cavaemon

May 29, 2018
not gonna lie this game IF it gets completed will be AMAZING but with the dragging feet and etc it may need a clean start again if another game comes from the same dev... still hoping dev makes the best decision and goes on til the end.

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
not gonna lie this game IF it gets completed will be AMAZING but with the dragging feet and etc it may need a clean start again if another game comes from the same dev... still hoping dev makes the best decision and goes on til the end.
We may have better luck asking for the fossil industry to take care of the planet.

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
This should be his next update message......

"Hey everyone! BC here! Unfortunately, the next update has been delayed again. The planets are in a slight misalignment and we are still waiting for the Second Coming Of Christ. But hang in there and keep the money rolling in because it's suckers like YOU that make it possible for me to be a scamming lazy fuck!"

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Whelp, I guessed wrong. My assumption of Bluecat being somewhat competent in a business sense and Skummy's influence with him was completely overestimated. They've proven, to me at least, that they have no clue how to market or organize a working unit, thus displaying a lack of ethics, loyalty and transparency.
Now to wait on Skummy Ecchi's post to see if he goes on with another vapid excuse defending BC, or with the realization that his reputation(on this thread at least) has been damaged and has been a talking head for his false idol.
As an afterthought, here's a PR joke;

Why won’t sharks attack PR reps?
- Professional courtesy.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Got the same vibe, it felt desinterested and almost indifferent.
Well, as much as your take on it is valid, it can also be seen as Bluecat not responding/caring to the drama, his hubris getting in the way. Still working on the game (whatever that means in his mind) and staying the course(sinking ship).
It may not be the smartest thing to do for attracting and/or keeping patrons but maybe he hasn't given up and is stubbornly doing things his way, even if they are to his (and the game's) detriment.

Macar

Aug 25, 2019
Hm, I legitimately thought we'd get something this month just to ward off the abandoned tag. Even if it took another 2 years before the next update afterwards, I figured keeping the abandoned tag away would be top priority to him. It's a shame. This was a good game.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Hm, I legitimately thought we'd get something this month just to ward off the abandoned tag. Even if it took another 2 years before the next update afterwards, I figured keeping the abandoned tag away would be top priority to him. It's a shame. This was a good game.
IMO the idea that the promised release was about warding off the tag was dubious. AFAICT from looking back in the thread, the deadline was only mentioned as "hearsay" then quickly forgotten. Then the release was promised, notably after patrons expressed support for MTL release (granted, BC seemed unmoved by this, at least at first). It was only later that the deadline became a regular topic of discussion here and was confirmed as site policy.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
IMO the idea that the promised release was about warding off the tag was dubious. AFAICT from looking back in the thread, the deadline was only mentioned as "hearsay" then quickly forgotten. Then the release was promised, notably after patrons expressed support for MTL release (granted, BC seemed unmoved by this, at least at first). It was only later that the deadline became a regular topic of discussion here and was confirmed as site policy.
Maybe, but when it was erroneously labelled abandoned last month, Skummy self-assuredly chimed in and said it(the tag) was going to disappear and an update would surface in April. He tried to be convincing, and consequently failed, to uphold this assertion. His doublethink became his undoing.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Maybe, but when it was erroneously labelled abandoned last month
Because of the timing, I assumed that was an April Fools thing* and that was why Skummy was so sure it would be removed. I took his assurance that the release would happen separately and with a truckload of salt.

* It wasn't until after Skummy's post that a moderator confirmed it was a mistake rather than a prank.

Last edited:

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Hmm. I don't remember bluecat himself mentioning a deadline in the first place, he seems to be fairly oblivious to what's going on with his game. The most he ever gave were vague one word replies to people

I think it was a final attempt to make bluecat suddenly start working, skummy probably hoped that the tag would make bluecat care enough to do something. But it didn't. Latecomer and bluecat are just as bad as each other, they've taken the money and ran with it

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Because of the timing, I assumed that was an April Fools thing* and that was why Skummy was so sure it would be removed. I took his assurance that the release would happen separately and with a truckload of salt.

* It wasn't until after Skummy's post that a moderator confirmed it was a mistake rather than a prank.
Makes sense given that other pranks here were made, and some having been badly received. I also thought it was a prank at the time. All I was saying that the immediate reply from Skummy shows he was going for damage control and so the tag does seemingly have some portrayed significance to them. Otherwise, why attempt any assurances?

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
Hmm. I don't remember bluecat himself mentioning a deadline in the first place
Well, an April deadline was talked about on the discord:

Don't know for certain but I got the impression it was the same release that Skummy talked about.

But as HalfElf pointed out a bit after that, it's not clear which question BC answered. And of course he never actually clarified. :rolleyes:

4.10 star(s) 145 Votes