Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Well, my unofficial merge is done. (the only one that will exist?)

New saves only as old saves won't work.
Speaking of saves, for some reason the saves won't save into the usual %appdata%/renpy folders for me but it may not affect you. If you want to back them up after I would recommend copying them out of the game folder if you also run into this problem.

The merge includes Day 1 through 23. You can view the changelog of the things I did below.
This has been compressed down from 22GB~ to 3GB~.
Patch content is in a separate file that has to be extracted into the game folder.

Ecchi Sensei Fan Merge Days 1-23 (3.15GB) (Windows/Linux)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If anyone wishes to play the specials that aren't included in this through the days (They aren't "canon" from what I remember) then the only ones you would need to download are:
Halloween Special (2020)
Fapoween Special (2019)
Lewdmas & Lewdyears Special (2018)
You can find these on the first page.
If this isn't proof enough in showing the total ineptitude and/or laziness of Bluecat with all the time he had since the last update (and the years of already working on the game I might add), then anyone foolish enough to take his assertions at face value of bringing this to fruition really needs to buy a screwdriver. Their screws are loose.

BTW Dukez Great job (y)

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Hey dukez, from start to finish how long did it take?
Few weeks I guess, If I was to hazard a guess over those weeks I maybe put in like 40 or so hours total? A fair portion of it was me troubleshooting various things, like I started off on renpy 8.0.3 for a while before I moved down to an older version. Some of the things I wanted to do was get rid of the "Day 1" etc pages or when you go past page 9 the pages list would up to to 10-19 and so on but I couldn't get it working properly lol.

After that I thought "maybe I'll just change the save name to be the current day your on?" but I ran into the problem that it would use the variable that gets that info, so when you loaded a different save all the other save names would update to that... tried various ways at tackling it to no avail so I reverted it.

My least fun part was translating the calendar stuff, since the new system was VERY different to the old one and included a lot of new entries that weren't translated so I essentially ended up just having to go line by line creating my own translations (they are deep learning ones for those curious, more than fine for this stuff though) but this ultimately led me down the path of checking what else might be missing, hence some character profiles and such being added.

I was strongly considering filling out the replay system to include stuff from days 8-23... but when I looked at how the code for it was it just seemed tedious and I'd rather try to remake that instead which I didn't want to do. So Bluecat can do that.

Bouncing off that discord post above, one thing that is VERY clear to me having to skip through a few times from start to finish is that each day between 1 & 7 is A LOT longer than any day made after those first 7. I don't think this is a bad thing but it really stood out to me because even while skipping through so I could make sure the game works properly start to finish, It would take me like 20-25~ mins just to get to day 8, whereas days 8-23 is probably like 30~ mins or so. I only had to do this a couple times but I hated it xD.

May 15, 2022
Few weeks I guess, If I was to hazard a guess over those weeks I maybe put in like 40 or so hours total? A fair portion of it was me troubleshooting various things, like I started off on renpy 8.0.3 for a while before I moved down to an older version. Some of the things I wanted to do was get rid of the "Day 1" etc pages or when you go past page 9 the pages list would up to to 10-19 and so on but I couldn't get it working properly lol.

After that I thought "maybe I'll just change the save name to be the current day your on?" but I ran into the problem that it would use the variable that gets that info, so when you loaded a different save all the other save names would update to that... tried various ways at tackling it to no avail so I reverted it.

My least fun part was translating the calendar stuff, since the new system was VERY different to the old one and included a lot of new entries that weren't translated so I essentially ended up just having to go line by line creating my own translations (they are deep learning ones for those curious, more than fine for this stuff though) but this ultimately led me down the path of checking what else might be missing, hence some character profiles and such being added.

I was strongly considering filling out the replay system to include stuff from days 8-23... but when I looked at how the code for it was it just seemed tedious and I'd rather try to remake that instead which I didn't want to do. So Bluecat can do that.

Bouncing off that discord post above, one thing that is VERY clear to me having to skip through a few times from start to finish is that each day between 1 & 7 is A LOT longer than any day made after those first 7. I don't think this is a bad thing but it really stood out to me because even while skipping through so I could make sure the game works properly start to finish, It would take me like 20-25~ mins just to get to day 8, whereas days 8-23 is probably like 30~ mins or so. I only had to do this a couple times but I hated it xD.
Welp that just proves that Blue is either stumbling around in the dark with no clue what to do and just hoping that he can finish it or that he knows what to do but just doesn't care anymore.

As for what I think about you Dukez:
i-just-think-youre-so-amazing-claire-harper.gif

Also because I'm such a nice guy and want to reward you for your hard work:
dc62b8c72037d4d3374ad32e0fe1be1a--happy-birthday-meme-birthday-memes.jpg

May 15, 2022
Think I just figured out why the merge has taken 3 years and counting:
Capturegoodbyeecchisensei.PNG

He took over the helm in July 2022. He can't do any of that himself.

Welp. Everybody type F in chat for this game. Someone that doesn't know how to do it took over to do it. Yep, its now confirmed dead.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
I just hope the great save changes that required source code editing isn't just that... they went back and just changed how it's saved.... because that's not renpy's source code lol.

for context as an example, all the events on the calendar would previously saved as a true/false variable and be set to true as you go through the days, e.g can_see_feb_21st = true... so you can imagine this bloats the save file. They moved away from this after week 1 IIRC and started using progress = number, so it only saves once in the file and you can show content based on what number it is - way better. Not a source code change though.

I think even stumbling around in the dark would result in the merge getting completed, so it's just unfathomable how it's not released yet IF they were working on it. Bluecat should just merge whatever little amount of work his done into mine :WeSmart:.

RandoCard3

Mar 17, 2019

As someone who's been right up in the guts of this thing, is fixing it easy enough, or would a ground up remake be more efficient?
Do you have any idea what exactly could be causing problems on the devs end? Or was seeing the insides just proof that they're just sitting on their arse?
Either way, good work and thanks for all this.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Well, my unofficial merge is done. (the only one that will exist?)

New saves only as old saves won't work.
Speaking of saves, for some reason the saves won't save into the usual %appdata%/renpy folders for me but it may not affect you. If you want to back them up after I would recommend copying them out of the game folder if you also run into this problem.

The merge includes Day 1 through 23. You can view the changelog of the things I did below.
This has been compressed down from 22GB~ to 3GB~.
Patch content is in a separate file that has to be extracted into the game folder.

Ecchi Sensei Fan Merge Days 1-23 (3.15GB) (Windows/Linux)

If anyone wishes to play the specials that aren't included in this through the days (They aren't "canon" from what I remember) then the only ones you would need to download are:
Halloween Special (2020)
Fapoween Special (2019)
Lewdmas & Lewdyears Special (2018)
You can find these on the first page.
I Love You | Know Your Meme

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
As someone who's been right up in the guts of this thing, is fixing it easy enough, or would a ground up remake be more efficient?
Do you have any idea what exactly could be causing problems on the devs end? Or was seeing the insides just proof that they're just sitting on their arse?
Either way, good work and thanks for all this.
In it's current state being what's in D22-23, it's easy enough since a lot of the background stuff is done and just needs converting previous data over although most of it was already done too, the calendar data was the biggest outlier to me.

The way the calendar is built now is WAY better than it was (not talking about how progress is saved) before (Although it has bugs, if they read my code maybe they will see where I point something out :sneaky:) and is why I think the replay & gallery system should be remade. I never really considered before at how the music UI is handled but that might actually be a fit-in-replacement for these systems with a little modification.

What do I think is causing them problems? Assuming it's not a scam, then I would put it down to two things - Scope & Willpower.

Scope - We've seen some images Bluecat has posted before in discord showing him working on stuff, I think it was a D4 script and it showed some modification to how things are handled, which in this case was patch related IIRC and streamlining how it worked that would make a shorter script but have the same substance. This is purely wasted effort that won't have a perceived difference to the end user or himself - you should only be going back to these to fix how things are saved (as I did) to make them compatible with the new approach.

The character profile system is another example of this. The old code worked fine but they broke it at some point but it didn't need redoing like it has been in D22-23. I might've mentioned this in a previous post before I released it, but at first the D22-23 character profile system didn't work for me either even after enabling it, so I initially just reverted back to the previous system in and looked at how it worked in Week 1 fixed it, so it displayed & saved things correctly. Only after I ran into issues later unrelated to this and having fixed the old system, I revisited the newer one and decided to put that back in since the fix applied to this system as well. There's a lot of dead code in the new system, almost like they were trying to work out why stuff wasn't saving...... (FYI for them... defaulting != defined in trying to save something).

Willpower would be the main cause though I'd bet. Putting wasted time on things that don't matter aside, you just need the will to work on something and see it through which Bluecat clearly had in the beginning and has now lost. Sure coding is different to creating images, but both required the willpower to see it through + someone else is supposed to be helping on the coding side anyway last I saw.

Oh, also it's easier to fix something than it is to restart from scratch but it does have it's downsides in that you don't know exactly how everything comes together when it's not your code so it can slow you down at times. Starting from scratch would be a good excuse to delete it's UI though (I really do not like it, it's so wasteful in space).

I literally just realized this now, despite myself writing some commented out lines on certain things while I was doing this but this actually had no code documentation in it at all. Who TF coded this again? I'm actually pissed now since I've realized this because this is standard code practice LOL. They might not of broken their own features if they had documented it, who knows.

Damn wall of text again too. GG

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
Was wondering if the Darkmind patch will work with this?

Nvm: It won't...

Edit: Thank you Dukez for pointing out my idiocy :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I got so excited i didn't read far enough and thought the second download was for Mac. Appreciate the extra effort. :love:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Soulpuppet

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Was wondering if the Darkmind patch will work with this?

Nvm: It won't...
If your talking my merge, then the darkmind patch I made will work with it which is linked in the same link. It's two separate downloads.

I did but my post was deleted because his Discord mods don't allow stuff from F95.
So if I was to pop into his discord and post it myself as the author...? Well it'd still get deleted I'm sure. I wouldn't even bother trying though :KEK:

Reactions: Burgh917

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
Dukez Great work on the merge, I have played the first few days so far. I cant wait to see how you handled the phone change format in the last version. If you have time to tweak the merge would you add the improvements Lain made or week 1? otherwise you lose a lot of content.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Dukez Great work on the merge, I have played the first few days so far. I cant wait to see how you handled the phone change format in the last version. If you have time to tweak the merge would you add the improvements Lain made or week 1? otherwise you lose a lot of content.
Improvements like what? Only thing that comes to mind is where you can see both path choices, which only ever happens like a couple times in week 1? I think it's not worth my time. Just make a save when you get there and explore it after because I don't think your choices really matter much past week 1, it becomes basically a linear game for the most part.

If your referring to something else you'll have to enlighten me.

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
Improvements like what? Only thing that comes to mind is where you can see both path choices, which only ever happens like a couple times in week 1? I think it's not worth my time. Just make a save when you get there and explore it after because I don't think your choices really matter much past week 1, it becomes basically a linear game for the most part.

If your referring to something else you'll have to enlighten me.
Yes it got linear is week 2 but first week you often missed scenes. below is from lains mod ..

https://f95zone.to/threads/ecchi-sensei-lains-improvements-scene-gallery-mod-week-1.25300/

And again it was only done for week 1 as week 2 onwards it just changed to a do or dont do rather than pick 1 only selection.
I have no idea why it creates 2 spoilers, i removed the extra formatting but still insisnts on 2 entries, wierd. I blame vegan's.

Last edited:

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
Yes it got linear is week 2 but first week you often missed scenes. below is from lains mod ..

https://f95zone.to/threads/ecchi-sensei-lains-improvements-scene-gallery-mod-week-1.25300/

And again it was only done for week 1 as week 2 onwards it just changed to a do or dont do rather than pick 1 only selection.
I have no idea why it creates 2 spoilers, i removed the extra formatting but still insisnts on 2 entries, wierd. I blame vegan's.
I was going to say no since I think it's more than fine to just use saves since it's not much of a recurring theme through the game, but the mao dance thing got me wanting to check and it's not actually in the script to be shown so I'll look into that mod tomorrow to see what other things they do if it stands out, and make a small patch for it.

Reactions: Ickerax
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes