Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Regardless of any current "PC issues" so long as he access to the files, since his supposedly already done the hard work you can put it into renpy with potato pc so there should be zero reason an update doesn't come out this month. Unless his lying, of course.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Regardless of any current "PC issues" so long as he access to the files, since his supposedly already done the hard work you can put it into renpy with potato pc so there should be zero reason an update doesn't come out this month. Unless his lying, of course.
It isn't BlueCat's fault his computer and all backup files were sent to the Phantom zone. ;)

nosbos

Nov 1, 2017
I need to just quit talking, you guys get very amped up about anything I say, I'll be back when there's update news I guess.
I don't want to insult nor offense you. First of all it's nice to see how loyal you're as a friend and that you defend him. I can honor that.

But honestly: Everything new seems very suspisious. First we reach the 1.5 year without update and abandoned mark this or next month. "Suddenly" there will be an update this month. Then to lower the expectations because it seemed like a 1.5 year update/content, the content will only be that of an normal update. Sorry, but in my opinion this seems just like an "save my ass" move to avoid the abandoned tag, which will newer members keep away from this thread/game.

How is it possible to justify 1.5 years without a single update. I have zero experience with coding/programming, art renpy and all that stuff... but 1.5 years is a really long time. Give the failure of the merge, health probs, technical probs whatever.
Sorry, but it seems very coincidental how everything happened over last 1.5 years.
For me it just means that Bluecat followed the route like other Devs (Gumdropstyle) did. (Ok now I have Gangnamstyle as a catchy tune).

How can you still believe him, after all that happened in the last 1.5 years. Yes I know, that he's your friend... but it's a fact that nothing happened/updated for 1.5 years. I'm just asking because I'm curious

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
But honestly: Everything new seems very suspisious. First we reach the 1.5 year without update and abandoned mark this or next month. "Suddenly" there will be an update this month.
I can't fault the suspicion, but I think concluding the promised update is due to the impending abandoned tag is confusing correlation with causation. Aside from a bit of speculative discussion in early Feb, AFAICT the 18 month cut-off wasn't widely discussed until after Skummy announced the plans for an April release. The decision to go with MTL is a more reasonable explanation for the "suddenness" of the promised update IMO.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
I can't fault the suspicion, but I think concluding the promised update is due to the impending abandoned tag is confusing correlation with causation. Aside from a bit of speculative discussion in early Feb, AFAICT the 18 month cut-off wasn't widely discussed until after Skummy announced the plans for an April release. The decision to go with MTL is a more reasonable explanation for the "suddenness" of the promised update IMO.
Everyone seems to have forgotten that MTL was a massive step in getting things moving, now that things have gotten moving.

Redyscom

Aug 8, 2017
If we don't see the update or at least a release date on maximum May, I'll considered Ecchi Sensei abandoned, BlueCat not a scammer (Because we have a big part of a incomplete game) but a lier and there will not be reason to talk about the game or the dev anymore.

BC not gonna recover the numbers that lost these months, not until more updates with quallity, content and made in short time.

• Haha
Reactions: Minx077 and Jeancul

jodike

Oct 14, 2017
Wait, why in the hell are people claiming I'm making excuses? Bluecat has a higher end PC and normally two monitors, I'm just saying one monitor is busted atm and he doesn't currently have access to his main PC for whatever reason. You guys are being a bit odd and trying to connect dots that aren't there. Sometimes shit breaks, that's how life works.
And what he can't buy a new monitor with all that monthly patreon money, hell a decent 1080p screen is 200 maybe 300 and he could even go 2nd hand.

Tbh this game has gone the same way multiple high supporter games have gone, the dev sees all the easy money and instead of keeping up the decent and timely updates, they start to slow down the updates and decrease the size of them and most of the time the quality also takes a nosedive to milk as much money out of their supporters as possible.

Summertime saga, taffy tales and a few other high supporter games have been doing this where instead of them putting out their updates every few weeks its not around 3 to 6 months at average for the same content normally was added in a few weeks and the content tends to be lower quality as well.

Hell i fully expect this game to pull a breeding season and break up due to the absolute mismanagement that happened over the last 2 years and then the dev will just start another similar shittier project to milk even more money.

There is no excuse for the dev that he has done absolute fuck all for the last 2 years.

Redyscom

Aug 8, 2017
Summertime saga, taffy tales and a few other high supporter games have been doing this where instead of them putting out their updates every few weeks its not around 3 to 6 months at average for the same content normally was added in a few weeks and the content tends to be lower quality as well.
DarkCookie announced when they started to work on the "Tech Update" (70% complete to the moment). They said that the update gonna be necessary in order to make new things, events, etc. but take a lot of time.

In any update they post a bar where you can see the percent that they have advance, a timeline where you can see what they gonna do in the next update and they post sneakpeaks about the new content.

jodike

Oct 14, 2017
DarkCookie announced when they started to work on the "Tech Update" (70% complete to the moment). They said that the update gonna be necessary in order to make new things, events, etc. but take a lot of time.

In any update they post a bar where you can see the percent that they have advance, a timeline where you can see what they gonna do in the next update and they post sneakpeaks about the new content.
at least DarkCookie communicates unlike a certain dev of the current game thread we are commenting in

Hydronicz

Sep 24, 2017
It makes no difference if he releases something or not at this point, the reason why doesn't even matter.
There is no way the game will get back to the financial backing it was (or even close).
If he decides to milk it even more and not call it quits he has to switch over to call it a "remake" or something picked up by greencat, which will also not yield the hoped results.

Awesome project, terrible team. R.I.P.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
I've always thought this but was afraid to say it. (y)
Skummy Ecchi is Bluecat in disguise. :KEK:
I hate to burst the weird narrative bubble that y'all created in your head but....
If Bluecat could speak english nearly as well as Skummy, we would have had updates much sooner. The whole problem to begin with was that Bluecat needed a translator and didn't want to use MTL or did y'all just conveniently forget that? I'm not defending Bluecat but Skummy's right, y'all create some weird ass scenarios in that head of yours. So instead of creating false scenarios in your head... Do something productive with that creativity of yours and make a VN yourself.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I hate to burst the weird narrative bubble that y'all created in your head but....
If Bluecat could speak english nearly as well as Skummy, we would have had updates much sooner. The whole problem to begin with was that Bluecat needed a translator and didn't want to use MTL or did y'all just conveniently forget that? I'm not defending Bluecat but Skummy's right, y'all create some weird ass scenarios in that head of yours. So instead of creating false scenarios in your head... Do something productive with that creativity of yours and make a VN yourself.
I hate to burst your bubble but that was a joke, not a dick. Don't take it so hard.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
View attachment 1745610

Well people liked it more than your inane dribble... now be a good boi and leave me alone.

If you are such a fan of Bluecat then please relay this message from me.

Bist du so deppat oda stellst di nu so?
It's funny you used the word inane but everything I said was indeed factual.
The inane thing is trying to make a joke about someone being someone else when clearly that would be the inane thing here. Trying to state that Skummy was Bluecat in disguise when Bluecat can't speak a speck of proper english. That's inane. Joke or not. It's what causes misinformation. That kind of thing can really hurt people. I'm not a fan of bluecat's. But that doesn't mean my moral compass is always pointing south. All I'm asking is you're going to make a joke, please make sure it's funny. And can't be taken as misinformation, and potentially ruin people. Skummy's doing good work here and is giving a lot of people a lot more information than they had before. No need to throw him under the bus for shit Bluecat's doing. All he's doing is playing PR and keeping us up to date. That's a lot more than can be said for most people that come on here looking for arguments and shilling on others without the full story.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes