KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
Slightly worse than that actually, it was on the 20th of June 2020.
thanks for the correction,
I was never 100% sure if it's 24th or 26th.
Guess it wasn't either of them, and yea , slightly worse :)), we'll soon reach 2 years since the "merger" started.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jeancul

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
That's still going to benefit BC if he can sort his shit out.
press X for doubt
I can honestly say that Ecchi Sensei is one of my favorite games, I think I've played it ... at least 10 tiimes, and each playthrough takes me over 35h, so I can safely say I love the game , even though it has some sketchy scenes and other scenes I"m not really comfortable I can say I'm a big fan.
Now I've tried to establish that I'm a big fan , which takes me to my next point.
Will I ever sub again to Ecchi Sensei?answer is quite frankly and short ... no, never, I'll play the public version when they are released to the public but WILL NEVER sub to him again, not because his content is bad/shit etc , no, his content is quite good but his work ethic?now that's a whole other shit festival,
Is he milking the project?I have no idea, it sure seems like that , but is it true?can't know, don't have any substantial proof to back it up, he could be for all intent and purposes be trying to fix the problem.
But yeah.. I'll never sub to him, I mean ... we are getting close to 2years since last main story update... I thought it was 24th or 26th june but I've been corrected, since 20th of june 2020 he has not released new content, because ... merger.
So yea..
In the end , I believe most of the people that post here and most of the lurkers have the same opinion, milker or not doesn't matter, what matters is 2years since no update, and most likely most of them will not sub,
TLDR : in the end I don't really see it as benefiting him.

jodike

Oct 14, 2017
press X for doubt
I can honestly say that Ecchi Sensei is one of my favorite games, I think I've played it ... at least 10 tiimes, and each playthrough takes me over 35h, so I can safely say I love the game , even though it has some sketchy scenes and other scenes I"m not really comfortable I can say I'm a big fan.
Now I've tried to establish that I'm a big fan , which takes me to my next point.
Will I ever sub again to Ecchi Sensei?answer is quite frankly and short ... no, never, I'll play the public version when they are released to the public but WILL NEVER sub to him again, not because his content is bad/shit etc , no, his content is quite good but his work ethic?now that's a whole other shit festival,
Is he milking the project?I have no idea, it sure seems like that , but is it true?can't know, don't have any substantial proof to back it up, he could be for all intent and purposes be trying to fix the problem.
But yeah.. I'll never sub to him, I mean ... we are getting close to 2years since last main story update... I thought it was 24th or 26th june but I've been corrected, since 20th of june 2020 he has not released new content, because ... merger.
So yea..
In the end , I believe most of the people that post here and most of the lurkers have the same opinion, milker or not doesn't matter, what matters is 2years since no update, and most likely most of them will not sub,
Exactly, who in their right mind would start supporting or go back to supporting someone who took money for almost 2 years without delivering what was paid for.
And constantly giving excuses that make no sense or should have no impact on the work being paid for.
Put on top of that, that ecchi sensei is a game with quite old graphics compared to some of the other games on here, compare this game to something like harem hotel or pale carnations, decent update time, high quality and no bullshit excuses from the devs.
Who would people rather give their money to, a dev that delivers what is paid for or a dev that keeps hiding behind a 3rd party to give dumb excuses and doesnt deliver for 2 years.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019
press X for doubt
So yea..
I trust Blue as much as I can throw him, and I'm weak as baby shit. He doesn't need us to pay though. He needs to keep us talking about it, and if he's putting out good content, then that's what we'll be talking about. Then new people will see all the positive talk, and likely sign up to his Patreon. If they can sort their shit out, then no one is going to be regularly talking about the shit show that was the last two years forever. But again, that's a big "If".

In theory, Blue and his team can turn this around around. In practice? We'll have to wait and see. Knowing them, even if they get that April update out, I'm expecting it to be delayed until may lol

fillup1209

Jan 28, 2020
Is it corrupted or your unpacking software out of date?
Im pretty sure its corrupted. Im using Winrar, and its up to date. Plus ive downloaded this game before and it was totally fine, had to delete to make space, but now yesterday i downloaded again and after unpacking it, it gives me this me and error code saying that the file is corrupted.

AnimeKing314

Giant Perv
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2018
Im pretty sure its corrupted. Im using Winrar, and its up to date. Plus ive downloaded this game before and it was totally fine, had to delete to make space, but now yesterday i downloaded again and after unpacking it, it gives me this me and error code saying that the file is corrupted.
Why not just play the merge that dukez made? It's still on here, though you'll have to either do some searching or go through dukez post history to find it. I just redownloaded it a couple weeks ago and am playing it now so I know it isn't corrupted.

fillup1209

Jan 28, 2020
Why not just play the merge that dukez made? It's still on here, though you'll have to either do some searching or go through dukez post history to find it. I just redownloaded it a couple weeks ago and am playing it now so I know it isn't corrupted.
I wasnt even aware there was now till you told me just now.

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
We'll know by the end of the month.
They're supposedly still working on it, but due to either ill intent or incompetence, they've yet to get any content out in a while.
We were giving an April release window for new content, so just wait until then.
Ignore everyone in this thread though. They've devolved into Hitler comparisons, so their word is as unreliable as the devs. Better to ignore this game unless it pops up in the "Latest Updates" page. There's plenty of good games to keep your mind off it.
we get new content end of the month? heck yeah (i personally have given upon the merge after beginning this year)

• Haha
Reactions: Bloodguard

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
Waifu Academy and Ecchi Sensei... My man, I almost feel pity for the pain you go through waiting for two slow (or lazy) devs.
it would be better if 2 shitty games were that sluggish with updates.
i try to be optimistic as i don´t contribute money to them (patreon literally refuses that i support someone cause reasons) & i really love those 2 games

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
it would be better if 2 shitty games were that sluggish with updates.
i try to be optimistic as i don´t contribute money to them (patreon literally refuses that i support someone cause reasons) & i really love those 2 games
Yeah, the games are imo well above average but the devs man, the devs.

Reactions: Soundprime

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
former patreon - pulled my support today, enough is enough and even on discord after the promise that more details would be released there instead of on the patreon page it was yet again lies.. If only it was possible to enquire if this falls under Fraud

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
I'm a patreon.. Its not abandoned
:unsure:

former patreon - pulled my support today, enough is enough and even on discord after the promise that more details would be released there instead of on the patreon page it was yet again lies.. If only it was possible to enquire if this falls under Fraud
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Thanks for doing this. I wish all that donate to Ecchi Sensei would to do the same. Those that continue to donate, despite all Bluecat's clearly BS excuses, are a big part of the problem. Sure, some devs will be greedy, and refuse to pause donations despite not working on their games for months at a time, or longer in Bluecat's case, but the donors are the ones that allow them to do so, month after month.

As a donor myself to quite a few games over the years, games like this one gives other devs a bad name. I tend to add and remove my support regularly from devs, depending on their release progress. I am happy to support devs that communicate regularly and honestly with the fans and strive for a 3-4 month release cycle. I can even accept occasional delays, since life happens. But, once a dev gets complacent, and switches to the 8+ month release cycle or worse, I am done, and switch my support to more deserving devs. To me, it just doesn't make logical or economic sense to pay every month for content only every year or so. I know how long it takes to develop these games, and it is quite a lot of work in total, rendering (not in Ecchi Sensei's case), postprocessing, writing, basic coding, sometimes translating, proofreading, and bug testing, but working 2 or 4 hours, even a few times a week, and rendering at night, should easily allow any dev to release something reasonable every 3 or 4 months. Even if it is short, it keeps the fans interested. If a dev can't even do that, they aren't taking game development seriously, and should not accept donations.

I actually think the Patreon model is key to many great games here, but if donors never pull their money when a dev starts to switch their work model from producing regular content, to endless excuses, many devs will continue this type of bait and switch behavior.

Honestly, there are dozens of games here that are very good, many of which get very little support, where the devs actually care. Bluecat, or whoever actually made the game Ecchi Sensei we see here, since Bluecat seems to not know how to do anything related to "his" game, doesn't deserve one dollar while these other devs are out there are working to provide content for their fans.

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes