AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
I see. So Bluecat is such an incredibly proficient writer, that nobody can keep up with the translation! And since nobody can translate Bluecat's awesome output, he doesn't feel like making any images, since it would be a waste of time. (Huh? I don't get this part, but whatever).

So Bluecat is really the victim here, of his own incredible talent. If only he worked less, we might have something to see after more than a year.
Best part of this is there were a couple German speakers that played the German version and apparently the writing is absolute trash. I wouldn't be surprised if the translators keep quitting not because of how much there is to translate but because of how much extra work there'd be on top of translations. I wonder if it would be better for Bluecat to look for a writer that he just feeds general ideas to rather trying to find someone who'd translate all his stuff.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
If i understand Skummy correctly Blue writes much more than the text that makes it into the game. But is this really relevant here? The interesting thing is what text is put into the game. It doesn't matter how much additional text Blue hides in his cellar. Only what goes into the game. That is also the only text that needs translating...
It's also not uncommon in any media for scripts to get changed, expanded upon, or reduced either depending on what it's trying to convey in that 'scene'. It's probably more common things get overall reduced because yeah you could write for days but does every little bit need to actually be included? In most cases no.

Ii Bluecat writes a script, and it needs translated, there is only so much a translator is gonna translate before they get burnout in the process.
This is so dumb, like honestly. He is paying someone to translate. Let's boil it down to a normal job, someone doesn't get "burnt" out just like that, it takes typically (many?) years for that to happen. It's dumb logic since repetition is part of like every job there is and you go into said job knowing that much. I can understand translations taking a while and a good product manager understands that and creates plans around however much take it takes to create a consistent schedule, but this isn't an issue here. We've gone 18 months with nothing, of which the translation isn't even part of the issue for why nothing has released either and based off previous history prior to the merge bullshit, the time for translations also wouldn't be an issue for any future content because it has never really been an issue, it's always been code related stuff.

-----

Also related to showing pictures, I know in the past Bluecat has designed areas or remastered some himself for future updates hasn't he? If his still been working I would say it's somewhat likely this would happen for future content he might have been working on already. Couldn't he show off 'pictures' highlighting some new areas his made without it being "spoilers" if that's what his afraid of. (spoiler: it's not)

fashtar

Mar 23, 2019
I have read all the latest pages and I have to say... I am severely disappointed in all of you who just shit on Skummy Ecchi.

Now I get your frustration over the fact that BC hasn't released anything relating to Month 1, and I share your frustration. But that is no excuse whatsoever to accuse SE of being a simp. You don't get to shit on him just because there is no update.

I want there to be an update as soon as possible, and I understand there isn't any, so I waste my time on doing something else. You guys just yell and harass someone who's trying to help both sides at once, and that makes you very ungrateful shits.

If you want there to be a translation for the game so it can be released sooner, how come you don't try and do it yourselves?

On this site, we are pirates. We steal the games and we download them for free. I've never hidden this fact on this site and some of us aren't patrons. I know I'm not. So I keep my mouth shut. So what's your excuse? If you're a patron, I get that you are frustrated. If you're a pirate, then you should go play another game in the meantime and wait.

Just don't be fucking assholes for no good reason.

Raxac

Jul 26, 2017
At this point there are just pointless argument in this thread, BlueCat has more than month until 3months limit, so he will definitely post something on his patreon and if there will be no update, but another excuses, so it's just mean that this game is dead(if there are still ppl who honestly thinks that this game has future or chance of ever being finished)

eh... and to you Skummy just pls do yourself a favor and stop, as i mentioned before it's completely fine if u know something but for whatever reason don't want to share it with everyone else but don't use it as an argument "i saw this" "i know that" like honestly how did this turned out for you before? don't expect ppl to believe in everything you post without any actual evidence to what u say, well u know why since what ppl lately do in this thread is quote your posts that turned out to be a lie.

I honestly wonder what Blue thinks of what u doing here lately since it so fu***** stupid because we know that he do check and read what ppl replay in this thread, but maybe he's fine with it since it more about you tha him in this thread right now which is another stupid thing.

I have read all the latest pages and I have to say... I am severely disappointed in all of you who just shit on Skummy Ecchi.

Now I get your frustration over the fact that BC hasn't released anything relating to Month 1, and I share your frustration. But that is no excuse whatsoever to accuse SE of being a simp. You don't get to shit on him just because there is no update.

I want there to be an update as soon as possible, and I understand there isn't any, so I waste my time on doing something else. You guys just yell and harass someone who's trying to help both sides at once, and that makes you very ungrateful shits.

If you want there to be a translation for the game so it can be released sooner, how come you don't try and do it yourselves?

On this site, we are pirates. We steal the games and we download them for free. I've never hidden this fact on this site and some of us aren't patrons. I know I'm not. So I keep my mouth shut. So what's your excuse? If you're a patron, I get that you are frustrated. If you're a pirate, then you should go play another game in the meantime and wait.

Just don't be fucking assholes for no good reason.
I do agree that shitting on Skummy is stupid, but he is the reason for it and he perfectly know why ppl do that so if he repeats the same mistake over and over again so ppl can pick on what he says then is he's fault only here, and the rest of what u wrote is so stupid that i will leave it without a comment.

Last edited:

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
See, I HAVE the proof, I have the script, I've seen the code, I know what the hell is going on. But it isn't MINE to share, and that's where I have to cut myself off because I'm only making things worse and getting into a pissing contest over jack squat. I'm plenty pissed, but I also am over it and just trying to not put shit on blast. Don't take my helpfulness for acceptance please, I'm angry but I also am just not gonna get all worked up about it regardless of how much time and money I committed. I just do not have the energy to maintain that level of hate :)

I have no goodwill, no PR spins left, and frankly without the ability to reassure that things are at least progressing I'm doing far more harm than good. I thought if I could get ya'll pissed with me it would help keep shit maintained but, eh, that's just gonna get me banned lol. I'll be back when I have proof this whole thing wasn't a complete sham flim flam case of spam :3 I'm not quitting entirely, but I'm just not gonna be an ass either and wait till I have something to hand over.

I can't make anyone feel a certain way, but I'm generally just kind of numb and I'm waiting on feedback at this stage that I can relay to here. I do apologize to those who are actually civil with me for my actions, everyone else can bite me :D
I have empathy for you, don’t think that I don’t appreciate the difficulty of your position just because I’m being a little hard on you-I’m sure a lot of people here feel the same-but have you at least asked him why there hasn’t been a single image, or at this point any shred of physical proof, that we can see? Then we could get off your case and let’s sleeping cats lie(So to speak lol)

phox00

Apr 29, 2018
If we disregard the quality of blues script for the game we still have an average of around 60k words per day and as every release are 2 days we get an avg. of 120k words. As someone already mentioned thats worth more than 2 light novels and takes some people around 4-6 months. While the release was supposed to be every 2 months I can see why it could burnout a translator who does this as a sidegig besides his or her fulltime job

• Haha
Reactions: Iumak00 and Jeancul

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
If we disregard the quality of blues script for the game we still have an average of around 60k words per day and as every release are 2 days we get an avg. of 120k words. As someone already mentioned thats worth more than 2 light novels and takes some people around 4-6 months. While the release was supposed to be every 2 months I can see why it could burnout a translator who does this as a sidegig besides his or her fulltime job
Each month, at least 1 in-game day was released, a lot of the time it was 2 in-game days. So if they could do it then, they could do it now. When you see that, you see it's an excuse

An excuse to say the next update will take another 6 months. For 1 in-game day

And think about what's being said here. Potential translators that have done no work on the script, are being burnt out by the script. They look at the word count, get exhausted and decide to quit before they started

And let's say if it is true, if the games burning out translators that haven't even been recruited yet. Then it's finished

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
What a novel idea, but that would require BlueCat to actually release something. Others have said he should just release the native german version and bet it gets translated by someone not long after. Probably would happen but we'll never know.

And think about what's being said here. Potential translators that have done no work on the script, are being burnt out by the script. They look at the word count, get exhausted and decide to quit before they started

And let's say if it is true, if the games burning out translators that haven't even been recruited yet. Then it's finished
If this is actually true though, then it's not something that will magically fix itself (his had 18 months) and would require being proactive on BlueCat's part to alter how he designs the game so he can deliver smaller scripts to be translated, or just cut down on them altogether.

Game's design is supposed to change after month 1 anyway, can't remember exactly how it's supposed to be but if it's more like, quest orientated then you could just hand them character-specific scripts to translate. Though like, wouldn't you already be handing any 'new' translators a smaller script as like a trial anyway to make sure they can competently do it, before handing them the remaining full script?

This translation stuff still seems like a distraction to me though.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
This translation stuff still seems like a distraction to me though.
That's what I think. It's too nonsensical to be real. New translators can't be getting burnt out by the workload when they haven't even started anything. People take months or years to burn out, not a day

Firstly it was translators agreeing to work and then disappearing, and now it's translators being burnt out from legitimately nothing

The excuses are so poorly made

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
Did the first month ever get completed? This one just sorta fell off the radar.
It wasn't working, so the merge is being put aside. Supposedly, we'll just be getting new days from now on. That's apparently run into it's own share of problems though. So, officially, it's still ongoing, but we actually don't know for sure.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
The excuses are so poorly made
This also why I don't think it's a scam. A scammer would come up with credible reasons to string along donors to try to hang on to them for as long as possible. This is just a failure of leadership and the failure to change when things are clearly not working.

The excuses have gone from plausible to simply outlandish. While I don't think it's a scam, I don't think BC should have kept up the Patreon payments either. When development failed to hit the target, pause the Patreon and reassess. If you want to keep the merge, put out a new chapter, even if it is in German and machine translate for now. There are plenty of options available, but BC keeps taking the most unacceptable route. No matter what, it is pointless to argue about it here. If his fans what to pay for new and inventive excuses instead of progress, that's on them. At this point, it seems like it is one of those games where you can pop into the thread and see if anything has changed, and if not, pop back out. I hate to see it like this, but it seems like BC and a group of dedicated fans would rather continue doing what is clearly not working instead of taking a different route.

Jul 17, 2019
Also this, I would love to hear a no bullshit answer to what they would have to be familiarized with to such an extent that it makes it impossible to replace him. If you hire anyone from here or similar minded communities I can't see what the problem would be, and outside of these places do people really care what they are hired to translate (if that's what it is) cause money is money at the end of the day. The only thing I can imagine for the "complex topic" would be hiring people to help make renders? Perhaps some animations? but you could just think outside of the box since from what I understand PlayHome etc is built off Unity so you have to make them in that first before porting them into the other, so.. hire unity devs in this case? I'm just speculating here though I know you can do it with assets (models) but I'm unsure on animations.
To be fair, any two-bit for fun coder could've learned and completed it by now, seeing as a whole year has passed since saying that Late's job is irreplaceable.

Bruh its not that outlandish, if you've seen what Selebus outputs you'd have an idea just how much someone who is enthusiastic about their story can write for it. Now ask someone to translate that on a deadline, and you need to start trimming it back.
There's some major differences though, Selebus is extremely active in his community, and actually shows progress, previews, continuous update posts, progress trackers, pumps out 2 updates that are (from memory, seeing as I haven't played Ecchi Sensei anymore in a long time) roughly the same size as a single ES update per month content wise (unless it's an event update, which are larger, then it's 1 a month), and creates over 75 custom request images, etc.

Also had to rewrite his whole game to fit patreon ToS and did it in a bit over a month. That's writing the updated lines, changing some core mechanics of the game, and changing the code. A bit over a month.

Now I don't like to compare creators to eachother, but damn if you think you can compare Selebus to BC you are out of your mind. And that is still saying it as a fan of the game BC created.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be a solution to just do what chinese fans are doing for video games? create a discord group and just brainstorm the translation together. If you can't find a professional able to work on it it's probably the second hand best solution.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
It's definitely a scam and has been obvious for at least a year. I'm baffled that he's still getting thousands in Patreon money but I guess there are just absolute morons who have no idea how to keep track of their money.
Whats the game on sig. I typed harem king found nothing

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes