was new features, then it was fixing the character bios, then it was fixing the code, then it was translating into Portuguese, then it was compressing the image size of the main menu, and now it is his inability to find German to English translators.

Skummy, do you have any proof, that you have personally seen, that there is significant new content? I am not talking about github updates, where anyone can write whatever gobbledygook they want. I am talking about actual images, and actual new dialog, in German or whatever?

Other than Bluecat just telling you stuff he is supposedly doing, do you have any actual proof that you have seen that BlueCat himself has done anything significant in the last 16 months?

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes