YoukoKurama

Nov 29, 2017
I have some sympathy for Blue Cat, I mean I get it, you get hoodwinked you want to believe the people you are paying are working or are sympathetic to their excuses of why they are having problems. But at somepoint you need to be the boss and put your foot down and say okay show me your progress or you're fired. That's where he has a problem.

Then when they're shown to be a charalatan you completely ruin their reputation and make sure everyone knows how much of a liar they are so they never find work in this industry again under that name. The whole excuse about how "it's hard to find good people" I mean I know there are several adult game industry discords, reddit, etc. I'm quite sure blue cat would be in at least one of them. You work in those networks first, in which there are plenty of people. Then if you can't find anyone already in the industry you expand outwards. I mean if he doesn't want to pay a premium price for professionals that's a separate matter but the people are out there.

I certainly feel like some of the game mechanics needs to have some expecations cut. There are many things while nice in a game completely aren't necessary in a game like this. What purpose does the calendar serve? There is no way to logically move forward in time other than to progress the story, therefore it isn't necessary. IMO there should be a more bare bones release then come out with the more showy uncessary functions. People are going to complain, whether rightly so is irrelevant, but when a large release comes out many people will say "Wow that's it all this time for this" no matter what you give them. So do the barebones release then immediately pump out content slowly add back in the random flourishes here and there and continue on.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
If its just a post and not a game update then the tag still goes on at the end of the month.
That's probably what this will be, at best. I was kind of hopeful for an alpha but I still think either option isn't that good, we should be getting a full release by this point regardless.

I certainly feel like some of the game mechanics needs to have some expectations cut. There are many things while nice in a game completely aren't necessary in a game like this. What purpose does the calendar serve? There is no way to logically move forward in time other than to progress the story, therefore it isn't necessary. IMO there should be a more bare bones release then come out with the more showy unnecessary functions.
I agree it should be more barebones. The calendar, character cards etc it sounded like to me he wanted them to update as you progress through the game and not just some stats but little details you learn about the characters, the problem though is how the game is made (at least how I see it) doesn't lend itself to easily tracking and applying these little details without becoming a convoluted mess.

Since the game was supposed to change after month 1 and into a more open world or whatever it is, if you were using a quest based system you could more easily flag these changes and it would be a lot more manageable. This is why I've said in the past that the merge would've been better off changing the whole month 1 into the post month 1 format so it's consistent and it would help with these things.

Not sure if this is BlueCat's first game or first few, and his just learning the lessons game design along the way which is perfectly normal but if he planned to change the game after month 1 from the start he really should've just had it be that way from the beginning instead. Could've been something he decided on later too, dunno, is what it is at this point.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
That's probably what this will be, at best. I was kind of hopeful for an alpha but I still think either option isn't that good, we should be getting a full release by this point regardless.
We all still hope for a game release but with almost 2 years since last game release hope looks like its futile.
The Halloween download was the last thing released and will hit the 18 months without an upload in a few days, and the abandoned tag will go back on this.

harem - king

Feb 26, 2018
former patreon - pulled my support today, enough is enough and even on discord after the promise that more details would be released there instead of on the patreon page it was yet again lies.. If only it was possible to enquire if this falls under Fraud
What caused you to stay a donor for so long? Surely something in your brain felt something was off a long, long time ago?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jeancul and Minx077

Munchking

Oct 19, 2017
Skummy Ecchi I feel bad for you man, You have pretty much explained your actions on this forum/topic being that you defended BlueCat because you believed in his word about what was going on but everyone seems to be throwing alot of the hate towards you aswell, which quite frankly is incredibly dumb. Sure you were always trying to keep the faith alive in here but that is literally what fans of anything would do if a delay happened to something they enjoyed or were interested in.
Everyone doesnt seem to understand that the person who was fooled the most wasnt any of them, It was you Skummy, You got fooled so badly that even your reputation on this site is in jeopardy..
First interaction I had with him was about a year and change ago when I suggested in the thread that if the merger was causing so much trouble to put it on the back burner, and try to do some normal updates in the meantime. Before all this updates were pretty prolific so it wouldn't have taken much to keep people satisfied while developers worked on the back end. I was immediately labeled a troll and unhelpful.

Flash forward a couple months and, surprise, no update and quite a few others are saying the same thing. They're also obviously trolls. Nowadays most of the thread is like this. I don't feel bad for the apologists at all.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
First interaction I had with him was about a year and change ago when I suggested in the thread that if the merger was causing so much trouble to put it on the back burner, and try to do some normal updates in the meantime. Before all this updates were pretty prolific so it wouldn't have taken much to keep people satisfied while developers worked on the back end. I was immediately labeled a troll and unhelpful.

Flash forward a couple months and, surprise, no update and quite a few others are saying the same thing. They're also obviously trolls. Nowadays most of the thread is like this. I don't feel bad for the apologists at all.
Well, that's because the sleight of hand used here to divert the masses from the obvious has grown crippled with arthritis and constant exposure to shite.
" There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true "
Both apply here.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
People are starting to wake up to BlueCat's lies.
Hilarious to see when you set it to show all time, keeps going up.. right up until the last update then it goes down each month until now. His lost like what, 60% revenue since then? It's actually interesting seeing the per patron revenue go up the last 3 months, which must be the people resubbing (manually?) .. not sure what makes them think it's worth more. Perhaps those patreon updates deliver false hope after all.

> My other goal is a little more ambitious, but we are about to reach it... Ecchi Sensei shall become the biggest and longest visual novel of all time. Currently we're on 2nd place and we'll reach that goal with Month 1.

Careful, Icarus.
I'm curious what how he judges the biggest and longest visual novel. Is it based off words or images? If it's words that's not necessarily something to be proud of to pad something out that badly and not even be 1/12th the way done yet.

Reactions: KnuckleDragger79

opiex942

Mar 9, 2018
I'm curious what how he judges the biggest and longest visual novel. Is it based off words or images? If it's words that's not necessarily something to be proud of to pad something out that badly and not even be 1/12th the way done yet.
I've no idea where he pulled that from, seeing as how he's never broken into top 100 on the adult game patreon rankings and I don't think I've ever seen ES on the top rated front page of F95. If he was talking file-size, that's just asinine, since the reason week 1 is so massive is because the team he had at the time couldn't figure out how to overlay dialogue over images, so they had to use a shitton of image files for no good reason(if I understood the situation correctly). Must be one of those "Rated 5/5 by lGN" type of situations where the I is actually a "l", and it's just a blog he created himself to plug his game.

Anyways, it's fun to trawl through old posts once in a while and chuckle at the sheer amount of self-assured confidence on display.

Reactions: Iumak00

jodike

Oct 14, 2017
I've no idea where he pulled that from, seeing as how he's never broken into top 100 on the adult game patreon rankings and I don't think I've ever seen ES on the top rated front page of F95. If he was talking file-size, that's just asinine, since the reason week 1 is so massive is because the team he had at the time couldn't figure out how to overlay dialogue over images, so they had to use a shitton of image files for no good reason(if I understood the situation correctly). Must be one of those "Rated 5/5 by lGN" type of situations where the I is actually a "l", and it's just a blog he created himself to plug his game.

Anyways, it's fun to trawl through old posts once in a while and chuckle at the sheer amount of self-assured confidence on display.
Only game i have constantly in the top 10 of the patreon list is summertimesaga, BC must be delusional if he believes he equals that game with this game and especially with his 2 year long nap.

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Haven't looked in this thread in a month. Reading what I missed...does he have a new monitor yet?

That may be the worst excuse I've ever seen. Not a graphics card. Not a HDD/SSD frying. Not a failed power supply that nuked the entire PC. A monitor. You can get a solid monitor for $100 dollars on Amazon. Unless he's trying to buy it in rubles.

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
From what I've heard, it seems like he's the one that writes the script and makes all the renders, which means he is responsible for the "content" of the game (and we do have to give him credit for that). However, even with an engine as simple as Renpy, there's a lot of work between those assets and an actual game; UI creation, actually implementing the script, managing save data, and probably more I haven't thought of. This is what BC seems to have trouble with, and what he's tried to shift off to other people. It's a unfortunately common scenario where a creative type has a great "design" but fails to actually "develop" their idea into a workable product due to a lack of the necessary technical skills.
There is nothing to render, it's just posing some characters in the studio of an Illusion game.
Also Ren'Py is existing for 17 years now, everything you mentioned, has been done a million times and documented. There is no reason to do it from scratch and it is insanely easy. Even if he had problems with it, after 4 - 5 years working on ES he should have learned it by now.

It was you Skummy, You got fooled so badly that even your reputation on this site is in jeopardy..
the ability to repair my reputation
Which reputation?

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes